• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | April 2014 Thread | "Trying To Bring Forth Sanctum 3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
fNawkHx.png

Playstationtrophies.org - Trophy guides, roadmaps

XboxAchievements.com - Achievement guides & roadmaps

PS3Trophies.com - Trophy guides & roadmaps, also has a wide selection of gamercards

TrueAchievements - Adjusts rarity and difficulty of each achievement to produce a "True Achievement" score.

Raptr - Tracks gaming activity on both console and PC

Playfire - Tracks gaming activity, analogous to Raptr

Steam Community - Tracks global Steam achievement stats

YourGamercards | Playstation.com | Xbox.com - Generate Gamercards

PSNProfiles - PS3 Trophy card generator, tracks Vita games as well with a very detailed profile page

Exophase - Multi-system cards, PSN leaderboards, and trophy lists for every PS3 and PSVita game.

PSN Trophy Leaders - Clean site with clear options to sort your trophies and check your progress

Hakoom.net - Site of avid Trophy collector Hakoom with tips, livestreams and blogposts.

1 Million Gamerscore - Site of avid Achievement Collector Stallion83 on his quest to 1.000.000 GS. Podcasts and blogposts can be found here too.

----------------------

gamercardbannerwideu4ke3.png

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

• Generate a Gamercard @ psnprofiles.com (PS3) and/or xboxgamertag.com (X360)
  • Post the card (full BBCODE !) in the thread. Say something like "Add me bro!"
  • From next month on, you'll be added to the leaderboard and your score will be tallied
  • Scores are tallied from on the last day of the month @ 8 pm GMT+1 (usually around this time, might be one or two days later)

I wanted to put up the full scores tonight but there's been an unfortunate loss/death of an acquaintance this week. Score tally will be up tomorrow.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sorry to hear that :(

Still finishing up Infamous here. Been playing a lot of Destiny of Spirits too. Will jump into DW8 XL at some point this month

skybald

Does anyone have the Raptr stuff working for their PS4 profile? It is definitely not tracking my time played

Edit: NVM, raptr can't track playtime for PS4 games

Sorry to hear about your loss Steve. No rush man.

Platinum #27: Tales of Xillia
Finally finished a tales game. Maybe I should try finish that tales of eternia game save I had all those years ago? If I still have it anyway.
Next game, I can either play Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Dragon's Crown, GTA V, ZoE HD Remaster, Catherine, Ys Celceta or Toukiden. I just can't decide what to play.

Abylim

March was a good month for me, Platinum in Dark Souls 2 and Lightning Returns.

Sooooo many vita games have my attention right now, and I enjoy them, even if they are grindy.

I came to a trophy realization again, and I'm still hunting for them, but I'm not going to stress about completion % or anything anymore.

Almost didnt bother with the DS2 platinum when I heard it would require pvp, but when it was discovered you had to get to NG++ I was allllll in!

Thanks guys. I need a bit more time due to the circumstances, I'll try to get everything up tomorrow. I need to replace all the xbox cards too because xboxgamertag is getting a bit unreliable sometimes and I can't tally the scores all too well.

Cornbread78

Take your time buddy, Real life over cyber life any day of the week ya know... Besides that, my score is probably embarassing anyway.

Tapejara

Sorry for your loss Steve. Please, do take your time with the cards/scores if necessary.

--

I'll likely be focusing on Putty Squad and Danganonpa this month. Still have to go for the Spelunker HD platinum as well.

Kassu

Banned
Getting Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls really is a pain in the ass. I've been killing Black Skeletons for two days now with no success. I love this game but I would like to play something else already..

And sorry for your loss Steve, take your time with scores.

Nintendad

Take your time Steve and well wishes.

hey! Anyone wanna get together when The Last of Us Remaster comes out and go for those Multiplayer Trophies?

Guys I need someone to play with in CS:GO

The online is dead and some of those trophies are hard with bots. For example, bots don't ever draw knives so I can't get the knife fight trophy.

Please let me know.
Also, feel free to go ahead and send the friend request:

My PSN ID - FlipadelphiaFlip

Nintendad

Going for the Platinum in LEGO The Hobbit. What's the best way to handle LEGO Platinum's? Beat it first and then go back once I've got more characters unlocked?

Joni

Going for the Platinum in LEGO The Hobbit. What's the best way to handle LEGO Platinum's? Beat it first and then go back once I've got more characters unlocked?
Yes. Chance is high you'll need specific characters you get late in the game to 100% early levels.

Pimpwerx

Yes. Chance is high you'll need specific characters you get late in the game to 100% early levels.
This. Also, because the grinding can get monotonous and detract from the fun. Lego Movie was so fucking tedious because there was no world map and flying was clunkier than Lego Marvel. PEACE.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey guys hows it going, been dormant for a long while, was just awashed by SE and FFXIV

Look at what I finally Got!:
Fucking Finally....

wTXqTE2l.jpg

xmO7sr9l.jpg

166th Platinum, Damn! chased this Platinum the longest! (7 months, 2 Weeks)

Onto the sad end part, my Vita charger somehow caught itself on fire burned the charged port and killed my Vita =/
Gonna call so Sony and see if they can fix it >_<

GraveRobber is back \o/ congrats on the FF platinum, seems like a chore.

I just got the 1000G on Dark Souls II. Damn what a good game that was. It's been a long time since a game ate me this way for a hundred hours without me getting bored along the way.

crispyben

So, I started playing Everybody's Golf on PSVita (Hot Shots Golf World Invitational is the other name, I think), and I can't quite wrap my head around everything outside of the golf interface itself.... Anyone got a link to a good primer? It's not like I will ever Platinum this thing, or get above 20% completion really, but I'd still love to understand what the game is telling me, and the OT's been dead for months.

Anyhoo, here's my trophy card, I picked up a PS4 and am well on my way to Platinum InFamous Second Son before I try to wrap my head around Resogun! I got all I could (trophy-wise) out of OlliOlli and Luftrausers, what great games, I love my Vita... except when I play Everybody's Golf >:-(

skybald

Fuck Dead Nation. Went to my buddies house to beat it over the course of a couple a nights for the co-op trophy. It popped for him but not for me then the system crapped out and we lost out save(or the co-op save is deleted when the credits roll?).

Ugh, not going to go for the plat in this game now

Montresor

Sorry to hear that news StevePharma.

GraveRobber is back \o/ congrats on the FF platinum, seems like a chore.

I just got the 1000G on Dark Souls II. Damn what a good game that was. It's been a long time since a game ate me this way for a hundred hours without me getting bored along the way.

Crazy. Dark Souls 1/2 intimidate me, heh.

I think I'm done with Titanfall for now until DLC comes out. So I'll continue with a rotation of Ryse / Kingdoms Of Amalur / Asura'sWrath / Bioshock Infinite DLC / Battleblock Theater for the rest of this month.

I'm also only one week away from getting the 1000/1000 in Rayman Legends thanks to a couple of more diamond trophies.

Montresor

I'm struggling with the urge to buy Trials Fusion... I know I shouldn't play this, I have way too big a backlog and I'm juggling multiple games already (see previous post, juggling 5 games already, not including Rayman Legends).

But the damn thing has an early adopter achievement. Expires in 30 days, for completion 50% of the game.

Anyone know how long it takes to finish 50% of that game?

Returners

I'm struggling with the urge to buy Trials Fusion... I know I shouldn't play this, I have way too big a backlog and I'm juggling multiple games already (see previous post, juggling 5 games already, not including Rayman Legends).

But the damn thing has an early adopter achievement. Expires in 30 days, for completion 50% of the game.

Anyone know how long it takes to finish 50% of that game?

What name is that? I'm checking both PS4 and Xbox lists and I don't see it.

Montresor

What name is that? I'm checking both PS4 and Xbox lists and I don't see it.

Like Joni said it's a challenge, not an achievement. Challenges are time-limited zero-gamerscore achievements. They're good and bad. I like when a game just has one or two challenges that are intended to reward people for being early adopters (i.e. here's a badge showing that you beat the game within the first month of release).

But I HATE!!!!!.. When scummy developers have staggered challenge schedules designed to force someone to keep a game for 6 months. I.E. the jerks at Ubisoft have garbage challenges for Rayman and Assassin's Creed like "Do x task in the second half of March" and "Do x task in the first half of April" and on and on, staggered throughout several months. You could own Assassin's Creed since day one (last November) and Ubisoft expects you to hang onto the game until March for their stupid staggered challenges. Eff that.

I love what games like Titanfall or Tomb Raider or even Trials Fusion have done. Their challenges are all about rewarding early adopters. Each of those games has one simple challenge like "Do x task within first month of release." Simple, an effective motivator, and there is no seedy attempt to get you to keep the game for the rest of your natural life.

Speaking of that, I just took care of the Trials Fusion challenge: "Beat 50% of the game within first month". If you're experienced with past Trials games it should take less than 2 hours.

Now I'll go back to exploring Rapture with dat Bioshock Infinite DLC. *heart* Bioshock.

mstevens

Noob question: Do I need to resubmit my gamer card each month, or am I "in the system" from the first month on.

Anyway.. Here it is just in case.

and I just got:

Platinum #10 inFamous Second Son

I really, really enjoyed this game. This was my first inFamous experience, so it was very fresh to me. My original plan was to play through it once, and then take a break before replaying on expert... but I enjoyed it so much that I jumped right back in after the first play through. Expert actually seemed more difficult at first, but it was a piece of cake once I got video.

Joni

But I HATE!!!!!.. When scummy developers have staggered challenge schedules designed to force someone to keep a game for 6 months. I.E. the jerks at Ubisoft have garbage challenges for Rayman and Assassin's Creed like "Do x task in the second half of March" and "Do x task in the first half of April" and on and on, staggered throughout several months. You could own Assassin's Creed since day one (last November) and Ubisoft expects you to hang onto the game until March for their stupid staggered challenges. Eff that.
Isn't that exactly why Microsoft made the challenge system? To make sure you don't sell your games.

daevv

Got the Platinum in one of my favorite games ever a few days ago. Portal 2. I played it on Xbox when it first came out but only managed to get 895/1000. Hope they make a third one someday.

I'm only 1 trophy away from Platinum in Defiance as well. It's the one when you have to do the daily (worth 10pts) and weekly (worth 50pts) contracts in order to get 600 points in 4 of the contract givers. Two down, two to go.

Carl

I don't have much on my plate at the mo in terms of new games, so busting some backlog and platinuming what i can :)

Got Velocity Ultra, SR4 and Sly 1 (Vita) platinums this month so far.

Ludist210

Sorry for your loss.

Add me whenever you get around to it...no rush. :)

I'll have the Star Ocean: The Last Hope International platinum in three months or less.

Montresor

Isn't that exactly why Microsoft made the challenge system? To make sure you don't sell your games.

There's just something scummy about staggered challenge schedules that Ubisoft seems to love. I'm partial to games like Tomb Raider or Titanfall or Ubisoft's own Trials which just have a single early adopter achievement and leave it at that. Would rather they just use challenges to encourage buying a game early and nothing else.

Anyway, I have found myself buying games early that I otherwise would not have for an early adopter achievement (Tomb Raider, Trials Fusion).... so you could say devs are winning with little benefit to gamers no matter what the challenge. I do really like the idea of an early adopter "badge" though. It seems like it will be fun to look back at the end of this gen and see who beat Gears 4 on insane near launch, for example. I have been more than happy to ignore challenges and just enjoy myself if they seem to tedious or if I just don't feel like starting a game early (i.e. had Ryse early, but did not pursue any of its early adopter challenges, and I have Black Flag, but am not pursuing any of its staggered challenges).

My condolences, Steve.

So a week or so ago I got:

Platinum #148 - Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns
For all the shit the FFXIII games get, they're all pretty fun to me. Story wasn't particularly interesting but then it's been a long time since I've really enjoyed a FF story anyway (XII started off great but turned to shit eventually).

From there I went straight into playing the AC3 and AC4 (PS3) DLC. Anyone up for boosting All for One in AC3 and/or Sacred Land in AC4? They're the only two annoying DLC trophies.

I've also started R&C Nexus.I'm not too far into it but I'm hoping to have it platinumed before the end of Easter weekend.

bunbun777

Next game on the block should be Infamous ss, though I've started playing ff14 and that's sucking up most of my time. Also mercenary kings is fun in small bursts even though the hiccups get on my nerves a little.

Nuke Soda

Next game on the block should be Infamous ss, though I've started playing ff14 and that's sucking up most of my time. Also mercenary kings is fun in small bursts even though the hiccups get on my nerves a little.

Oh good I'm not the only one Kings does this too.

On a side note I finally reached 50,000 gamerscore on my 360. Only took me 6 years lol.

Montresor

Bioshock Infinite: should I start on 1999 mode or do a second playthrough?

I highly recommend you play on Medium first and then do 1999 mode on a second playthrough. Play a relaxing first playthrough, enjoy the sights, atmosphere, story, dialogue, audio diaries, characters, gun play, vigours (super powers), etc... Then when you feel like you've mastered the game's mechanics and know which gears (equippable items that affect your stats/abilities in positive ways) are best, then try for 1999 again. I found even hard was too difficult for me when I first started playing. I did medium first, and once I knew how the game worked, I breezed through 1999 mode.

Then again I'm less skilled than most FPS players so maybe try 1999 mode first, and if you feel that's too difficult, lower the difficulty on the fly until you find what's right for you and then commit to a second playthrough.

daevv

Anyone remember X-Men Destiny and what characters/powers you used to make the X-treme difficulty a little easier, specifically the last boss? I've re-bought the game but want to choose better skills in my easy playthrough before using the trick to only replay the last level on X-treme. Back in 2012 a friend lent me the game for a few days to get the plat before he traded it in. I managed to get all the trophies but choose poorly in my abilities and was useless in trying to beat the last boss. I gave it back 2 trophies shy of the plat. I've picked it up again for cheap it in hopes of getting the last two trophies.

Montresor

Okay I am finally going to be done with Rayman Legends.

Right now I have 27 diamonds (50 points ea.), 324 golds (10 points ea.), 233 silvers (5 points ea.), and 227 bronzes (1 point ea.), for a total of 5982 points.

I just hit two comfortable gold scores on today's two daily challenges. That should bring me to 6000 points and finally give me 1000/1000 gs. Woo!

I don't think Ill play the again now. Even the rest of the remaining time limited zero gamerscore achievements are guaranteed to be broken (only two more left, and both are related to paintings, and every single time limited zero gamerscore achievement related to paintings has been glitched so far). That means there's nothing to pull me back in. Feels good.

Atolm

Got Atelier Ayesha's plat a few days ago. Now, I think I'll disappear for a month, I just bought FFXIV PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom