• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

Well, it's from SS so I'm sure they can do replacements. Just hope it's delayed and nothing more.

Getting a high value package stolen like Harley is a shit feeling. I hope it's just late :/

SS seem to be good about replacements and such.

LiK

Getting a high value package stolen like Harley is a shit feeling. I hope it's just late :/

SS seem to be good about replacements and such.

The only person who could've stolen it would be a UPS employee cuz it was never delivered. It was last updated at a local UPS facility. Never even reached "Out for Delivery" status.

Was it the Exclusive Harley?

Yup

Messi

Was it the Exclusive Harley?

This is what I was worried about. I'd hate LiK to miss out on her iconic hammer :(

The only person who could've stolen it would be a UPS employee cuz it was never delivered. It was last updated at a local UPS facility. Never even reached "Out for Delivery" status.

Yup

Man that sucks. At least it should be easy to find. I fucking hate thieves. Some people are so stupid, thus package is likely tracked all the way. All they have to do is track it back along the line.

LiK

Well I got UPS CSR to start an investigation and I emailed SS separately about it so I hope things get resolved soon. Hopefully they find it tomorrow. I'll settle for a replacement.

That's a best case scenario for you because it never left their possession.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got UPS to start an investigation into my lost Harley. I wonder if Haloid was involved somehow.

Haloid has a gigantic shrine of Harleys hidden away like Helga from Hey Arnold

Sideshow will take care of it. My HT Maria Hill figure got lost, they opened an investigation and sent out a replacement two weeks after. It'll be fine. I would never wish this on anyone except Messi though, it's a pain in the ass to deal with.

LiK

Sideshow will take care of it. My HT Maria Hill figure got lost, they opened an investigation and sent out a replacement two weeks after. It'll be fine. I would never wish this on anyone except Messi though, it's a pain in the ass to deal with.

Thanks. I noticed the Exclusive Harley is on Waitlist. Hopefully this means they have replacements in stock for issues like this.

Messi

Why would you buy that Maria hill?

Oh yeah I didn't think of that :p Do you have Femto as well? Need to get the whole crew together.

Yeah I have all of them, if you can get them before they become rare and overpriced, you should be good for a while with Slan, Femto and Void I don't think prices for them will skyrocket for at least a year.
What's incredible to me is that Figma never made Skull Knight, I hope they correct that mistake eventually.

Preorderd Anakin from the local shop. That allows me to just pay $10-20 here and there for a year to get it paid off. Having Jedi Luke and Anakin displayed back to back will be fantastic.

davidwhanchoi did I already miss pre-orders on the Hi-Metal R Elintseeker...?

http://tamashii.jp/item/12267?wovn=en

item_0000012267_D6icNuoa_01.jpg

LiK

Sweet, SS replied and they have set aside a replacement in case it's lost. Should take 6-8 days to trace. Kinda annoying but I'll take it.

Edit: seems my tracking number is updated to next Tuesday. I wonder if they found it. Hopefully it's not damaged.

davidwhanchoi did I already miss pre-orders on the Hi-Metal R Elintseeker...?

http://tamashii.jp/item/12267?wovn=en

not yet =)

Friday morning(tomorrow night) pre-orders open 9/1
and it's pretty cheap at 9000yen before pre-order discounts.

That looks really dope - where do you guys order from for US?
due to legal issues, it's only avail from import stores. the main stores i order from:
Amiami, HLJ, Nippon Yasan, Hobby Search, Anime Export, CDjapan.

I'm pulling for you LiK. No one should have to go through what your going through. It's tough, keep your chin up and you will get through this.

Bii

Sweet, SS replied and they have set aside a replacement in case it's lost. Should take 6-8 days to trace. Kinda annoying but I'll take it.

Edit: seems my tracking number is updated to next Tuesday. I wonder if they found it. Hopefully it's not damaged.

The thing with Sideshow is that they ship all their Hot Toys in the brown shipper and do not double box it unless you request them to do so, but it's an additional $10 per order or something. It always worries me whenever I get a shipment from them. Stuff like that can get "lost" easily.

Here's hoping you get it Tuesday.

KyleCross

I really hate AmiAmi sometimes. Just got a payment request for a figure and it's a whopping 4,195 JPY for shipping on a different shipping method than what I chose. The original shipping choice isn't an option anymore and the cheapest is the 4,195 JPY SAL Parcel. I can't stomach that, that's half the cost of the figure itself. Yet I hear AmiAmi will punish you, leading up to banning your account, if you cancel and I have other important items preordered from them...

Also have a figure from Mandarake that seems to be trapped in the mail. It has entered and left my state twice now. Not a good week.

I really hate AmiAmi sometimes. Just got a payment request for a figure and it's a whopping 4,195 JPY for shipping on a different shipping method than what I chose. The original shipping choice isn't an option anymore and the cheapest is the 4,195 JPY SAL Parcel. I can't stomach that, that's half the cost of the figure itself. Yet I hear AmiAmi will punish you, leading up to banning your account, if you cancel and I have other important items preordered from them...
AmiAmi are the legit assholes of the figure world. Though it does take a lot of abuse (non-payments and cancellations) before they'll ban you. Their shipping costs have gotten worse over the last year. I use Hobbysearch mostly now. Except for things I'm not 100% sure I want, then I use HLJ since you can cancel things on your own.

Messi

The thing with Sideshow is that they ship all their Hot Toys in the brown shipper and do not double box it unless you request them to do so, but it's an additional $10 per order or something. It always worries me whenever I get a shipment from them. Stuff like that can get "lost" easily.

Plus it says the fuckin name of the figure on the shipper lol

LiK

Man, fuck AmiAmi. I wanted to combine my two preorders and they did but they gave me less than a day deadline after it was done. They canceled it already. They should automatically extended the deadline when that happens. Screw them. Gonna order from somewhere else instead.

Plus it says the fuckin name of the figure on the shipper lol

Lol, that never bothered me. This is the first time this has happened with a HT figure. If it's damaged them I'll contact SS CSR about it. Always happy with the service from them. If it was from some smaller site, I might've been more worried.

Thanks to everyone else for their support.

KyleCross

AmiAmi are the legit assholes of the figure world. Though it does take a lot of abuse (non-payments and cancellations) before they'll ban you. Their shipping costs have gotten worse over the last year. I use Hobbysearch mostly now. Except for things I'm not 100% sure I want, then I use HLJ since you can cancel things on your own.

So, you think I'll be safe cancelling it? At the end of the day, I can live without the figure.

LiK

So, you think I'll be safe cancelling it? At the end of the day, I can live without the figure.

Just let it cancel on its own by not sending payment. Don't contact them. The davidwhangchoi method which actually works. Happened to me a few times when I forgot to send payment and I haven't gotten any warnings or anything from them. You're safe.

I'm pissed they canceled my other preorder right after I asked for combining them so I'm letting the Tracer Nendo cancel as well. I'll buy it from BBTS instead and the price isn't that different with shipping. Their order system needs an upgrade.

NEO0MJ

Looks like my guess was correct. Riobot shiny Mazinkaiser has been officially delayed. Wonder if they ran into issues with the chrome and are trying to fix them.
Though I don't think you can ever fully beat oxidization.

Some new pics came out, though.

12-25.jpg

What time do pre-orders open? 9-1 12am Japan/8-31 11am EST/8-31 8am PST?
retailers used to open 16:00 JST so just convert that to the timezone you're in/

but i think it's either 16:00JST or 18:00 JST as they may have moved the time.
to be sure, tonight there will be a placeholder page up on amiami a few hours before the start and it usually posts the time pre-orders open so keep an eye on amiami

Yeah I have all of them, if you can get them before they become rare and overpriced, you should be good for a while with Slan, Femto and Void I don't think prices for them will skyrocket for at least a year.
What's incredible to me is that Figma never made Skull Knight, I hope they correct that mistake eventually.

Yeah I should probably get on that sooner rather than later. I think there's still hope for Skull Knight if they've done all of the God Hand and they're reissuing the Black Swordsman version of Guts. Seems like they know there's a lot interest.

Speaking of Guts as soon as I saw it on sale I preordered that sucker. Not missing my chance!

Top Bottom