• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Agents of Mayhem," Volition's new AAA game reveal trailer

Digging the trailer. Looks like Overwatch mixed with The Division with Saints Row's irreverent humor (and it seems to be a Saints Row spinoff?)

AHOY, MOTHERFUCKAS!

Breads

Banned
Pretty cool seeing 2d composite effects in there but yeah.... this is no game in this trailer.

Yeah there's no way this isn't Saint's Row related. That logo IS the Third Street Saints.

There was a giant purple fleur de lis at the end with a character exclaiming "A street gang? Hardly." . Is this in doubt?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
CG-only trailer. No gameplay.

XujHL.gif

Hexa

I literally had no idea what to expect after seeing the trailer but was fearing the worst that it would be a MOBA. That it's a single player game still working on Volition's strengths from Saint's Row does instill more confidence in me so still interested. That was such a pointless trailer though. lol

Kurdel

Banned
Love the art style, looking forward to this!

The Hollyood stuntman skill is genius, can't believe we haven't seen it before.

Chuck

Still without luck
Someone should count how many times they say "Saturday morning cartoons" during their E3 coverage. Might top 1000.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
1.) I like the art style. It's oddly Gearbox, but it looks nice.

2.) The idea seems like it could have a lot of cool gameplay opportunities.

3.) The writing was really bad compared to Saints Row, and really bad in general.

4.) Removing co-op removes a lot of the appeal for me.

Based on the trailer in general, the art style, dialog and mention of open-world, this looks like one of the least interesting games I can possibly imagine being announced.

Dominator

That was pretty bad and wayyyyyy too long. But, seems like it's part of Saints Row somehow and if the gameplay is good I'll definitely give it a shot whenever it comes out.

Bate

This is what teenagers are supposed to like these days? Or what the Volition marketing and their focus group testing thinks they like? Whatever is the case, the trailer looks remarkably bland and boring.

5 minutes ago I was burned out on the Saints Row franchise. Now I wish they would have just made another one. I can't stand the whole cartoon hero shooter art style that seems to be in a lot of recent games. I mean I fucking hate it. Also I'm tired of open world games.

Yeah, that seems to be the default art style these days and it's an immediate turn-off for me. I have nothing against a cartoony style (love Wind Waker) but somehow in a lot of current AAA games they manage to make it look lifeless.

rhandino

Banned
I will buy and enjoy this just like I did with Saint Row 3 and 4 (haven't played the first 2) but I am a tiny bit concerned about this:

Inspired by an assortment of past and present pop culture revolving around super heroes, comics and Saturday morning cartoons
They say inspiried but most of the times is out of nowhere direct reference to something blatant so I hope the humor improve this time around BUT it's not a deal breaker, I enjoyed the in your face humor of the other games

kami_sama

Looks cool. Gameplay would have been preferred, but it's not as bad as some of you make it to be.

Also, I didn't think until the last moment it was a Saint's Row sequel.

_woLf

That trailer sure makes it look like it's going to be night-only, just like SR4 was.

Note: that was one of my absolute least favorite things about that game. If that's the case here, I couldn't care less how good the game is, I'm out. That shit just irritates me.

I am curious why they didn't call it Saint's Row 5, because that's obviously what this game is, or what it started as. Same style of humor that is getting a bit old to me, similar art style to 3/4, same color scheme...

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Considering how well saints row 4 played and how well the powers controlled, I'm down. Can't wait to see real gameplay!

I like Volition's work quite a bit, love the Saint's Row series and the direction it went but...this does not instill me with a lot of good feelings.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So the PC screen at the end got Ultor on them and that logo looks very SR style-ish.

Alright alright.

Now show me what we're actually doing.

Note: I would honestly have been more excited for a Saints Row 2 Remastered announcement, but I loved SR2 and SR3 and really liked Guerrilla and SRIV, so I'm willing to trust Volition on this new IP and get it as soon as it comes out. Their games might have some jank or performance problems, but the gameplay is typically always very fun.

dreamfall

It looks okay? I guess?

I think the heroes have a lot of personality - I just don't know what I was expecting. A new crime game or typical Saints maybe. This looks neat, definitely can't wait to see some gameplay- it's got a much more cartoonish vibe, maybe like Sunset Overdrive.

Here's hoping it's great!

Obviously hard to judge from a CGI reveal, but the promise of single player team gameplay is exciting. Plus, more open world stuff from the Saints Row team is fine by me.

I also like the artstyle. More directly cel-shaded than Saints, and with more color. Definitely has a 90s comic book vibe.

Kurdel

Banned
No co-op is unthinkable, holy shit.

But hey, if they can do more with the GTAV character swapping I am all in.

Jb

That trailer was way too long and generic but the elevator pitch IGN posted sounds interesting.

Top Bottom