• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce: XBOX + SAMSUNG APP: I played it early! [impressions & interview]

Goalus

Not really, it has taken over 7 years for Microsoft to catch up to Sony by putting cloud gaming onto a Samsung TV.
Sony has never ever been able to provide access to Psnow via smartphone - and still isn't. That's how far behind they are.

Ozzie666

I'm still not over her Cyberpunk coverage and her sell out. It's going to take a while to earn that back, if I care to listen. But before that she was a decent reporter of information she can hold a decent interview and panels, unlike a lot of youtubers.

TLZ

Banned
she seems so nice , she likes EVERYTHING
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Fahdis

Sure I'd fuck her yeah but I don't want to hear her talking about shit.

Very cool news for the Xbros tho.

Edit: for those getting offended... nothing against women, I just don't like this woman and wanted to express it. If you have a problem with that, meet me at my place at dusk and we'll sort this out like gentlemen.

Sounds like a stealth welcome for a man orgy. Buyers beware!

DaGwaphics

Tbh streaming onto my series X is really smooth, just very noticeable lower resolution, wonder how it will be on the TV.

Input latency is surprisingly good too.

Edit: wouldn't it make more sense to do a mega thread assuming numerous YouTubers got to try this early?

Yeah, I use it quite a bit for GP quests and to play FS or something where I don't want to use the space on the disk. The PC app is a nice experience now too, haven't tried Xbox.com/play in a bit.

JLB

Banned
Sounds terrible. There are few things I hate more than the analog positioning of PlayStation controllers.

Well yeah, im all for Xbox controller layout, but I guess that for Playstation users who want to try this thing having not to buy an xbox controller is a plus.

Pelta88

LOL.. She works for Sony Santa Monica Studio

What does that mean exactly? This is the same woman who sat and shilled for CD projekt Red's Cyber punk 2077 for years only later disclose she got paid for it.

Despite the studio never releasing a slice of the game running real time on console. She did podcast about the games, interviews, and hyped the game non stop. She got a job at SSM but is still in the business of pushing a narrative for whomever pays her. If you disagree go look up the shilling she did for CB all of that content is still out there.

I watched her XB app vid right up until the point where she said the app has zero latency on FPS and then remembered she is a shill.

Last edited:

sainraja

There’s no logical reason why anyone should be opposed to cloud streaming as an option.
As an option, sure. But sooner or later, the streaming option will be the one they will promote and fund more. I mean, if I am wrong, then good. :D
I like how things are now and definitely not a big fan of streaming.

DaGwaphics

I swear it's the same people that used to say "The human eye can't perceive more than 24 fps!"

I'd like to see a quote on that. I know there were some crazy comments about 720p, 900p, 1080p, 4k etc. But 60fps has been a thing since long before YT, hard to believe that anyone ever seriously said that.

Justin9mm

What does that mean exactly? This is the same woman who sat and shilled for CD projekt Red's Cyber punk 2077 for years only later disclose she got paid for it.

Despite the studio never releasing a slice of the game running real time on console. She did podcast about the games, interviews, and hyped the game non stop. She got a job at SSM but is still in the business of pushing a narrative for whomever pays her. If you disagree go look up the shilling she did for CB all of that content is still out there.

I watched her XB app vid right up until the point where she said the app has zero latency on FPS and then remembered she is a shill.
I hear ya. I'm not disagreeing or defending her. I know she did that with CB.

To be fair, I have played Infinite on xCloud through my Galaxy A52 and my Series X(to test it out). There were a few sessions where I had absolutely no perceivable lag and little to no pixilation. Other times it was an absolute mess of an experience. So this could just be her isolated experience. If anything she probably talking it up for Samsung to get early access for content on her channel but I don't think she shilling for Xbox.

killatopak

No way there’s no lag.

I mean I can feel the difference between 8 ping and 20 ping which I deal with on wired vs wifi connection while playing League. And before you say that’s imperceptible, that’s because you’re weak as fuck. Try to get into higher levels of competitive gaming like Masters to D2 and ping absolutely matters.

Beechos

No way there’s no lag.

I mean I can feel the difference between 8 ping and 20 ping which I deal with on wired vs wifi connection while playing League. And before you say that’s imperceptible, that’s because you’re weak as fuck. Try to get into higher levels of competitive gaming like Masters to D2 and ping absolutely matters.
Theres a huge population of gamers that are older and started playing since the nes days who are prob in their late 30's/early 40's even older You do know that as you get older your eyesight/reflexes/muscles etc get worse right? Thats not even including casuals. So for alot of people this will be good enough and they wont notice a difference.

killatopak

Theres a huge population of gamers that are older and started playing since the nes days who are prob in their late 30's/early 40's even older You do know that as you get older your eyesight/reflexes/muscles etc get worse right? Thats not even including casuals. So for alot of people this will be good enough and they wont notice a difference.
Not my problem. Even if I do get older my stance remains the same.

Just don’t go spouting things as if they are facts when they are just colored on your personal world view. Artificially stifling someone’s potential is the main reason why streaming will never be mainstream on any competitive game as it hinders the authenticity of every match. This is more true since the example given is Halo Infinite which is an MP game. You can stream your SP game whenever you want to your pleasure but even then there are some genre that are highly dependent on fast reflexes such as character action games and rhythm games.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Oh sweet, Alanah "Gamergate adjacent, I'm friends with Troy Baker so TLOU2 is awesome, I'm totally not bought out to give things positive coverage, Cyberpunk 2077 was a great game, and it has nothing to do with the free chair or the fact that I'm an NPC in it," Pearce, eh?

Sure, I'd fuck her, but I don't want to listen to her.

Ozriel

M$FT
No way there’s no lag.

The vast majority of gamers aren’t interested in getting into higher levels of competitive gaming.

If you need the absolutely lowest latency, native will always be the better option.

Just don’t go spouting things as if they are facts when they are just colored on your personal world view.

The irony.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There's

There's plenty of results on google! e.g.

Oh shit. The 24 fps limit. I havent seen that in years. LOL.

24 fps supporter: "Human eyes can only see 24 fps"

Non-believer: "Nope, humans can see faster than that. Check out games on PC at 60 fps or higher. Much smoother"

24 fps supporter: "BS. If humans could see higher than 24, film makers would had made it faster long time ago"

Ozriel

M$FT
Oh, so there is no lag? Perceptible or not is subjective. But is there no lag? Even 1ms? Fuck off.

How does that make sense to you? Every single time anyone says anything positive about the lag situation, it’s all about whether or not it’s perceptible.
And yes, that is subjective. And not dependent on whether people are ‘weak as fuck’ as you put it.

killatopak

How does that make sense to you? Every single time anyone says anything positive about the lag situation, it’s all about whether or not it’s perceptible.
And yes, that is subjective. And not dependent on whether people are ‘weak as fuck’ as you put it.
The facts: There is lag. No other two ways about it.
Subjective: It isn’t perceptible.

I don’t care how YOU feel about the lag. It’s not a fact for everyone else. Don’t paint it as a fact. What you feel may not be the same for me.

Unless the ping is single digit, I, myself, will feel the difference. I suspect a bunch of others who play competitive MP will feel it as well especially people who are used to play on single digit ping. I recognize there are people who play on higher ping because of circumstances regarding their location that they can’t control but I assure you 99% of them will prefer lower ping. The effect may not be pronounced but it is felt nonetheless.

There is lag and there will always be lag in game streaming. There’s no two ways about it. I’m sorry you’re offended of my enthusiast opinion on an enthusiast forum that I can’t relate to casuals especially in competitive cases like Halo Infinite. Like I said earlier, I don’t mind you streaming your SP games. Maybe you don’t even mind having lag on MP at low ranks. Just don’t think it will be prevalent in high ranks because every single advantage counts.

Ozriel

M$FT
The facts: There is lag. No other two ways about it.
Subjective: It isn’t perceptible.

I don’t care how YOU feel about the lag. It’s not a fact for everyone else. Don’t paint it as a fact. What you feel may not be the same for me.

Unless the ping is single digit, I, myself, will feel the difference. I suspect a bunch of others who play competitive MP will feel it as well especially people who are used to play on single digit ping. I recognize there are people who play on higher ping because of circumstances regarding their location that they can’t control but I assure you 99% of them will prefer lower ping. The effect may not be pronounced but it is felt nonetheless.

There is lag and there will always be lag in game streaming. There’s no two ways about it. I’m sorry you’re offended of my enthusiast opinion on an enthusiast forum that I can’t relate to casuals especially in competitive cases like Halo Infinite. Like I said earlier, I don’t mind you streaming your SP games. Maybe you don’t even mind having lag on MP at low ranks. Just don’t think it will be prevalent in high ranks because every single advantage counts.

The summary in the OP says “she noticed no perceptible lag”. You charged in here wailing about lies being told about no lag. When that was never stated.

Perhaps you should take more time to read OPs and the subsequent conversation before charging in? Because not a single person has said there’s no measurable lag, or claimed the current state of cloud streaming was ideal for the highest levels of competitive gaming.

Ozriel

M$FT
Isn’t she the one who said that Cyberpunk was amazing before it launched in a complete fucking mess? If so, sorry but I don’t believe you.

The PC release of Cyberpunk has an 86% Metacritic score, and ran much better than the console versions. 8 - 9 /10 scores in most review sites, including the popular ones. Singling her out because she got a chair while the game got 9/10 and 10/10 reviews from VGC, IGN, Hardcore Gamer and many other outlets is just plain silly.

If you cancel anyone who praised CP2077 PC version at launch, you’ll probably want to stay away from review sites.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/cyberpunk-2077/critic-reviews

killatopak

The summary in the OP says “she noticed no perceptible lag”. You charged in here wailing about lies being told about no lag. When that was never stated.

Perhaps you should take more time to read OPs and the subsequent conversation before charging in? Because not a single person has said there’s no measurable lag, or claimed the current state of cloud streaming was ideal for the highest levels of competitive gaming.
Because what she said is subjective.

To make it simple, I don’t believe what she said applies to everyone. Easy as that.

I mean do I have to to specifically say No way there’s no perceptible lag?

I can’t really deny what she felt about it. I however don’t believe she’s the best person to judge how perceptible that lag in this current streaming feature is. If you want me to believe anything about lag and how not perceptible they are then you better bring in pros from different MP games.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Sony has never ever been able to provide access to Psnow via smartphone - and still isn't. That's how far behind they are.

20151020-psnow-01.jpg

And they also had a Android app/apk for it. There is still enough room and time for Sony to release a PSNow Android and IOS app again.

Sony was and is actually way ahead of their time. Also in terms of remote play on the consoles.

Last edited:

I Master l

Banned
Aren't she suppose to be busy making games at Santa Monica ? and why Sony
alowed her to promot for the compitition ?

Last edited:

reksveks

Isn't she supposed to be busy making games at Santa Monica ? and why Sony
alowed her to promot for the compitition ?

That damn Cory being a 'bad influence' or really some of the audience believes in the console war more than the employees and specifically what is actually important in terms of gaining market share.

Last edited:
Top Bottom