• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 | Final Previews are coming up

Draugoth

Gold Member
The Final Previews for Alan Wake 2 are coming up across various websites

Videos:

Blogposts:

Details:
  • There are also multiple side cases that seem to play out across the game
  • New York is also a map in the game
  • Alan Wake 2 seamlessly blends live-action and gameplay
  • Game has very strong investigation elements blended into the survival horror
  • Game has 30FPS Quality Mode and 60FPS Peformance Mode
  • Game is much more survival horror oriented than the original (you are encouraged to avoid enemies like in RE games)
  • Sarah sections are more detective oriented. Alan Wake sections are more survival oriented.
  • The Mind Place, is a sort of interactive pause menu home that allows you to make puzzles easier.
  • The game has a lot of focus on bantery like TLoU

b3652cb3-147f-4b52-957c-b84ce25eb81e-percolator.jpg
56ece177-5e48-4bdb-a31f-3910bd50e6ed-alan-wake-2-delayed-to-end-of-october-2023-featured_feature.jpg
f611945a-ee01-4403-9f54-4a45ffe354eb-vlcsnap-2023-06-14-14h09m30s273.jpg

28a2cfa2-501e-48cf-9449-fb0c7f93ff69-alan-wake-2-image.jpg
920314ed-2a10-425a-ae01-27de02081aab-remedy-live-action.jpg
F7ChsfFbsAAKD3-

Last edited:

ProtoByte

its 2023 my dude

im not watching any thing for this game, im gonna go in bareback, lube free and like a virgin.
2023 where internet still cuts out or is slow, digital products get edited, access is sometimes artificially limited, and content sometimes just drops off the face if the earth because of a license/publish owner dispute.

Yeah, give me the disc.

acm2000

2023 where internet still cuts out or is slow, digital products get edited, access is sometimes artificially limited, and content sometimes just drops off the face if the earth because of a license/publish owner dispute.

Yeah, give me the disc.
had my 300/900 FTTP for nearly 2 years with no down time and once ive finished a game ive had my monies worth out of it so very rarely ever go back unless it gets addons or substantial updates.

welcome to the modern world.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
-10+ years too late in my opinion
-Changing the race of the side detective (she was originally white, check the easter egg in Quantum Break)
-Using Shawn Ashmore even though "Quantum Break isnt part of the multiverse" even though its referenced in Control
-Too much live action, not enough gameplay shown

This has questionable written all over it, and it was bound to happen after the success of Control. You get big, you bend the knees.

First Remedy game Ill be skipping out on day one, and I sure as fuck dont trust reviewers that will most likely praise it.

Ill be relying on you guys once again

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If you followed Remedy, you know why.
-Changing the race of the side detective (she was originally white, check the easter egg in Quantum Break)
-Using Shawn Ashmore even though "Quantum Break isnt part of the multiverse" even though its referenced in Control
Those two points are not ignored by Remedy. In fact they have a smart way of explaining why and you can start to get an answer if you look into some Reddit posts or if you played Control and DLC.
All I can say is: It's all connected. Exclusive preview of the Alan Wake II Neogaf OT on release day:

trisha-hershberger-thatgrltrish.gif
you-see-it-is.gif

I think it's good they don't show too much. Like that, you will have a lot to discover and don't worry, yes live action is there but it's far from being too much.
This has questionable written all over it, and it was bound to happen after the success of Control. You get big, you bend the knees.

First Remedy game Ill be skipping out on day one, and I sure as fuck dont trust reviewers that will most likely praise it.

This is their magnum opus. For real. You can trust me, a big fan of Alan Wake 1 and Remedy's games.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
If you followed Remedy, you know why.

Those two points are not ignored by Remedy. In fact they have a smart way of explaining why and you can start to get an answer if you look into some Reddit posts or if you played Control and DLC.
All I can say is: It's all connected. Exclusive preview of the Alan Wake II Neogaf OT on release day:

trisha-hershberger-thatgrltrish.gif
you-see-it-is.gif

I think it's good they don't show too much. Like that, you will have a lot to discover and don't worry, yes live action is there but it's far from being too much.

This is their magnum opus. For real. You can trust me, a big fan of Alan Wake 1 and Remedy's games.

Wow, a real life “Trust me bro” moment

I don’t trust you at all man sorry 😂

amigastar

Looking forward to this although i don't usually play horror games but this one i got on my radar.
Also graphics look great for an AA Title.

Last edited:

Certinty

I don't know, it looks good but it also looks to have lost everything that made the first game so unique? Looks like another one of the recent Resident Evil remakes more than anything which isn't a bad thing but also not a good thing considering the first was nothing like that.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I’ll have to wait and see how this performance mode runs, that will be a big part of how long I wait to play this. Envious of people who can go back and forth between 30/60. Unapologetic frame rate snob now

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My policy with survival horror games is the less I know the better. But I do have one question, I played original Alan Wake and its DLC but I didn't play Control, do I need play that game to know what happens in Alan Wake 2?

My policy with survival horror games is the less I know the better. But I do have one question, I played original Alan Wake and its DLC but I didn't play Control, do I need play that game to know what happens in Alan Wake 2?
Yes and No. The main story for Control doesn't really have anything to do with Alan Wake but you will find small easter eggs here and there
But the AWE DLC is pretty much a crossover and you'll get some answers to what happened after the first Alan Wake, so I'd say that's the only thing you have to play. If you don't want to play Control maybe you can at least watch some videos about what happened in that DLC so you'll have some context.
And who knows how many references to Control there will be in this game, that will be interesting to see.

Mr.Phoenix

Reads like you are looking for a reason not to like it.

Nothing you have said holds water.

Wildebeest

Yes and No. The main story for Control doesn't really have anything to do with Alan Wake but you will find small easter eggs here and there
But the AWE DLC is pretty much a crossover and you'll get some answers to what happened after the first Alan Wake, so I'd say that's the only thing you have to play. If you don't want to play Control maybe you can at least watch some videos about what happened in that DLC so you'll have some context.
And who knows how many references to Control there will be in this game, that will be interesting to see.
I watched the skillup preview and there are much more than just easily missable easter eggs that reference Control.

Just finished Alan Wake on steamdeck. There is a bunch of charm but I was tired of it halfway through. This looks stellar and more of what I wanted in the original. Let me wander around a lived in small PNW town with people going about there business.

I also appreciate the elements of re4 added. Not a fan of ethereal ghost enemies in games, especially shooting them. I need real bodies, Control had a cool effect of enemies exploding into puffs but I still think it's not a satisfying as a real body hitting the floor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom