• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies |OT| Because you have nothing better to do

netguy503

I've been playing Ride to Hell: Retribution off and on during the week, and it has got to be one of the worst games I've ever played. The platinum is pretty easy so I might as well go for it, but I can't stress how terrible this game is.

@Returners, sorry we never played CoD last week. I feel bad because I keep saying we're going to do it and then I never message you. We'll get to it eventually...

I thought Ride to Hell was a Xbox only game and or/ came out before Playstation trophies. Yea, I'd never play that game. I always remember the AngryJoe review (which is funny as hell).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
@Returners, sorry we never played CoD last week. I feel bad because I keep saying we're going to do it and then I never message you. We'll get to it eventually...

Are you guys going by any chance for the flip flop trophy? Because i need help with that.

I platinumed that game. I stopped at the crappy dlcs.

God i don't envy you since Mafia 2 is full of annoying trophies, so fucking annoying and boring.

Returners

Those who don't have it should get together, unfortunately i don't have a mic except for the one it came with the PS4.

There's a easy method of getting flip flop. Use Heavy and leave one guy left. Charge up your Goliath(?), start of new round summon it and kill as many as possible.

Rinse and repeat. Though I have to say it's very boring and time consuming.

The DLC is Zombies basically, which has no flipping of rounds. (at least not 25 afaik)

Just_one

Platinum #51

The Binding Of Issac

my wife did most of the game , like i said in the OT i even started liking the game only after watching her play (she´s so damn good at it , its unreal) but this game ends up personifying when sometimes getting trophies is so satisfying.

The moment we ended some challenge or when we got dead boy the feeling of hell yeah we did it!!!" was so great.

Returners

Did all I can do for Homefront.

Took 3 hours to get the last trophy in Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified. Pure as driven snow. Actually challenge of skill vs. the double kill.

Anyone delete their 0% lists?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
There's a easy method of getting flip flop. Use Heavy and leave one guy left. Charge up your Goliath(?), start of new round summon it and kill as many as possible.

Rinse and repeat. Though I have to say it's very boring and time consuming.

The DLC is Zombies basically, which has no flipping of rounds. (at least not 25 afaik)

Interesting i might try that even tough it seems slow as fuck. Too bad bloodborne is taking all my time right now but i should squeeze AW somewhere. Thanks dude

daevv

Feels good to delete those 20+ zero percent games I had. Also feels good sorting by most recent. Auto picture is cool too.

mstevens

Damn. Just beat Stick of Truth and was going for the platinum. Just did some research and found out I somehow missed one of the missable items from Day 1. Gonna have to replay the whole thing.

Joni

100% - Texas Cheat'em: Got out my old PlayStation 3 to boost the 5 PvP cheats. Couldn't get enough AI to attack me. It also allowed me to quickly boost the Streets of Rage 2 multiplayer trophies that I had been putting off for a while.

LakeEarth

Damn. Just beat Stick of Truth and was going for the platinum. Just did some research and found out I somehow missed one of the missable items from Day 1. Gonna have to replay the whole thing.

It's a tough choice when playing it for the first time. Play it without a guide and miss stuff, or use a guide and spoil all the awesome humor. I was reading up on the missables in the game, spoiled something that sounded awesome and stopped reading right there. I'll just wait until the replay.

Was able to plat Rogue Legacy yesterday. I just couldn't put the game down. There were some tough trophies, but the Thanatophobia trophy isn't as bad as it sounds (beat the game only dying 15 times). If you are able to beat the remix bosses, you can (carefully) beat the game with less than 10 deaths.

JSoup

Banned
It also allowed me to quickly boost the Streets of Rage 2 multiplayer trophies that I had been putting off for a while.

Found people to work with or some other trick? I need to do those too.

Same, but I was lucky enough to have a save in the area where the item I missed is. Still in the early stages of the game, but it'll save me a few hours on replay.

Tapejara

Close to the platinum in the PS4 and Vita versions of Minecraft. Still need to finish off the trophies for Instant Artist and SpongeBob HeroPants, but I don't want to deal with the tedium.

I've also been messing around in a couple of older games; forgot how much I loved The Saboteur. That platinum is going to be a grind though due to all of the ambient freeplay trophies.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
00l5ual.png

Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late, fantastic fighting game. I would have never thought I would spend more time playing this than Guilty Gear Xrd. I am really looking forward to a sequel. We need more non-air dasher anime fighters.

Joni

Platinum #109. Heavy Fire Afghanistan. Bringing back the time of awful rail shooters, hands got really cramped for playing this.

Just_one

Platinum #52 - Watch Dogs

Had serious doubts about this game (since so many people shit on it) but ended up loving it , great diversity in side quest , story is very good and on PS4 the graphics are great so no complains here :)

Only bad thing to say is doing 40 mercenary missions , should be a bit less ohh and the infamous drinking game (button mash as easy but the analog ones were a pain in the ass , luckly my wife helped me with it , one stick each and its super easy)

Stanng243

I'm trying to get 4 platinums in April to hit 75. I've got 2 already, so I'm doing pretty well. Some of these JRPGs require a long time commitment.

Edit: Got 5 platinums in April so far. So I've met my goal.

Tapejara

Holy crap, the "They Look Like Ants" trophy in Ghosts is frustrating me to no end. There's always at least one straggler left before the mission checkpoints and I have to restart from the beginning.

LordofPwn

Just got my 16th platinum the other day for Borderlands 2. Getting pretty close to getting Driveclub's plat, along with Diablo after some grinding.

and then its on to finishing up some stubborn ones:

Resistance 2, need to unlock superhuman
Jak II, need to get all of those damn precursor orbs.
Couple Ratchet games i haven't quite finished. No idea how i'm going to plat Full Frontal Assault tho. doubt there's anyone still on the servers.
Saints row 3

Returners

Holy crap, the "They Look Like Ants" trophy in Ghosts is frustrating me to no end. There's always at least one straggler left before the mission checkpoints and I have to restart from the beginning.

Yeah I try to not hit them anywhere close to friendlies. And yeah, restarting the entire level doesn't help it either.

Joni

PSN 100%. Another five games to be deleted, I can deceive myself and think I can keep this up.
Sam & Max - Beyond Time & Space: Episode 5 - What's New, Beelzebub?
Sam & Max - Beyond Time & Space: Episode 4 - Chariots of the Dogs
Sam & Max - Beyond Time & Space: Episode 3 - Night of the Raving Dead
Sam & Max - Beyond Time & Space: Episode 2 - Moai Better Blues
Sam & Max - Beyond Time & Space: Episode 1 - Ice Station Santa

PSN 100%. Tennis in the Face. Fun little game, I just noticed it is not a shared list so I can replay it on PS4 if I want. Just too bad I bought it in the US and you can't have two accounts on Vita.

Jak II, need to get all of those damn precursor orbs.
There is a good glitch for those.

Joni

PSN 100%: MonsterBag. Another short one in the bag. Couple of tricky levels, well one tricky level, but overal quite easy. Can be done quite quickly.

Stanng243

I'm beating a dying horse this month. Going to platinum the 3 wonderbook games I haven't already yet. Maybe I'll even bust out my udraw.

Tapejara

And Call of Duty: Ghosts is platinum #34.

I've got a few more easy plats to mop up (SpongeBob HeroPants, Instant Artist), so hopefully I'll manage to get somewhat close to 40 plats by the end of April.

I'm beating a dying horse this month. Going to platinum the 3 wonderbook games I haven't already yet. Maybe I'll even bust out my udraw.

Heads up, the Instant Artist platinum is unachievable unless you got the "Picture This!" trophy before the server shutdown.

Stanng243

And Call of Duty: Ghosts is platinum #34.

I've got a few more easy plats to mop up (SpongeBob HeroPants, Instant Artist), so hopefully I'll manage to get somewhat close to 40 plats by the end of April.

Heads up, the Instant Artist platinum is unachievable unless you got the "Picture This!" trophy before the server shutdown.

Thankfully, I just checked and I do have Picture this already.

Joni

PSN 100% - Titan Attacks. Fun spin on Space Invaders, just had to get the right upgrades and it was an easy finish, outside of a bit of farming for Alien Autopsy. On to the next game.

Took all of 10 minutes to 100% Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.
Your post reminded me I still need to finish that 'game'.

Montresor

Anyone here play Forza Horizon 2 on XB1? I need a partner for the co-op Bucket List challenges (both for the main challenges and the DLC challenges).

Returners

FYI: MKX's 200 online battles can be done with Tower Battles.

These are competitive against other players, but you're fighting CPU characters to see who gets the highest score. Each of these matches count as a online match.

Siegmeyer

Anyone able to help me get one of the co-op trophies on Far Cry 4? (PS4)

I just need the one where you do a vehicle takedown from the passenger seat, shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Any help much appreciated.

JSoup

Banned
And LEGO Batman 3 plat get.
So many goddamn races.
Really hoping LEGO Jurassic Park goes easy on them.

Top Bottom