• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ah screw it.....go ahead and state your HW biases....here...I'll start

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
David, can you also update the first post with the recently added posters, please? :)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Oblivion said:
David, can you also update the first post with the recently added posters, please? :)

Well, if I was the fellow who started this thread, I would... but I'm not the fellow who started this thread.

I will update the tallies by the end of the week, though -- I promise! I'm just a tad busier than I expected.

Oblivion

DavidDayton said:
Well, if I was the fellow who started this thread, I would... but I'm not the fellow who started this thread.

I will update the tallies by the end of the week, though -- I promise! I'm just a tad busier than I expected.

Oh, whoops. Terribly sorry. You made the charts, so I thought you were the original poster. Nevermind then.

Harmonica

Even though I've played much more Xbox, PS2, and PC this gen, Nintendo just gives me the warm fuzzies. I don't think about Microsoft, Sony, or my computer as being videogames. Nintendo in my brain is primarily videogames.

+1 Nintendo
(if the DS hadn't happened, this would be a tough choice between the others)

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Nintendo

Used to be a big Sega fan and that's all I really was a big fan of, but out of the current HW makers Nintendo seems more my taste. I like my PS2 games, not so much the hardware and certainly not the manufacturer. So yeah, it's Nintendo camp for me at the moment.

Raistlin

Purely from a HW standpoint?

I guess I have to give the nod to Sony - mainly for their attempts to break new ground in design/power. PS3 espeically - this looks like their best example of power, innovative tech, and feature-set. Being a true multifaceted HW company really gives them an advantage in this regard.

Nintendo comes in second for me right now. NGC was really a great design IMO. Very efficient and clean design - if only they marketed it correctly. Revolution is obviously an unknown right now, but it already gets points for the physical design and revmote. I think they've now found their niche.

Oblivion

The numbers need to be updated to accomodate for the new blood that's joined here since.

rod

Banned
i used to be a sega fan also, but never DIEHARD like some :lol now i like all consoles and think pc gaming sucks

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Well i'm still down with Sony for now but if Konami were to announce Suikoden VI as a multiplatform title I'd prolly switch to the 360. But that prolly wont happen so I'm sure I'll end up with a PS3.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Red Scarlet said:
Hey David, there you go!

Sigh.

Okay. When I got home from work tonight, you've got yourself an updated chart -- providing none of the mods close this off first!

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
MS +1

(even though I likely will buy all consoles, my primary choice is the xbox360.. and apparently, that is also the choice of a new generation) :lol

fronn

I'll have all 3 consoles this gen... but

If I had to choose one, then I'll have to say:
Sony +1 (based on past experience, at least)

WARCOCK

Banned
I refute the creation of this thread. Its kinda dumb to make such a thing when e3 is like a few weeks away. Most likely you will find a lot of changes.

Xbox 360 +1

I love almost everything about the console from the wireless controller to the interface to the Live functionality to the achievements.

Microsoft plus 5, (but I am counting all the fingers on my right hand, it would be 10, if I counted my left too, but I like to YELL switch.

I'm not really against a specific console, but I do favor some hardware over the others.

Sony PS2 +1
Never understood the claims about it lacking in the hadware department.
Does procedural rendering/shading far better than GC or Xbox.
Has some of the best graphics of last generation.
(Maybe not THE best, but it has a few games I'd rank in the top 10.)
*Has the largest lineup of games of any console.
*Has the largest lineup of top AAA games of any console. <-(My main reason)
*Backwards compatible. (cause I love my RPG's)
*Easy to play imports and some emulators on.
*HDD Loader owns.
*Good DVD player.

Nintendo DS +1
Not as powerful as PSP, but atleast it has games to play.
*Backwards compatibility.
*Fantastic Castlevania Support.
*Fantastic RPG support, right alongside PS2.
*TouchScreen & PictoChat am total coolness.
*Has the largest lineup of top AAA games of any handheld.

I like the other consoles/handhelds as well, just not nearly as much as DS and PS2.

Erasmus

Chronological Loyalties...

C64
to
Amiga
to
PC (grudgingly)
to
SNES (late to the party)
to
PSX
to
N64 (halfway through generation)
to
Xbox (majority) and Gamecube (on the side)
to
XBox360 (unexpected Christmas present from wife)

really looking forward to revolution...

On reflection, the only company to command my complete loyalty for more than one generation
was Commodore...

damn.

MS +1 (geometry wars and swearing at racist teenagers FTW)

I was a die-hard Nintendo fan who talked Saturn and Playstation buyers into waiting for Ultra 64 back in '95 at my job at Media Play.

Still love Nintendo, and I treasure my Gamecube, but most of my games are for Sony now.

Nintendo +1
Sony +1

Top Bottom