• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aldnoah Zero Season 2 |OT| Inaho or Out, It's All The Slaine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

In addition to this, a few months ago fans on twitter could have forwarded questions to the staff which they would then answer in a booklet given at the event. The translation is here

One question from an english fan managed to get in
mkpEtW6.jpg

And they failed spectacularly.

Articalys

Some of the stuff in that Q&A is golden.
Q: What isn’t Inaho good at?
A: He hates winter, and he’s really sensitive to cold.
OUR HERO'S WEAKNESS REVEALED
Q: Was it hard to think of situations for Inaho to take down the Orbital Knights one at a time?
A: Basically, when we were designing the Martian Kataphrakts, we did think about what their powers would be before we thought of how they would be defeated. We did spend a lot of energy trying to make it all believable.
really now
Calm is Canadian, Nina is American, Captain is also American. Although Rayet is Martian, but her lineage is from Russia. [Slaine and his father were] born in Nordic Europe, so they’re European.
Actually, it's nice they considered those character details, even if they didn't do anything with then.

faridmon

I haven't watched the second cour of this show. Was it worth it?
I really liked the first part, even though some of the... contrived design decisions were questionable.

phaze

fuck this show's ending. Why am I still subbed to the thread.

stupid ass ending

Just the ending ? The show jumped shark by episode ~8 or something. By the time the ending was rolling in, you shouldn't had been expecting anything noteworthy.

I haven't watched the second cour of this show. Was it worth it?
I really liked the first part, even though some of the... contrived design decisions were questionable.

It's awful but if you liked the first season then hmmm maybe ? I'd strongly advise against it though.

Heysoos

Just the ending ? The show jumped shark by episode ~8 or something. By the time the ending was rolling in, you shouldn't had been expecting anything noteworthy.

meh, I still enjoyed it. Just the asspull of adding another character in the last fucking 2 episodes(3?) was stupid as hell.

Furyous

fuck this show's ending. Why am I still subbed to the thread.

stupid ass ending

We need a season 3 where disabled princess gets Slaine out of jail. This is one of the worst endings in recent history. No way in fuck should Slaine have let himself get captured anyway. Yeah, fuck the ending and that final battle with his mech nerfed. Yes, I'm mad.

Maebe

We need a season 3 where disabled princess gets Slaine out of jail. This is one of the worst endings in recent history. No way in fuck should Slaine have let himself get captured anyway. Yeah, fuck the ending and that final battle with his mech nerfed. Yes, I'm mad.

Ending would be better if he didn't kill Saazbaum imo. At least we'd have a decent big bad instead of a wishy washy one who was more in it for the princess than anything else. Slaine just gave up and wanted to die in the last fight and we all know nothing in the universe can defeat Inaho. The fact that he's more or less a docile prisoner now shows how much his ambitions depleted.

Frog-fu

Banned
The writers are satisfied with the ending and the sales weren't phenomenal, so probably not likely.

Damn it. Slaine must have justice.

I'm hoping for a manga that carries onwards with the story. I'd like to know more about Dr Troyard and why he left Slaine behind.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I haven't watched this season, so I'm going to have to ask questions to understand why others didn't like it.

Is it because people like Slaine?

Because really, if the season started with Inaho waking up miraculously and shooting Slaine 8 times in the face, I think that would be a great start to the season.

Or is it just shit across the board?

Frog-fu

Banned
I haven't watched this season, so I'm going to have to ask questions to understand why others didn't like it.

Because really, if the season started with Inaho waking up miraculously and shooting Slaine 8 times in the face, I think that would be a great start to the season.

Around here most foolishly hated on Slaine and liked Inaho, for whatever reason.

Most of us hate on the season because it was left a lot of loose ends and the writing was just... bad for the most part.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Around here most foolishly hated on Slaine and liked Inaho, for whatever reason.

Most of us hate on the season because it was left a lot of loose ends and the writing was just... bad for the most part.

Inaho is Batman. Slaine is the master of horrible decisions. I don't see anything foolish about that.

Anyway, sounds like I made the right decisions by skipping the second season. Time to start looking for another series to watch *sigh*

phaze

Inaho is Batman. Slaine is the master of horrible decisions. I don't see anything foolish about that.

Anyway, sounds like I made the right decisions by skipping the second season. Time to start looking for another series to watch *sigh*

I mean, if all you want to see is Slaine being shat on then by all means, watch it.

Frog-fu

Banned

If you mean he's like Batman in the sense that is an overrated, broken character protected by stupendous levels of plot armour... yeah, I guess I can see that.

Slaine made mistakes but he didn't come into leading the Martians by mistakes.

Speaking of mistakes, Inaho was the one that started their whole feud by being a belligerent dickhead after Slaine saved his worthless life. Still annoyed how that got swept under the rug.

The second season is very much watchable, albeit stupid. If you've got nothing better to do or are you just curious, go for it.

sonicmj1

The writing is awful. The events of the season are a bunch of drama about nothing that conclude without resolving any of the questions, both in a plot sense and in a political/philosophical sense, that the show has raised over the course of its run. Inaho and Slaine (particularly Inaho) develop adamantium plot armor. The cast on Earth ceases to develop in any way at all.

The way the first episode handles the consequences of the climactic conclusion of season one accurately reflects the second season's complete disregard for logical consequences to characters' actions. Do not watch the second season for any reason.

Dennis

Banned
Just finished marathoning this. It sucked compared to Season 1.

Inaho stayed the same cipher he started as but I can't make any sense of Slaine whatsoever.

Eddelrittuo should just have assassinated them all and seized control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom