• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Robcop: Rogue City, Teyon should make a game based on…

HL3.exe

Both Riddick games are still better than anything from Teyon to this day, but i'm rooting for them.

Would love if Teyon would tackle the Starbreeze approach with Die Hard 1 for sure. Just one tower, open infiltration and improvisation problem solving. Having only 12 enemies to outsmart them in the whole game.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Wouldnt mind seeing them take a stab at Big Trouble In Little China. Use the original soundtrack by Carpenter (He'd be fully on board I guarantee) and turn it into an adventure/brawler sorta similar to something like Rockstar's The Warriors, but with a little more exploration and maybe some minor puzzle solving. Switch on the fly between Jack and Wang, with each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

Bring the actors on board. Even James Hong is still alive and hes pretty much fucking Lopan's age for real at this point. The only key actor that I believe isnt around anymore is Egg Shen (but he would still make an excellent merchant/upgrade guy).

Let me tell you about my dream game based off of one of my favorite movies without telling you about my dream game based off of one of my favorite movies.

I mean seriously is there no better suited soundtrack for a game? When this shit starts kicking in at 1:30 ohhhhhhh christ

VulcanRaven

Die Hard would be great and it should be based on the first movie. No original stories. One problem is that they would need to get someone to imitate Bruce Willis.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Die Hard Trilogy was a great game.

I don’t like the idea of Die Hard with a younger Bruce Willis, and sadly, he’s not in a mental state to perform the role well enough to pretend to be a younger John McClane.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Rambo!

vfBYbr2.jpg

midnightAI

Die Hard!

They’ve already done games based on Rambo and Terminator. Now Robocop is next.

Die Hard would be such an awesome movie to turn into a modern FPS! Think Chronicles of Riddick in Nakatomi Tower!

What other 80’s action movie would you want to see them try their hand at?
How does that work? McClane only shoots, what, 6 people through the entire first film? (I'm guessing you meant 'first person' and less shooter)

Anyway, the obvious answer is Demolition Man, that has some amazing locations that would translate well plus car chases and other set pieces (plus most actors are still on the biz)

Or...

The Raid ( although Sifu developer SloClap would prolly be better for that one)

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

VulcanRaven

How does that work? McClane only shoots, what, 6 people through the entire first film? (I'm guessing you meant 'first person' and less shooter)

Anyway, the obvious answer is Demolition Man, that has some amazing locations that would translate well plus car chases and other set pieces (plus most actors are still on the biz)

Or...

The Raid
They can just add more enemies. There have been games based on the movies before like Die Hard Trilogy and Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza.

Last edited:

Denton

I mean, Die Hard would be great, but I really want them to return to Terminator. There is still so much that can be done in that future war scenario. And give them bigger budget dammit.

CamHostage

I don't know, I think some of these franchises being suggested are too "smart" for the lunk brute approach that Teyon usually brings to its games. They're doing something more sophisticated with the precision design style of Robocop, but still, their games are based on pulling a trigger.

They already made Rambo, but maybe Commando might be their speed.

image.jpg

(*One problem, Capcom already has the Commando name in games.)

Last edited:

k_trout

Omen 3 - bare with me,
online asymetrical coop, there are 7 daggers that can kill Damien spread throughout the map, Damien can command animals to protect him
thats it lol

Red5

Predator, you don't have to stick to the movie, make a new story after it, with Dutch as the lead again.

Same for Die Hard, make an original story just like what they're doing with RoboCop.

Aliens works too, they can definitely do better than the shitshow Colonial Marines was.

RoboCain

I don't know, I think some of these franchises being suggested are too "smart" for the lunk brute approach that Teyon usually brings to its games. They're doing something more sophisticated with the precision design style of Robocop, but still, their games are based on pulling a trigger.

They already made Rambo, but maybe Commando might be their speed.

image.jpg

(*One problem, Capcom already has the Commando name in games.)

And hopefully they add a taunt button.

Last edited:
We had that one too. It was Homefront lol
Haha sure. I even loved Homefront: The Revolution being a Philadelphia native but come on, I want a licensed game, that's co-op, where everyone picks a character from the actual movie and shoots cold war era Russians. Kind of like that game Generation Zero just a lot more interesting.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Imagine the maps and the different regions of Fantasia. Jesus it would be sweet. It could even break the fourth wall and talk directly to the player!

Exactly. That world has so much untapped potential. All sorts of creatures and characters to create. And then of course tying in connections to at least the first two movies (but mostly the first...)

Like what if you had a Gmork that would eventually start stalking you throughout a la Mr. X from RE2R

Last edited:
Exactly. That world has so much untapped potential. All sorts of creatures and characters to create. And then of course tying in connections to at least the first two movies (but mostly the first...)

Like what if you had a Gmork that would eventually start stalking you throughout a la Mr. X from RE2R
Yes dude! Gmork is soooo good for a game villain. Even if it was open world or something maybe if you sit to long in one place he might find you. Kinda like the Slenderman games haha.

Top Bottom