• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies |OT| Because you have nothing better to do

Nintendad

Platinum #9 | Megamind

Platinum #10 | Pixar Up

I got the Wonderbook Book of Spells for $19.99. Came with Move controller, camera and game. There's a guide to get the Platinum in that game in under 2 hours.

Joni

Platinum #9 | Megamind

Platinum #10 | Pixar Up

I got the Wonderbook Book of Spells for $19.99. Came with Move controller, camera and game. There's a guide to get the Platinum in that game in under 2 hours.

It is if I remember it correctly impossible to finish the game in more than 2 hours. The game just is that short.

Montresor

On Evil Within XB1 I have 1153 kills but I don't have the One Man Army achievement (for killing 400 enemies). I have the challenge for killing 1000 enemies, and I have the achievement for killing 200 enemies. But nothing for killing 400 enemies.

I've posted on the Neogaf OT, on xboxachievements.com, on the TrueAchievements thread specific for this achievement, and I've tweeted BethesdaSoftworks. I really hope someone has some kind of solution.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
On Evil Within XB1 I have 1153 kills but I don't have the One Man Army achievement (for killing 400 enemies). I have the challenge for killing 1000 enemies, and I have the achievement for killing 200 enemies. But nothing for killing 400 enemies.

I've posted on the Neogaf OT, on xboxachievements.com, on the TrueAchievements thread specific for this achievement, and I've tweeted BethesdaSoftworks. I really hope someone has some kind of solution.

Weird maybe your save file got bugged or maybe some kills don't got registered. Maybe keep more killing enemies until it unlocks? Worth a shot.
Also i have been trying to platinum Hitman 2 HD but man does that suck, that game hasn't aged very well.

On ps4, the trophy where you have to get 5 stealth kills in a row just wouldn't pop. What I did was backed up my save files, then delete them from the system, started a new game, got 5 stealth kills in a row. Trophy pops. Than delete that save and put my original saves back on the system.

I would try that. Start a new game/save and get 200 kills.

Montresor

Weird maybe your save file got bugged or maybe some kills don't got registered. Maybe keep more killing enemies until it unlocks? Worth a shot.
Also i have been trying to platinum Hitman 2 HD but man does that suck, that game hasn't aged very well.

On ps4, the trophy where you have to get 5 stealth kills in a row just wouldn't pop. What I did was backed up my save files, then delete them from the system, started a new game, got 5 stealth kills in a row. Trophy pops. Than delete that save and put my original saves back on the system.

I would try that. Start a new game/save and get 200 kills.

Thanks guys. I'm doing a mop-up playthrough on New Game+ Casual to get miscellaneous achievements and all collectibles/upgrades. So far I think I have lucked out as I was able to get the Full House achievement (kill 5 enemies with each Agony Bolt type) in Chapter 3 and I heard that achievement was buggy. Hopefully the 400-kill achievement corrects itself. I don't have the heart to start on a brand new save file to go for another 400 kills. Right now I am on casual and ridiculously overpowered with high health, high stamina, and lots of ammo and powerful weapons, and I don't want to revert back to start-of-game strength.

I have two questions unrelated to the 400-kill achievement:

1) Do I have to upgrade all the agony bow types (explosive, freeze, etc...) for any achievement?

2) Will I collect enough green gel in my New Game+ Casual playthrough to fully upgrade my abilities/stock/weapons? I have this bad feeling that I will end up still missing upgrades by the time I finish my mop-up.

Thanks guys. I'm doing a mop-up playthrough on New Game+ Casual to get miscellaneous achievements and all collectibles/upgrades. So far I think I have lucked out as I was able to get the Full House achievement (kill 5 enemies with each Agony Bolt type) in Chapter 3 and I heard that achievement was buggy. Hopefully the 400-kill achievement corrects itself. I don't have the heart to start on a brand new save file to go for another 400 kills. Right now I am on casual and ridiculously overpowered with high health, high stamina, and lots of ammo and powerful weapons, and I don't want to revert back to start-of-game strength.

I have two questions unrelated to the 400-kill achievement:

1) Do I have to upgrade all the agony bow types (explosive, freeze, etc...) for any achievement?

2) Will I collect enough green gel in my New Game+ Casual playthrough to fully upgrade my abilities/stock/weapons? I have this bad feeling that I will end up still missing upgrades by the time I finish my mop-up.
There's an achievement for completely upgrading Sebastian so you might have to upgrade all the bolts. I think you should get enough gel on your second playthrough especially if you get all the locker keys.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Platinum #8: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

This game has aged poorly and having to do a hardest difficulty run only reinforced my opinion. I specially like the fact that even tough you are the ultimate assassin there are missions where you start without a gun, fuck that final mission seriously.

Also happy christmas

daevv

Finished up Far Cry 4 and was able to trade it locally for Shadows of Mordor the very next day. Not sure what to play next. I started Far Cry Classic but I also got Wolf Among Us and Lego Hobbit for PS4 today for cheap. Also need the 100 days trophy in Minecraft PS4. Wife likes watching detective/mystery games and is off work till Jan 5th so It maybe Wolf or I might use some X-Mas gift cards to find a copy of Sherlock Holmes PS4 tomorrow.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up Far Cry 4 and was able to trade it locally for Shadows of Mordor the very next day. Not sure what to play next. I started Far Cry Classic but I also got Wolf Among Us and Lego Hobbit for PS4 today for cheap. Also need the 100 days trophy in Minecraft PS4. Wife likes watching detective/mystery games and is off work till Jan 5th so It maybe Wolf or I might use some X-Mas gift cards to find a copy of Sherlock Holmes PS4 tomorrow.

Umm have you considered the Phoenix wright games by any chance? You do detective stuff in in. Probably not the easiest game to watch on a screen tough

Montresor

Umm have you considered the Phoenix wright games by any chance? You do detective stuff in in. Probably not the easiest game to watch on a screen tough

She would probably love playing the Phoenix Wright games - might be a good way to get her into gaming.

Wolf Among Us is a fantastic game with a great story and you happen to play as a detective - though be warned that it's a TellTale game so it's mostly a visual novel, as all TellTale games are these days.

Hey everyone. I need help getting the Into Fire (Relieve a Blaze of its rod) trophy in Minecraft, as my friend destroyed all the spawners in (what seems to be) the only Nether Fortress I have.

I recently joined MetaGamerScore and thought I'd join GAF's official crew. I'm not necessarily a trophy hunter but I'd like to participate anyway. Mind if I join?

Thanks!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I recently joined MetaGamerScore and thought I'd join GAF's official crew. I'm not necessarily a trophy hunter but I'd like to participate anyway. Mind if I join?

Thanks!

Yeah join dude, the more the merrier. Also i just bought BF4 for PS4 so i'll platinum that next, it's really easy since the multiplayer trophies carry over from the PS3 version.

Montresor

I'm almost done with the base game of The Evil Within. I won't have 1000/1000 but I'm going for 770/1000. I just need to get one last newspaper in Chapter 13 (for the all collectibles achievement), and then cycle down to Chapter 3 to get the Silent Kill achievement (sneak kill 5 enemies in a row without being detected).

I decided I won't go for: Nightmare Mode, Akumu Mode, No Green Gel Run, Sub-5-Hour Run, and Locker Keys.

The game is easily #3 in my GOTY list. I really enjoyed the game, but it pretty much breaks down in New Game+ on Casual. When you are overpowered with tons of ammunition, the game isn't so balanced and terrifying anymore. My fresh run on Survivor was incredible: terrifying, tightly designed, well-balanced. I was always anxious, always debating the best way to proceed, always weighing the pros and cons of performing risky actions (should I try to defuse that bomb trap? should I spend ammunition or run? should I burn the enemy or melee him?).

Also joined metagamerscore, looks cool.

I did some digging in previous threads and found this.

Quote this post or my post and you should see the password.

Thank you very much.

Still waiting for a response to this, so I might as well just ask if you're the same Lord of Castamere I'm seeing on that website. If you look at your "Firsts", specifically for Dragon Age: Inquisition, you'll see that we're usually on the same list. LOL

Yeah that's me. I just set up and scanned everything yesterday.

I'm trying to get some trophies in Need for Speed: Most Wanted for the PS Vita, and one of them is for having 5 friends who've also played it.

So if anyone wants to help me get it/needs help getting it.

Add me!

PSN ID: Raven-Valor95

I'm trying to get some trophies in Need for Speed: Most Wanted for the PS Vita, and one of them is for having 5 friends who've also played it.

So if anyone wants to help me get it/needs help getting it.

Add me!

PSN ID: Raven-Valor95

I've got the game, so can I help you out just by playing the game for a couple of minutes?

Anyway, I just platted Transistor earlier today. I can't believe the luck I had doing Performance Test 7. I mean, I had the absolute worst luck when it came to the random functions I was given and every time I finally managed to get the functions I wanted, I'd lose them a round or two later, but I managed to squeak through the last three rounds somehow with a pretty poor function anyway (it was something like Bounce (Bounce + something else)). Fun game and it takes some thought coming up with the right functions but I'm so glad I'm finished with those horrible tests.

drew713

Platinum #11 - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Another pretty easy platinum. Game is average. I had fun with it but if there is a sequel there is a lot they could improve.

I'm thinking about going after the Grand theft auto V platinum next, but heard there are several glitched trophies.

SxP

I'm thinking about going after the Grand theft auto V platinum next, but heard there are several glitched trophies.

Yeah, I would think twice before going for that Platinum. So far, three trophies have glitched for me: The Altruist Cult trophy, the Rampage trophy, and the Bail Bonds trophy. The Altruist Cult and Bail Bonds trophies I eventually got by fulfilling the requirements another time, but that's impossible for the Rampage trophy.

So if you do decide to go for it, you should have A LOT of saves to roll back to.

bunbun777

Purchased walking dead season two for 6.25, then since it wanted to import my save from season 1 (only played that on ps3) decided to double dip and play that again first. Haven't got a boost to my trophies like this for a while...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Purchased walking dead season two for 6.25, then since it wanted to import my save from season 1 (only played that on ps3) decided to double dip and play that again first. Haven't got a boost to my trophies like this for a while...

No platinum tough. I was gonna buy the second season then i remembered i don't want to play more than 5 bucks for it.

mstevens

Platinum #27 -Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

Pretty easy platinum. Not sure what is next on my list.. I'm going to play Dragon Age but I don't think I want to deal with Nightmare.

Edit: By the way... A man who never eats pork bun, is never a whole man.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I never cared much for trophies, but for I game that I liked as much as P4AU I just had to go for it. 1st plat ever!

sFakuJz.png

Towards the end it was a humongous grind but I'm pretty pleased with myself. I am finally decent at fighting games! :D

Platinum #28 Wolfenstein: The New Order

Nice fun easy plat. A really enjoyable experience. The bosses were a little underwhelming though.

Next up Watch Dogs or The Evil Within. I'm kinda debating which will be harder; the mutiplayer trophies in WD, or the one hit death mode in TEW.

Platinum's #28 / 1000 GS's #33 - Total 61

AKUMU mode is 20 times harder than the Watch Dogs MP trophies IMO!

I meant that more as connection difficulty not straight difficulty. This far from release I'm not sure how difficult it'll be to find people to play with, who will stay, and be bad enough to actually beat... 20 times.

Matush

Yeah, I would think twice before going for that Platinum. So far, three trophies have glitched for me: The Altruist Cult trophy, the Rampage trophy, and the Bail Bonds trophy. The Altruist Cult and Bail Bonds trophies I eventually got by fulfilling the requirements another time, but that's impossible for the Rampage trophy.

So if you do decide to go for it, you should have A LOT of saves to roll back to.
Yup. Many GTA V trophies are glitched on PS4, but I managed to unlock most of them by playing offline and repeating the mission/activity. Every glitched trophy popped right after.

Got Platinum #6 and #2 of this year!
Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Really fun game and a super simple platinum to get, I imagine if you just played through the story, you'd get the majority of the trophies without even realising it.

Platinum #9 Infamous First Light

Had a lot of fun with it, Such a shame to be done with it though. Oh well.
Congratulations dude, I'm planning on joining the inFamous First Light Platinum club soon as well, but for now I'll have to settle with the inFamous 2 platinum I just got after a ton of XP grinding.

the infamous games are great! <3

Top Bottom