• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Achievement & Trophy Thread | May 2015 - A New hOPe

I put my other games on pause to do it, but I got the Second Son plat today! With that and the First Light plat from earlier in the month, this makes my first two plat month. They're easy plats, I know, but still neat!

I feel pretty good about making it into the top 50 for April, especially since I couldn't play as much as I would have wanted to accommodate my finals. Hoping to see an even better score this time.

PSN Profiles is down today, but I managed to unlock my 12th Plat; The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on PS4. Real let down of a game, I thought the first one was a great foundation to build something out of, and there's a lot of stuff in this one that could have made for one of the best Spider-Man games ever made, and it just feels undercooked and all falls flat. Only took me about 5 hours to replay the game on Super Hero difficulty for that last trophy though.

Thinking I'll go for Ether One next, but I've been hearing from a lot of people that it's pretty broken and the trophies don't pop like they should all the time, so maybe it'd be smarter to work on something else in the meantime.

Patch 1.02 seemed to fix most of the bugs, so if you don't have that then I'd hold off from playing Ether One for now. If you do then you should be good. I'm halfway through the game and haven't run into any bugs so far.

Sora_N

I feel pretty good about making it into the top 50 for April, especially since I couldn't play as much as I would have wanted to accommodate my finals. Hoping to see an even better score this time.

PSN Profiles is down today, but I managed to unlock my 12th Plat; The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on PS4. Real let down of a game, I thought the first one was a great foundation to build something out of, and there's a lot of stuff in this one that could have made for one of the best Spider-Man games ever made, and it just feels undercooked and all falls flat. Only took me about 5 hours to replay the game on Super Hero difficulty for that last trophy though.

Thinking I'll go for Ether One next, but I've been hearing from a lot of people that it's pretty broken and the trophies don't pop like they should all the time, so maybe it'd be smarter to work on something else in the meantime.

I don't even know how I finished the first one on Vita, everything looked so damn ugly. The game was alright somehow, but I could not say it was 'good'.

Don't want the second game at all :/

Drayco21

I don't even know how I finished the first one on Vita, everything looked so damn ugly. The game was alright somehow, but I could not say it was 'good'.

Don't want the second game at all :/

It seems like I'm one of the few that really loved the first, but man did the Vita port look bad. Still can't believe it even got made, considering it came out like a solid year after the other versions. And even with how much I liked the first, I still don't think I could recommend the second to anyone not desperate for a Spider-Man game fix.

Patch 1.02 seemed to fix most of the bugs, so if you don't have that then I'd hold off from playing Ether One for now. If you do then you should be good. I'm halfway through the game and haven't run into any bugs so far.

Glad to hear it! I believe I'm on the latest patch, so I should be good to go there.

Sora_N

It seems like I'm one of the few that really loved the first, but man did the Vita port look bad. Still can't believe it even got made, considering it came out like a solid year after the other versions. And even with how much I liked the first, I still don't think I could recommend the second to anyone not desperate for a Spider-Man game fix.

Glad to hear it! I believe I'm on the latest patch, so I should be good to go there.

The game played fine though, like completely. I think they cut some post-game stuff but man I was surprised I actually had no trouble playing it. It just looked really ugly lol.

I have Ultimate Spidey backlogged for years, and I got Web of Shadows last year...no desperation yet since I haven't finished those two.

Just platted shovel knight. Pretty happy about that one. Hard game but really fun. Enjoyed my time with it. Still slowly working on the mortal kombat plat. 1 trophy away from the hell divers plat and fairly close on the resident evil remake plat.

Working on cleaning up before I dedicate all my time to bloodborne and Witcher.

Footos22

3 short levels to do in shovel knight i have 40 minsto do them then ill have the plat.
Enjoyed that found it quite easy though.

People saying its hard should try gettign 1000/1000 in volgarr.

volgarr makes shovel knight look ridiculously easy.

TURBO1112

turbo1112.png

Midn1ght

1 trophy to go on Driveclub to get my first Plat on PS4. Will try to work on the Infamous one and continue playing Sleeping Dogs but Race the Sun is eating a lot of my play time, so addictive...

thenexus6

Just beat the final mission on Uber and got the trophy for completing the whole campaign in the Old Blood. Don't devs even check this stuff anymore?

Joni

Race the Sun is eating a lot of my play time, so addictive...
How far have you gotten? I can't get past 1,5 million for the moment.

Could somebody explain to me the YTD or what numbers even mean, kind of a bit lost.
It is the amount of Trophies you have earned converted to points using the system that Sony uses to determine your level. For instance a bronze trophy is 15 points and a silver one 30. It means you need twice as much bronze Trophies to reach a level as you would need if you earned only silver trophies. The YTD is that number since the beginning of the year.

Just beat the final mission on Uber and got the trophy for completing the whole campaign in the Old Blood. Don't devs even check this stuff anymore?
I like that they don't check it. Positive glitches at least don't stop you from earning Trophies.

SxP

What is even more egregious is that this same thing happened with The New Order and then they patched it eventually. Only to forget about it again when developing The Old Blood.

It is the amount of Trophies you have earned converted to points using the system that Sony uses to determine your level. For instance a bronze trophy is 15 points and a silver one 30. It means you need twice as much bronze Trophies to reach a level as you would need if you earned only silver trophies. The YTD is that number since the beginning of the year.

Thanks.

Finished off two games this weekend - Jurassic Park and Back to the Future. I acquired a lot of trophies and BttF in particular gave up a lot of silvers and golds. Definitely should help my ranking for this month.

Back to the Future was a great game, and I think it's right up there with The Walking Dead as far as Telltale's catalogue goes. Jurassic Park isn't even close; Technical problems don't normally bother me but this was so choppy it got me killed more times than I could count.

Anyone here with experience getting Velocity 2X's plat? Working through it right now. Super hard in some spots but really rewarding.

Just keep working. Shave those times. The only advice I could give is teleport while on foot for extra speed and shoot everything. Nothing worse than being under par with no deaths but you forgot to shoot a single glass edge.

Good luck with the two
asynchronous
missions.

Stanng243

Finished off two games this weekend - Jurassic Park and Back to the Future. I acquired a lot of trophies and BttF in particular gave up a lot of silvers and golds. Definitely should help my ranking for this month.

Back to the Future was a great game, and I think it's right up there with The Walking Dead as far as Telltale's catalogue goes. Jurassic Park isn't even close; Technical problems don't normally bother me but this was so choppy it got me killed more times than I could cont.

I hated the back to the future game. I thought it was awful. Didn't stop me from getting all the trophies, but it was an awful game.

I hated the back to the future game. I thought it was awful. Didn't stop me from getting all the trophies, but it was an awful game.

Any particular reason why? I really enjoyed it, but I'm also not very familiar with adventure games. I think the Telltale ones are the only ones I've ever actually played.

TMC

Back to the Future was a great game, and I think it's right up there with The Walking Dead as far as Telltale's catalogue goes. Jurassic Park isn't even close; Technical problems don't normally bother me but this was so choppy it got me killed more times than I could count.

What a coincidence. I actually finished up the BttF games a week or two ago as well. I only had episode 1 and 2 on my trophy list and wanted to finish it up. Also cleaned up the newest set of DriveClub DLC. This month inspired me to clean up for next month! This month was pretty awful for me.

Stanng243

Any particular reason why? I really enjoyed it, but I'm also not very familiar with adventure games. I think the Telltale ones are the only ones I've ever actually played.

I seem to remember not liking the controls. I do remember having a strong hated of the game. I tried the demo first, and it was so cliche i hated it.

Edit: Don't forget, if you hate yourself enough to play it twice, the disc based version has a platinum trophy. Did i mention i really hated this game?

graffix13

Started Sonic's Ultimate Collection (PS3) this weekend. I can't believe it's taken me this long to play this. I had a Genesis growing up (briefly, I was mostly a SNES guy) but I missed out on a lot of these titles back in the '90s.

I wanted to get that 'Yatta' trophy out of the way early. It took me about 20 minutes but I finally got it. Honestly it was based on luck (for me at least).

LordofPwn

I'm ready for the witcher 3. my trophy score will plummet for the next couple of months while i work on it. although i do have new driveclub trophies to earn.

Joni

What is even more egregious is that this same thing happened with The New Order and then they patched it eventually. Only to forget about it again when developing The Old Blood.
Really? Oh damn, I think I finished that game completely on Uber.

Number 7 last month? Yooooo.

Played a ton of stuff for the past two weeks, but I start work again tomorrow so I'll only be playing Witcher 3 for a while, I think.

Mullet2000.png

Apdiddy

Platinum'ed Uncharted: Golden Abyss over the weekend.

But dear God am I ready to break my controller and/or my disc in half for GOW Chains of Olympus HD.
Freakin' Challenge #2 against the fire blades, must be completed without taking a hit.

Drayco21

Platinum'ed Uncharted: Golden Abyss over the weekend.

But dear God am I ready to break my controller and/or my disc in half for GOW Chains of Olympus HD.
Freakin' Challenge #2 against the fire blades, must be completed without taking a hit.

I always found
spamming the Gauntlet of Zeus AoE to be pretty effective. Just jumping and rolling around to clump them together and then go to town. Takes a few times to get the rhythm going, but once you do it should feel pretty natural.

Just keep working. Shave those times. The only advice I could give is teleport while on foot for extra speed and shoot everything. Nothing worse than being under par with no deaths but you forgot to shoot a single glass edge.

Good luck with the two
asynchronous
missions.
Alright, thanks! I got 19 or so perfects this afternoon, so I'm off to a pretty decent start. Long way to go though with these later missions!

Tapejara

Got the Minecraft trophy thanks to a cool guy on PSNProfiles that helped me get both End trophies.

Don't know what I'm going to work on next. I have a lot of games in the trophy backlog. Thinking maybe Wolfenstein: The New Order, as I haven beat it yet and it's an easy plat.

Drayco21

Plat #13: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

c4reGdd.png

I was expecting more trouble when I was first looking at this list, but it really boiled down to a fun couple of days of manipulating the Nemesis System in some really fun ways. Great trophy list for a great game.

Footos22

Platinum 137: Shovel Knight..

Pretty straightforward, Excellent game though. 3 playthoughs. back to back,

Got the no death, no pit falls, no relics and finish under 1hr 30 in the same playthough.
Finished at 1:18, upgraded to the silver armor and had upgraded health to 8. so probably could of shaved that time down a ton.

Sadly I haven't been getting a ton of trophies lately since it's exam season however managed to get the Advanced Warfare platinum and should have Grim Fandango by the end of the month. Also, just hit 60 plats!
Congrats! :)
Plat #13: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

c4reGdd.png

I was expecting more trouble when I was first looking at this list, but it really boiled down to a fun couple of days of manipulating the Nemesis System in some really fun ways. Great trophy list for a great game.
Working on this one as well! The one that's currently causing me a PITA is the feast one. I can't seem to get one to spawn!

Tapejara

Probably a long shot, but:

Does anyone here have Spelunker HD? I've been trying to complete the co-op levels with another person for a while now, but we need a third player to get all of the picture pieces. I set up a session on PSNProfiles a week or so back, but no one's joined. This is for the NA/EU version.

So yeah, if anyone's looking to finish the co-op trophies, let me know.

alexein

i just started samurai warriors 4 despite having it since its release in september or october.
And man i got 3 trophies during my first mission and 7 at the result screen. i even wondered if it wasnt bugged.
I got 17% but the rest will be a lot longer ;) lol

I got the borderlands plat last month and i'm working on borderlands 2 on ps3 if someone wants to play add me alexein88

SnowHawk

Went back and got the Star Wars Force Unleashed platinum. I just need one more trophy for the MLB 15 platinum, I've also nearly got the Xenoverse platinum.

Coxy

went back and got the far cry 3 platinum since I heard the onlien pass was free now

100% on Child of Light
they did well to ape Grandia's combat but it was a pretty shallow clone of it, script and story were painfully twee

Storm360

40th plat... Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD.

Super easy plat... considering I couldn't even do a special trick when I started playing yesterday

kevin1025

Banned
I'll probably end up with 100 trophies this month, give or take. Still have Battlefield: Hardline to complete (not the Platinum, just in general), and then I'll try to 100% The Swapper. Then it's Witcher 3 time, which means all other games come to a close for a while.

Top Bottom