• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | December 2015 - 100ft Robot Trophy Hunting

NewDust

First of all, I really like what you guys are doing and apreciate all the effort that is going in to the automatization of a monthly leaderboard. I'll probable return here more often when community participation stays up, wether thats monthly or in community.

In trophy related news... I hit the 6000 trophy mark this week (with the latest Driveclub dlc from the now defunct Evolution Studios, which seems fitting). Expect march to be a doozie for me, but april should be going way up.

Sorry guys not going to lie, I just grabbed the pre-existing lists in the first couple I posts without trawling the threads for additions...

Additions can be Phase 2... ;) might look to comb the threads over Easter.

Ah it's fine, guess i'll have to wait a little longer to join in on the fun.

eloxx

Has anyone done the Megamind trophies? I need me some easy platinums, I've been slacking lately.

yep. easy and also fun platinum. 2-3 hours if i recall correctly. also ALBEDO on ps4. another 2-3 hour plat. same goes for Hitman:GO. the latter is a bit of a hassle because the fastest way is to play with a guide. i ended up only looking at my tablet and watching out for sound cues ;)

JSoup

Banned
The monthly topics only restarted in March 2015, so that is 5 months without competition.

I still don't see how that's the community topics fault. These months topics rarely break two pages of posts (set at 50 post per page, my default setting) and it's normally the same five people. This topic is the exception because it's been around for a while, which by the way proves that one long term topic will work, and all the complaining about there being no monthly topics.

If the community thread was/is failing, it's the fault of the regulars who refuse to post. And the fact that our regular posters pool is pretty small.

netguy503

yep. easy and also fun platinum. 2-3 hours if i recall correctly. also ALBEDO on ps4. another 2-3 hour plat. same goes for Hitman:GO. the latter is a bit of a hassle because the fastest way is to play with a guide. i ended up only looking at my tablet and watching out for sound cues ;)

Albedo is $15 though or I would get it too. If we are going for $15 easy plats Heroes Reborn can be done in 3 hrs and I got it for $11 back when the 20% off your entire cart codes were still active. Would of got Albedo too if it fell in that time window. The trophy images look cool.

Joni

I still don't see how that's the community topics fault. These months topics rarely break two pages of posts (set at 50 post per page, my default setting) and it's normally the same five people. This topic is the exception because it's been around for a while, which by the way proves that one long term topic will work, and all the complaining about there being no monthly topics.

If the community thread was/is failing, it's the fault of the regulars who refuse to post. And the fact that our regular posters pool is pretty small.

And that people are just less likely to fall on the Community topics by accident, although the missing of monthly results probably did play a role there.

Footos22

Salt and sanctuary plat. Excellent game and trophy list is a doozie with only a couple of missables. But you have to do 2 playthrough anyway unless you cloud save cheat

oggob

Currently working on 3 games at the moment...

• NeoGAF Thread Search (99% Complete)
  • PSN Profile Viewer (Ongoing, though I believe completing this is unachievable)
  • Microsoft Excel

Recent unlocks are...
Bronze Trophy Achieved : Found a handful of inactive accounts
Silver Trophy Achieved : Combed previous threads for missing PSN Profiles... another 42 Profiles! lol
Gold Trophy Achieved : Found at least 90% of related GAF accounts to PSN Profiles
Platinum Trophy Achieved : Have succeeded in making a new table in the prototype phase...

Working on...
Adding in new PSN Proflies
Removing inactive profiles
Mass Production of new table
Menu Structure and GAF UI
R&D continuing on local workbooks to continue to both simplify and complicate the fuck out of the workbook and myself!
Just more stuff...

The Backlog...
Consists of something that is called a "PlayStation"... Yeah, I am struggling to understand what that is also! :)

Joni

How long would you say that took you?

4,5 hours between the first and the last Trophy, including a long break of at least 1,5 hour and never bothering to skip dialog. (You can 'skip' dialog, as long as you don't skip scenes) So 2,5 hours if you work timely.

netguy503

Just got a good trophy glitch( a gold one) in Rocket League for the Far, Far, Away trophy for driving 50km (patched from 500km) but I didn't drive 50km in fact all I did was load up a game and it popped as soon as I got in a online match before I had the chance to drive anywhere (I wanted to check out the batmobile as I'm seeing Dawn of Justice today). Now I know I didn't earn this as I haven't even gotten the trophy for driving 10km on the spinner wheels and I've been using those since launch. I also don't have the trophies for stocked, playing practice drills, or playing seasons yet. I haven't played the game alot. In fact, this trophy was making me fear I wouldn't get the plat and now I can so I'm excited. But how do I get driving trophy for being stationary, you tell me? I also wasn't even trying to earn trophies this month as I wanted to wait until we found out how to track our scores again and we were starting a new thread (when does that look like btw? Next month?) and now I've earned a gold (highest playstation trophy you can get besides a plat). lol

I checked on ps3trophies.org and even people who have driven 50km haven't got this trophy. I'm extremely lucky and grateful I guess that this happened to me. Would of never thought about platting the game before because of this trophy.

kevin1025

Banned
First of all, I really like what you guys are doing and apreciate all the effort that is going in to the automatization of a monthly leaderboard. I'll probable return here more often when community participation stays up, wether thats monthly or in community.

In trophy related news... I hit the 6000 trophy mark this week (with the latest Driveclub dlc from the now defunct Evolution Studios, which seems fitting). Expect march to be a doozie for me, but april should be going way up.

A few days late, but congratulations on 6000 trophies! I'm trucking along trying to get to 5000, 6000 seems so far away!

oggob

On topic... about a week or so ago I did finish off Life Is Strange as my 82nd Platinum.

Not a bad game... The ending to Chapter 3 was an amazing twist.

Slowly working on Bigfest on the Vita, 1 away from Platinum, but I could knock it over if I applied myself in about an hour... I want to like this game and I want it to be Theme Park, but with music festivals, but it's just not quite there, the social integration and links to the new music are both limited and broken at the moment.

So you really can't enjoy the game to it's potential, on top of that, the upgrade path in the game is VERY grindworthy to unlock stuff and broken also... The example I have found is that whatever facilities you are able to put into the festival, the game allows you to have more people than the facilities can handle, so if you attempt to get bigger all the plebs get pissed off and leave... the end result is that you have to limit the park to keep everyone happy, but than means the money is slow to come in, there are some work around, but that feels too cheap

Tapejara

I'm working on Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax at the moment, which will hopefully be first platinum in two months (my last plat was Color Guardians back in January). I also want to finish up Gunscape, as I read the multiplayer trophies can all be done offline with four controllers.

Just got DQ: Heroes platinum yesterday. Very fun game although it did take me a while to finish it.

I wonder if we"ll ever get a DQ VIII re-release on the ps4 (as it was a ps2 game) since it's coming out on the 3ds later this year. Loved that game.

netguy503

I'm working on Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax at the moment, which will hopefully be first platinum in two months (my last plat was Color Guardians back in January). I also want to finish up Gunscape, as I read the multiplayer trophies can all be done offline with four controllers.

You have that avatar for the forums now to? Goodbye, sweet pirate bird. :(

Drayco21

Platinum #19- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Went back to Uncharted 2 a few months back and found that, for whatever reason, I had mentally built up Charted difficulty as some insurmountable challenge that I'd never finish, and that totally wasn't the case. At first I thought I'd only do 2 because it was my favorite, but ended up doing 3 too, and then figured at that point, I may as well finish the trilogy. Drake's Fortune on Charted is easily the hardest of the three; the six-axis grenades suck, and a lot of the encounters are too wave based compared to the sequels, but I still have a much higher opinion of the game than the way it often gets talked about around here.

Great franchise; really looking forward to Uncharted 4.

netguy503

Platinum #19- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Went back to Uncharted 2 a few months back and found that, for whatever reason, I had mentally built up Charted difficulty as some insurmountable challenge that I'd never finish, and that totally wasn't the case. At first I thought I'd only do 2 because it was my favorite, but ended up doing 3 too, and then figured at that point, I may as well finish the trilogy. Drake's Fortune on Charted is easily the hardest of the three; the six-axis grenades suck, and a lot of the encounters are too wave based compared to the sequels, but I still have a much higher opinion of the game than the way it often gets talked about around here.

Great franchise; really looking forward to Uncharted 4.

Was this on PS3 or PS4 (it's great we have the trilogy's on both systsems so I can ask that). I hear they dumbed down crushing on the PS4 versions. I don't know as I haven't played it myself.

Drayco21

Was this on PS3 or PS4 (it's great we have the trilogy's on both systsems so I can ask that). I hear they dumbed down crushing on the PS4 versions. I don't know as I haven't played it myself.

I played through on my original PS3 copies to help my abysmal completion percentage. I might pick up the PS4 versions down the line if they're really even easier plats; though I'll probably want to wait a while so I'm not Uncharted out when 4 comes out.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Just finished division plat after the hard mode trophy glitched on me a week or so ago.
Thinking of finishing ether one so I can smack my head against the wall on that stupid canary puzzle again.

LordofPwn

got 2 trophies left to get in the division. killing 20 rogues and using my super ability 100 times. that 1st one will take forever, and i won't have my PS4 back until maybe tomorrow night. looks like i'll at least be able to start april off with a platinum.

netguy503

Only 48 hours or so until the new Trophy topic, oggob?

The OP never had trophy threads out until 10-15ish days into the month. If the new OP could get them out the first day of the month that would be AMAZING and would help show the new OP how active a monthly thread could be given a full month ( something that was talked about as a concern).

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

I have platinum on both and can't say it felt any different, although I did get the UC1 PS3 platinum the day after the trophy patch in 2008 so I may not have noticed if they did change it.

I played through on my original PS3 copies to help my abysmal completion percentage. I might pick up the PS4 versions down the line if they're really even easier plats; though I'll probably want to wait a while so I'm not Uncharted out when 4 comes out.

Like I said I honestly think the difficulty is the same, this is after getting platinum in all 3 PS3 games and UC1/2 on PS4. If anything the time trial trophies make them slightly harder, I haven't tried the timed trophies in UC3 yet, but there was only one I didn't do first time so not that much harder I suppose.

oggob

The OP never had trophy threads out until 10-15ish days into the month. If the new OP could get them out the first day of the month that would be AMAZING and would help show the new OP how active a monthly thread could be given a full month ( something that was talked about as a concern).

See this is the problem as it's been mentioned, there is no guarantee if we grab the data on Day 1 or 2, that everyone on the list has gone to PSN profiles and updated their profile for the most up-to-date result. That includes, syncing any PS3/4/Vita trophies in general, sure they can be setup to auto-sync, but that could still be a few days into the month. Remember the PSNProfile site itself doesn't update all profiles evenly, if it did then this wouldn't be an issue.

The question then to all here, how many of you would actively at the start of the month, make sure your PS3/4/Vita are synced and then sync your PSN Profile? Or remember to?

What one of my options was going to be (start small), with over 200 profiles, let's say the data will be captured when I have received PMs from approx 10% of the members confirming they have updated their details.

The data is grabbed and then at some point posted. With the results captured we can post a winner for the month, Top 3, etc. However, those overall figures might change the next month if someone didn't update their details before that cut off and the updated leaderboard would reflect that, but the "winner" for the month wouldn't change

Personally I'm still leaning towards a yearly thing, the results are posted throughout the year in the thread as per normal and the OP will have links to the specific posts for monthly updates, that way the data can always be "found".

Now, I'm not actively seeking out ways to get banned, so I should theoretically be around to continually update throughout the year.

Joni

See this is the problem as it's been mentioned, there is no guarantee if we grab the data on Day 1 or 2, that everyone on the list has gone to PSN profiles and updated their profile for the most up-to-date result. That includes, syncing any PS3/4/Vita trophies in general, sure they can be setup to auto-sync, but that could still be a few days into the month. Remember the PSNProfile site itself doesn't update all profiles evenly, if it did then this wouldn't be an issue.

The question then to all here, how many of you would actively at the start of the month, make sure your PS3/4/Vita are synced and then sync your PSN Profile? Or remember to?

What one of my options was going to be (start small), with over 200 profiles, let's say the data will be captured when I have received PMs from approx 10% of the members confirming they have updated their details.

The data is grabbed and then at some point posted. With the results captured we can post a winner for the month, Top 3, etc. However, those overall figures might change the next month if someone didn't update their details before that cut off and the updated leaderboard would reflect that, but the "winner" for the month wouldn't change

Personally I'm still leaning towards a yearly thing, the results are posted throughout the year in the thread as per normal and the OP will have links to the specific posts for monthly updates, that way the data can always be "found".

Now, I'm not actively seeking out ways to get banned, so I should theoretically be around to continually update throughout the year.
Does your script automatically calculate all months of the year? You could post on the first day with what people have available, and an updated version the month later.

oggob

If someone was a late comer, either completely new or just an update profile, it can/will change the the order of the top...

That's why I though the option to allow the community to make sure they updated before the data was captured, so more people have a chance to be the monthly "winner"... but I can grab the data tomorrow, and the winner will be from that group and any movements later on are just for fun...

I need to stop though, I hit a target and then realise that I could add in "this" or "that" and the process starts all over again... The first update is going to be the standard list, but beyond that, there are a few speciality lists being made.

netguy503

Like I said I honestly think the difficulty is the same, this is after getting platinum in all 3 PS3 games and UC1/2 on PS4. If anything the time trial trophies make them slightly harder, I haven't tried the timed trophies in UC3 yet, but there was only one I didn't do first time so not that much harder I suppose.

I don't think you have to do the speed runs to get the plat in those games?

To the new OP, I think everyone who is active in this thread updates their profile as soon as they get a trophy (at least I do). The newcomers who aren't the OG's in this thread probably don't care about monthly leaderboards and winners of the month that the OG's want to get back to anyway. If we do do a yearly thing (which I still would like to try a monthly thread first) I hope your vision for the thread is the OP is updated at the start of every month with winners of the month and current leaderboards/trophy cards which was what original drew me to these threads (hell I even liked when Steve would throw a question in the OP like "what was your hardest plat/trophy this month? what games are you planning to get?" etc. to get the conversation going) Though if we kept it yearly no one would answer the qeustion as no one but the dedicated would check the OP.

Anyway, I just 100% the second chapter of the newest Walking Dead game (only took an hour). Sadly, Telltale is going downhill for me both this and Minecraft have such high price points yet the episodes can be beaten really quickly and easily. Alot more thought and care used to go in their games. Now it's like they don't even try. I miss the old Telltale. Seems like the general public agrees with me as every trophy in this game's second chapter has a 0.9% earned rate out of the whole PS4 community and it's been out a few days or lower while the first episode of this series is around 50% every trophy. What happened? It's sad. :(

Footos22

Talos principle platinum.

Man that game gave me a headache. Most of it was straight forward apart from a handful of puzzles. Had to use a guide for some of the stars. But took me well over 20 hours

I had the best month since August. Still won't make it near the top, but finally finishing up some old PS3 games (not plating all) and working on getting my average completion from a C to a A

Tapejara

100% Arcade Archives Gradius - I was in the mood for a shmup and reading the Arcade Archives OT made me decide to pick up Gradius. I had already had experience with the game from the PSP Gradius Collection so it wasn't too hard - but save states certainly helped lol.

netguy503

I had the best month since August. Still won't make it near the top, but finally finishing up some old PS3 games (not plating all) and working on getting my average completion from a C to a A

The top? We don't even have official scoring back yet (nor new thread for the month) you should of saved all those games until everything was settled.

Top Bottom