• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akuma confirmed for SFV

With Akuma announced I think there's less likeliness for a Season 3.

You would think they would keep that character in the back until the final update.

So they're finally putting out that missing stage.....

2970172-street_fighter_v_steelbook_beauty_shot_ryu_stage_europe.png

Neoxon

You would think they would keep that character in the back until the final update.
Or they want a hype character for Season 2. You can't keep Akuma away for too long, plus it'll provide some nice cross-promotion for Tekken 7.

Elbereth

I actually think Capcom may pull a zinger at Capcom Cup. I think that we will see classic characters for season 2 and some EX characters in the near future.

B00TE

Man, this is already making a few of my friends salty lol.

Haven't played SFV in awhile, might be time to come back.

Neoxon

I actually think Capcom may pull a zinger at Capcom Cup. I think that we will see classic characters for season 2 and some EX characters in the near future.
Akuma (and probably Sagat & Fei Long) aside, there's really no need to go nuts with the SFII characters all at once. We already have 11 of them (counting Akuma).

Maligna

Banned
Ugh. Akuma is like the Reaper of Street Fighter. All the Edge Lords gonna use him.

And I thought they were trying to stay away from clone characters? He'd better play really differently.

Tripon

What? This is the same company that thought Yun, Yang, two similar character that share the same model, and evil Ryu and Oni, two alternate characters that was in the game since vanilla.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Can you explain how that would benefit them? Like, do you think that people are waiting until Akuma drops and then will stop playing the game? So they should keep Akuma out of the game as long as possible?

Ugh. Akuma is like the Reaper of Street Fighter. All the Edge Lords gonna use him.

And I thought they were trying to stay away from clone characters? He'd better play really differently.

Ken and Ryu are really different, so...

Mik317

you don't hold Akuma back for too long breh.

I'm surprised he wasn't in season 1 really.

People love them some Akuma yo

Top Bottom