• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce: XBOX + SAMSUNG APP: I played it early! [impressions & interview]

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
interesting, the samsung guy on the interview said that is possible to use a playstation controller for xcloud.
It has always been possible to use Playstation controllers for xCloud.
xCloud doesnt care what controller you are using as long as it can connect to your streaming device.
So basically any bluetooth controller will work on TVs.....for example a Dualsense.......on PC you can even go as far back as a Dualshock 3.

j0hnnix

It's tempting to put a foot long sub sanwhich in her hands.

Edit..
I was bored...

txQWlkH.jpg

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
It's bluetooth.
I'm surprised Bluetooth works this well. Every time I've tried a Bluetooth controller on my phone the lag is unbearable. They must have a higher end bluetooth recieber on the TVs or the Bluetooth stack is more optimized. Glad to hear tho!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Can’t stand her but sounds neat. Is the Xbox controller compatible with the TVs? If yes, is that only for games or can you control the TV with the Xbox controller as well?
Any bluetooth controller works with any TV that supports being controlled by controllers.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
If you're not a pan then she's not interested big Boi.
I was gonna ask if that's a joke about "women" and "kitchen", but I guess I better not.

she seems so nice , she likes EVERYTHING
Yeah at this point she feels more like and advertiser than someone who actually speaks her mind.

Haven't seen any of her content aside from what's posted here so I might be wrong tho.

Last edited:

Banned
noticed no perceptible lag when playing Halo: Infinite.

basically this is the sign to never take anything tech review related she says seriously anymore :)

even in the best case scenarios using xCloud the latency is very noticeable and only slightly better than the terrible PSnow...

the way xCloud (and PSnow) currently works/sends it's image to you introduces a shitload of latency which PC centric services like GeForce Now or Stadia do not have

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I get the convenience that streaming offers regardless of who is offering it but why are you all excited for it? LOL
Stop that.

Yes, it is possible to play games using a streaming service (why do people keeping acting surprised) and they are investing money into it to keep making it better. I still think we shouldn't be getting excited or asking for it though.

There’s no logical reason why anyone should be opposed to cloud streaming as an option.

Yeah i dont take such folks serious when they claim no input lag etc..

‘No perceptible input lag’ is what they’re claiming. Of course if you measure it, there’s definitely going to be more input lag than playing it natively, but in optimal conditions, it can fall below the perception threshold for many gamers.

This recent streaming push by Xbox gets a bit annoying, i hope they dont lose focus again..
*shudder* kinect *shudder*

This makes absolutely no sense, since it’s basically xbox games running on xbox hardware in the cloud. Did you think this through before going with the Kinect comparison?

reksveks

the way xCloud (and PSnow) currently works/sends it's image to you introduces a shitload of latency which PC centric services like GeForce Now or Stadia do not have
Will be interesting to see when xbox/Microsoft roll out DirectCapture and whether we get any tests.

Banned
Will be interesting to see when xbox/Microsoft roll out DirectCapture and whether we get any tests.

that should improve things dramatically.. that's how said pc centric services send their image, and that's why they are significantly better.

but right now, both console based cloud gaming services are just awful

reksveks

I'd say GeForce Now is ahead of Microsoft, frankly. Nvidia's service has been on LG TVs since January and their game selection is far superior.
To be fair the commercial models behind the library are quite different currently. I would be interested to see how many of the geforce now publishers (aka the ones that allow you to play your steam games via xcloud) also do so on xCloud (they did mention it before the E3 showcase).

I would love to see the geforce and Xbox commercial deals for this service.

reksveks

that should improve things dramatically.. that's how said pc centric services send their image, and that's why they are significantly better.

but right now, both console based cloud gaming services are just awful
Its okay personally for me but I am only playing jrpgs or slower games on a steamdeck/mobile so at that size and in that genre, I don't find many faults noticeable.

Banned
Its okay personally for me but I am only playing jrpgs or slower games on a steamdeck/mobile so at that size and in that genre, I don't find many faults noticeable.

Halo Infinite tho... I actually tried playing that once over the cloud and, oh boy...

Ozriel

M$FT

BeardGawd

Banned
Halo Infinite tho... I actually tried playing that once over the cloud and, oh boy...
A friend of mine has played xCloud Halo Infinite on his Xbox One and found it superior to playing locally. 60fps and higher graphic fidelity plus loads way faster. Can't compete with my Series X experience but for him it was an improvement.

Last edited:

Banned
A friend of mine has played xCloud Halo Infinite on his Xbox One and found it superior to playing locally. 60fps and higher graphic fidelity plus loads way faster. Can't compete with my Series X experience but for him it was an improvement.

I actually believe that. the Xbox One version is dreadful. the input latency is ridiculous and the framerate awful for that game

even the Series S has weirdly high latency in this game (at least last time I played it... which was before Season 2 launched)

the only way I can tolerate that game is on Series X at 120fps or on PC at 120fps+ due to the inherently bad controls and the latency the engine seems to have

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
To be fair the commercial models behind the library are quite different currently. I would be interested to see how many of the geforce now publishers (aka the ones that allow you to play your steam games via xcloud) also do so on xCloud (they did mention it before the E3 showcase).

I would love to see the geforce and Xbox commercial deals for this service.

Yep. I think the key difference is that Nvidia has been able to tap into Steam and EGS whereas Microsoft is doing their own thing. This is going to be an interesting battle.

interesting, the samsung guy on the interview said that is possible to use a playstation controller for xcloud.
Sounds terrible. There are few things I hate more than the analog positioning of PlayStation controllers.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Have there been a detailed side by side comparisons videos of xCloud streaming vs console? I’d love to see something side by side, particularly with Doom 2016 or Eternal that’s has some skill challenge to it.

Schmick

The only way streaming games is going to gain any user/market share, it's with free to play games and a controller included with the TV purchase.

It's exactly like YouTube video streaming : shit audio and image quality, but heck, at least I didn't 'pay' for it.

If Fortnite is playable directly on the TV from the get go, I can see some people playing a bit that way.

I can't see anyone paying money to have such shit experience though.
Weired because from my experience with xCloud and PS Now, streaming has been far from shit.

Sure I'd fuck her yeah but I don't want to hear her talking about shit.

Very cool news for the Xbros tho.

Edit: for those getting offended... nothing against women, I just don't like this woman and wanted to express it. If you have a problem with that, meet me at my place at dusk and we'll sort this out like gentlemen.
Your chance of fucking her is as good as mine
Which is a big fat Zero

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It not putting a limit
It having a realism moment
A guy like me would never be able to fuck Alanah
Unless i paid like 10 grand to fuck her lol
Then it's time to get those 10 grand my man! "Guy like me"? Bro, don't be like that! 🫂

Last edited:

jhjfss

I just tried a free 2 hour trial of AC: Valhalla on stadia and couldn't believe how good that was, it was virtually identical to the native experience.
If anyone is interested, you can try it out, just make sure you play using the 60fps performance option. The latency of the 30 fps quality mode was bad.

Last edited:

freefornow

Why is there this constant need to attack this presenter whenever a video is posted?
She works for SSM-Team blue should be happy?
She has a video of Xbox related feature-Green rats should be happy?
Is it Nintendo fans who are upset???

Anyway, I spotted some cleavage, platinum blonde hair and doe eyes, so I'm off to fap. I could be self occupied for quite some time. I will be happy!

Last edited:

clarky

Banned
Why is there this constant need to attack this presenter whenever a video is posted?
She works for SSM-Team blue should be happy?
She has a video of Xbox related feature-Green rats should be happy?
Is it Nintendo fans who are upset???

Anyway, I spotted some cleavage, platinum blonde hair and doe eyes, so I'm off to fap. I could be self occupied for quite some time. I will be happy!
I don't get it myself, she not even that fit. If i wanna see random fit birds on tv ill just stick Love island on.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If they could solve the problem of hotel internet being terrible this could be cool there. I like being able to use my streaming services on hotel TV's and using cloud gaming the same way would be nice.

Top Bottom