• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ah screw it.....go ahead and state your HW biases....here...I'll start

LakeEarth

I was a huge Nintendo fanboy... now, not so much, as I own an Xbox and a 360. But I will be getting the Revolution the day it comes out. So I say I'm 50/50 Nintendo/Microsoft.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I always want to see as many games as possible developed with the best hardware in mind, whatever that may be. I buy every console, but every time a great game is made for inferior hardware, I weep for what might have been.
My last couple "consoles of choice" have been Dreamcast and Xbox. I have an X360 right now, and that's getting most of my attention. My preference for next, er, this gen is still up for grabs. I'll see how the PS3 hype pans out. I want it to thoroughly trounce 360 power-wise, but only because too much power is never enough.

Cosmozone

No Microsoft for me.
Everything else: hell, yeah.

I slightly favor Nintendo over Sony, but not by much, knowing that there are annoyances with every bigger company. However the GC is a nice piece of hardware, too, aside from the default colour (I got a platinum one which looks great, yay!). Too bad it didn't get enough support. And I still use the PS2 for watching DVDs. I don't own a standalone player.
Must have titles on both systems. Games I own are about even between the two with the PS2 ones forming a small majority. Probably formed by games that sucked like Galerians: Ash.

Fortunately my disgust for MS didn't hurt me so far. I'd be only interested in... hmmmm.... some multiplatformers perhaps. And some DOA, if they got rid of the horrible music that infested DOA2. I'd also be willing to try Halo although I truly suck at FPS.

EDIT: I've got a strong feeling that Revolution will rock so if I had to support only one company, it'd be Nintendo.

MaddenNFL64

I actually enjoy all 3 companies offerings, since my tastes range from games like Pikmin, to games like Halo 2, & Doom 3.

But if I had to fly some colors, it'd be Nintendo's. They had me at Mario :p.

I'd say Sony over MS by a little bit. Each of them piss me off to some degree that I can't be a fanboy of either of them. Sony pisses me off just a little bit less than MS, so they get the top spot.

Nintendo means nothing to me anymore. I still love their classic 2D stuff, but as it is right now I wouldn't even bat an eye if they went 3rd party.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
I don't really care, but since my daily work is Xbox, I'd choose that one. :)

All consoles for the win.

ivysaur12

Banned
Add me for Nintendo.

The only reason I have a PS2 is for the RPGs on the system (and some other games). I don't actually like Sony's hardware or their games (though ICO was ok). It would be foolish for some one to only own one console, however, and some of my favorite games this gen have been on the PS2 (though most have been on the Gamecube).

biggreenmachine

The bleeding edge of news reporting...
+1 for Nintendo.

I'm always pretty critical of them but in the end I have owned all of their hardware (-VB) and own and do most of my gaming on the GC, DS, Micro combo. :D It's not that I don't own/haven't owned others but.....

warthog

+1 for Sony

Sony has never let me down. I loved my psx and I love my PS2 and PSP. I will have a PS3, that's for sure.
Microsoft...I'm sure I would enjoy xbox/xbox 360, but I feel Sony is in the same league and they have more exclusives on their side that I like. When it comes to Nintendo. I enjoyed the NES and my old gameboy, but the GC disappointed me. I might give the Revolution a try, depends on what exactly it will turn out to be.

GM-PlugnPlay.jpg

It has 50 games build in. Every single one of them 1st party killer apps.

1 Console Future indeed.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
+1 Nintendo
+1 Sony

Although I've spent the majority of my console time on both Playstations over the last decade, I've played Nintendo's games far more than any other developer's in the same period. And I like my PSP, but I really like my GBA, and I love my DS. Xbox was my least-played console ever, somehow beating the Cube.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Well, I loved the PS and never owned a N64, I play my PS2 more than my gamecube... but I've never bought as many games for one system than I have for my DS... The power of the DS puts me in the Nintendo group, followed closely by Sony. I don't own an Xbox, and really don't plan on getting a 360. I'll probably eventually aquire a Revolution and PS3.

Final note: Nintendo +1

I change camps quite often, depending on who is delivering. Overall I have bought almost all major consoles except the Xbox and Saturn.

But as far as bias, I was with Nintendo all the way up until Dreamcast, then changed over to Sega until they killed that beautiful beast. Then I converted to Sony camp with the PS2. I didn't even buy a Gamecube until about 2 years ago, maybe less.

But finally, the power of the DS and the potential of the Revolution has once again swayed me towards the Nintendo camp.

Oh and I have a general bias against Microsoft, but I might end up picking up a X360 eventually.

So final note, Nintendo all the way.

trmas

Banned
Grew up a Nintendo fan, and still buy the majority of their first party games. I do not like MS as a company, but I like their online in the 360 (overall though, I would not be upset if MS went bankrupt in a week, just enough time to sell my stock). Sony has grown on me, has the majority of the Japanese companies, and has began to garner over 80% of my gaming time. Real features in the PS3, excellent games, etc...

I'm a Sony fan first and foremost these days. Both of my kids still love Nintendo (I'm raising them right!)

I am signing up for Xbox and Nintendo...

I don't wanna go into reasons... but every instinct in my says to do it, despite that I'm loving hardware design of PS3.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
For me, gaming is purely about having fun and not about being 'cool' or having fancy PR. Therefore I have to go with Nintendo, the most genuine games company out there. It doesn't matter if they don't always suceed, fact is, they try to make gaming more fun for everyone, and that earns my respect.

Jewbacca

Banned
MS & Nintendo

Sony still has to impress me and Im not impressed yet. No final hardware design, not a god damn thing yet... 4 more months then I choose my platforms of choice this gen...

X360&Nintendo
or
PS3&Nintendo... the revolution promises to much to pass up =D

black_13

Banned
I admit to being a bit biased towards Sony with the PS2 and PSP.

Still I own an XB, and I've pretty much played all the major games on the GCN as well.

Top Bottom