• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ah screw it.....go ahead and state your HW biases....here...I'll start

Kobiekun

I own all 3 consoles, but I have a sweet spot for Nintendo. Nintendo first party software is awesome. I also like the developments they've made in both handheld and console hardware. And now that I have Gradius on VC — oh lawd!

I like Sony and my PS3, but sometimes I wonder what they're really trying to accomplish nowadays. For Sony's sake I hope they can hang on to what exclusives they still have. I still have a huge backlog of PS2 games to finish. With today's Euro BC news, it sounds like I should be happy to have a first generation Sony console (PS3) for once.

I'm not a Microsoft hater (without Windows I wouldn't have a job) but my XBox 360 is my least favorite console this generation. It left a sour taste in my mouth the moment I found out just how "backward compatible" it really was. Will I ever play my copy of Riddick? Unless I unpack and hook up my original XBox, Magic 8 Ball says "Chances aren't good." I own it so that I can play exclusive titles, but overall I don't find its library appealing.

Bowen_B

Banned
tanod said:
I like hardware that doesn't break.

Sony makes good hardware.

So does Nintendo.
LOL Euro PS2, of the 50 or so people I knew with one about 40 had to get a second

Personally I have:
MS (former Sega) bias
Strong Sony hate
Immense Nintendo disappointment

Woo-Fu

Banned
My hardware bias changes each generation, seems like.

Last generation's Gamecube is my #1 console hardware design of all time. Perfect size, great utility, the GBA player was perfectly implemented, add a couple wavebirds, easily transported. Hmm, I'm talking the version before they yanked out Component.

This generation I prefer the PS3 hardware. It would be a much closer decision between the 360 and the PS3 if my 360 was more stable. This is an old joke, but only Microsoft could produce a console that crashes more than a PC.

Clipjoint

I'm also a multi-console guy, I just want to play the best games. But if I was forced to join a camp, it would be Sony. The PS2 was my favorite system.

Parl

Woo-Fu said:
My hardware bias changes each generation, seems like.

Last generation's Gamecube is my #1 console hardware design of all time. Perfect size, great utility, the GBA player was perfectly implemented, add a couple wavebirds, easily transported. Hmm, I'm talking the version before they yanked out Component.

This generation I prefer the PS3 hardware. It would be a much closer decision between the 360 and the PS3 if my 360 was more stable. This is an old joke, but only Microsoft could produce a console that crashes more than a PC.

Supporting the underdogs then. :p

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I am in the Nintendo camp probably seeing that I don't own any of the other systems and probably won't until 2016 when they are affordable.

I'm a Wii60 fan. I also don't like Sony..not sure why. It might be because I have had so many of their products fail on me (portable CD Players, headphones that always had one ear's sound go out within a month after purchase, etc.).

I do own a Sony Bravia though. :) I absolutely love it. Sony definitely knows what they are doing in the TV realm.

Geoff9920

Well, I might as well state mine.

I own a 360, ps2, and a DS. I'm also an avid Mac user. So it feels a little odd for me to say this, but my bias has been towards Microsoft for a while now.

Put me in the nintendo camp. But it is not like I hate the others... Probably gonna own all three consoles in the future. Only have Wii right now but after I get a new tv I am gonna get 360 to start with. Playstation 3 can wait... Gonna take them the longest to get a decent library.

Xavien

as my avatar kinda gives away, + 1 Nintendo here.

I used to be +1 Sony, before the PS3 and Sony raping me for being European :(

tanod

when is my burrito
Bowen_B said:
LOL Euro PS2, of the 50 or so people I knew with one about 40 had to get a second

Well, mine crapped out too but that's because I had played the shit out of it.

Sorry for the 40 "people you knew" PS2s crapping out.

Did you decide one day to make a list of them or did you have a dead PS2 support group?

Someone claiming Sony systems never fail and another claiming they have better plans for B.C. than Microsoft...

mushrooms.jpg

+1 SEGA

Currently love my Xbox360 the most, it's the shit besides the fact I had to exchange it a couple times, as they were broken out of the box...

Wii is great also, but I feel Nintendo needs to get off their ass and get some of the "normal" services up and running that should have been up at launch. I also care more about 3rd parties than Nintendo games, although I do like Metroid, Zelda, Smash Brothers & Mario Kart series.

PSP satisfies my portable needs.

Will probably get a PS3 at somepoint when it has a chance to get more games, and when/if my 360 dies for good.

Bowen_B

Banned
tanod said:
Well, mine crapped out too but that's because I had played the shit out of it.

Sorry for the 40 "people you knew" PS2s crapping out.

Did you decide one day to make a list of them or did you have a dead PS2 support group?
Well I was still at school so the guys with Cubes and Xboxes surveyed the PS2 owners in our year to prove our console was better :lol
Out of 50 something asked there had been 40 something failures.

Avalon

Sigh...

I have never owned a stand-alone DVD player and I don't ever plan to own a stand-alone HD Movie player. I guess that makes me a Sony guy.

vasuba

Banned
Nintendo Camp for me.

Good Games, Solid Hardware that even after 20 years still works as good as the day i got it.

Sooo...

did this thread really make it 20 pages without anyone joining the PC camp, or were they just not counted?

PS: I'm bias free, I've got consoles from all four consolemakers hooked up to my TV (Dreamcast still there, though it hasn't been played in awhile), a gaming PC, and both hand helds.

tanod

when is my burrito
Bowen_B said:
Well I was still at school so the guys with Cubes and Xboxes surveyed the PS2 owners in our year to prove our console was better :lol
Out of 50 something asked there had been 40 something failures.

Cool. I thought you might be pulling that out of your ass. Becuase, some people do that on GAF. I wish I had known more people at college who were into games.

Somebody should try that with 360s and PS3s now. :)

EDIT: Cubes rule!

Top Bottom