• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies |OT| Because you have nothing better to do

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
VQHf5cP.png

Playstationtrophies.org - Trophy guides, roadmaps

XboxAchievements.com - Achievement guides & roadmaps

PS3Trophies.com - Trophy guides & roadmaps, also has a wide selection of gamercards

TrueAchievements - Adjusts rarity and difficulty of each achievement to produce a "True Achievement" score.

Raptr - Tracks gaming activity on both console and PC

Playfire - Tracks gaming activity, analogous to Raptr

Steam Community - Tracks global Steam achievement stats

PSNProfiles - PS3 Trophy card generator, tracks Vita games as well with a very detailed profile page

Exophase - Multi-system cards, PSN leaderboards, and trophy lists for every PS3 and PSVita game.

PSN Trophy Leaders - Clean site with clear options to sort your trophies and check your progress

Hakoom.net - Site of avid Trophy collector Hakoom with tips, livestreams and blogposts.

1 Million Gamerscore - Site of avid Achievement Collector Stallion83 on his quest to 1.000.000 GS. Podcasts and blogposts can be found here too.

truetrophies.com

http://astats.astats.nl/astats/ Guides and ranking for achievements

www.metagamerscore.com Ranking site for Steam, PSN and xbox achievements

Gaf leaderboard: GAF leaderboard.

OP shamelessly stolen from the last thread made by StevePharma
----------------------

Welcome to Achieve Trophies |OT|™ the place where we can discuss gaming's most useless concept. If you are crazy enough to get all the trophies or achievements in a game feel free to discuss stuff with us fellow crazies.

EDIT: Here's my PSN and xbox profiles if anyone is interested

redhairedking

I always want to get all trophies/achievement but find myself getting bored and realizing how pointless it is once I start grinding for the ridiculous ones.

Dsyndrome

Sad that all my Platinums are from easy-trophy games like Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, and Sherlock Holmes. Usually the ones holding me back are "Achieve All Endings" (since I just Youtube the ones I didn't get) or beat the game in X amount of time (I have other games to get through).

What happened to Steve?

The OP could use an update: yourgamercards doesn't exist anymore.
truetrophies.com has launched earlier this year, with a GAF leaderboard.

Anyway I'm currently playing Frozen Synapse Prime (Vita), almost have the Platinum, just have to finish the campaign.

Nori Chan

6 month later yaaaayy

Currently trying to go through sessions on true achievements to get my last achievement on destiny

daevv

Since the fall update of Battlefield 4 I've been playing it again. Getting all the DLC trophies while exploring the new maps has been fun (I have Premium). Gonna try for my first 100% battlefield game since Bad Company 2 on 360.

Glad to see a general achievement/trophy thread than a monthly one.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
What happened to Steve?

The OP could use an update: yourgamercards doesn't exist anymore.
truetrophies.com has launched earlier this year, with a GAF leaderboard.

Anyway I'm currently playing Frozen Synapse Prime (Vita), almost have the Platinum, just have to finish the campaign.

I dunno what happened to Steve, he was a cool dude for making threads every month but maybe he just grew tired of it. I updated the OP with your info, thanks. Also the fucking get A+ in every level trophy for hotline miami fucking sucks, i dunno what play style is better for that. Also i really should go back to Mass Effect 2 i'm so close to the platinum i only need an insane run and a romance and that's it.

Tapejara

I've really been putting off trophy hunting these past few months. My last platinum was inFAMOUS: Second Son and I believe that was in either July or August. Hopefully I'll be able to knock off some of the easy ones on my list before the year is up.

Returners

I dunno what happened to Steve, he was a cool dude for making threads every month but maybe he just grew tired of it. I updated the OP with your info, thanks. Also the fucking get A+ in every level trophy for hotline miami fucking sucks, i dunno what play style is better for that. Also i really should go back to Mass Effect 2 i'm so close to the platinum i only need an insane run and a romance and that's it.

I just did this recently.

Mask with drill and you do ground executions with any enemy nets you 1100 pts.

Don Juan (Lethal Doors) gets you a 2200 for every against a wall/object execution.

Frog Mask makes combo chaining easier, I've used that to get most of the A+ scoring.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just did this recently.

Mask with drill and you do ground executions with any enemy nets you 1100 pts.

Don Juan (Lethal Doors) gets you a 2200 for every against a wall/object execution.

Frog Mask makes combo chaining easier, I've used that to get most of the A+ scoring.

Thanks but i already knew that stuff but it's the execution that gets me and the fact that you have to use a specific mask for different levels, what worked on one level might not work in the next. Currently working on level 10 and it's hard with don juan, might have to use Zack.
Also guys do you think i'm crazy for kinda wanting to get all of the trophies in Playstation home? I still have time to get the 50 days trophy.......

Returners

Thanks but i already knew that stuff but it's the execution that gets me and the fact that you have to use a specific mask for different levels, what worked on one level might not work in the next. Currently working on level 10 and it's hard with don juan, might have to use Zack.
Also guys do you think i'm crazy for kinda wanting to get all of the trophies in Playstation home? I still have time to get the 50 days trophy.......

Is PS HOME shutting down? I take a screenshot everytime I logon so I keep track.

You just need to remember to logon.

PlayStation is set to shutdown on the 31st of March. For the 50 days trophy this means you can still start logging in early February (10th at the latest) and get it. Assuming of course that PSN is every day accessible and that Home is still online on March 31st.

I'm also working on that trophy, but I didn't count my days and I often forget to log in.

mstevens

Platinum #22 - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

I can't believe how much better this game was than vanilla D3. I had a really good time with this game, leveling 2 Crusaders (1 SC 1 HC) to 70 before even touching the other classes. I had to take a break for a month or so to play some Mordor and Destiny, plus I was getting a little burnt out leveling alts, but I just wrapped it up and it wasn't too bad. No hard trophies at all.

In a weird place because I'm not sure what game I'm going to try to platinum next. Won't be getting the plat for Destiny, so I gotta pick a new game. Maybe Gravity Rush or Freedom Wars if I pick that up. (Or Dragon Age?)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i played home and i think i saw actual human beings inside there, actual people play home. It was some scary shit.

Xianghua

Banned
Have a proposal to make: Since this is the OT thread now, how about we submit all our gamercards to be added for op to update in the first post?

Don't worry about the placements of the gamercards(from highest lvl to lowest lvl) or monthly trophy gained scores or monthly update for now, since apparently that is too much work.

Just some kind of recognition and acknowledgement of all of our hard work is needed. What do you think everyone? And op do you agree?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Have a proposal to make: Since this is the OT thread now, how about we submit all our gamercards to be added for op to update in the first post?

Don't worry about the placements of the gamercards(from highest lvl to lowest lvl) or monthly trophy gained scores or monthly update for now, since apparently that is too much work.

Just some kind of recognition and acknowledgement of all of our hard work is needed. What do you think everyone? And op do you agree?

Sure i can do that no problem, not sure if there is more demand for it from other gaffers. Would love more feedback.

It depends of course on how many people will participate. If it's as popular as the monthly threads (example from september 2013: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666985), I wouldn't really recommend it.

Maybe only post the gamercards of active posters in this thread? People who are posting about their goals/progression. Otherwise I think that some people will post their gamercard and then just disappear.

Returners

It depends of course on how many people will participate. If it's as popular as the monthly threads (example from september 2013: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666985), I wouldn't really recommend it.

Maybe only post the gamercards of active posters in this thread? People who are posting about their goals/progression. Otherwise I think that some people will post their gamercard and then just disappear.

I would only do it when we reach Page 2.

It would be loading a crap ton of profiles.

Unless we hit reset and you need to re-include yourself.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I would only do it when we reach Page 2.

It would be loading a crap ton of profiles.

Unless we hit reset and you need to re-include yourself.

We'll reach page 2 in about 2 months at this pace and i don't think we would be loading a ton of profiles because this thread isn't very popular. Seriously how many people actually want their gamercard on the OP? 3? 5? 10?

Returners

We'll reach page 2 in about 2 months at this pace and i don't think we would be loading a ton of profiles because this thread isn't very popular. Seriously how many people actually want their gamercard on the OP? 3? 5? 10?

lol yeah. I'm good with reset.

oggob

I got Platinum #59 in the last week, that from Danganronpa 2 : Goodbye Despair. The after story minigames almost did me in, it really became a chore and I spent as much time with them as I did the main campaign.

The campaign itself, absolutely fantastic! Loved every moment of it, the final 2 Chapters were just so insane with all the revelations and twists, etc.

This year, I've really been trying to complete to 100% more and the last few weeks I have lapsed abit, but I feel as though I've been reasonably successful.

2008 - 1 Platinum
2009 - 8 Platinum
2010 - 7 Platinum
2011 - 5 Platinum
2012 - 9 Platinum
2013 - 14 Platinum
2014 - 15 Platinum (with probably 2 or 3 more to come before the year is out)

The funny thing is this all started because we had twins at the end of 2012, with less money for games, I don't move onto the newest game each month as much and started digging into the backlog (though PS+ ruins that) and alot of gaming to and from work with the Vita.

Tapejara

Hoping to knock some easy platinums out. I'm replaying Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel on it's really easy. I also want to finish up Ghosts + its DLC. I really love the Extinction mode so I'll hopefully I'll get that done.
I probably won't.

Returners

Hoping to knock some easy platinums out. I'm replaying Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel on it's really easy. I also want to finish up Ghosts + its DLC. I really love the Extinction mode so I'll hopefully I'll get that done.
I probably won't.

Hey that's awesome, are you on the DLCs yet? Do you got a full crew? I wanna do the DLCs.

Also, can you platinum Devil's Cartel solo?

netguy503

Platinum's #37-41 : Sherlock (PS4), The Walking Dead (PS4), and Soundshapes (PS4, PS3, and PSVita)

PSN 100%: The Walking Dead Season 2

Yea..I've been busy. :)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Platinum #5: Hotline Miami

I did the "delete the patch" trick and i got my platinum easily, well not exactly since i had to A+ most of the levels but i skipped a few with the trick. Great fucking game but i wish the controls were better.

Oh hey, Achieve Trophies thread. Long time, no see. This is what I've gotten since I last posted in the old thread (back when I hit 150 platinums):

Platinum #151 - Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD (PS3)
Platinum #152 - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Platinum #153 - The Wolf Among Us (PS3)
Platinum #154 - Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
Platinum #155 - Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Platinum #156 - South Park: The Stick of Truth
Platinum #157 - Sound Shapes (PAL PS4)
Platinum #158 - PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Platinum #159 - inFamous: Second Son
Platinum #160 - inFamous: First Light
Platinum #161 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Platinum #162 - Tomb Raider 2013 (PS3)
Platinum #163 - Demon's Souls (PAL)

I'm still cleaning up my backlog quite a bit. Perfect time for it, since there haven't really been that many new releases this year that I've had much interest in. Next year will be an entirely different matter though, with three big releases I want in February alone.

On to trophies, has anyone got the platinum for the Asian version of Demon's Souls? I'm looking to get that one done quickly, so any help with the harder loot drops (like Pure Bladestone) would be hugely appreciated.

Tapejara

Hey that's awesome, are you on the DLCs yet? Do you got a full crew? I wanna do the DLCs.

Also, can you platinum Devil's Cartel solo?

I'm gonna do the DLCs this week and then mop what's left of the core game. I don't have a crew, but most of the DLC trophies don't really need a full crew. That said, I'm down to play :).

Also, Devil's Cartel has one co-op trophy, but that's just for finishing a level in co-op. There's one hidden trophy that might need to be done co-op - kill two unsuspecting enemies simultaneously - but other than that everything else can be done solo.

netguy503

Platinum #5: Hotline Miami

I did the "delete the patch" trick and i got my platinum easily, well not exactly since i had to A+ most of the levels but i skipped a few with the trick. Great fucking game but i wish the controls were better.

Does the patch trick still work on the PS4 version?

netguy503

added myself to the truetrophies leaderboard. 29th place is okay, right?

Added myself to the truetrophies site too. I think I'm 17 or something like that. I see the OP is updated from the last time I checked. Good job. Would it be possible now that a new person is in charge of the thread that we get all our gamer cards back in the OP? I liked coming in here and having a one stop place where I could see how I rank with others/what trophies people had been getting lately. Just a thought.

Vade

Added myself to the leaderboard; been too focused on pc and CPA testing. All these new games coming out though might be time to pick up that ps4 and go back to the grind.

Platinum #62: Frozen Synapse Prime, great game, only a bit of online boosting needed, campaign mode can be challenging at times. Will probably play it again on PS3 since it has a seperate trophylist. Also my 5000th trophy.

SxP

Platinum #21: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc

That was a lot more tedious than I expected it to be. I definitely won't go for the platinum with the sequel. It's not really worth the time.

phen0m24

Platinumed Infamous Second -that was my first plat on PSN.

Likely my last plat for a while
(until the sequel?)

I should get a trophy for spirit-bloom farming in Destiny, though.
Ember Caves, you and me have something special

I3rand0

I missed these threads (and StevePharma). It's good to see them back. Working on the Lords of Shadows 2 platinum right now. I finished all the challenges last night on Prince of Darkness difficulty and got 110% completion. Just need one more play through and I'm done.

I achieved the Boarding Objective Succesful in FTL. It's only an in-game achievement, but it sure was tough. It was the last one that I needed.

Tapejara

The Advanced Warfare platinum seems like it should be rather easy, unless I'm overlooking some daunting task in Exo Survival?

daevv

Still jonesin for some Battlefield action after getting all the DLC trophies for 100% in BF4 I went back and started the DLC in BF3. I bought premium shortly after it became free on PS+ but never played it much. :)

Returners

Is basically passing the waves until the enemies become harder, you do it another time and you get another trophy. I head it's perfectly doable solo.

err.... I might need more practise. Died Wave 8 first time I tried.

EDIT: Anyone up for playing Exo Survival this weekend?

netguy503

Plat #42: The Wolf Among Us (PS4).

I would join you guys for exo survival in AW but I agree with that recent thread on here that the netcode is really bad in this game right now. I was lagging and jumping all over the place in my first few MP sessions today. And you guys played with me on Ghosts...it was never like that with me. :(

But if you still want to try...hit me up. :)

oggob

On the cusp of another Platinum, I haven't tried it just yet, I've been going through the levels one by one, but upto the final level of Velocity 2X...

I knew what I was in for before the surprise of Level 48, but those couple of levels have really done my head in at the moment, it's like going back to Level 1, you have to learn how to play the entire game again!

Level 42 & 47 were some epic designs, but I actually had alot more trouble with Level 41. Anyway, probably look to finish off the game tomorrow, fantastic sequel and hope there will be a 3X down the track.

Returners

Plat #42: The Wolf Among Us (PS4).

I would join you guys for exo survival in AW but I agree with that recent thread on here that the netcode is really bad in this game right now. I was lagging and jumping all over the place in my first few MP sessions today. And you guys played with me on Ghosts...it was never like that with me. :(

But if you still want to try...hit me up. :)

The main grind at least is either play 50 matches or the bonus round. Which is on the tier 4 map.

Anyone that far yet?

Top Bottom