• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Agents of Mayhem," Volition's new AAA game reveal trailer

So it's a Saints Row spin-off? It's got Ultor and the Fleur-De-Lis. I can't believe they made a nearly-5 minute trailer that told next-to-nothing about the game.

Mythos

The CGI Trailer was not that interesting, and no actual gameplay at all... i mean, come on, have no idea what you are trying to sell, and don't really care now.

Normally I hate CG trailers but I'm all in. Hopefully we see proper gameplay around E3. I'm glad its a Saints Row spiritual successor, they contextualized all the craziness to something that makes sense rather than the street gang angle.

Tizoc

So it's an exclusively single-player open-world action game featuring characters with cool guns, gadgets, and abilities to toy around with.
and sold!
Shame my lappy may not be able to run this well, but a good PS4 port can go a long way (as in solid 30 FPS, good loading, no scteen tearing etc.)

Dinda

I'm not a fan that they seem to continue the Saints Row 4 style. It just get's way to over the top for my liking (3 was just the right amount).

And please for the love of god don't tell me they got rid of character creation!
Those characters looked ok, but i want my custom Boss. That is like the most important feature in a Saints game for me.

Edit:
Pick from 12 premade agents? Fuck.
Why can't they just reboot the Series.

dude

dude
I thought it looked amazing. The art direction is pretty good, I quite enjoyed the 2d effect animations. I hope they can translate it successfully into real-time gameplay.

5 minutes ago I was burned out on the Saints Row franchise. Now I wish they would have just made another one. I can't stand the whole cartoon hero shooter art style that seems to be in a lot of recent games. I mean I fucking hate it. Also I'm tired of open world games.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Will wait until some actual gameplay comes out before forming an opinion, but that trailer was super dull.

Tiktaalik

Kinda reminds me of this.

overstrike.jpg

If this is an open-world action game like Saint's Row, then I'm down.

Yeah very reminiscent of the original trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYowhad_1mw

Tucah

you speak so well
It's up on Amazon with more details:

Pick your squad of 3 highly skilled and iconic characters from a roster of 12 uniquely designed MAYHEM agents, brimming with personality
Play as any of the 3 Super Agents you select to take into battle, and swap between them on the fly for greater gameplay depth
The technologically advanced capital of South Korea with its Open World cityscape is your playground to take down LEGION
Discover secret research centers concealed throughout Seoul, hidden enemy lairs beneath the glossy surface of the city, and nefarious plots to unravel
Inspired by an assortment of past and present pop culture revolving around super heroes, comics and Saturday morning cartoons

In a simultaneous global assault, LEGION has taken control of the nations of the world and the only force left to stop them is MAYHEM. Led by the mysterious and no-nonsense Persephone Brimstone, MAYHEM's elite Super Agents are called to the city of Seoul, South Korea. Led by LEGION Minister Doctor Babylon and his diabolical lieutenants, a nefarious plot is set in motion to build a world-altering device that will grant unrivaled power to the supervillain organization. In order to stop LEGION and take back the world, the Agents of Mayhem will traverse a sprawling urban battlefield from the ground to the rooftops and team up as a super-agent collective to stop LEGION at any cost. Success is far from guaranteed and collateral damage will be substantial, but it's all in a day's work for the Agents. The Agents of MAYHEM (Multinational Agency for Hunting Evil Masterminds) fuse together technology, weaponry and gadgets to create an all-out arsenal of futuristic warfare-and have absolutely no qualms about putting it all to use against their enemies. Featuring an original storyline, trademark over-the-top open-world gameplay, and the look-and-feel of a distinctive superhero cosmos, Agents of Mayhem is a true Volition game. This new IP is a part of the Saints Row universe, sharing certain story elements, symbolism, and design inspiration with the multi-million selling franchise. Building on the unique skill of the AAA studio to continuously surprise, endear, and engage players, Agents of Mayhem represents the culmination of over a decade of open world experience and creativity.

Looked intriguing? Nice to hear it's a single player game, thought for sure it was going to be a class shooter at first

Hard to get excited when you don't know what the game looks/plays like. The shot of the lady at the end had some definite style to it, though the playable characters looked kinda boring

Please tell me it will eventually have limited building destruction like in Red Faction: Guerilla.

I always assumed that Johnny Gat is Korean since his voice actor is Korean. I'm sure that tenuous link will be the one that ties the Agents of Mayhem world to the Saints Row world. Either one of Gat's family members will be the leader of the semi-good-guys, or Gat himself will be in a reboot of the previous world.

Single player only???
What an odd omission. That could be a huge mistake. With a title and premise like that I was expecting co-op. Doesn't make sense...

Kas

So Ultor, the totally not Fleur-de-lis, and the purple color scheme.

I'm guessing reboot. Or at least, reimaginging.

Trailer was shit but it being a single player open world game got my attention, looked entirely like a Co-Op game.

Maybe they're going for something Mercenaries-esque?

Bishop89

ahoy mother fuckers.

I liked the CGI trailer.

Reminded me of overstrike (pre-fuse) a bit
Edit: it seems like im not the only one.

Wait, this is single player and open world? Im guessing 3rd person. Well there is sci fi shit going on, so pretty cool.

Glad they're moving on from Saints Row for their new open world action games, the tie in to the original Saints Row was ridiculous by the 3rd and 4th, but they had to stick with the branding for marketability. I'd imagine this will turn out to be basically the same game as SRIV... which is ok, not a series I'd buy within the first several months of release, but one that I usually end up picking up for $20 and getting a few hours of fun out of.

Top Bottom