• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Burner Climax delisted from XBLA/PSN [Still up on EU PSN?!]

LQX

Why don't they have fire sale if they are delisting it? There is no point in keeping the price the same if many would be inclined to buy it cheaper knowing it will soon be gone. Eitherway, bought it on XBLA years ago.

Mupod

I love how we only got it because Kamiya called in a favor at Sega. I of course bought it the day it came out. Oddly enough it was much better suited to my saitek flight stick than ace combat was, so I'm glad I got some use out of that piece of shit before it broke.

It's a short game but very very replayable, tons of fun and badass soundtrack.

gelf

I assume he means that after its taken down, piracy would be the only way to get it. Its the only time I personally can kind of accept piracy to be honest. Without it some games wouldn't be preserved.

But just buy it now people before its gone!

Shhitttt...I better get it soon. I've been wanting to get it since it came out, but haven't gotten around to it, for some reason, even though I've had the trial version sitting in my Xbox 360 for years... Actually, I've rarely bought any digital games...so I guess that might have something to do with it. Heh.

I was actually playing the arcade version the other day, by the way. I love arcade machines that require seat belts. Hah.

Edit: Bought it!

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
It's been out for over four years. Everyone interested had more than enough time to buy it for the whopping $10 asking price.
This is a dumb statement with a terrible sentiment.

It literally assumes that anyone interested in video games, now or in the future, instantly knows every game they'd ever be interested in and buys it in a small window of time.

Yes Boss!

Ugh, still guilty of never buying these. Gonna have to drop the $20 for both versions.

Definitely one of the sweetest licensed ever.

Bio-Frost

This is a dumb statement with a terrible sentiment.

It literally assumes that anyone interested in video games, now or in the future, instantly knows every game they'd ever be interested in and buys it in a small window of time.

Exactly. I own Outrun 2 and all its various versions(2006 on xbox, online on 360) but I never got around to buying the pc version of 2006. By time i knew it was going to get delisted from steam I had no money to buy it. Now i either don't play it or spend $100 + to buy a physical pc copy.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I got this game years ago when it was on sale for like $.99

It's worth about that much. Easy 100% Trophies if you're into that.

Monocle

Wow, I bought this ages ago after hearing how it inspired that one sequence in Bayonetta. One of my favorite XBLA games for sure. Shame it's going to be delisted.

Does this mean the iOS version gets delisted as well? It's basically the same game.

Also, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed uses some of the same planes. Presumably they have not lost the license for that.

White_sox

I wonder if they will have a price drop in the final few days. If I recall correctly, MvC2 was significantly reduced before it was delisted.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Already double dipped day1.

FYI, it works fantastically well with flight sticks on PS3 (never tried to hook my HOTAS to my 360 but NAMCO's AC6 Flight stick probably works).

Game is AWESOME.
How you'd imagine SEGA's arcade franchises would play and look these days if arcades were still as popular as back in the G-LOC/OUTRUN days.

Superb.

5taquitos

The worst part about it being delisted is that I'll have to go back through my PS3 Download list to find it instead of searching the Store page and downloading it from there. It's actually making my physically uncomfortable to think about, since it exists in the nebulous region of purchases made between 2008-2012.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Game is fucking amazing, everyone should buy this.

One question I have, though: which version is better, PS3 or 360? I seem to recall the 360 version was better, but who knows... maybe not.

Also curious for Daytona, as I imagine that's gotta be on the chopping block, too.

Eolz

One question I have, though: which version is better, PS3 or 360? I seem to recall the 360 version was better, but who knows... maybe not.

Always thought they were similar, but multiplats are usually better on 360, same for arcade ports.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Any chance they'll put it on sale right before it's delisted? Wondering if I should buy it right now or wait until the last minute in case they discount it...

Got it on sale on both XBLA & PSN. Maybe Sega will put it on sale once again a week before it's delisted.

Just glad they gave us a warning.

Yeah I remember Jojo being suddenly delisted everywhere except the US PSN store. Bought it then and there. Glad I did.

What a game. Definitely booting this up again soon, it's up there with Outrun 2006 as a shining example of how to update and arcade classic perfectly.

I have $20 of Xbox promo credit with seemingly nothing to do with, so consider this bought.

I'm glad when we can get a warning on stuff like this.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
IIRC they discounted the Marvel vs Capcom games right before getting taken down so I will wait till the last moment to see if this gets similar treatment.

IIRC they discounted the Marvel vs Capcom games right before getting taken down so I will wait till the last moment to see if this gets similar treatment.
We're kind of at the last minute now, but Tuesday is generally new XBLA sales rollover so another day can't hurt.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Me, too. Sounds like it will be pulled on Dec. 31?
Well OT says 24th so I will wait until the 23rd to see what happens. Some of you may think it's already $9.99 how much cheaper can it get? Well the Marvel vs Capcom games got a 50% discount right before getting taken down and I remember buying all the 3 titles (Marvel vs Capcom Origins, Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Marvel vs Capcom 3) for less than $4 each so a final sale is possible.

Shame it is being removed but I must say the game never really grabbed me. Probably since I never experienced it in the arcades. If you are looking for an HD arcade game on your console with super fast gameplay, good for quick sessions, then this could be up your alley.

Top Bottom