• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
2hocxs6.jpg

2a5cj1h.jpg

We're Moving Forward.

Like Australia itself, we've outgrown ourselves and moved to our new home in the online section. A place to call home on NeoGAF for all Aussies.

Credit to Bernbaum for the original banners, I made them look even worse.

Here is a list of sites for news about games and buying games in Australia.

AusGAF Gamertag, PSN, Wii, Steam Usernames
Edit your details in so you can play games with us - we're awesome

Submit your information here!

View the AusGAF Online name Spreadsheet

Local sites for news

- PALGN - Multiplatform
- Vooks - Nintendo
- Xbox World - Obvious
- Kotaku AU
- Aussie-Nintendo
- Internode News
- IGN AU
- Gamespot AU

Bargain Watch
- EcoGamer <-- Best
- PALGN - Has newsletter

Retailers Local
- DVDCrave
- TopShop
- GamesWarehouse

Retailers (Import)
- Play-Asia - Expensive, but usually has everything from Asia and the US
- CDWow - Great 90% of the time, can have stock issues on anything not "In Stock".
- 365games - Never mind the naff layout, cheap games, quick postage.
- Yes-Asia - Another source like Play-Asia

Import Retail Information (such as postage, problems) can be found here

If you want some sites or retailers added or a note about a retailer PM it to me.

NEVA FORGET

2iglxqe.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Mar said:
My new home. Never been to the online forum before.

I'm scared. Hold me Vook.
Welcome! This place is actually quite nice. Traffic is slower, threads are tidier, and there's order here.

Now just repaint your mailbox to match everyone else's and we'll be just fine.

VOOK

Ventron said:
Needs more Paul Hogan "that's not a knife, this is a knife".

(He then puts the knife into Kevin Rudd's back)

I tried to find a good knife clip art on Google for Rudd's head on the banner but gave up.

vanty

Just noticed the old thread has 1111 at the end of URL, that's pretty cool. But the new one has 404166. omg 404s and legend166!&#^!&#^&!!!! It's an omen.

Should put the Steam group and "PM cookie to join blahblah" in the OP if anyone is going to read it from now it.

Shaneus

That banner hurts my netbook :(

Otherwise, new home is new... and sticky. Who spilled portello all over the place?!?

Ventron

VOOK said:
I tried to find a good knife clip art on Google for Rudd's head on the banner but gave up.

I suck at Wacom but I tried anyway:

15fn0c8.png

viciouskillersquirrel said:
It's like we're like society's outcasts dumped on a new and empty continent against our will.

Well done sir.

That banner is a masterpiece.

I can't help thinking "Twice the price, a year late and still moving backward" would be a more fitting thread title, what with the possibility of Tony Abbott as PM and all. *shudder*

Mar

I was going to combat the Ricki Lee insanity by posting a picture of an actual Australian woman worth fawning over. But upon thinking about it, I couldn't come up with any.

Australia, the average woman on the street is better looking than our celebrities.

VOOK

Mar said:
I was going to combat the Ricki Lee insanity by posting a picture of an actual Australian woman worth fawning over. But upon thinking about it, I couldn't come up with any.

Australia, the average woman on the street is better looking than our celebrities.

*shakes fist*

Mar said:

As much a I enjoy Ricki-Lee, Yvonne Strahovski has to be the hottest Australian female, IMHO. I have such a ridiculous crush on her.

rass

wooo!

BanShunsaku said:
As much a I enjoy Ricki-Lee, Yvonne Strahovski has to be the hottest Australian female, IMHO. I have such a ridiculous crush on her.
10 seconds on google image search has me agreeing with you

Mar said:

This is.... quite true, actually. At least for the women who get mega-famous.

I've met plenty of women hotter than the Jeniffer Hawkins, Megan Gales and Ricki Lees, Sarah Murdochs and Lara Bingles of the world.

Of course, then you come across lower profile celebs like Miranda Kerr or Rose Byrne and my entire argument becomes invalid.

giri

Mar said:

Miranda Kerr.

I never got Ausgafs ricki lee obsession.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
This is.... quite true, actually. At least for the women who get mega-famous.

I've met plenty of women hotter than the Jeniffer Hawkins, Megan Gales and Ricki Lees, Sarah Murdochs and Lara Bingles of the world.

Of course, then you come across lower profile celebs like Miranda Kerr or Rose Byrne and my entire argument becomes invalid.

The ironing, i was going to add rose byrnes name, but then thought most here wouldn't know who she was.

hamchan said:
AusGAF likes fat chicks.
Ain't nothin' wrong with a bit of junk in the trunk. Ricki Lee is far better than the near-homogenously blonde, blue-eyed stick figures who pass for Australian celebrities.

Also, Ricki Lee's face is gorgeous. I also always kinda had a thing for Jessica Mauboy. Oh, and Isla Fisher.

Clipper

Dang. I can't say I like this setup. I usually check AusGAF when it shows up on the first page of the threads. I'll never see it over here.

And the subscription thing on GAF has never worked for me. I always assumed it was disabled as I have never once received an e-mail about the Homebrew thread being updated, even though I'm subscribed with e-mail notifications according to my CP.

Edit: I'll point out that yes, I can view my subscribed threads if I actually click the button for the subscribed threads, but that is pointless as I just use Firefox's address completion stuff for the threads I check all the time, and AusGAF hasn't been that way...

Mar

I have no idea who any of these people are that you are all mentioning. Hell, I didn't even know who Ricki Lee was until she infested AusGAF.

Gazunta

YEAH RICKI LEE!!!!!!!!

Not sure if anyone cares, but Borders Australia has a 35% off online code for today only: BAU-180810

Free shipping too.

I'm trying to save but i couldn't resist :(

giri

Mar said:
I have no idea who any of these people are that you are all mentioning. Hell, I didn't even know who Ricki Lee was until she infested AusGAF.

Miranda Kerr is an aussie Victoria Secret Model, and the face of David Jones now, grew up in toowoong or something? around brisi. Smoking hottie. Though i'm not sure she's your type, she's small and petite, you seem to like the taller gals (Belucci comes to mind).

Kritz

Banned
Oh, and here's some general info for any newbies that might be wondering what the gosh darn fuss is about AusGAF:

Join the AusGAF steam group. The majority of the cool kids hang out in the AusGAF group chat in Steam, and it's how we co-ordinate games and general dicking around. We will also pressure you to buy stupid games you'll only play once but because they're 50% off, everyone must buy them.

PM evlcookie to get into the group. Even though I appear as an admin, I have no powers to let you into the group. Evl does all user management.

That's pretty much the only super important thing you should do if you wanna get tight as butts with the gang. Though there's still gonna be a billion people posting in this thread, so it's not critical to join. But it's always nice to have more duders to play with.

Oh, and not everyone has such a mangling grasp of English sentence wording as me. I just like crossing the lines between bastardisation and flourishing. Like they say, you can't kill a bird without breaking a few omelettes.

Mar

giri said:
Miranda Kerr is an aussie Victoria Secret Model, and the face of David Jones now, grew up in toowoong or something? around brisi. Smoking hottie. Though i'm not sure she's your type, she's small and petite, you seem to like the taller gals (Belucci comes to mind).

Belucci style girls was a short phase I went through. Not into the buxom style anymore. The type I'm into these days (and have been for a number of years now) is what I term thyss (pronounced thighs) women. Tight, Hot, Young, Small and Sexy.

Ever since I started the gym really.

Rahk

I am the proud owner of a brand new motorcycle.... learner licence. Woo. Now I need a motorbike.

If cookie makes it here alive, you can get some unique bags at http://www.rushfaster.com.au. I prefer messenger bags, but if you want a backpack they have those too. I think you're probably better off getting a messenger bag though. Easier to carry, take off and looks better on adults. I've bought two bags from them, and they're pretty fast with shipping.

Current one I use is this: http://rushfaster.com.au/p/j-fold-nylon-messenger-bag-black/JFOLD-5682/

Has plenty of room for my everyday things considering the size of it. Can also pack a few clothes if I'm staying the night somewhere.

I'll probably get one of these for use on the motorbike: http://rushfaster.com.au/p/chrome-corsair-small-messenger-navy-red/CHR-BG-118-NBRD-000/ or the slightly larger one: http://rushfaster.com.au/p/chrome-citizen-medium-buckle-messenger-black/CHR-BG-101-BKBK-102/

A lot of them are fairly expensive, but there are some nice ones for around $100. I guess that's still pretty expensive, but they're all good quality and you can't really buy them from the shops here (unless there are specialty stores I'm unaware of).

The bag before the J.Fold I bought was Ben Sherman for $50 at Myer and the zipper broke after a couple months.

Dead Man

Ventron said:
Labor wants to force mobile games to get classified:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/plans-to-classify-phone-game-apps/story-e6frfro0-1225905922092

Bye bye Aussie indie market...
Ugh. If they want that, they need a free classification service where you just submit the game, and they come back with a rating. I see they are worried about unpaid fees though, so that will never happen. And why is it only games that need to be classified? What about all the other apps? Do DD comics or such things need to be classified? Who pays for that?

giri said:
I don't get the Miranda Kerr love, she has a squished head. Hot body, but a squished head. She looks like someone took a chipmunk and shaved its head. Not sexy.

Mar said:
Belucci style girls was a short phase I went through. Not into the buxom style anymore. The type I'm into these days (and have been for a number of years now) is what I term thyss (pronounced thighs) women. Tight, Hot, Young, Small and Sexy.

Ever since I started the gym really.
I approve this message. I still love Belucci though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom