• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2011 |OT| Team Bonding, St. Kilda Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've filled up three spots on the AusGAF Dream Team with celeb players. So all we need is one more person to join!

Just go here

Invite Code is 321888

Also, for those who have signed up, can we organise a list to identify ourselves. I'll start with me.

AusGAF Dream Team League

She Had Man Hands - _Alkaline_ (Nick)

fisheyes

one more day!

I realise its late notice, but I've set up a GAF tipping league on the AFL website.
http://tipping.afl.com.au
league name: GAF
entry code: VXS62YUJ4Z

And yet again:
AFL DREAM TEAM LEAGUE CODE: 321888
Don't even have a team? Register at http://dreamteam.afl.com.au/

EDIT: Beaten! Good work Alkaline

EDIT 2: I'm Team Sausagefest. I'm going to reboot my team and start over now, I wasn't sure on a few back when I picked em.

jambo

Wish the GAF tipping was on footytips.com.au, now I have to tip on 2 separate websites

EDIT: All signed up and first round of tips are in, bring on the first game!

EDIT EDIT: Also, all the Aussies in here should be posting in AusGAF!

legend166

AusGAF Dream Team League

The Wildcats - legend166 (Andrew)

Who can get the reference for my team name?

legend166 said:
You are correct.

Also, how the hell are Melbourne $1.70 against the Swans this weekend?

What are Sydney?

AusGAF Dream Team League

Team Sausagefest - fisheyes (Josh)

picko

Neo Member
Hope you guys don't mind me joining your league. Don't get to post here all that often but have been playing DT for a few years now.

AusGAF Dream Team League

Team Sausagefest - fisheyes (Josh)
South Beach Talent - picko (Callam)

fisheyes

made some adjustments to the OP, particularly to try and be helpful to the international visitors who wander in here (we've already had a couple). Again, if theres anything else we want in there, let me know.

(blatant bump for late night GAF - join our dream team / tipping leagues)

Ydahs

^^ Is he the one that always shuts down Nick Roo? Sad and sudden.

I'm in the league as "Sainter's Realm". Not happy about the celebrities being in the league though. Will spam AusGAF :p

jambo

tri_willy said:
End of season? Wouldnt make sense to do it now after a pre season

He buggered his ankle at training and scans revealed he wouldn't play a game this year, so he decided to retire.

Poor bugger =[

DaMan121

Man as a neutral watching Richmond is frustrating, can't imagine what their fans have been through the past 20 years - worst skilled side for that period easily.

guidop

DaMan121 said:
Man as a neutral watching Richmond is frustrating, can't imagine what their fans have been through the past 20 years - worst skilled side for that period easily.

So true. How they went from being totally on top at 3/4 time to where is game is now is mystifying

Loved having Curnow in my side. Been watching him since his early days. Gun!

Game was more entertaining that it should have been. Skills were down but the intensity was there and I love watching Jack Riewoldt.

Gibbs was BOG and along with Murphy is in for a big year.

border

Can someone add this link to the OP? It's a listing of all AFL games being played on ESPN3.com. These should be accessible to any American with a participating broadband service. And I believe you can watch ESPN3 stuff on an Xbox 360 as well.

http://www.afana.com/drupal5/tvsched

If anybody here could look over the schedule and tell me what games will be good, I'd appreciate it as well. I like the game, but haven't been able to watch it for years.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
border said:
Can someone add this link to the OP? It's a listing of all AFL games being played on ESPN3.com. These should be accessible to any American with a participating broadband service. And I believe you can watch ESPN3 stuff on an Xbox 360 as well.

If anybody here could look over the schedule and tell me what games will be good, I'd appreciate it as well. I like the game, but haven't been able to watch it for years.

That's quite the list! I'm sure some one who's not currently curled up in bed watching the GSL will be able to pick out some games for you!

do you have a team?

make sure you watch
Mon 25 Apr 12:40 AM 3:40 AM EDT Round 5 LH Essendon v Collingwood

fisheyes

border said:

Sweet as, I'll chuck it in in a sec.

A few games I've noticed (I'll peruse it more a bit later when I get the chance):
Fri 25 Mar 4:40 AM - 7:40AM EDT (Live) Geelong v St. Kilda (less than 12 hours from now, these 2 played in the GF in 09 and always have really good games)
Mon 25 Apr 12:40 AM - 3:40 AM EDT (Live, HD) Essendon v Collingwood (the ANZAC day clash, basically the biggest game of the year other than the GF)
Sat 4 Jun 5:10 AM - 8:10AM EDT (Live, HD) Collingwood v St. Kilda (GF 2010 Rematch, should be pretty epic)

The one game thats live on ESPN2 (Sun 10 Apr 12:00 MN - 3:00 AM EDT) is Geelong vs Port Adelaide, which is my team, so in my completely unbiased opinion it will be worth watching.

border

In the OP you might also want to note that ESPN3 archives their games for watching later, so you don't have to stay up until 4:40 AM EST to watch......only if you want to watch it live. I am watching Carlton v. Richmond now.

HolyCheck said:
do you have a team?

No. I just used to watch AFL at a local Irish pub and have some fond memories of it just as a cool game. Anyone want to recommend a team for me? :) I suppose it'll be hard to follow any particular club since ESPN3 only plays a few games each week.

legend166

border said:
In the OP you might also want to note that ESPN3 archives their games for watching later, so you don't have to stay up until 4:40 AM EST to watch......only if you want to watch it live. I am watching Carlton v. Richmond now.

No. I just used to watch AFL at a local Irish pub and have some fond memories of it just as a cool game. Anyone want to recommend a team for me? :) I suppose it'll be hard to follow any particular club since ESPN3 only plays a few games each week.

I recommend Sydney because we are totally awesome.

guidop

border said:

Depends, do you like underdogs? Smaller teams? Successful teams? I could recommend a team unbiasedly if you gave some info on other teams you support and what characteristics you like from a team

HolyCheck

border said:

I recommend the Essendon Bombers.

Winners of the most premierships in the AFL at 16 (equal with another team)

and this year they have a new coach, whom in his prime was voted the 3rd greatest Essendon player of all time (over their almost 140 year history)

Essendon_logo_2010.png

Ydahs

GO GO ST. KILDA!

How good was live footy last night (well at least in Melbourne)? Back to CH7 one hour delays though which absolutely sucks.

Ydahs said:
GO GO ST. KILDA!

How good was live footy last night (well at least in Melbourne)? Back to CH7 one hour delays though which absolutely sucks.

Agreed.

Can't stand their commentary but as far as coverage goes, Ten are head and shoulders above Seven.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
border said:

Hawthorn. Great team to watch, and not guaranteed to be successful. People have them ranked anywhere from 2nd to not even making the playoffs.
They have some of the best, most exciting players in the league, and don't show their dicks to minors.

DaMan121

_Alkaline_ said:
Agreed.

Can't stand their commentary but as far as coverage goes, Ten are head and shoulders above Seven.

Dennis Cometti is generally good, but his humour is 50/50 at best. But my god, how fucking corny are 7s promos? This one before the Cat Saints game was just stupid beyond belief.

fisheyes

Ydahs said:
GO GO ST. KILDA!

In Radelaide we got last night's game on a Channel 7 style delay. Fucking sucks. Our first live game of the season will be tomorrow when we smash the Collywobbles... but I'll be at work. Totally lame.

Ydahs

legend166 said:
Shady, I'm getting this as one of the options in the side bar of your page:

function (obj){ for(var i=0; i
Which page is this and which side bar exactly? I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Also if possible, can you tell me which browser you were using? edit: don't worry about it, I managed to fix it :)

Speaking about my website, tonight I had over 700 absolute unique visitors. My initial goal was to have 15-30 using the site on a regular basis by the end of the year, so things are looking pretty good for the second game of the year :)

My server is getting hammered

Ydahs

Shaneus said:
Oh, hi thread!

St. Kilda :lol
:(

We were awful delivering to Roo. He had a few on him each time and we still went to him...

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

Think we should have won, but Geelong still shows they have it. Very impressive comeback with Bartel tearing us apart in that second half.

border

guidop said:
Depends, do you like underdogs? Smaller teams? Successful teams? I could recommend a team unbiasedly if you gave some info on other teams you support and what characteristics you like from a team

I just like teams that turn out exciting games and have energetic players. I don't want a team that just trounces the competition all the time, nor do I want one that's always up against the wall. Who's the best fit? So far it looks like most teams have 10-12 games on the ESPN schedule, so I could pick almost any of them.

HolyCheck

anyone know of a site where I can check things like which team has the youngest average age and what not? I just woke up and I need to make an argument on facebook.

legend166

So, I thought Collingwood were supposed to be the sporting powerhouse of Australia? With 65,000 members which would dwarf anyone else?

So in the first game of their premiership defence, they draw a crowd of 35,000?

lol

HolyCheck

legend166 said:
So, I thought Collingwood were supposed to be the sporting powerhouse of Australia? With 65,000 members which would dwarf anyone else?

So in the first game of their premiership defence, they draw a crowd of 35,000?

lol

I wouldn't want to see port play either :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom