• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce: XBOX + SAMSUNG APP: I played it early! [impressions & interview]

Fredrik

That damn Cory being a 'bad influence' or really some of the audience believes in the console war more than the employees and specifically what is actually important in terms of gaining market share.

Or MS is buying Santa Monica. Must be why they don’t show a trailer and why Cory can’t talk about it. Deal isn’t finalized yet.
Jim messed up and thought he sold off Sony San Diego.
🙂

reksveks

Being excited for a game is not the same thing as making a YT video promoting competing product
It's almost as if she would have had this discussion with SSM before joining them. If it's not a concern for them, who gives a fuck unless you are a shareholder.

Also let's be precise, there is a meaningful difference between having a paid video about a competitor and a video where she talks about having a positive experience with a competitors product experience. Also to be precise, she had an interview with a Samsung employee here.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Aren't she suppose to be busy making games at Santa Monica ? and why Sony
alowed her to promot for the compitition ?

Genuinely sorry that your workplace doesn’t allow you time for your own hobbies.

Being excited for a game is not the same thing as making a YT video promoting competing product

Sony doesn’t have a smart TV streaming app, a tech channel should really cover all tech out there and she’s not promoting either the TV or a Gamepass subscription.

Not everything has to be about ecosystem tribalism.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What does that mean exactly? This is the same woman who sat and shilled for CD projekt Red's Cyber punk 2077 for years only later disclose she got paid for it.

Isn’t she the one who said that Cyberpunk was amazing before it launched in a complete fucking mess? If so, sorry but I don’t believe you.
She played the game on an RTX3080.
You guys are acting like she played the Xbox One version of Cyberpunk then said it was all fine.
The PC version of Cyberpunk is legit a good game so its no suprise someone would love the game.....its the lastgen versions of the game that are a hot mess......the version pretty much no journalist actually played and CDPR had a small hand in QA'ing cuz they got scammed by the QA company.

With these kinds of test environments, I wish they would work out the average connection for the country where these tests are being held and then cap their bandwidth to that.

I think that I’m quite lucky with a 150mbps connection, but I know people with an average of 12mbps who are probably going to have a bad time with this.

Sure I'd fuck her yeah but I don't want to hear her talking about shit.

Very cool news for the Xbros tho.

Edit: for those getting offended... nothing against women, I just don't like this woman and wanted to express it. If you have a problem with that, meet me at my place at dusk and we'll sort this out like gentlemen.

She's gay. But tbh if you got her down for a threesome that would be amazing.

Also yeah. Something, something xbox?

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
It's pretty fucking embarrassing how many posts on this thread have how fuckable the person is or not.

And you guys wonder why you cant get laid lol

Its normal male heterosexual behavior

200.gif

Ozzie666

You guys are acting like she played the Xbox One version of Cyberpunk then said it was all fine.
The PC version of Cyberpunk is legit a good game so its no suprise someone would love the game.....its the lastgen versions of the game that are a hot mess......the version pretty much no journalist actually played and CDPR had a small hand in QA'ing cuz they got scammed by the QA company.

If I recall, the way she handled herself after release was also questionable. She still supported the product and steered clear for as long as she could speaking openly about the game and the drama. She bought the cool aid and signed the contracts, all it took was a fancy yellow chair :)

Or MS is buying Santa Monica. Must be why they don’t show a trailer and why Cory can’t talk about it. Deal isn’t finalized yet.
Jim messed up and thought he sold off Sony San Diego.
🙂

Did my own research here and look, this is the real worldwide trend:

D5sL16s.png

Wonder why people are so manipulative about those graphs. Here's the truth and GOW Ragnarok is way more popular than Starfield, except for 1 spike.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If I recall, the way she handled herself after release was also questionable. She still supported the product and steered clear for as long as she could speaking openly about the game and the drama. She bought the cool aid and signed the contracts, all it took was a fancy yellow chair :)
Because she has a pretty good PC so the product was still a good product in her eyes.

How many people with PS5/XSXs still use their PS4s and XB1s?
So she probably didnt experience how broken the game was on last gen consoles.

The game is only really broken on lastgen machines on PC the game is still good.
Hell im pretty sure it won a bunch of GOTY awards.
So i dont see how thats questionable when the version of the game she is playing is as good as she said it was in preview and was still great when she could play it on her machine.

Fredrik

D5sL16s.png

Wonder why people are so manipulative about those graphs. Here's the truth and GOW Ragnarok is way more popular than Starfield, except for 1 spike.
Starfield is a new IP, that one spike is when people started understanding what it is.

But for fun, let’s add Elden Ring to the mix
UYjcw1q.png

FROM is eating good these days lol

Lunarorbit

Scammed by a qa company? You must be joking cause you and I could have put cyberpunk into a ps4 and seen it crash instantly.

Cdpr said f it and released it anyway. Pierce lost a ton of respect in my eyes when she got bribed so obviously. She knew the state of the game on console; you don't work in the industry for as long as she does and then work for Cdpr as a consultant without hearing what's happening through sources.

She was bribed which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so blatant (a character of her in game!) and the sheer hypocrisy of her attitude. She always gives a holy than thou stance on video game social issues so it's embarrassing for her to be embroided in this

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

D5sL16s.png

Except where it matters most.
murica GIF

Brute

Sure I'd fuck her yeah but I don't want to hear her talking about shit.

Very cool news for the Xbros tho.

Edit: for those getting offended... nothing against women, I just don't like this woman and wanted to express it. If you have a problem with that, meet me at my place at dusk and we'll sort this out like gentlemen.
Why are there so many edgelords at the Gaf? You wouldn’t talk to people like this in real life, guaranteed.

Last edited:

Beechos

Not my problem. Even if I do get older my stance remains the same.

Just don’t go spouting things as if they are facts when they are just colored on your personal world view. Artificially stifling someone’s potential is the main reason why streaming will never be mainstream on any competitive game as it hinders the authenticity of every match. This is more true since the example given is Halo Infinite which is an MP game. You can stream your SP game whenever you want to your pleasure but even then there are some genre that are highly dependent on fast reflexes such as character action games and rhythm games.
Getting old and your body degrading are facts. Artificially stifling ones potential just like how top end pc equipment is out of the reach financially for alot of people? The tech to make streaming as good as native is today will get there at some point maybe not within the next 20 years but it will get there. If youre such an enthusiast you will know tech just gets better and better.

killatopak

Getting old and your body degrading are facts. Artificially stifling ones potential just like how top end pc equipment is out of the reach financially for alot of people? The tech to make streaming as good as native is today will get there at some point maybe not within the next 20 years but it will get there. If youre such an enthusiast you will know tech just gets better and better.
y2HOYe6.jpg

Back in 2013 where ping was shit all around.

I got into diamond with a potato PC that made League play at 24fps max at low setting back in 2015. The difference was I had 8 ping. I played on an internet cafe with vastly superior hardware and performed worse because they had higher ping. If I had to choose between ping and performance, I’d choose ping everyday as long as the frame rate is stable.

Are we talking about some imaginary tech from the future or are we talking about this girl reviewing a tech for today?

And before you think I’m making stuff up, feel free to look at when I first posted at the League OT here in Neogaf. I climbed to Diamond in a matter of weeks. Skipping ranks from Silver every step or the way. I had pics.

Starfield is a new IP, that one spike is when people started understanding what it is.
The spike is not when people understand what it is, it is because of the showcase where it was featured, so logically more people search for it. You see interested died down immediately again after that moment. So I think your reasoning there doesn't make much sense.

y2HOYe6.jpg

Back in 2013 where ping was shit all around.

I got into diamond with a potato PC that made League play at 24fps max at low setting back in 2015. The difference was I had 8 ping. I played on an internet cafe with vastly superior hardware and performed worse because they had higher ping. If I had to choose between ping and performance, I’d choose ping everyday as long as the frame rate is stable.

Are we talking about some imaginary tech from the future or are we talking about this girl reviewing a tech for today?

And before you think I’m making stuff up, feel free to look at when I first posted at the League OT here in Neogaf. I climbed to Diamond in a matter of weeks. Skipping ranks from Silver every step or the way. I had pics.
I think the girl had the monster server right in the next room, so no perceivable lag woohoo :)

reinking

Gold Member
For fucks sake. Some of you act like you have never seen a girl. Regardless of if you want to let us know you would have sex with her or if you are white knighting for her, it doesn't matter. None of this should be in the topic and most of you don't have a shot.

As for streaming, I thought when I got 1 gig service I would be golden. Nope. I still get perceivable lag on every service I have tried. I get better results streaming from my home consoles than I do through either service. Also, even if streaming to a TV was a good experience, it's definitely not going to be a deciding factor for me when I shop for a new one.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I get that Alanah Pearce is an attractive person for most of the straight men that constitute the majority of this forum and that seems to make people overly excited. What I don't get is the necessity of some to declare whether or not they'd have sex with her if given the chance or what that has to do with gaming.

Are the same people going to put the same "I'd have / not have sex with.." disclaimer about every person that is the source of a rumor, review or newspiece?
I don't recall seeing any posts starting with "Well I would totally have sex with Jason Schreier, but.."

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't intend to derail the conversation with the post I made, just make a joke but some people took it way too seriously. Still my fault, sorry OP. 🫂

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

That damn Cory being a 'bad influence' or really some of the audience believes in the console war more than the employees and specifically what is actually important in terms of gaining market share.

Its Photoshoped, apparently this is the real chart

6Q7YuxT.jpg

Top Bottom