• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
elvis2.jpg

ELVIS PRESLEY CHESS SET FOR UNDER 20 DOLLARS

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=6461

HOPE THEY DONT RUN OUT OF STOCK >_<!

Arozay

rass said:
subscribe, then it's the same amount of clicks (2) -- 'user cp' then 'thread of choice'
I subscribed, then realised I could just click Online instead of Subscriptions and end up in the same place :lol

My Neogaf bookmark is gaming so it was usually 1 click if it was on first page :p

BSS

viewtifulsub said:
Also did EA bother with Rockband 2 in Australia? Or would it be best to hold out for RB3 with the new instruments? Devin Townsend announced collaboration with Harmonix to get his material out on DLC

RB2 never made it here. They're skipping it and going straight to 3.

Also what's this Dev announcement?

New thread... interesting... :l
Got two HSC trials tomorrow. Physics and PDHPE. So fucked. Hate Year 12. School used to be fun.

trinest

roosters93 said:
Got two HSC trials tomorrow. Physics and PDHPE. So fucked. Hate Year 12. School used to be fun.
Haahaa not my fault you pick shit subjects.

Yr12 can be as little or as much as you want it to be.

Rahk

BSS said:

So are they actually going to bring the instruments for 3 out here?

I want the Squier guitar and probably a keyboard. :3

hamchan

roosters93 said:

Physics is easy as long as you follow the dot points. The dot points pretty much cover every question they can ask you. If you can answer all the dot points you're set. Year 12 is easy compared to uni.

hirokazu

Ventron said:
Labor wants to force mobile games to get classified:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/plans-to-classify-phone-game-apps/story-e6frfro0-1225905922092

Bye bye Aussie indie market...
I have no problem having mobile phone games classified. It's either that, or don't classify games for any handheld systems at all. The disparity never made sense to me.

Indie games, well that's another matter with the exorbitant classification fees. This push for equal classification could be a good time to get momentum going to get those fees changed rather than complain about it.

BSS

Rahk said:
So are they actually going to bring the instruments for 3 out here?

I want the Squier guitar and probably a keyboard. :3

I'd say so. I'll get the keyboard for sure, and the Squier if it's not ridiculously priced.

Rlan

D.Lo said:
Took me a while to find this...

Honestly I found it odd they never had to be to begin with. And why did Wiiware/PSN etc games have to be submitted but not iphone games?

Will still hurt things, but consistency of policy is at least more fair.

Phone games were never rated because they were never this complex -- Bejeweled or Texas Hold'em was about as deep as they got.

The problem now is that games on iPhone and other app stores aren't being made by companies like other programs, but by some dude in a room -- much like Flash websites.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Rlan said:
Phone games were never rated because they were never this complex -- Bejeweled or Texas Hold'em was about as deep as they got.

The problem now is that games on iPhone and other app stores aren't being made by companies like other programs, but by some dude in a room -- much like Flash websites.

How long til we can't play unrated flash games on say Kongregate? :(

D.Lo

Rlan said:

Sure, but the exact same games do require classification on DSi/PSP etc. iPod touch isn't even a phone either. And game complexity shouldn't matter, any number of simple puzzle games have required classification for years on Game Boy etc.

Flash websites are free websites, if you're charging for something it's a product like any other.

Ideally there should be a quick and cheap classification system for downloadable games or something.

Kirby102

omg, when I don't read GAF at work, this happens... FFFFFFFUUUU- moving forward indeed...

Not looking forward for this election this Saturday D:

Rlan

D.Lo said:
Sure, but the exact same games do require classification on DSi/PSP etc. iPod touch isn't even a phone either. And game complexity shouldn't matter, any number of simple puzzle games have required classification for years on Game Boy etc.

Flash websites are free websites, if you're charging for something it's a product like any other.

It's a requirement enforced by companies like Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo in order to publish in those territories. Apple on the other hand started off with a very small store for them specifically, which they then expanded for anyone to add to much later on.

Either way, Apple will fight it anyhow. The article sounds more like they're grumpy they're not raking in thousands of dollars to rate a game like Mega Smash

Ideally there should be a quick and cheap classification system for downloadable games or something.

Which is what Apple HAS, but (I believe) Android doesn't.

Rahk

Isn't there only a small amount of people who rate games? I don't see how they'll rate iPhone games in a timely manner. I guess we do wait 6 months for
Nintendo
games usually, so why not iPhone?

rass

VOOK said:
New iMac get :D

http://i34.tinypic.com/24fl44h.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
nice!
TPG has a new (i think) plan - $60 a month, 150gb peak, 350gb off peak (:lol) including phone line rental. Compared to netspaces $60 a month for 40gb total naked plan it seems like a bargain. Only a 6 month contract too (y)
Anyone know of a better value plan? $60/mo is the absolute top end of the budget, we were aiming at $50/mo. I'll be applying tonight. Has to either be naked or include line rental though.

giri

rass said:
nice!
TPG has a new (i think) plan - $60 a month, 150gb peak, 350gb off peak :)lol) including phone line rental. Compared to netspaces $60 a month for 40gb total naked plan it seems like a bargain. Only a 6 month contract too (y)
Anyone know of a better value plan? $60/mo is the absolute top end of the budget, we were aiming at $50/mo. I'll be applying tonight. Has to either be naked or include line rental though.

If you're planning to game, TPG gets horrible pings due to plans like that clogging their network.

rass

giri said:
If you're planning to game, TPG gets horrible pings due to plans like that clogging their network.
hmm, been on tpg at my parentals' for the last 2 and a bit years, haven't had too many problems. Hadn't thought of it that way though. It's an excessive plan for what we need - I watch a 90 minute webinar every couple of weeks, play an assload of games and look up various streaming video sites, maybe I'll look for something a little less ott

in unrelated news:

2jaatdd.jpg

wtf are you thinking inDesign?

Shaneus

Back to loving Australia Post again! Before my PS3 was to be returned to the sender, it went to the dead letter office where they noticed it was missorted and is now going to the correct address. I should have my PS3 today or maybe tomorrow.

Happy birthday me!

giri said:
Whenever there is an influx of new TPG users due to new cheap plans, yea the peak hour pings will be affected due to the exchange being hammered.

Though i haven't had any issues regarding my ping since April.

BSS said:

New instruments it is. Thanks for the heads up
Devin Townsend announced that the Ziltoid album will make an appearance on DLC, which alone is enough to get me back into Rock Band.
Well looks like Devin announced this already so it must be ok to talk about.

Devin is working with us to release the full Ziltoid album on Rock Band Network.

He's going to go in and tweak the album to make it more applicable to the game. (Meaning adding solos, maybe having the Ziltoid character taunt the players during songs, those types of things.)

This is just the beginning as Devin wants to bring a lot of his material to the game.

rass

BanShunsaku said:
Should I buy?
a thousand times yes.

gf and I tried to watch 'meet the spartans' after community last night, made it about 10 minutes in before we bailed. What a horrible, horrible 'film'
horrible

Rahk

Sorry Kritz. Seeing Scott Pilgrim tonight, but I'll definitely send the xbox tomorrow for sure
maybe

Spectre

Dead Man

Spectre said:
Internode has much cheaper plans with reasonable quota - http://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/fibre_to_the_home/nbn_plans/

I was stunned by the 8Mbps upload - I haven't been following the NBN a lot lately, surely that's not the highest planned speed, is it? If not, I hope they're not restricting it to businesses like I imagine they will with the 1Gbps speeds like they recently announced.
Why did I even dream of larger quotas? Surely they have to offer more data than that, right?

Spectre

Dead Man said:
Why did I even dream of larger quotas? Surely they have to offer more data than that, right?
It's still the first stage, so I guess things will change as it's rolled out properly.

Still, there's something that makes me want to see people try do all these conferences to Korea and dynamic electricity company choosing for dishwashers that Conroy and Gillard keep flapping on about with only 15gb of quota.

Dead Man

Spectre said:
It's still the first stage, so I guess things will change as it's rolled out properly.

Still, there's something that makes me want to see people try do all these conferences to Korea and dynamic electricity company choosing for dishwashers that Conroy and Gillard keep flapping on about with only 15gb of quota.
Yeah, hopefully it gets better, but also I sort of want to see that too! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom