• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2012 |OT| Kevin Sheedy 2.0 [RIP John McCarthy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

santouras

I've gone with...
Essendon
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Carlton
Melbourne
Sydney
Richmond
Fremantle

Really hope WCE get up this week but I cannot see us beating Adelaide in Adelaide with our current forward line. Awesome that Beau is back but yeah, losing to Sydney has killed our chances at top 2. Did the ladder predicator and I reckon we'll finish 4th.

Ydahs

Good round of footy coming up. I've gone with:

Essendon (12)
Collingwood
Adelaide
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Melbourne
St Kilda
Kangaroos
Fremantle

Yagharek

I'm going to say this 7 hours before I rage at the inevitable result tonight, but this round has the potential to be the round of the year.

Geelong vs Essendon: Wounded premiers versus soft tissue team on the rise. Go Bombers! Expect a close game tonight.

Collingwood v Hawks: any other week it would be game of the round. I'm expecting a 30 goal shootout. Hawks just.

Adelaide v West Coast: I doubt WCE will lose two in a row, and cause an upset in Adelaide.

GC v Brisbane: dont care, trivial match but Brisbane will win easy.

WB v Carlton: Doggies to upset the Blues and put them out of everyone else's misery

Melb v Port: Port, easy.

Sydney v St Kilda: 1st vs 8th would normally be an easy pick, but Saints are in top form and I'm tipping them to walk this one in.

Richmond v North Melbourne: North Melbourne. This will be the best game of the round somehow, and North will end Richmond's finals hopes or near enough.

Fremantle v GWS: Fremantle have a free hit here to keep in touch with the 8, given Richmond and North play each other too. GWS will take their first big scalp in their history.

Yagharek

I'm writing off essendons finals chances now. A flogging vs the hawks next week and they will be at risk of missing the 8.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Love it. Been smiling up a storm the whole night. :)
Well done, Catters.

I went the other way. Changed from Bombers to Cats before I left work. Just had a feeling.

Yeah, I did the same but while at work. Couldn't change my online one though. :(

maladroid

Love it. Been smiling up a storm the whole night. :)
Well done, Catters.

Yeah, I did the same but while at work. Couldn't change my online one though. :(
Really well done by Geelong. Really wasn't expecting it (or rather, was really hoping it wouldn't happen). Saints, North and Geelong really going to have to tussle it out now.

Simpson, Judd, Robinson, Walker, Waite, Hampson, Warnock, Kreuzer, Henderson, Laidler, Tuohy.

Yup.

What a dumb 50. FFS.

THE FUCKING POST YOU FUCKING MORONS.

GET THE FUCK OFF GOAL UMP. YOU BLOODY IDIOT.

Edit:
Sydney, my gosh. If only they could kick straight. Etihad in two weeks. Roof on. Perfect conditions. We're going to get slaughtered..

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Saints let me down again... They had so much control over the Swans the whole night but their forward entries and the Swan's defenders killed them. Think this is the third time I've picked them for the upset and they haven't been good enough to get the win even though they dominate a lot of the game.

Edit: Lol, I'm looking at 4 if North lose this game. Missed Gee, Haw, Port, Syd and Rich. The worst offender was picking Melbourne, WTH was I thinking? They've still got all those injuries don't they?

Edit 2: Phew, what a game.

maladroid

So.. Lachlan Henderson is out for the season.

Laidler out for the season with a knee, Hampson out with another knee, Henderson out with a groin. Marc Murphy was out for 8ish weeks with a left shoulder injury, Carrazzo the same but to the right. Simpson out for 2-4 more weeks with a broken jaw, and Judd out for a further three due to problems in the head. What's missing? Yarran injured or out of form due to turf toe. Walker's calf. Robsinson's calf (and hand). Kreuzer's hip. Tuohy and Waite's back. We need a couple of hammies, and I think we've got the whole set. Anybody not play due to elbow soreness? Chuck in a couple of those, too.

We scraped through against the Bulldogs, but that match against the Kangas showed that despite the loss to the Suns (of all teams), Richmond are a notch or two above. Be nice, Tiges. Remember that we were kind enough at the start of the season to beat you by less than 10 goals. :\

/pre-emptive injury excuses

jambo

dTNJil.jpg

Friday July 27th
Essendon vs. Hawthorn @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday July 28th
Geelong vs. Adelaide @ Simonds Stadium
North Melbourne vs. Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Greater Wester Sydney vs. Collingwood @ Skoda Stadium
Carlton vs. Richmond @ The MCG
Gold Coast vs. Sydney @ Metricon Stadium

Sunday, July 29th
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle @ AAMI Stadium
St Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Stadium
West Coast vs. Brisbane @ Patersons Stadium

jambo

Hawthorn (30)
Geelong
North Melbourne
Collingwood
Richmond
Sydney
Fremantle
St Kilda
West Coast

I'd love it if we could get up over Freo, but I just don't see it happening.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I went almost all the same as yourself.

I'm not overly confident about Geelong beating Adelaide at Skilled. They're one of the few teams who consistently play well down there, I'm not sure how accurate that is though, I just remember them always being a tough matchup in Geelong.
I'm hoping the boys lift for Corey's 250th.

I couldn't pick Power either. I think the return of Fyfe is huge for Freo.

maladroid

It makes me wonder, is there anything like an umpire draft? Umpire retirement? Has this been the year that all the 'star' umpires retired and left us with the duds? The ones that can't tell when a ball has obviously hit a post and call it a goal. The ones that pay the softest 50s, while missing when somebody concusses a bloke or sling tackles them? The problem I have is that star umpires are the exact opposite of star players. When they're at their best, they're completely invisible. With the way the MRP are, the way the rules are, the way umpires are, it's a joke. They'd rather keep their fingers in their ears, rather than make it better.

2 bye season next year is out as well. With the amount of injuries this year, they really have to do something.

fisheyes

Lets change that 'Don't let North Melbourne take me for a walk, they can't hold a lead' meme to the Tigers now - thanks for ruining my tips, you useless fucks.

Good game, though.

maladroid

Wow, what a game. Absolute ripper.
Grats to Carlton.
MCCLEANNNNNNNNNN

Best match I've gone to this year. It was pretty crap for 2 and a half quarters, but dat finish. Casboult can take a mark, and that's about all he can do. He did unintentionally shepard McLean's pass for a goal, so I gotta give him that. He's underdone, much like the Carlton team in general, so for them to pull off the win was great. A team largely unchanged that took the Kangas to 4 points, versus a team worse on paper than the one that lost to the Kangas by almost 10 goals. No Walker, Henderson, Robinson, Judd. Gibbs is eternally soft (and if he showed the courage of our harder nuts, then that 'behind' wouldn't have been in doubt), but McLean has really stepped up. Thornton's tap assist to Garlett was genius. Really really wondering why he didn't get the call up till now. Congrats to him and Carrazzo for their milestone games tonight.

Bitter tiges fans yelling out that we won't make the finals this year as they walked past. I don't really care anymore. The injuries to key players, and the damage that's done to our structures is a valid out. We've beaten the Tiges twice, the Pies twice, so I'd like to see if we could muster up enough of an effort to at least beat the Bombers.

Edit:
Non-game moment of the night. Richmond kick away to a 13 point lead. Drunk Carlton fan loses it. Takes the chair he broke off when they went up by 7 and chucks it a couple of rows. Runs to the opposite side of the seating area and runs down the steps. Security goes up the side he was originally on. Just as he gets to the exit, he yells out to security and gives them the bird, and then leaves. Even if we lost, that would have been entertainment enough. Much better than those annoying richmond fans who kept yelling ball every time a richmond player laid a tackle. There's a thing called prior. A ruck tapping it down to a player who immediately gets tackled is not a time to yell out ball into my fucking ears. Ugh.

McLean keeping Carlton's season alive. Funniest thing I've seen in a while. They won't make the 8 but it's great to see they and Richmond and Carlton both out of the finals. lol

What a waste of a season this has been for the dogs. At least we will go down in history as having the worst forward line since recorded stats!!!

maladroid

I am also.
Haha, it's just that I'm pretty sure you were only talking about two teams, but referring to three.

Our season probably came to an end that night against the Kangas, but for now, taste the happy, Michael. :D With the reactions, you'd think we just won an elimination final or something.

Brock+McLean+AFL+Rd+18+Carlton+v+Richmond+hA478SNYcKll.jpg

Brock+McLean+AFL+Rd+18+Carlton+v+Richmond+PIoWpuii03yl.jpg

We're probably going to get absolutely smashed by Sydney on Sunday.

Speaking of smashed.. Carlton scumbag physically abuses 12-year old Richmond supporter. Probably isn't even the same douchebag who was abusing that girl on telly, either. Both absolutely pathetic. AFL won't do anything, but I hope the clubs do. Ban that piece of shit for life. Yell as much abuse as you want at the umps, getting violent with fans, especially defenceless ones, is an absolute no go. Hope the Richmond club can do something for the young fella, as well.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of smashed.. Carlton scumbag physically abuses 12-year old Richmond supporter. Probably isn't even the same douchebag who was abusing that girl on telly, either. Both absolutely pathetic. AFL won't do anything, but I hope the clubs do. Ban that piece of shit for life. Yell as much abuse as you want at the umps, getting violent with fans, especially defenceless ones, is an absolute no go. Hope the Richmond club can do something for the young fella, as well.

Geez, what a prick.

jambo

dTNJil.jpg

Friday August 3rd
Hawthorn vs. Geelong @ The MCG

Saturday August 4th
Western Bulldogs vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Greater Wester Sydney vs. Port Adelaide @ Skoda Stadium
Fremantle vs. West Coast @ Patersons Stadium
Collingwood vs. St Kilda @ The MCG
Brisbane vs. Richmond @ The Gabba

Sunday August 5th
Melbourne vs. Gold Coast @ The MCG
Carlton vs. Sydney @ Etihad Stadium
Adelaide vs. Essendon @ AAMI Stadium

jambo

Hawthorn (26)
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
West Coast
Collingwood
Richmond
Melbourne
Sydney
Adelaide

I'm tipping Port Adelaide... what is this madness?!?!

EDIT: ....I have a feeling I may have gotten tonight's tip wrong.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
what a game, holy shit. i'm shaking. can't believe we pulled that off, lol.

Edit: I'm on cloud nine right now, I wanted that win so bad. Well done, Geelong.

midonnay

that was something out of a movie.

Billy smedts somehow steals the ball basketball style to get hawkins the first one and the last 20 seconds ... :O

jambo

I was listening to the ABC AM commentary in the last quarter, holy shit that crowd was loud.

Definitely going to record the replay, sounds like it was one of the matches of the season.

Shaneus

It really was. Geelong honestly should've been able to carry their lead from the first quarter through, but to snatch it in the dying seconds like that... I think I prefer that more than a dominating victory
3AQmK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom