• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ah screw it.....go ahead and state your HW biases....here...I'll start

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I prefer to play games on Playstation branded machines, mostly because of the controller. I don't like it, but I dislike it the least of the current controllers. Plus most of the series I like/love are established under the PS brand umbrella.

edit: I'd also like to add that SCEE ****ing disgust me. And every business decision coming from SCEI since, 05(?) has been gut-wrenchingly wrong. SCEE making hardware importing "illegal" and gimping their bc just makes me want to financially damage them in some way, although I will never be able to do much more than buy from different regions(SCEA). :(

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Undecided...I'm enjoying 360 the most right now, but that's because it's been out longer. I enjoyed my Wii with Zelda, but I'm done with that. I don't have a PS3. But I'm sure I'll enjoy Wii and PS3 down the road. Way too early to tell.

I just wanted to add that I am a fan of the games on Playstation systems, but not of the company itself, same with Microsoft. I hate how Sony and M$ want to monopolize everything. I like how Nintendo sticks to games and they are my favorite developer.

Also, most of the Sony products I have owned (consoles, TV, stereo, cd player...) has broken on me. I have never had a single Nintendo system fail on me.

Random Note: I had a dream last night where the hinges on my DS Lite came off... :lol

santouras

seat said:
I would've said that I'm definitely in the Nintendo group, but looking back at my history of which of the big game companies I favor, I've been known to change my mind on a whim. I mean, I bought a PS2 yesterday.

I... bought... a PS2...

I never, ever thought that day would come.

So today I'm definitely with Nintendo, but tomorrow, who knows? I may even buy a PS3 at the end of its lifecycle.

I feel your pain. A few weeks ago I bought a ps2 as well. However, the games that I bought it for (GT4, SC3, VF4) I've wanted to play for a long time, so I don't feel as bad....

I am very much nintendo biased, altho I think this generation I might end up with all three consoles. Well, I will get a ps3 if sony sort out their steering wheel issues

Bildi

DIrtyWeasel said:
Also, most of the Sony products I have owned (consoles, TV, stereo, cd player...) has broken on me.

Indeed, count me on for two TVs, console & cd player. Clock radio seems to be going OK though...

I might be a slow learner, but I learn eventually.

I still play my DC,
I really enjoy my PS2 but with the $500 to $600 on PS3 no thanks. I would got a PS3 if it went down to $300.
I still play my x box and I just got the $300 x box 360 core system. I have been enjoying it. I also have a Nintendo GC.
I used to be a Sega fanboy but I cannot call myself that after a sold all my Sega Saturn games and system help me get the money for the 360. I also want to get a wii.

X26

Banned
Hmm, Sony I suppose. I love my 360 and its current and upcoming library, but I really hate Microsoft. Besides, PS1/PS2 were pretty awesome

JCBossman

Banned
Xbox without a doubt, to me it's all about quality NOT quanity. I will never play more than 20%(if that) of all games available on ANY system, so I could care less if a system has 7,000 games I will never play. I was treated right by the original Xbox(my first foray into console gaming), I loved how all the POWERFUL games ONLY came to the Xbox, Live was an unbelievable experience.It seems they took all the revolutionary things in the "Big Black Box" and refined and honed them in the 360. I also like thier tight intergration with my PC, and cross capatibility of the controllers. It isn't perfect, reliability has me concerned, and someday the limits of DVD and small HD "might" cause problems down the road, but for right NOW I am thrilled, it seems they share my idea of what a GAME SYSTEM, should be doing while still giving me alot of media functioniality while keeping thier EYE firmly on the "game" ball, at a (somewhat) reasonable price.

Top Bottom