• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 | Final Previews are coming up

Eiknarf

Banned
This should have been released already.

This is a horror game, right?
Last time I checked, "Halloween" themed movies and decorations take place throughout ALL OF OCTOBER.

Why'd Remedy wait until almost after Halloween to release a horror game?

Should have released Alan Wake 2 in early October to take advantage of the entire month. Not only did they practically miss the Halloween window, but they're competing against Spider-Man 2!!! Not wise. Might as well wait until mid-November to release it now.

Last time I checked, "Halloween" themed movies and decorations take place throughout ALL OF OCTOBER.

Should have released Alan Wake 2 in early October to take advantage of the entire month. Not only did they practically miss the Halloween window, but they're competing against Spider-Man 2!!! Not wise. Might as well wait until mid-November to release it now.
Halloween is one day isn't it?

legacy24

scared of spiderman

amigastar

Nah, 27th October is alright. Just in time for Halloween.

Eiknarf

Banned
Halloween is one day isn't it?
C'mon, really?
You dont realize that the LEAD UP to Halloween is just as important? Hmmmmm, Maybe that's why when studios release horror movies they release em in Sept and early Oct, right? To grab the vibe?

Not after! Come Nov 1st the "spooky scary horror" season is over! But you know that already. You're just being a wiseass.

Do you decorate for Christmas, shop for Christmas, and wrap the Christmas presents on December 25th? Huh?

Eiknarf

Banned
scared of spiderman
There is NO DOUBT they screwed up in THREE ways:

1. releasing it this close to Spiderman,
2. releasing it RIGHT AFTER Spiderman (before would have been better)
3. releasing it rrrright at the last days of Halloween season.

C'mon, really?
You dont realize that the LEAD UP to Halloween is just as important? Hmmmmm, Maybe that's why when studios release horror movies they release em in Sept and early Oct, right? To grab the vibe?

Not after! Come Nov 1st the "spooky scary horror" season is over! But you know that already. You're just being a wiseass.

Do you decorate for Christmas, shop for Christmas, and wrap the Christmas presents on December 25th? Huh?
You're comparing Halloween to Christmas? Anyway it doesn't matter, I understand what you're getting at, I presume that was the plan but the game got delayed a few weeks.

Eiknarf

Banned
You're comparing Halloween to Christmas? Anyway it doesn't matter, I understand what you're getting at, I presume that was the plan but the game got delayed a few weeks.
Oh it did?

I didn’t know that it got delayed

If so, then that’s a shame and explains it.

Giddy up

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

King Dazzar

I tried to get into the original and found the gameplay got a tad boring as you progressed. Do we know if this is greatly improved/changed or just more of the same with better visuals?

King Dazzar

Original game was essentially action with horror theme but in Alan Wake 2 they completely changed in to survival horror game.
Sounds good/interesting. I liked the atmosphere of the first. I just got a bit fed up of the light/torch mechanic. Keen to see how it runs on PS5 in its 60fps mode and I'll be up for it.

Krathoon

I will have to try getting back into the original. I never finished it.

It has been so long ago. I might as well start over.

I am hoping this one does not totally spoil the previous games.

Hopefully, it just uses the main story beats.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sounds good/interesting. I liked the atmosphere of the first. I just got a bit fed up of the light/torch mechanic. Keen to see how it runs on PS5 in its 60fps mode and I'll be up for it.
I didn't mind that mechanic, my problem was they weren't many enemy variety and they quickly became very boring fighting same ones over and over again.

Krathoon

I didn't mind that mechanic, my problem was they weren't many enemy variety and they quickly became very boring fighting same ones over and over again.
That is a common problem in a lot of games. The game environment kind of limited what kind of "plausible" monsters they could use.

Essentially, they are corrupted people. They did the same thing with Control.

Danjin44

That is a common problem in a lot of games. The game environment kind of limited what kind of "plausible" monsters they could use.

Essentially, they are corrupted people. They did the same thing with Control.
The story is about Alan‘s works coming to life they could made it so the “Darkness” would twist them and turn them in to monsters, similar what Silent Hill did, they could have been so creative with enemy designs but instead all we got was this…..
Alan-Wake-Remastered-review-1392x884.jpg

Remember Siren Blood Curse?
Siren-Blood-Curse-Image-5.original.jpg

888529-936034_20080716_045.jpg

Siren also had same type of setting as Alan Wake but in that game the enemies were actually fucking terrifying.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Yeah. We they did is that they still ground it in some kind of reality. So, the monsters are mostly humanoid. Corrupted human characters.

Danjin44

Yeah. We they did is that they still ground it in some kind of reality. So, the monsters are mostly humanoid. Corrupted human characters.
Siren also had grounded setting but that didn't stop them making really scary enemies.

Krathoon

Siren does that thing where the zombies are truly unnatural. I agree, they need to adopt more unnatural movement with the Alan Wake enemies.

Danjin44

Siren does that thing where the zombies are truly unnatural. I agree, they need to adopt more unnatural movement with the Alan Wake enemies.
Alan Wake is all about unnatural, the whole point was the darkness causing unnatural event happen to Bright Falls, its no different that what Siren and Silent Hill did.

Also in Alan Wake we go through forest but no other animal was effect by Darkness other than crows....They could have been much more creative with enemy designs.

I mean they kind of did that with Control AWE DLC....
sampo-rask-hartman-full1.jpg

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Does anybody knows when the embargo lifts?
No. Apparently codes haven't even been sent out yet either. This game has sales flop written all over it. Terrible marketing. And right between fucking Spider-Man 2 and Modern Warfare III..

Last edited:

Danjin44

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
If the reviews are glowing in the 80s or higher, I’ll buy it day ONE (and play it after completing SpiderMan 2)

I want Psick haptic feedback and trigger effects

Eiknarf

Banned
According to this its rated "M".

I want to see freaky looking enemies similar to Siren and Silent Hill but my guess is we not gonna get that with this game.
And I also read:

"Earlier this week, Remedy also unveiled that Alan Wake 2 will feature less combat and will be a slowed down experience compared to its predecessor, and that it won’t shy away from elements of body horror, but will not show dismemberment."

source: https://mp1st.com/news/alan-wake-2-...y-will-make-the-most-of-ps5-dualsense-haptics

Top Bottom