• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggler41

I was talking about the Sessler/Dent/Gies thing which is what I thought was causing all the ruckus, as people appeared to be connecting that back to the resolution rumors.

As people have noted, and I was catching up on as I got online late tonight, they are two separate issues. There was also some other BS thing about advertising or console problems (?). Is anyone taking that stuff seriously or did that all die? Consoles are fine, and the advertising thing is completely made up.

So anyway, one of them has nothing to do with us. Whew.

As for the resolution stuff I hadn't realized there was a new set of rumors popping up today. On that topic, and as I've said in my previous posts, I don't comment on 3rd party games stuff. Not my area.

So nothing new from me, I'm not going to get into the fray on the resolution stuff. G'night!

For once I was just glad the other thing wasn't about us.

Humility. I like it. Your growing on me Albert :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yes it does, and the twitter post + Dent's post here says it all. Figure it out guys, think for a second why they are frustrated. It's not hard to figure out. That's all I'll say on the matter.

I'll make it real easy:

1. Step 1 Read Dent's Post on GAF
2. Step 2 See Marcus's Twitter Post
3. Look at above picture

Oh man, all that yapping for nothing.

JABEE

Ummm, how exactly do you stage an environment that affects your liking of a game you're playing? A good game is good game everywhere.

Untrue. So many different factors can impact your enjoyment of something. Most of the time, you don't even notice that it is impacting how you feel about a person, place or thing. People are influenced by their environment/mood.

If this is about video capture I am a bit confused. I am a little surprised that the PS4 video capture technology does not allow for the export of raw video. Isn't it stored on the hard drive after you capture it? Seems like it would be trivial to take the hard drive out and access the video files on a PC.

I am wondering if in order to appease content producers Sony had to make concessions along the lines of how the video used. If that's written into a ToS it could put video reviewers in a bind if other avenues of capturing video are limited by HDCP.

IN&OUT

Banned
I was talking about the Sessler/Dent/Gies thing which is what I thought was causing all the ruckus, as people appeared to be connecting that back to the resolution rumors.

As people have noted, and I was catching up on as I got online late tonight, they are two separate issues. There was also some other BS thing about advertising or console problems (?). Is anyone taking that stuff seriously or did that all die? Consoles are fine, and the advertising thing is completely made up.

As for the resolution stuff I hadn't realized there was a new set of rumors popping up today. On that topic, and as I've said in my previous posts, I don't comment on 3rd party games stuff. Not my area.

So nothing new from me, I'm not going to get into the fray on the resolution stuff. G'night!

Hell yeah Albert, I was not sure if MS can take anymore...but still 720p in 2013 is kinda bad my friend.

ignata

As long as on November 14th and 22nd, Giant Bomb gets their pre-order consoles/games, hooks them up to the internet and starts streaming that shit out, everything in the world is fine. That's the only coverage I need.

Ellite25

Seems to me like Gies' Twitter post saying that AC4 for PS4 is going to be reviewed because *it* is ok to review might be implying that the review events for PS4 haven't been on actual consoles but dev kits.

Maybe that has something to do with Sessler not being able to publish video reviews for PS4?

So, another example of being extremely selective in what he see's, hears and speaks of.

Just when you think he's getting undue criticism for his postings on here, he highlights once again he's playing a PR game.

Read above dude. Twitter = not the most detailed communication method. Just went into detail.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
It's not hard to figure out. That's all I'll say on the matter.

I'll make it real easy:

3. Look at above picture

and yes I am speaking the truth

Sony only makes killzone and knack though. I don't think they are at liberty to decide what to do with games they don't make, including sending out review copies.

I don't get why a super staged and controlled review event would be such a big deal now all of a sudden. Isn't this how the games media has worked for the last 5 years or so? Didn't you fly to some air craft carrier to "review/preview" call of duty games?

jayu26

lol. Yup one of few good days for MS, where nothing went wrong on your end.

JUST
SAY
WHAT
THE
FUCK
IT
IS

Seriously. If your handle is Annoyed Gamer and your persona is Annoyed Gamer. Just fucking say it. Fuck. But he'll be there with bells on at this private review event and then yell afterwards. How about this? Just say no. No. It's not hard. You just say N-O. No controlled review events. Give us the fucking system and games. That's it. No review events. I'm not trusting one fucking thing that comes out of this review event. Hear me game journalists? You post a preview or review from this event, I will take it with a grain of salt and a heap of bullshit. Have some self-respect.

SRTtoZ

I dont think this is Sony. I'd say this is more EA or Activision, probably trying to push off the PC version of certain games as console games. It makes sense with all the issues and leaks about CoD and BF4 lately.

xn0

What is up with these consoles? Xbone not able to run CoD:G @1080p (still running on the optimized Quake 3 engine), and PS4 hitting 1080p but with reportedly variable frame rate. There is no chance of these consoles pushing 4k (unless you chain them together) which will likely be pervasive in the next 2 years . I've had the same gaming rig for over 2 and a half years running 6990's in xfire and pushing a 30" monitor at 2560x1600. I joined the BF4 beta and ran it with no problems on my rig at that resolution at high frame rates.

I would expect that these new gaming consoles would be as or more powerful than my nearly 3 year old pc gaming rig, or at least running these launch games at 1080p and locked 60fps. Especially given that the games are usually heavily optimized for the hardware and these consoles have custom APU's with unified memory connected to proprietary bus capable of speeds ~20GB/s which is much faster than even PCIe x16.

I have preordered both the PS4 and Xbone but all of this resolution talk makes me scratch my head. We had HD games that ran at 1080i/p a generation ago on the PS2/Xbox, how is 1080p at 60fps not the lowest bar set for the launch titles on this generation of consoles, especially with 4k peeking over the horizon.

rjinaz

What I don't get is Sessler's reaction though. DIfference between frustration and considering a new line of work...

If Sony is starting to dictate how reviews are handled and even when and where, it would seriously tick people off especially those that have been doing reviews a set way for years. It makes sense why there is such anger. Might be enough for somebody to say, F it, I'm out.

I don't get why a super staged and controlled review event would be such a big deal now all of a sudden. Isn't this how the games media has worked for the last 5 years or so? Didn't you fly to some air craft carrier to "review/preview" call of duty games?

Absolutely blown out of proportion.

TriGen

Oh, that's a relief. If this isn't about YouTube monetization or capturing footage then it's not a huge deal for non-press. There are a lot of "pro" gamers that might be screwed if it was an ad revenue thing, but if this is about publishers making people play their games for review in a certain room or something like that, it's not a big blow to gamers. It still sucks though and makes these big publishers continue to look like bullies.

Also, thumbs up to AG. His tweets have given us the biggest pieces of info.

Kacho

lol i remember hearing some shit on the bombcast about that. they flew the guys in a helicopter to the event or something. weird

SRTtoZ

If Sony is starting to dictate how reviews are handled and even when and where, it would seriously tick people off especially those that have been doing reviews a set way for years. It makes sense why there is such anger. Might be enough for somebody to say, F it, I'm out.

But they arent. Companies are doing reviews for PS4 already, Polygon specifically is reviewing AC4 on PS4.

Wille517

Neo Member
What I don't get is Sessler's reaction though. DIfference between frustration and considering a new line of work...
As best as I can rap my head around this, this is the gaming worlds equivalent of the US government say that Edward Snowden wasn't a legitimate journalist so he didn't get the same rights and privileges as a "real" approved establishment journalist.

JABEE

Yeah. Blacklisting has been an industry practice since forever. What unprecedented shift has occurred for Adam to contemplate leaving the industry?

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is so incredibly absurd. Journalists can't tell us what is going on but instead are dropping cryptic tweets because they signed away their right to report what they know.

I just don't get it.

ProcrasDANation

Neo Member

I'll make it real easy:

3. Look at above picture

Yeah it is not that hard to cut through, but isn't it their responsibility as professionals to find a solution for themselves rather than just complaining over social media?

Ellite25

Untrue. So many different factors can impact your enjoyment of something. Most of the time, you don't even notice that it is impacting how you feel about a person, place or thing. People are influenced by their environment/mood.

Which is a threat to external validity in research. The setting in which something is held often times produce results that are generalizable to the greater population.

Gator86

Oh man, all that yapping for nothing.

Absolutely nothing. Big deal, game "journalists" have a slightly different environment when reviewing if true. I guess it's slightly irritating to have to go up to a table to get your swag bag instead of just having it shipped to your door.

diggler41

As long as on November 14th and 22nd, Giant Bomb gets their pre-order consoles/games, hooks them up to the internet and starts streaming that shit out, everything in the world is fine. That's the only coverage I need.

This is the quintessential truth ruth.

IN&OUT

Banned

I'll make it real easy:

3. Look at above picture

welcome back birdie....as long as PS4 still rocking X1 powerwise, I don't give a flying F*CK about anything else. here is a picture of a Flying F*ck for people who doesn't know it :)

flying-fuck.jpg

This is so incredibly absurd. Journalists can't tell us what is going on but instead are dropping cryptic tweets because they signed away their right to report what they know.

I just don't get it.
It's poetic

welcome back birdie....as long as PS4 still rocking X1 powerwise, I don't give a flying F*CK about anything else. here is a picture of a Flying F*ck for people who doesn't know it :)

flying-fuck.jpg
You are so passionate about the wars man

They have to be covering something else up... Those tweets were way too specific about something in particular compared to that ambiguous wall of text by "TheKevinDent" that revealed nothing. It even goes against that other tweet (by gies?) that said to expect a bunch of PS4 reviews over the next couple of weeks instead of Xbox One reviews.

Exactly!

JABEE

Nothing was about you, except for all of the stuff that impacts the games and consumers.

tkalamba

You're testing a product in perfect set conditions that are controlled by the manufacturer vs real world scenarios.

Its why auto reviewers do road tests and track tests.

One will be set so no issues will be apparent where as the other is unpredictable and makes finding problems easier.

lol i remember hearing some shit on the bombcast about that. they flew the guys in a helicopter to the event or something. weird

Hell I still remember GameFan talking about their Goldeneye review, how Nintendo sent a few guys in suits with a locked up N64 in a special box and they hovered over while they played it for a few hours, then took off with it. THAT was their "review" copy.

You're testing a product in perfect set conditions that are controlled by the manufacturer vs real world scenarios.

Its why auto reviewers do road tests and track tests.

One will be set so no issues will be apparent where as the other is unpredictable and makes finding problems easier.

But it's been happening for years. Shane Bettenhausen reviewed MGS4 at some fucking resort in Malaysia or wherever over the course of a 2 day holiday. Why the "frustration" now?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
BF4 on PC and Killzone: Shadow Fall on PS4 is how I'm going to satisfy my shooter needs. At least Sony's first party teams are still holding to the 1080p ideal. I think building an engine specifically for next gen helps. Case in point: NBA 2K14, 1080p@60fps.

Ran Ran

So let me get this straight... They are upset about having to go to an event to review certain games (I say this since apparently AC4 PS4 reviews are going up next week) something that happens all the time but now they feel the need to complain?

rjinaz

You have been quite the warrior and perhaps the most prominent figure in the console wars if I had to figure. You are working hard and I for one am glad that we have a representative willing to communicate with us because we don't have the same thing with Sony. You sir deserve a good night sleep for sure.

Hattori

Banned
I wonder what the fallout from this would be? Will the media all of a sudden start pimping the competition because their perks have been stripped? :lol This is going to be a really entertaining generation indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom