• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | December 2015 - 100ft Robot Trophy Hunting

Consumer

Is there a new thread, or has this one just been dead? 4 days without a post... :/

Just finished the MP portion of Tomb Raider (goddamn medkits...) and just need to finish my SP playthrough for plat #48. Then, Grim Fandango followed by Hotline Miami.

Also, I promised myself I'd platinum some vita games this year, but it feels wrong, almost as if the vita should only be played while I'm travelling (which I rarely do). Not sure what to do...

Joni

I didn't want to double post again, Platinum #131 God of War Vita.

As for the next topic, I think I'll look at Java to extract the html from PSNProfiles, which has the amount of Trophies in the HTML code. It will be question to get each individual file, find the right tags, send them to a file.

netguy503

The OP got so frustrated that there's been no new trophy thread since December he got banned. :( Oh no...I wonder what happened?

mstevens

Platinum #37 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Platinum #38 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Platinum #39 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I had never played any of these games before and I really enjoyed them. Crushing could be annoying in some places, but overall it wasn't bad. It was really nice not having any multiplayer trophies.

I've been working on Kingdom Hearts 2 Final mix at the moment. Most of the hard stuff is over with.. I pretty much just have the gummi missions and my critical playthrough to go.

kevin1025

Banned

I had never played any of these games before and I really enjoyed them. Crushing could be annoying in some places, but overall it wasn't bad. It was really nice not having any multiplayer trophies.

I've been working on Kingdom Hearts 2 Final mix at the moment. Most of the hard stuff is over with.. I pretty much just have the gummi missions and my critical playthrough to go.

I need to get back to the Kingdom Hearts games! They've been neglected for far too long!

Tomorrow shall be my 18th platinum, with Hitman GO. If anyone's looking for an easy platinum, that one is in the running for sure (if you use a guide, at least).

netguy503

Nice job. Too bad we probably won't have leaderboards/ neogaf trophy leader of the month back until April so all those trophies are for nothing if you're into that. That's why I've stopped collecting right now at least.

netguy503

He wasn't going to make a new one in any case.

He wasn't going to make a new one but didn't make a post here asking for anyone else to take over? At least Steve did that and it would of been nice to give us a heads up. Wow...ok then.

Wiggy

Plat 132- Dark Souls

Completed the hatrick! Bloodborne, Demon Souls and now Dark Souls in row. I had planned to do Dark Souls 2 next but I'm not sure now as I'm a little burned out on the souls games :/, maybe I'll play a lego game or something next as a nice palette cleanser. Or even better Ape Escape PS2onPS4 will appear :D

netguy503

Plat 132- Dark Souls

Completed the hatrick! Bloodborne, Demon Souls and now Dark Souls in row. I had planned to do Dark Souls 2 next but I'm not sure now as I'm a little burned out on the souls games :/, maybe I'll play a lego game or something next as a nice palette cleanser. Or even better Ape Escape PS2onPS4 will appear :D

You also have Dark Souls III next month right?

So I have been looking around for some API:

https://github.com/xseillier/psn-api
http://macbury.ninja/2014/8/scrappi...-playstation-profile-using-ruby-and-phantomjs
https://github.com/jhewt/gumer-psn

I have learned one thing: I should have paid more attention in school to learn this stuff.

I know a couple of others have already put their names in but I'm going to take a look at this too. Be nice to have a side project.

Edit: had a quick once-over. Should be pretty easy to make a system to spit out the points per month for each person. I'll get started on something next week, can hopefully have something finished for the start of April unless someone else wants to jump in and get it done?

Edit2: Only if there is enough interest for me to spend time doing the threads, at least ;P

Footos22

platinum 161

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the first sin.

That's the quintuplet done

Demons
Dark
Dark 2
Bloodborne
Dark 2 scholar.

Bring on number 3. Can't wait
I'll just stand here and pose in the meantime

eUJUFRa.jpg

I know a couple of others have already put their names in but I'm going to take a look at this too. Be nice to have a side project.

Edit: had a quick once-over. Should be pretty easy to make a system to spit out the points per month for each person. I'll get started on something next week, can hopefully have something finished for the start of April unless someone else wants to jump in and get it done?

Edit2: Only if there is enough interest for me to spend time doing the threads, at least ;P

Sure. I'd be interested in seeing the thread revived. I'm dying to know what I did for Dec/Jan/Feb still

March, though, I've been taking an easy...

Wiggy

Plat 133 Resogun (Vita)

Havent played this properly in years so took me while to get back in the swing of things. Also I've forgotten how great it looked/played on PS4 so I could appreciate the Vita version better then last time I tried it.

Wiggy

Anyone from EU picked up some soon-to-be-plats from the Easter EU PSN Sale?

I snagged GTA San Andreas, after platting GTA3 and Vice City a few months ago it'll be good to complete the set. I also got Walking Dead Season1 and Tales from the Borderlands which I've heard nothing but good stuff and from my time with the first Ep it seems great. I'm thinking about maybe Rogue Galaxy too, not sure though :/.

Joni

Anyone picked up some soon-to-be-plats from the Easter Sale?

I snagged GTA San Andreas, after platting GTA3 and Vice City a few months ago it'll be good to complete the set. I also got Walking Dead Season1 and Tales from the Borderlands which I've heard nothing but good stuff and from my time with the first Ep it seems great. I'm thinking about maybe Rogue Galaxy too, not sure though :/.

I'm planning on picking up all those PS2 games with a Platinum, but I'm waiting for the weekend, let's see if SCEA is doing a flash sale.

netguy503

Anyone picked up some soon-to-be-plats from the Easter Sale?

There's a Easter sale? I'm still burned they sold all the GTA PS2 remasters for $15 only for a few weeks after sell all 3 for $17. That was dirty. Tales of the Borderlands was amazing and I still have it on deck for PS3 after playing all of it on PS4 but I'm waiting until we get this new trophy scoring figured out before I go hard into trophy hunting again so my points actually matter.

Wiggy

I'm planning on picking up all those PS2 games with a Platinum, but I'm waiting for the weekend, let's see if SCEA is doing a flash sale.

PS2onPS4 has been a nostalgia gold (and platinum) mine for me, cant wait till Ape Escape.

There's a Easter sale? I'm still burned they sold all the GTA PS2 remasters for $15 only for a few weeks after sell all 3 for $17. That was dirty.

Sorry should have stated its EU thing and yeah they really bungled the GTAs in the EU too. The trilogy bundle took ages to appear.

Got my #107th plat a couple of days ago, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth! Really fun game. Hadn't played a digimon game since PS1. Bought this on a whim and i'm glad i did! Took me about 80 hrs to platinum. Overall it was pretty easy, although the post game grind was pretty tedious!

oggob

Right...

I like following this thread alot, I don't post much in general, but like a few others in here.. I'd be interested in getting this back up and running, perhaps to the point where we attempt to have a game of the month (think along the lines of multiplayer focused trophies) where we can attempt to help each other out?

Now, we all know that this topic can't really sustain a monthly version, so perhaps a brand new thread for all of 2016 and we see how it goes.

I am no code junkie, so unless there is a breakthrough on the automation side of things, there is nothing I can do to help there (maybe, depends on what is required), however, an hour here and there over the past week I have been playing around with a few things and I'm confident that I could be of service to provide some data for the months of this year and a few other things for those that are interested.

One of the concerns I have, if we were to start a 2016 thread, would it be wise to start fresh again? I know there are a stack of trophy cards on the front page, but do we know what percentage of those are active, should we cull those that are banned, etc?

So I would like to hear some thoughts on the matter. For anyone that is keen on anything that I have mentioned above, interim data, etc... I'd like to prioritise so if you flicked me a PM with your PSN ID, I'll start linking up GAF names to the data I have and then look to post something

Cheers! :)

Consumer

#48 Tomb raider
#49 grim fandango (meh)

I'll start & plat hotline miami this weekend (#50!), then the sequel a couple days after.

Joni

Fuck Fighting Vipers. Finally pulled off 'Who Needs Armor', and the fucking Trophy doesn't pop.
And done, it took me another half hour this time. Fuck that trophy. PSN 100% - Fighting Vipers.

PSN 100% - Unmechanical Extended

mstevens

Platinum #40 - Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

I really, really enjoyed this one. I had played KH1 (which I platinumed earlier this year) a little when I was younger, but this one was completely new. The combat was great, the pace was great, even the gummi missions were fun this time around. The only part that really gave me trouble was Lingering Will and some of the data battles.

I was thinking about jumping right into Chain of Memories, but I'm going to give myself a kingdom hearts break. Just started Ni No Kuni so I'm hoping that will be the next platinum.

Wiggy

I really, really enjoyed this one. I had played KH1 (which I platinumed earlier this year) a little when I was younger, but this one was completely new. The combat was great, the pace was great, even the gummi missions were fun this time around. The only part that really gave me trouble was Lingering Will and some of the data battles.

I was thinking about jumping right into Chain of Memories, but I'm going to give myself a kingdom hearts break. Just started Ni No Kuni so I'm hoping that will be the next platinum.

ive been thinking about playing Kingdom Hearts, how long does the plat take, is it hard?

Footos22

Ni no kuni is a good 100hr plat. Loved every min though

JSoup

Banned
ive been thinking about playing Kingdom Hearts, how long does the plat take, is it hard?

Two playthroughs minimum, so however long it takes you to clear the game times two. Difficulty trophies actually stack on this one, thankfully. Everything else aside from grinding to level 99 will more or less happen as you play.

Joni

The following retrieves the trophy count for someone. It just means I have to figure out how to get this integrated into Excel. (Aka for Java to open Excel, loop them, read cells and write them away). That is a bit tricky because I don't actually have Excel on an home computer. Wonder if that will work with OpenOffice.

Code:
/**
 * @author JoniP
 */

import java.io.IOException;

import org.jsoup.Jsoup;
import org.jsoup.nodes.Document;
import org.jsoup.nodes.Element;
import org.jsoup.select.Elements;

public class TrophyCount {

/**
	 */

/**
	 * @param args
	 */
	public static void main(String[] args) 
	{
		// OPEN EXCEL
		// RUN THROUGH EXCEL

Integer trophyResult = GetTrophyCount("JoniP");
       System.out.println(trophyResult);

}

private static int GetTrophyCount(String userName)
	{
		String website = "http://psnprofiles.com/" + userName;
		Elements websiteElements;
		Integer trophyResult = 0;
		Integer bronzeTrophy = 0;		
		Integer silverTrophy = 0;
		Integer goldTrophy = 0;
		Integer platinumTrophy = 0;

try
		{
			Document websitePage = Jsoup.connect(website).get();

websiteElements = websitePage.getElementsByClass("bronze");

for(Element websiteElement : websiteElements)
			{
				String bronzeTrophyCount = websiteElement.getElementsByClass("typo-top").text();
				bronzeTrophy = Integer.parseInt(bronzeTrophyCount.replaceAll(",","")) * 15;
				break;
			}

websiteElements = websitePage.getElementsByClass("silver");

{
				String silverTrophyCount = websiteElement.getElementsByClass("typo-top").text();
				silverTrophy = Integer.parseInt(silverTrophyCount.replaceAll(",","")) * 30;
				break;
			}

websiteElements = websitePage.getElementsByClass("gold");

{
				String goldTrophyCount = websiteElement.getElementsByClass("typo-top").text();
				goldTrophy = Integer.parseInt(goldTrophyCount.replaceAll(",","")) * 90;
				break;
			}

websiteElements = websitePage.getElementsByClass("platinum");

{
				String platinumTrophyCount = websiteElement.getElementsByClass("typo-top").text();
				platinumTrophy = Integer.parseInt(platinumTrophyCount.replaceAll(",","")) * 180;
				break;
			}

}
		catch (IOException e) 
		{
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

trophyResult = bronzeTrophy + silverTrophy + goldTrophy + platinumTrophy;
		return trophyResult;

}

}

SxP

The following retrieves the trophy count for someone. It just means I have to figure out how to get this integrated into Excel. (Aka for Java to open Excel, loop them, read cells and write them away). That is a bit tricky because I don't actually have Excel on an home computer. Wonder if that will work with OpenOffice.

I always though the problem was with getting the monthly counts, as that requires (as far as I know) either parsing the graph on the statistic page or reading the trophy log. Moreover, some profiles might have been last updated a while ago, so the information on PSNProfiles might be out of date. And, as far as I know, you cannot update a profile on PSNProfiles via a script.

mstevens

Well I just finished 2, so that's more fresh in my memory, but it took about 80 hours I think for me and the first one seemed similar. For the first one, the difficulty trophies don't stack so I had to beat it 3 times, but the main game isn't really that hard. Some of the gummi missions in the first one were very difficult.

The second one wasn't too bad at all except for a couple of bosses. Critical mode is doable once you get a few levels in you.

Skill wise, if I can do it, you can almost definitely do it. I'm not sure if Chain of Memory or Birth By Sleep are more difficult or not, as I haven't tried those yet.

I always though the problem was with getting the monthly counts, as that requires (as far as I know) either parsing the graph on the statistic page or reading the trophy log. Moreover, some profiles might have been last updated a while ago, so the information on PSNProfiles might be out of date. And, as far as I know, you cannot update a profile on PSNProfiles via a script.
The bolded is a little complicated IIRC. I think many profiles should update automatically every 24 hours...but some have a longer auto update time, and I think there's some kind of priority based on how often the profile is viewed and/or when they last got a trophy

e.g., I just went to a friend's profile, he hasn't gotten a trophy in like seven months. So his profile says that it will next update in 6 days, 23 hours. My profile conversely says it'll autoupdate in 21 hours, 7 minutes.

So I guess, theoretically, anyone who is a fairly regular member of this community and a regular PS player should have a fairly regularly updating profile. So maybe not that big a deal?

I think the biggest issue, like you said, will be the monthly stats.

LordofPwn

Code:
/**
 * @author JoniP
 */

import java.io.IOException;

import org.jsoup.Jsoup;
import org.jsoup.nodes.Document;
import org.jsoup.nodes.Element;
import org.jsoup.select.Elements;

public class TrophyCount {

/**
	 */

/**
	 * @param args
	 */
	public static void main(String[] args) 
	{
		// OPEN EXCEL
		// RUN THROUGH EXCEL

Integer trophyResult = GetTrophyCount("JoniP");
       System.out.println(trophyResult);

}

private static int GetTrophyCount(String userName)
	{
		String website = "http://psnprofiles.com/" + userName;
		Elements websiteElements;
		Integer trophyResult = 0;
		Integer bronzeTrophy = 0;		
		Integer silverTrophy = 0;
		Integer goldTrophy = 0;
		Integer platinumTrophy = 0;

try
		{
			Document websitePage = Jsoup.connect(website).get();

websiteElements = websitePage.getElementsByClass("bronze");

{
				String bronzeTrophyCount = websiteElement.getElementsByClass("typo-top").text();
				bronzeTrophy = Integer.parseInt(bronzeTrophyCount.replaceAll(",","")) * 15;
				break;
			}

websiteElements = websitePage.getElementsByClass("silver");

{
				String silverTrophyCount = websiteElement.getElementsByClass("typo-top").text();
				silverTrophy = Integer.parseInt(silverTrophyCount.replaceAll(",","")) * 30;
				break;
			}

websiteElements = websitePage.getElementsByClass("gold");

{
				String goldTrophyCount = websiteElement.getElementsByClass("typo-top").text();
				goldTrophy = Integer.parseInt(goldTrophyCount.replaceAll(",","")) * 90;
				break;
			}

websiteElements = websitePage.getElementsByClass("platinum");

{
				String platinumTrophyCount = websiteElement.getElementsByClass("typo-top").text();
				platinumTrophy = Integer.parseInt(platinumTrophyCount.replaceAll(",","")) * 180;
				break;
			}

}
		catch (IOException e) 
		{
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

trophyResult = bronzeTrophy + silverTrophy + goldTrophy + platinumTrophy;
		return trophyResult;

}

}
The problem is you would have to do that at the start of the month for everyone to get a baseline. Somehow PSN profiles is checking profiles and then reading time stamps on trophies and organizing based off that. We would need to tap directly into the PSN database with an API or something to do the same or have someone at PSN profiles to help us link into their graphing system.

Joni

The problem is you would have to do that at the start of the month for everyone to get a baseline.

I always though the problem was with getting the monthly counts, as that requires (as far as I know) either parsing the graph on the statistic page or reading the trophy log.

That would be no issue, the topic is supposed to be monthly so it is just a matter of running it around the same time every month. It would skip all the trouble with tying into the database, as we are usually not interested in months before the previous month. The monthly count would simply be calculated by getting the difference of the current month and the last month, which would be incredibly easy on Excel. So what would be the advantage?

The biggest issue is that the current OP doesn't provide a baseline.

Did some looking, the source code on http://psnprofiles.com/JoniP/stats actually contains the numbers. It gives one value for every type of Trophy per day. It would certainly take some fixing to get the right format, but you could do it like that if you wanted. But only if there is really an advantage to it.

Somehow PSN profiles is checking profiles and then reading time stamps on trophies and organizing based off that. We would need to tap directly into the PSN database with an API or something to do the same or have someone at PSN profiles to help us link into their graphing system.
I posted the links to some API examples a bit earlier in the topic, but they have a bigger risk of becoming outdated, they are more tricky to get to work and you'd have to recalculate the entire set every month.

Moreover, some profiles might have been last updated a while ago, so the information on PSNProfiles might be out of date.
Those would be pointless profiles anyway, it would be mostly profiles that haven't received Trophies in ages which means they'd be useless for tracking.

SxP

That would be no issue, the topic is supposed to be monthly so it is just a matter of running it around the same time every month. It would skip all the trouble with tying into the database, as we are usually not interested in months before the previous month. The monthly count would simply be calculated by getting the difference of the current month and the last month, which would be incredibly easy on Excel. So what would be the advantage?

The biggest issue is that the current OP doesn't provide a baseline.

Sure, if we accept that there is no monthly leaderboard this first time, there's no real need to parse the chart or the log. But the problem is, if you forget to run it or cannot run it for some reason, we lose two months of monthly leaderboards. In that sense, it's not very robust. But, admittedly, better than having no data.

Those would be pointless profiles anyway, it would be mostly profiles that haven't received Trophies in ages which means they'd be useless for tracking.

I guess, if the update frequency really is determined by how often a user gets a trophy, rather than some combination of trophy frequency and profile views or other factors.

Top Bottom