• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys is teasing something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

But even then they could have searched for any other name with ".com", don't underestimate the importance of the domain for a site, how many sites have you seen with ".co"?
Imo:
a)the word "4infinity" is so fundamental that they tried hard to get it whatever the domain
b)".co" or "4infinity.co" is fundamental somehow.
.com top-level domains are still the most popular, but you're really putting way too much stock into how important they are, especially now that "nonstandard" domains are going to become more and more prolific in the future, with a ton now approved for use.

Not disappoint people?!?! They made things worse :D

The problem is that they can't communicate on it.
It's a double side problem: They know that being mysterious will open up to speculation. But they also don't want people to be disappointed, because it would be counterproductive. Yet, it gathers a lot of attention. A lot more than if the game in question was revealed the classic way. In the end, if it's not ZE3, a lot of people will be disappointed BUT because of the attention it got, there'll be more people who might get interested.

Unfortunately, it's hard to not be hyped. I think mods are playing on us, and I can't blame them, they never said it's ZE3. That's basically the Schrodinger cat. It's Zero Escape 3 and it's not Zero Escape 3 inside that teaser.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm starting to think that, following the Zero Escape speculation, they changed it, to not disappoint people.

I though of that (and said as much) a long time ago now.

I do think, however, that the chances of them changing it to being one lower (like a countdown) in order to do that would defeat the purpose all together. So, I doubt it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
There's no doubt that this is a big example of mismanagement.

-If it was a counter it should have been clear when it ended.
-if it was based on some action(like visits, clicks, retweets etc) the action should have been clear
-if there was some puzzle the need to solve the puzzle should have been evident.

At this point the site is either:
-still running but so badly designed that no one understands what's going on
-stopped because of (a little unrealistic imo)ZE3 expectations.

Zareka

I'm beginning to think they changed it to avoid ZE speculation, too.

I can't hold on much longer. Hope is giving way to despair.

FluxWaveZ

-if it was based on some action(like visits, clicks, retweets etc) the action should have been clear
-if there was some puzzle the need to solve the puzzle should have been evident.

Don't you think that this is laughable?

The Hermit

Aksys just shot themselves in the foot...

takoyaki

In any case, I've gotten to the point where I think our wisest course of action would be to ignore this teaser from now on. Maybe check up on it once a day. No changes? No discussion, and that's it for the day. An update? Then discuss it we shall, and promote them free of charge like we've been doing so far. Maybe that way Aksys will feel compelled to actually do something with this teaser. Extremely shitty tactic, yes, but hey, in a way it's self defense. They fuck with us, we... Um, respond much less to their teaser website.

Never thought I'd say those words, but the guy who wanted to murder us all last night is right ;)

Let's just wait and see what happens. If something changes, that's great and we'll all be in for another round of "fun with anagrams".

Until then, this Hype-Train has turned into a Hype-Stairlift.

stair-lifts-new-jerse7sud5.jpg

Still think it's ZE3, [very slow] choo....choo....

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Don't you think that this is laughable?

You should ask to all the people in this thread that were screaming for ZE3 if they find this funny.

Personally i'm here because i like puzzles so i wanted to try to solve what everyone was thinking it was some kind of puzzle.
If you look at the thread you can see that not only i'm one of the very few people who didn't scream for ZE3 but i also tried to convince people that it could have been related to the infinity series. :p

They just have to say "it's not ZE3" and we'd all move on. However because they haven't said anything and there are clues for it to be ZE3, of course there's going to be hype. The hype has deflated anyway since their tease is so crappy.

Vylash

They just have to say "it's not ZE3" and we'd all move on. However because they haven't said anything and there are clues for it to be ZE3, of course there's going to be hype. The hype has deflated anyway since their tease is so crappy.

What clues? The font looks similar to Zero Escape but that's it, certainly didn't mean ZE3, so far this thread has been people tricking themselves into seeing "hints" that weren't there and getting mad when it turned out to not be what they thought

What clues? The font looks similar to Zero Escape but that's it, certainly didn't mean ZE3, so far this thread has been people tricking themselves into seeing "hints" that weren't there and getting mad when it turned out to not be what they thought

Yeah that's what I mean, there's things that might imply it's related to ZE3, but it's just too vague to know for sure. The numbers, similar looking puzzle in 999 etc. Did it turn out to be anything then? All I see is just speculation and that makes this such a mess.

Volcynika

Pretttttttttttttty much.

Burnburn

I'm sorry, but I find the countdown starting at 0303 "clue" enough for people to suspect it's Zero Escape 3, even if it wasn't intended by Aksys. Honestly, if the tease was just the words that people found later on I would agree with you, but 0303 is too "coincidental" just to let go.

I'm not even saying that it will be ZE3, just that there is a possibility and disregarding the countdown starting at 0303 is a bit too "gloomy".

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Friends let's not get too upset, we need to just keep faith.

My belief is still hovering at 100%, don't worry Aksys.

You know something's up cause they just posted this saying HAPPY HUMP DAY and then disappeared.

It's pretty weird isn't it? I mean you'd think Aksys would say something - drop some kind of small hint after all this crazy speculation. It's like they've completely dissapeared. Anyway, at the moment throw me into the group of people that thinks the timer will countdown weekly. If that's not the case in a few days then I'll really not know what to think.

DeMatador

Neo Member
It's pretty weird isn't it? I mean you'd think Aksys would say something - drop some kind of small hint after all this crazy speculation. It's like they've completely dissapeared. Anyway, at the moment throw me into the group of people that thinks the timer will countdown weekly. If that's not the case in a few days then I'll really not know what to think.

If there's no update on or before Friday, I'm giving up on this altogether. If something comes out of it, good. I'm not expecting anything at this point.

See, Aksys, this is how you don't do teasing. Expectations need to rise, not disappear. Unless they went in the wrong direction and you tried to fix that, in which case you simply mis-designed this teaser. I can understand if the ZE3 hype caught them off guard, but that was evident a week ago, so why keep it up?

blacksark

Wondering if one of the future updates was going to be the word images and since we discovered them they are releasing info later... but this all sounds weird.

Teasing only work if you have a decent list of IP. If you only have one popular series teasing something else will only upset your fans.

Yeah, if they dont do something like put those strange words on there tomorrow, I give up.

Basically this for me.
To be fair, I think people got carried away by the "0303" stuff. Things got out of hands for Aksys, especially with the leaked words pictures.
I think they changed 0303 to 0302 just to avoid confusion... which led people to think it's a countdown.

blacksark

Basically this for me.
To be fair, I think people got carried away by the "0303" stuff. Things got out of hands for Aksys, especially with the leaked words pictures.
I think they changed 0303 to 0302 just to avoid confusion... which led people to think it's a countdown.
But if you make that mistake (and change to 0302)why they don't tell us what it really is? Moreover why when you release the teaser and people are talking about ze3 they don't tell us that it's unrelated to zero escape series?, aksys don't answer to twitter, infinity is a series made by uchikoshi and rising stars knows about it. What were we supposed to think? that it was a new call of duty published by aksys?

Mistle

If it's not ZE3, whoever was in charge of literally using "zerothreezerothree" is pretty stupid haha. Unless it's misleading on purpose, which is just as bad.

I mean, as if they didn't know what they were doing... It's either ZE3, or Aksys is really cruel. I find it extremely hard to believe nobody in the company made the connection to ZE3.

But if you make that mistake (and change to 0302)why they don't tell us what it really is? Moreover why when you release the teaser and people are talking about ze3 they don't tell us that it's unrelated to zero escape series?, aksys don't answer to twitter, infinity is a series made by uchikoshi and rising stars knows about it. What were we supposed to think? that it was a new call of duty published by aksys?

It's pretty simple: The goal with teasers is to open to imagination. It's easy to blame on people for getting for hopes high. Let's be honest, in the case if it's not ZE3, if Aksys came the first day saying "Nah it's not Zero Escape 3", do you think this thread would've made 32 pages ?
The thing is, they want to avoid confusion or deception... but they don't want to kill the hype for the teaser either.
It comes to us to be realistic and responsible :p

If it's not ZE3, whoever was in charge of literally using "zerothreezerothree" is pretty stupid haha. Unless it's misleading on purpose, which is just as bad.

I mean, as if they didn't know what they were doing... It's either ZE3, or Aksys is really cruel. I find it extremely hard to believe nobody in the company made the connection to ZE3.

If it's not ZE3, both parties (Aksys and us) are at fault. It's our fault for getting hyped over 4 numbers and it's Aksys fault for not getting the situation in control. But in the mean time, the Zero Escape ressemblances are kinda here, and Aksys wouldn't want to kill all the hype for their teaser either.

wrowa

I find the idea of them changing 03 to 02 in panic to be rather silly. If they did that just to avoid confusion they'd have just written a short statement that it's not related to ZE3 and that's it. Being silent about it makes stuff only worse and I don't believe for a second that everyone at the company is too shy to come out and make matters clear. Not to mention that the connection to Zero 3 is still right there - only changing the last number is meaningless, when you still got "03" right in the teaser.

It's pretty simple: The goal with teasers is to open to imagination. It's easy to blame on people for getting for hopes high. Let's be honest, in the case if it's not ZE3, if Aksys came the first day saying "Nah it's not Zero Escape 3", do you think this thread would've made 32 pages ?
The thing is, they want to avoid confusion or deception... but they don't want to kill the hype for the teaser either.

That's not how it works. If whatever is being teased there is not ZE3 or ZE3-related it will get completely overshadowed by an enormous frustration caused by 32 pages of false speculation. Game Y would be the victim of unwarranted hate for no reason - and why would Aksys be interested in that? That's not helpful in any way.

I find the idea of them changing 03 to 02 in panic to be rather silly. If they did that just to avoid confusion they'd have just written a short statement that it's not related to ZE3 and that's it. Being silent about it makes stuff only worse and I don't believe for a second that everyone at the company is too shy to come out and make matters clear. Not to mention that the connection to Zero 3 is still right there - only changing the last number is meaningless, when you still got "03" right in the teaser.

Oh oh, it is a silly idea, and nothing point that they did that on that purpose hahaha. But it sounds clear now that it's not a countdown. But if they did, I think a statement would kill the hype for their teaser. I mean, look at this thread !

Then again, if it turns out to not be ZE3, the teaser would have got enough attention to get people interested in what they could show between the disappoint people.
Say you have 5000 people interested in the teaser, because it could be ZE3. Even if you get 200 people interested in the final reveal, it's a lot better for them than getting 200 people interested in the teaser if unrelated to Zero Escape in the first place and then getting only 50 interested in the final reveal.

It's basically getting all eyes on you and then hoping not everyone leave after that.

blacksark

Of course it won't have 32 pages that's for sure,however if it's not zero escape 3 people are going to blame aksys for trying to get their attention for nothing, and I don't believe that it's intelligent from the point of view of a company to get their fans angry.
EDIT: in a spanish forum there is one rising star member, he has been asked if he wanted to tell us something, the answer: "nothing more to add :) "

takoyaki

This post from the reddit thread really sold me on the idea that it's Zero Escape III again:

Digital roots system from the original nonary game. IT'S PERFECT.

Still holding out hope, did they have a theory on when the next change would happen? One per week?

edit: It changed last Friday. This would actually be a simple yet fitting solution, we all might have gotten sidetracked because of pictures A and B that were not supposed to be found(yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom