• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2012 |OT| Kevin Sheedy 2.0 [RIP John McCarthy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic win from the Saints. Shame they couldn't pull it together last week. Surprised they gave Essendon, of all teams, a trashing.

maladroid

Great win by the Saints. Shame they couldn't do this to the teams they're amongst in the ladder (bar Carlton, of course). Amazing stat: Prior to this, the Bombers' loss deficit was a total of 11 points for the entire season so far.

Was a great game to watch though, excellent foosball. Next Friday's game against Carlton should be a ripper :)
Yup, really important match for both clubs. Not too confident about it.

In other news, key Blues mid Kade Simpson will be out for at least 4 weeks with a broken jaw. He hasn't been outside of the team since Round 15 in 2005. I guess his streak ends at a full 7 years? It's been indicated that Wellingham will most likely get 4 weeks. If he only gets that, seems like a let off to me. The injury caused to Murphy was a result of two players going hard at the ball. This was a reckless, unnecessary collision caused by only one player who had no eye on the ball whatsoever. What's up with opposition players injuring Carlton mids? Carrazzo out for 9 weeks. Murphy out for at least 8. Simpson out for at least 4. We've got North, the Tiges and Sydney in the next 4 weeks. Thanks a lot.

Ydahs

Since when was Simpson seen as a soft player? Been hearing it from a lot recently, but I always saw him as courageous.

Also, superb win from the Saints. Our best in a long time. Dominated all game and in all aspects of it. Glad to finally get a win over the Dons.

Love him or hate him, you've gotta respect the great footy career Milne has had so far:

58055_15_1.jpg

One of our finest.

maladroid

I have no idea. Maybe because he wears a sleeved jumper? :p I've heard it about Murphy, and then he got injured the way he did. As long as there are players like Darling, Schuey, Selwoods, Jetta, etc etc in the comp, I don't think Simpson belongs anywhere near that category.

It's been a long time between drinks, but what a time to get such an emphatic win. With such a confidence boost, I wonder how they'll fare against Brisbane up at the Gabba.

Loss, Win, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Bye (Win?), Loss, Win, ?

I don't think you can question the impact he's had, but kind of have to hate him as a non-Saints fan, haha.

What's the difference between the number 6 and 7 sides (at the start of the round)? One can demolish a wooden spoon contender by 25 goals, and the other can barely muster a 25 point lead.

They really need to review the in the back and holding the ball rules. How can a player have enough time to take a few steps and attempt a fend off, get tackled and make no legal disposal and not be pinged for holding? Ridiculous.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
They really need to review the in the back and holding the ball rules. How can a player have enough time to take a few steps and attempt a fend off, get tackled and make no legal disposal and not be pinged for holding? Ridiculous.

Yeah, this is irritating me this year. I think they've changed the rules a little bit where they only need to see an attempt at disposal, even if they drop it or w/e.

As for the game today, what a weak display from Geelong. Of all the teams to struggle against... Good to see Chapman play a good game though.

tris

Neo Member
What I couldn't figure out from the Saints game was how a player can take a mark, play on and get tackled and it isn't holding the ball. Even though he got tackled straight after he played on surely there was prior opportunity.

Was good to see the Saints get a win over Essendon, been a bogey side for a while...

maladroid

What a load of shit. How do you lay a selfish hit like that takes out a player for a month and only get three weeks?

Any player with more than five years experience who has not been found guilty of an offence attracting demerit points over the previous five years receives a 25% deduction.
He debuted in 2008. The only thing he's entitled to is the early guilty plea 25% reduction. 25% of 5 is 1.25. 1.25 does not equal 2.

So the AFL are blind to the shit decisions their umps make, deaf to legitimate player/coach criticism, and now shown themselves to be completely incompetent at basic math? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

gmx3J.png

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
What a load of shit. How do you lay a selfish hit like that takes out a player for a month and only get three weeks?

He debuted in 2008. The only thing he's entitled to is the early guilty plea 25% reduction. 25% of 5 is 1.25. 1.25 does not equal 2.

So the AFL are blind to the shit decisions their umps make, deaf to legitimate player/coach criticism, and now shown themselves to be completely incompetent at basic math? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, seeing him only get the 3 weeks feels like a huge joke. Any wonder they were so quick to accept it, they would have been laughing at his lighter sentence.

Here's a clarification on why he is eligible for the 5 year reduction:

couriermail said:
The Collingwood midfielder didn't make his AFL debut until Round 6, 2008 - four seasons ago. But he was given credit for a trouble-free 2007 on the Pies' rookie list where he played VFL.

"For the purposes of the tribunal record, both good and bad, the rookie list, scholarship list etc are counted because they're eligible to play in the AFL if you're upgraded," AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said.

"As it turned out Wellingham was upgraded in 2007 to be eligible for the senior list, but didn't play that year.

"In 2008 he was upgraded and played, so the fact that he's available for selection and continues to play in the VFL in that period means he's eligible to gather a good record or a bad record."

maladroid

Yeah, seeing him only get the 3 weeks feels like a huge joke. Any wonder they were so quick to accept it, they would have been laughing at his lighter sentence.

Here's a clarification on why he is eligible for the 5 year reduction:
With the 'statements' they were sending out last week.. Just seem like an inconsistent bunch of clowns now. The system is so broken. There was absolutely no chance they would have contested the guilty verdict, so why reward them? And if you know that's going to happen, why don't you account for it so that he actually gets the punishment he deserves?

And yeah, saw that they added the rookie year in after I posted. Didn't change it cos I still think it's stupid. Only played 4 and a bit seasons? We'll add these years you weren't in the senior team so you can get another week off for being a coward and breaking a guy's jaw! Oh well, what's done is done. Regardless of the weeks, he's tarnished his reputation.

God, thinking back to Kade convulsing on the ground and the reaction shots of Pies fans clapping.. ugh. Makes me sick.

jambo

dTNJil.jpg

Friday July 13th
North Melbourne vs. Carlton @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday July 14th
Melbourne vs. Fremantle @ Etihad Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Essendon @ AAMI Stadium
Richmond vs. Gold Coast @ Cazaly’s Stadium
Geelong vs. Collingwood @ The MCG
Brisbane vs. St Kilda @ The Gabba

Sunday, July 15th
Greater Western Sydney vs. Adelaide @ Skoda Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Hawthorn @ Etihad Stadium
West Coast vs. Sydney @ Patersons Stadium

jambo

I went with

Carlton (by 25)
Fremantle
Essendon
Richmond
Collingwood
St Kilda
Adelaide
Hawthorn
West Coast

Still not entirely sure about the Eagles vs. Swans game, it's going to be an absolute cracker!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I went with

Carlton (by 25)
Fremantle
Essendon
Richmond
Collingwood
St Kilda
Adelaide
Hawthorn
West Coast

Still not entirely sure about the Eagles vs. Swans game, it's going to be an absolute cracker!

I think there's a few this week with potential for great games.
I went 3 different than you. I normally play it pretty sensibly but this week I went against the favourites for some reason.

jambo

I went 3 different than you. I normally play it pretty sensibly but this week I went against the favourites for some reason.

There have been a lot of big upsets this year, perfectly reasonable to tip that way. I don't have any stats, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were more upsets this year than any of the last few seasons.

maladroid

Bunch of dirty kents, these blokes. You're already winning. Why do you have to resort to such thuggery?

This is what happens when the mrp don't do their fucking job and let shitheads like wellingham launch off the ground into opponents without (appropriate) punishment.

Get off the field, ump.

Tuohy out. Walker out. Joseph out. Yep.

Seriously ump. Fuck off.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Well... I picked North to win but I didn't pick the thrashing. I thought after the Geelong win they were hugely overrated and it showed with them putting in numerous poor games over those following few rounds. But since the Adelaide win and further wins against Saints, almost West Coast and now Carlton they seemed to have really turned their season around. You'd think with their fairly easy run home they should be good enough to get the 13 wins needed to make the 8.
With them finding form it makes it harder for other clubs, like Geelong, St Kilda and Carlton, to find their place in the fast closing 7-8 spots.

Carlton can still make but sounds like injuries are killing them.

Bunch of dirty kents, these blokes. You're already winning. Why do you have to resort to such thuggery?

This is what happens when the mrp don't do their fucking job and let shitheads like wellingham launch off the ground into opponents without (appropriate) punishment.

Get off the field, ump.

Tuohy out. Walker out. Joseph out. Yep.

Seriously ump. Fuck off.

I didn't see the game, what caused this response?

Carlton always grow an extra leg when playing Collingwood. They played great that game but they still a off the pace by a fair bit. North looked great last night and destroyed them all over the park. Carlton will struggle to make the 8 even though they have a good draw. North and Tigers will be a game clear after this week and have easy draws too.

Judd might be in some hot water for yet again being a dirty dog.

midonnay

West coast v swans might be the biggest thrashing of us yet at Subiaco Oval... >_>

Judd is getting hung and dry on Bigfooty hehehe....

Personally I think it was just a bad accident.... the video didn't look like it was malicious....

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
West coast v swans might be the biggest thrashing of us yet at Subiaco Oval... >_>

Judd is getting hung and dry on Bigfooty hehehe....

Personally I think it was just a bad accident.... the video didn't look like it was malicious....

I picked the Swans to win. Who really knows what's going to happen though? I've doubted West Coast a few times this year and they've gotten up and won each time.

The Judd incident was just bizarre. I can't understand what he was thinking. Was he trying to stop him from handballing? It was just stupid. Even if it was an accident he should get a week at the very least for causing an injury to someone.

Blaming the umps for a 60 point loss?

I thought there may have been another Wellingham type incident.

midonnay

I picked the Swans to win. Who really knows what's going to happen though? I've doubted West Coast a few times this year and they've gotten up and won each time.

Two of our loses against Essendon and Brisbane coincided with Luke Shuey either being missing suspended or useless through injury.

We're are already a one dimensional team with few X-factors and without him we lack creativity in the midfield.

On top of that, we lose two of our forwards in Lynch and leading goal kicker Josh Hill (on top of already losing our 3 top scorers from last year for most of the year).

The swans would have to choke pretty bad not to give us a drubbing.

The Judd incident was just bizarre. I can't understand what he was thinking. Was he trying to stop him from handballing? It was just stupid. Even if it was an accident he should get a week at the very least for causing an injury to someone.

Photo suggest that he could have been trying to get Adam's arm away from the ball. (either to allow a teammate to swipe the ball or to stop Adams from getting it out)

W0bu8.jpg

midonnay

Melbourne is taking their tanking abit too seriously :/

edit: oh they had injuries...... explains freo's 11 goals in a row I guess.....

maladroid

Well done Suns. Hunt of all people the match winner, haha.

Think it looks pretty clear now. With Geelong's draw and form, I think they'll miss the 8 (sorry Andiie). Kangas and Saints for the 8.

Well... I picked North to win but I didn't pick the thrashing. I thought after the Geelong win they were hugely overrated and it showed with them putting in numerous poor games over those following few rounds. But since the Adelaide win and further wins against Saints, almost West Coast and now Carlton they seemed to have really turned their season around. You'd think with their fairly easy run home they should be good enough to get the 13 wins needed to make the 8.
With them finding form it makes it harder for other clubs, like Geelong, St Kilda and Carlton, to find their place in the fast closing 7-8 spots.

Carlton can still make but sounds like injuries are killing them.

I didn't see the game, what caused this response?
I've cooled down a bit, so I'd like to make it clear that the umps shoddy work (for both sides) had no effect on the overall result (but possibly the extent to which we got thrashed). North really looked good all across the ground and thoroughly deserved the win.

The first goal of the match was from a soft 50, which set the impression I had of the umpire. He was shit on both sides (see the Betts/Garlett run down of a Kangas player which resulted in a 'non'-handball). My initial outburst came about from the bump on Joseph in the second quarter. Second week in a row where one of our guys just had eyes on the ball, and an opposition player had no intention of marking just launched himself off the ground, resulting in a bump that took one of our players out for the rest of the match. There was a point where we were attacking and Carrazzo led for a mark and got bumped off the ball by an umpire. He called play on and it went to the Kangas and into their fifty. I think the last outburst was just about the inconsistency around paying frees against defenders. I'm seriously fed up with the way rules are enforced to dissuade defensive efforts (whether it's engaging in body contact in a marking contest, or tackle pressure).

I found it funny somebody on Shady's site said that Carlton were playing with a full team. No Waite, Laidler, Warnock, Hampson or Simpson before the match. Two underdone blokes rushing back in. Tuohy, Walker, Joseph injured on the night. Are you kidding me? You really think we'd resort to Watson rucking if we had a full complement? Give me a break. That match hurt our percentage just like the Hawks match, and we don't have a forward structure to generate amazing scores.

What Judd did was stupid. I won't defend it like the scum did Wellingham. Carrazzo already had him pinned, so grabbing his arm like that was unnecessary. I heard that player dislocated his arm? Stupid stupid. I can't tell from the video if it was from what he did alone, or if it was exacerbated when the other Kangas player tried to pull him away, but he should never got him in that position in the first place.

Yagharek

Judd is a worse and dirtier player than Barry hall or Greg Williams. Hell, even David Rhys Jones.

Eye gouging, twice. Pressure holds and dislocating an already injured shoulder. Should be stripped of his brownlows, the dirty cheating thug.

Jebus

WMy initial outburst came about from the bump on Joseph in the second quarter. Second week in a row where one of our guys just had eyes on the ball, and an opposition player had no intention of marking just launched himself off the ground, resulting in a bump that took one of our players out for the rest of the match.

That's a load of stinky poo right there. Ziebell went into that contest with full intention to take possession of the ball and with his eyes firmly planted on the ball the whole time (and even gets his hands on it in mid air), it was absolutely nothing like the Wellingham incident. Wellingham is weak as piss and had no other intention but to take Simpson out.

Eyes on the ball:

AFL+Rd+16+North+Melbourne+v+Carlton+XGs7klahPl0l.jpg

AFL+Rd+16+North+Melbourne+v+Carlton+-0lMU9w_Vesl.jpg

On the Judd incident, I actually believe a part of him really did want to hold Adams arm away so that he couldn't knock the ball out. The problem is the play had stopped and from a viewers perspective it does look very calculated. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

maladroid

That's a load of stinky poo right there. Ziebell went into that contest with full intention to take possession of the ball and with his eyes firmly planted on the ball the whole time (and even gets his hands on it in mid air), it was absolutely nothing like the Wellingham incident. Wellingham is weak as piss and had no other intention but to take Simpson out.

Eyes on the ball:

On the Judd incident, I actually believe a part of him really did want to hold Adams arm away so that he couldn't knock the ball out. The problem is the play had stopped and from a viewers perspective it does look very calculated. Will be interesting to see what happens there.
I hadn't seen those photos and my reaction just came from what I saw on TV: http://youtu.be/GQI_mkk9SdQ. It's shot from behind, and happened so quick, so it just looked like he led with his elbow. I concede that Ziebell's intention was genuinely on the ball, but I still think it was reckless. The incident followed the same sequence of events as last week: two players go towards the ball in the air, one launches themselves off the ground, they collide, and the one who kept his feet on the ground is left on the floor. Joseph got caught in the cheek (?) and concussed and played no further part in the game. Ziebell's intention may have been completely different to Wellingham's, but both incidents led to eerily similar results in back to back matches. It just made me wonder, if Wellingham got the punishment he deserved (how they came to the conclusion it was reckless instead of intentional, I still have no idea), would it have dissuaded players from launching themselves in a similar fashion to attack the contest? Perhaps, perhaps not, but seeing similar events transpire two weeks in a row to my team put me in a shitty mood.

Re: Judd. If he wanted to do that, he should have gone to ground with Carrazzo and held onto his arm from that distance. Him just standing there, and then the guy going off the ground to get medical attention doesn't look good. I had thought that maybe he pulled Adams' arm further than he wanted when Swallow(?) pulled him away and he was still holding on, but if you look at the replay, he holds it at an 'acceptable distance' then snaps it right, and then back to the original distance. Pretty dodgy, if you ask me. What do you mean when you say play had stopped? Are you referring to the contest? The ump didn't blow the whistle until he paid a free kick to Judd, of all people. If he's gone for a couple, I wouldn't be surprised. Stupid thing to do considering the games we've got coming up.

Jebus

I concede that Ziebell's intention was genuinely on the ball, but I still think it was reckless. It just made me wonder, if Wellingham got the punishment he deserved (how they came to the conclusion it was reckless instead of intentional, I still have no idea), would it have dissuaded players from launching themselves in a similar fashion to attack the contest? Perhaps, perhaps not, but seeing similar events transpire two weeks in a row to my team put me in a shitty mood.

Fair enough too. Ziebell goes into every contest as if the premiership is on the line, it's amazing to watch and it's what has given him such a cult following among North fans, but like you said it can be quite reckless, not just for those around him but also himself (2 broken legs already in his career).

What do you mean when you say play had stopped? Are you referring to the contest? The ump didn't blow the whistle until he paid a free kick to Judd, of all people. If he's gone for a couple, I wouldn't be surprised. Stupid thing to do considering the games we've got coming up.

Yeah I was referring to players realising the ball wasn't going anywhere and just standing still. Adams is SUUUPER important to our structure so I'm hoping he isn't out for the remainder of the year.

On a lighter note, Gold Coasts fight back in the last 4 minutes against the Tigers was amazing. Special K has stolen some of the limelight with the goal after the siren but it was a huge team effort to even get them back into the winning position.

maladroid

Sydney scary. We're gonna get absolutely smacked when they play us at Etihad.

Fair enough too. Ziebell goes into every contest as if the premiership is on the line, it's amazing to watch and it's what has given him such a cult following among North fans, but like you said it can be quite reckless, not just for those around him but also himself (2 broken legs already in his career).

Yeah I was referring to players realising the ball wasn't going anywhere and just standing still. Adams is SUUUPER important to our structure so I'm hoping he isn't out for the remainder of the year.

On a lighter note, Gold Coasts fight back in the last 4 minutes against the Tigers was amazing. Special K has stolen some of the limelight with the goal after the siren but it was a huge team effort to even get them back into the winning position.
Yeah, I can't say I'm familiar enough with Ziebell, so the recent Wellingham incident was the first thing that came to my mind. We really need more players like that in our side who'll just crack in. Night and day difference between him and Wellingham, then. I apologise if you took what I initially said as an assault on his character. (Over)reaction came without all the facts and frustration from both incidents.

And yeah, I get you now. Carrazzo had Adams covered. I thought he came back on the ground? I can't remember when the incident occurred, but I thought it happened before you guys chose to sub off Petrie, so I thought Adams was right enough to play. I hope he'll be alright.

I'll need to watch that match. The second last goal was pretty great, too. It probably shouldn't have gotten to that point, with them being 6 goals up at one point, apparently, but could you write a better ending? Two goals in the final 30 seconds, with the winning one kicked after the siren by the NRL turned Aussie Rules footballer.

Richmond are such an odd side. It's what happens when you only really pay attention to the team you support, but how you beat the likes of Sydney and Hawthorn, and also be the team who lose to Gold Coast, I have no idea. Scared of our clash with the Suns now, with the way we're going. :\

Ydahs

Been an interesting week of footy. I couldn't be happier for Hunt and Gold Coast. Superb win.

Also, Swannies continue to impress. Saints have them next week at the SCG. Should be interesting and while our contests are usually competitive, I think we'll have to play as good as we did against Essendon last week to even stand a chance.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Think it looks pretty clear now. With Geelong's draw and form, I think they'll miss the 8 (sorry Andiie). Kangas and Saints for the 8.

I don't mind too much. I accepted early in the year that we weren't the same team as previous years. Even making the finals we'd be knocked out first round anyway.

I think it's a race between Nth, Carl, Gee, Stk and Freo with an outside chance.
The way I see it, win 12 and hope your percentage is good enough to get you through, win 13 for an almost certain chance.

H= Ground favors you, A= Ground favors them.

7. Geelong (nine wins, six losses), 109.43 per cent

Should win: Bulldogs
Winnable: Essendon, St Kilda
Tough: Adelaide (H), Hawthorn, West Coast (A), Sydney (H)

10 wins, 2-3 more to get in.
One less game to win. Essendon due to missing players and their bad is terrible. Two home games is a positive but they're against two teams that are known to beat us down there.

8. St Kilda (eight wins, seven losses), 120.76 per cent

Should win: Bulldogs, GWS, Melbourne
Winnable: Geelong, Carlton
Tough: Sydney (A), Collingwood,

11 wins, 1-2 more to get in.
Not sure how good they really are, seem to give mixed signals. Could be the team who decide which team gets the 8th spot.

9. North Melbourne (eight wins, seven losses), 107.97 per cent

Should win: Richmond, Melbourne, Bulldogs, GWS (A)
Winnable: Essendon, Fremantle (H)
Tough: Collingwood

12 wins, 1 more for certainty.
Easy run due to form and neutral venues. Should be a lock for 7th.

10. Fremantle (eight wins, seven losses), 97.60 per cent

Should win: GWS (H), Richmond (H), Melbourne (H)
Winnable: Port Adelaide (A)
Tough: West Coast (H), Adelaide (A), North (A)

I feel they'll need to rely on other teams losing for them to get in. Weak percentage but only need to win comfortable at home to give it a handy boost.

11. Richmond (seven wins, eight losses), 107.02 per cent

Should win: Port Adelaide (H)
Winnable: Carlton, Brisbane (A), Bulldogs
Tough: North Melbourne, Essendon, Fremantle (A)

8 wins, 4-5 more to get in.
They're playing well under their potential. I don't see them making it even if they find form.

12. Carlton (seven wins, eight losses), 103.72 per cent

Should win: Bulldogs, Richmond, Brisbane (H), Gold Coast(H)
Winnable: Sydney (H), Essendon, St Kilda
Tough:

No real tough games due to favorable venues. I feel it all depends on themselves than other teams. (Injuries, losing any more players etc)

Just some thoughts. Anyone else wanna chime in?

fisheyes

I did the ladder predictor on the AFL website the other day and it gave me Kangas and Saint Kilda in spots 7 and 8, which lines up with how I think it will go anyway.

Cats will more than likely slip out, but after all these years I still find them extremely hard to write off. They'll beat the Bulldogs and probably the Saints, and I find it hard to believe they'll lose both their home games, though I do think they'll lose one, I think - toss a coin for whether its Sydney or Adelaide that beats them at home, either are capable of doing so (incidently, I think whichever does will end up with a top 2 spot). 11 Wins.

St Kilda have come out of nowhere these past 2 weeks to be a finals contender. I don't think they'll beat Geelong, Sydney or Collingwood, though Sydney's trip to Perth should make this week's a close game. They'll win the rest. 12 wins for 8th place.

Kangaroos should beat Melbourne, GWS, Bulldogs, Richmond and Freo (is the Freo game outside of Perth?), assuming they don't massively choke in yet another game. Won't beat the Bombers or the Collywobbles. 13 wins for 7th place.

Freo should beat GWS, Richmond, Melbourne and, sadly, Port. They'll lose the other 3. Percentage is horrible, and though they'll likely get a bit of a boost with their wins, they'll probably get thumped with their losses. 12 wins with a low percentage for 9th place.

Richmond are a fucking writeoff after last week. They'll beat the Bulldogs, and maybe Carlton if they're lucky, but I wouldn't even pencil in a game against Port as a win yet (Port seem to have a knack for winning the last game of the season and giving fans unreasonable hope for the coming year). 9-11 wins, most likely 10.

Carlton are shit. Remember how everyone was saying they were shit, then they beat Collingwood and all of a sudden everyone forgot briefly that they were shit? Well, they still are. They'll beat the Bulldogs, Gold Coast and maybe Richmond. They won't beat Brisbane, even in Melbourne. Nor will they beat Syndey, Essendon or St Kilda. 10-11 wins, most likely 10.

maladroid

He was averaging barely 70 in DT the 3 games before the bye, and he went up to an average around 120 after it. 4 weeks? That's like 4 byes! Imagine how great he'll be against the Dons. :D
In all seriousness, you've got 3 must win games in the next month, and you go and do that? Dumb thing to do.

Good breakdown there, Andiie.

I'll stick with what I said with North and the Saints.

nth melb
st kilda
fremantle
geelong
richmond

I really don't know what to make of the Saints, though.

Loss, Win, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Bye (Win?), Loss, Win, Win, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss?
(Sydney, Western, Collingwood, Melbourne, Geelong, Giants, Carlton.)

With my own team, I really don't know. Judd out for 4 weeks. Simpson out for 4-6. Walker out for a month. Two who would be in our 22 out for the season. Question marks all around how Waite will hold up once he returns. We lack the depth of other teams' lists, and so we're undermanned and our youth are too underdone to fill those holes. Our draw isn't as bad now, so there's still some hope, but how our midfield holds up without Simpson or Judd, and whether or not we can come up with a forward structure that can kick percentage boosting scores are some tough questions I'm not sure we can answer.

And Ziebell gets 4, even though they accepted that he had eyes for the ball and was competing for it..... what in the hell?
It's the MRP/Tribunal. Are you really expecting logic from them? They have their fancy-shmancy system and deemed it Negligent, High Impact and High Contact. That Wellingham incident just makes it all seem so arbitrary, anyway.

Yagharek

Been an interesting week of footy. I couldn't be happier for Hunt and Gold Coast. Superb win.

Also, Swannies continue to impress. Saints have them next week at the SCG. Should be interesting and while our contests are usually competitive, I think we'll have to play as good as we did against Essendon last week to even stand a chance.

Sydney seemed to have played a few games this year where they are out of the blocks quickly, then nearly lose it when the other teams catch up (eg Essendon's 9 goal 4th qtr).

They didnt let up vs WCE.

Sydney v collingwood or hawthorn would be a tasty matchup in the finals.

Also: haha judd you cheat. See you next month.

maladroid

B: P.Bower M.Jamison A.Joseph
HB: A.McInnes N.Duigan C.Yarran
C: B.Gibbs M.Robinson H.Scotland
HF: J.Garlett M.Watson E.Betts
F: D.Armfield B.Thornton A.Collins
Foll: L.Casboult M.Murphy A.Carrazzo
Int: T.Bell, E.Curnow, B.McLean & J.Russell

Emg: F.Dale, D.Ellard & S.White

IN: B.Thornton, J.Russell, P.Bower, L.Casboult & T.Bell

OUT: C.Judd (Suspension), A.Walker (Calf), M.Kreuzer (Hip), L.Henderson (Groin) & K.Lucas (Hamstring)

New: L.Casboult (Beaconsfield/Dandenong U18) & T.Bell (Morningside QLD)
Yup. See ya guys in 2013!

Seriously, though. Congrats to Bell and Casboult. Super good luck to Casboult. I mean, what are the chances that a No. 1 draft pick ruckman can't pull up due to rucking practically 100% two matches in a row, his relief suffers a season ending injury, their replacement is serving the second week of his one-week suspension, and you get a call while you're walking your dog that you'll get to debut in your non-preferred position?

jambo

dTNJil.jpg

Friday July 20th
Geelong vs. Essendon @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday July 21st
Collingwood vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG
Adelaide vs. West Coasst @ AAMI Stadium
Gold Coast vs. Brisbane @ Metricon Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide @ TIO Stadium

Sunday, July 22nd
Sydney vs. St Kilda @ THe SCG
Richmond vs. North Melbourne @ The MCG
Fremantle vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Patersons Stadium

jambo

Essendon (20)
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Brisbane
Carlton
Port Adelaide
Sydney
North Melbourne
Fremantle

First time I've tipped Port and Freo in a while. That Hawthorn Collingwood match should be a cracker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom