• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alec Baldwin Kills Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins With Real Gun

Ionian

But you can keep making fun of America while more people flock here for opportunity than any other country on the planet. :messenger_beaming:

Tell that to the Irish, Spanish, Italians, Brazillians etc. That have been shunned by the country since the beginning.

But there's always an American that claims ancestry yet doesn't remember how they got there.

Colonialism. (Colinization was a great game, must go back to it).

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Tell that to the Irish, Spanish, Italians, Brazillians etc. That have been shunned by the country since the beginning.

But there's always an American that claims ancestry yet doesn't remember how they got there.

Colonialism. (Colinization was a great game, must go back to it).
LOL ok. Yeah, we just can't stand Irish, Spanish, Italians or Brazilians out here! :rolleyes:

I do like how you covered your lame argument with your second sentence though, and THEN tried to cover your second sentence with a third one. You obviously know how silly your statements are. Once you work your way down to "colonialism" on a thread about guns where I merely stated the basic truth that more people come here for opportunity than any country on Earth ... that's called "reaching." :messenger_tears_of_joy:

P.S. In regards to your first statement, this idea that people of other countries don't exhibit some kind of prejudice or "nativism" is silly. That kind of behavior is a global thing and exists everywhere.

Ionian

LOL ok. Yeah, we just can't stand Irish, Spanish, Italians or Brazilians out here! :rolleyes:

I do like how you covered your lame argument with your second sentence though, and THEN tried to cover your second sentence with a third one. You obviously know how silly your statements are. Once you work your way down to "colonialism" on a thread about guns where I merely stated the basic truth that more people come here for opportunity than any country on Earth ... that's called "reaching." :messenger_tears_of_joy:

P.S. In regards to your first statement, this idea that people of other countries don't exhibit some kind of prejudice or "nativism" is silly. That kind of behavior is a global thing and exists everywhere.

I don't disagree with your last sentence, I'm saying people were shunned and lived in poverty after the hope of a dream. Families here would starve to death during a famine just to send their eldest over to continue the name.

You're ignoring its birth and the horrid conditions that still to this day is reported.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I found this very informative ... Citing crew members interviews, actual 911 calls, etc.

It seems that it's common practice for actors not checking the guns ... According to interviews with crew, even Baldwin was concerned about safety. He'll get sued and probably settle but so far, it doesn't seem he'll face criminal charges. The armorer may, though.

Edit: also, Baldwin doesn't seem to be throwing anyone under the bus. Various crew members seem to be doing that to each other.

Last edited:

nbcjr

I found this very informative ... Citing crew members interviews, actual 911 calls, etc.

It seems that it's common practice for actors not checking the guns ... According to interviews with crew, even Baldwin was concerned about safety. He'll get sued and probably settle but so far, it doesn't seem he'll face criminal charges. The armorer may, though.

Edit: also, Baldwin doesn't seem to be throwing anyone under the bus. Various crew members seem to be doing that to each other.

Haven't you read the latest declaration of his wife? Seems they are shifting the blame.

Also, ever since I knew about this union workers leaving, I wondered if someone could have put the bullet in order to tarnish the set.

Malakhov

Banned
lmfao no it’s not. He’s just making fun of our retarded health care system
Wish I could use that retarded health care system instead of paying 50% of my income taxes (tens of thousands) for a health care system that makes me wait 12 hours at the emergency or weeks to get an appointment with my family doctor...

Last edited:
Sadly being an anti-gun nut probably was the main contributing factor. When you demonize things you tend not to learn that they are tools and have ways they have to be used safely.

It wasn't the completely inexperienced armorer on set, or the multiple layers of failure on set in regards to safety procedures, and it wasn't the (alleged) use of the firearm off set with live ammo, or the fact that multiple rounds of ammunition were stored carelessly amongst each other, or any of the other half dozen failings that let to this tragedy...

No sir..

The main contributing factor was that he was an "anti-gun nut".

Case closed folks. Pack it up, Columbo Highrider has solved it.

Patrick S.

Banned

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yup, just saw this news. Why the fuck is he suing? The only people who should be suing are the the victims or their families.
If you were put in a situation where you, through no fault of your own and due to the negligence of others, were traumatized by holding a young woman as she died you might feel differently.

Patrick S.

Banned
If you were put in a situation where you, through no fault of your own and due to the negligence of others, were traumatized by holding a young woman as she died you might feel differently.
Next time I see a bad traffic accident, Imma stop behind the wreck and sue the accident drivers for the trauma seeing that accident caused me.

American SUE EVERYONE! culture is horrible.

Lanrutcon

Shitty analogy.

Why? If you spot some dead people then it's believable that you'd potentially be traumatized. Find whoever caused the accident, hit him with the law, make some cash. Probably better if you bring your kids along. Then you can play the "think of the children!" angle as little Mark cries in front of the judge.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why? If you spot some dead people then it's believable that you'd potentially be traumatized. Find whoever caused the accident, hit him with the law, make some cash. Probably better if you bring your kids along. Then you can play the "think of the children!" angle as little Mark cries in front of the judge.
Because they were working on a set that were not following protocols and safety standards, made complaints about said safety standards, and then this happens.

Just like you'd be able to sue your employer too, if a similar set of events happened and were documented. This really isn't hard to understand why that is a shit analogy.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
Because they were working on a set that were not following protocols and safety standards, made complaints about said safety standards, and then this happens.

Just like you'd be able to sue your employer too, if a similar set of events happened and were documented. This really isn't hard to understand why that is a shit analogy.
Yeah and it very easily could have been any of them that were shot

Lanrutcon

Ah, I see. You don't consider the lawsuit a joke. I do, so I consider the analogy pretty fitting.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ah, I see. You don't consider the lawsuit a joke. I do, so I consider the analogy pretty fitting.
You can consider it a joke all you want, but the analogy is still shit.

Just say that you consider it a joke and stand by your statement. No need for ideocracy qualifiers to explain why.

Lanrutcon

You can consider it a joke all you want, but the analogy is still shit.

Just say that you consider it a joke and stand by your statement. No need for ideocracy qualifiers to explain why.

You're not getting me.

The analogy is fine if you consider the electrician's lawsuit a joke because the fictional lawsuit would be one too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You're not getting me.

The analogy is fine if you consider the electrician's lawsuit a joke because the fictional lawsuit would be one too.
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Lanrutcon

Yeah, maybe I worded it terribly. If you consider the electrician's case a valid one, then the analogy fails. If you consider the electrician's case invalid/without merit/opportunistic cashgrab, then the analogy works because the fictional case would be laughed out of court for being the same. Anyway, just my opinion. It's like midnight here. I should go sleep.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, maybe I worded it terribly. If you consider the electrician's case a valid one, then the analogy fails. If you consider the electrician's case invalid/without merit/opportunistic cashgrab, then the analogy works because the fictional case would be laughed out of court for being the same. Anyway, just my opinion. It's like midnight here. I should go sleep.
I never said I considered the case valid or invalid.

I said the analogy was stupid, and I laid out my logical reasoning as to why with a better analogy that happens every single day in workplace environments.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
George Clooney has ripped Alec Baldwin’s deadly shooting of the “Rust” cinematographer as “infuriating” and “insane” — insisting the star and his crew appeared to ignore decades-old safety rules used on every other set.

George Clooney has ripped Alec Baldwin’s deadly shooting of the “Rust” cinematographer as “infuriating” and “insane” — insisting the star and his crew appeared to ignore decades-old safety rules used on every other set.

“Every single time I’m handed a gun on a set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it to, we show it to the crew,” he told Maron.

“Everyone does it. Everybody knows,” Clooney said.

amadeus-there.gif

Hardensoul

Gold Member
“Every single time I’m handed a gun on a set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it to, we show it to the crew,” he told Maron.

amadeus-there.gif
What makes this even worst is, this is a western movie that uses those revolvers that you also have to manual pull the hammer back with other hand before pulling the trigger with other hand finger. And from another report the scene did not call for firing the gun.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
His totally normal wife, who was exposed as a white woman wearing brown-face for exotic minority points; complete with fake accent.

what killed me is when she goes "how you say in English...cucumber!"

Hollywood is fucking weird 🌝

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Y’all empty vessel posers in here projecting this and that he said she said political bullshit, can kiss my ass. I spoke from experience with firearms for over 30 years, as well as my film set experience on firearm safety with actors.

Firearm safely 101, Clooney knows.

And here is a seasoned veteran backing it up. That is proper procedure both on and off sets.

The only exception is elitism and public hero worship holding them to a different standard than if you did this in your own backyard.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Y’all empty vessel posers in here projecting this and that he said she said political bullshit, can kiss my ass. I spoke from experience with firearms for over 30 years, as well as my film set experience on firearm safety with actors.

And here is a seasoned veteran backing it up. That is proper procedure both on and off sets.

The only exception is elitism and public hero worship holding them to a different standard than if you did this in your own backyard.
No possible argument anymore

Azurro

Banned
If You Say So Shrug GIF

It makes me think that the original report of Baldwin handling the gun inappropriately and firing it at the dop and director over a repeated take is probably true. There's been a lot of information dripping that makes Baldwin look even worse over time in this incident.

NickFire

If You Say So Shrug GIF

100% this.

100% this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So the gun went off by itself?

Or is he speaking metaphorically like he did pulled the trigger, but didnt mean to kill her so it's like he didn't mean to?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
So the gun went off by itself?

Or is he speaking metaphorically like he did pulled the trigger, but didnt mean to kill her so it's like he didn't mean to?
I can't believe it either. I want to see that defense being laughed out of court, but he is famous and might get away with it.

Like the majority of this thread and internets in general when it comes to firearms.

Trying to distance himself more from any responsibility. Scum.

"It's the guns fault." "It's the cars fault" Seeing a pattern here, recently.
I agree that it's scummy, and that he's not doing himself any favors with how he's been handling this. But to be fair, how many people in his situation would be willing to take the blame for something like this, where you'd potentially be put in prison and have your entire life ruined? It's an innate sense of preservation, to not want to throw your entire life away, and to deflect any responsibility as much as possible, so you can remove yourself from that danger entirely.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I agree that it's scummy, and that he's not doing himself any favors with how he's been handling this. But to be fair, how many people in his situation would be willing to take the blame for something like this, where you'd potentially be put in prison and have your entire life ruined? It's an innate sense of preservation, to not want to throw your entire life away, and to deflect any responsibility as much as possible, so you can remove yourself from that danger entirely.
Oh I get why he's doing it. He still did it in the end.

But there will be those out there to buffet selective their virtues and outrage.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Like the majority of this thread and internets in general when it comes to firearms.

Trying to distance himself more from any responsibility. Scum.

"It's the guns fault." "It's the cars fault" Seeing a pattern here, recently.
I agree.

For cars, unless there is a major mechanical issue due to faulty parts nobody would know about, or a careless driver smashing into you, it's on you to drive safely and get your car maintained with check ups and good tires.

I've driven everything from a Honda Civic to my nice car now. Always all season tires even during snow. I have only changed tires on any car I've had once (this past summer). I bet on my other cars I was driving on half bald tires. One car I drive for 7 years with the same fucking tires!

Never spun out, slid into a ditch, overturned around a corner like I'm rally racing etc.... Even in snow and icy roads, as long as you dont gun it you can drive safe. Even with old tires and FWD cars.

But then some ass will spin out and blame the car or tires. Well, drive better or buy better tires.

Last edited:
Top Bottom