• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Saleh, popular YouTube racist, kicked off Delta plane for being a jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesousa

Banned
I posted that on the other page. He changed the title as it had tomorrows vid will be the icing on the cake) in it. Then they both have moved on... bit like they got legal advice to shit the fuck up.
lol. yeah its sad.

Their fans, mostly teenaged muslim girls from what I have seen of them(long before this) are circling the wagons around them. Even their old friends such as kuku who have spoken out about this are being down voted to hell.

Morphis

Is there a text summary of how this went down? I've seen the original mesaage posted on my FB feed and I'd like to refute it with some kind of source. Especially since it was posted by some ppl I highly regard, it's always gooed to point out fake news is not just for conservatives.

Glass Joe

He's an asshole, but he did at least help expose the annoying outrage culture of today. "I can't believe that happened!" Turns out it didn't happen. Yet the damage is still done, and to a major corporation. Some pricks like him were thriving off of that kind of style of video, for the hits and the likes.

"Someone's making a fuss, buy them off and bury it! Fire anyone involved!" I'm pleased to see that is not the case here. Common sense actually won. I hope the dude has to get a real job and can never successfully youtube from here on out.

TarNaru33

Banned
He's an asshole, but he did at least help expose the annoying outrage culture of today. "I can't believe that happened!" Turns out it didn't happen. Yet the damage is still done, and to a major corporation. Some pricks like him were thriving off of that kind of style of video, for the hits and the likes.

"Someone's making a fuss, buy them off and bury it! Fire anyone involved!" I'm pleased to see that is not the case here. Common sense actually won. I hope the dude has to get a real job and can never successfully youtube from here on out.

I hate your entire post... "real job", outrage culture? In most cases "outrage culture" does not cause people to get fired quickly unless their is irrefutable proof.

AdaWong

As if Middle Easterns and Arabs don't have it bad already, now thanks to this fucking asshole they're gonna get further discrimination. I fucking hate this dumbass.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

He didn't do anything good for anybody.

The maximum effect he had was on racists who will now point to this event everytime actual racism occurs, as proof that it didn't.

The idea that "SJWs" have some sort of stranglehold on discourse is absolutely ludicrous.

Glass Joe

I hate your entire post... "real job", outrage culture? In most cases "outrage culture" does not cause people to get fired quickly unless their is irrefutable proof.

There, not their.

And certainly I've seen time and time again, people getting disciplined or fired over bad press or even minor customer complaints... even if not deserved. And I'm kinda glad you hate my post. If nothing else, it sparks conversation. And in a thread where someone was obviously trying to profit off the misery of others.

TarNaru33

Banned
There, not their.

And certainly I've seen time and time again, people getting disciplined or fired over bad press or even minor customer complaints... even if not deserved. And I'm kinda glad you hate my post. If nothing else, it sparks conversation. And in a thread where someone was obviously trying to profit off the misery of others.

Rarely see that, just because it happens do not mean it is frequent enough to act like it does.

Also your real job part does not spark conversation, it only shows where you stand on the subject which I will never understand. To call out people who use Youtube for professional means of gaining income means you should call out the many other service jobs as not real jobs.

Glass Joe

Rarely see that, just because it happens do not mean it is frequent enough to act like it does.

Also your real job part does not spark conversation, it only shows where you stand on the subject which I will never understand. To call out people who use Youtube for professional means of gaining income means you should call out the many other service jobs as not real jobs.

Read the thread title again. Let it sink in. "Adam Saleh, popular YouTube racist, kicked off Delta plane for being a jerk." He's making controversial, and false, videos, for personal financial gain on youtube.

Yes, I do hope he loses his channel and monetization privilages, and yes, I do hope he has to resort to a "real job." As I've said, I'm personally not upset that you hate my post, because you're defending a total douchebag.

TarNaru33

Banned
Read the thread title again. Let it sink in. "Adam Saleh, popular YouTube racist, kicked off Delta plane for being a jerk." He's making controversial, and false, videos, for personal financial gain on youtube.

Yes, I do hope he loses his channel and monetization privilages, and yes, I do hope he has to resort to a "real job." As I've said, I'm personally not upset that you hate my post, because you're defending a total douchebag.

The title of the thread have what to do with what I have said? The content of his YouTube videos have what to do what I said?

He should lose his monetization privileges, yes. Also I never came in defense of this guy, not one single thing I said defends him in the slightest, so please read everything I said better.

I responded to you in particular because you come off as one of those people that think outrage culture is so widespread and leads to significant people losing jobs/livelihood due to it. While it is true that, that do happen, it is nowhere near significant. While also claiming it isn't a real job just because you think it isn't for whatever arbitrary reason you can come up with in your mind. Whether you like the content or not have no bearing on qualifications of it being a job or not.

Now if you want to argue about what content should and shouldn't be allowed to be monetized, I am willing to do so, but I would likely agree with you in that videos like his shouldn't be allowed that privilege. I would like for them not to exist, but that isn't something I see happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom