• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien isolation first 20 min (pewdewpie warning!)

32 million subscribers? There's no accounting for taste.

c7BSV2h.jpg

Toparaman

Banned
Go here to buy some official PewDiePie™ merchandise!
http://shop.pewdiepie.com/

Do you want to buy PewDiePie's™ headphones? Well now you can, only at the Razer® store!
http://www.razerzone.com/store/

Thank you for visiting PewDiePie™, an online video viewing platform provided to you by Maker Studios, Inc.
PewDiePie™ is a registered trademark of Pewdie Productions AB. All rights reserved.

Hahaha, dude is the new Fatal1ty.

I'll say it upfront : i don't like his style of commentary(pewpewdie). He acts like a hyperactive 12 year old and it's really distracting from the experience of the game. But props to him for being at the top of the mountain.

Darklord

Banned
All-Over Brofist Men's Tee
$ 28.00

All Sold Out

alloverbrofist_1024x1024.jpg

WTF people...Do these people make more than 50k a year?
Hell, I rather use that money on a nice steak dinner than that awful looking shirt.

Hahahahaha.

He made $4 million from youtube last year

Reedirect

Watched the first 10 minutes and holy damn this looks amazing. The very beginning with
Ripley's voice-over
was atmospheric as hell.

eXistor

Like any sane person, I hate Pewdiepie, but I very much like that he is the perfect marketing tool. Give him any game and millions of people will watch, guaranteed.

tassletine

Thought about posting this earlier, but I don't want to give PewDiePie more exposure. Not that it matters in the end, too late for that.

Anyway, I have no idea what's going on here, look at the animations and lip sync, the jank is real. Early version, or a sign of what's to come? I don't know. And it feels like there's something off with the aspect ratio, image feels compressed. Could be PDP's fault or there's something going on,

http://youtu.be/XU5JJraK7jQ?t=14m2s

The cinematics look fine but the gameplay needs to be corrected to a 16:9 aspect ratio (squished) I think there might be a problem with the game given that there are no black bars on the cinematics. Alien had a 2.35 apect ratio so I'm guessing they were going for a letterboxed look but the programmers forgot something along the way.

SZips

Hahahahaha.

He made $4 million from youtube last year
I think he's talking about the people spending money on the shirt. Ie: Why are they buying a shirt like that when they could spend the money on a nice steak dinner.

The thing about that is: It's more than likely kids buying those shirts. At least, kids getting their parents to buy them those shirts. So I rather doubt they care much about a good steak dinner.

JNT

The in-game animations (espescially facial animations) make the characters look uncanny to say the least.

CHC

Nice intro, the game looks great.

Also that guy is not nearly as annoying as many others, his enthusiasm is actually kind of likable. Think people are just taking him too seriously.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Nice intro, the game looks great.

Also that guy is not nearly as annoying as many others, his enthusiasm is actually kind of likable. Think people are just taking him too seriously.

its kind of built up over time. not all of his videos are bad. but some are pretty unwatchable

moggio

Banned
Total fucking blight of the internet for sure.

Nah, he's not. Fine if you don't like his "style" but he seems like a pretty nice guy and he does a lot for charity. His videos do tend to attract the dregs of the internet, however. It's no wonder he turned the comments on his videos off.

Beartruck

I mean that was the first video I had ever seen from PewDewPie and by the reactions in this thread I was expecting something horrible and obnoxious

But it really.. wasn't?

But whatever. Game looked interesting. Kinda bummed he cut it off right when things were getting good

He holds back in this video more than others. A lot of his videos have nothing but childish screaming. Also, I think retsupurae put together a compilation video of nothing but him screaming the word "rape" over and over. Hopefully that gives some context.

Sevenfold

All-Over Brofist Men's Tee
$ 28.00

All Sold Out

alloverbrofist_1024x1024.jpg

WTF people...Do these people make more than 50k a year?
Hell, I rather use that money on a nice steak dinner than that awful looking shirt.

The way that bro-fist on the left sleeve lines up is really bugging me.

hwy_61

Banned
I'm not a fan of PDP, but I just want to say that posting one of his videos on GAF is kind of pointless. His schtick puts so many people off, that you'll get pages of people talking about PDP, and how they don't get him, instead of the game he's showing off. Same goes for whenever there is a Francis video posted (boogie2988). Thread derailing, every single time.

termick

Banned
I'm not a fan of PDP, but I just want to say that posting one of his videos on GAF is kind of pointless. His schtick puts so many people off, that you'll get pages of people talking about PDP, and how they don't get him, instead of the game he's showing off. Same goes for whenever there is a Francis video posted (boogie2988). Thread derailing, every single time.

That's true, but still this is probably the first video with true gameplay of this game. You may not like PDP but you can still be interested in the game which makes this video interesting.

hwy_61

Banned
That's true, but still this is probably the first video with true gameplay of this game. You may not like PDP but you can still be interested in the game which makes this video interesting.

True, and I'm not throwing shit at this video, I just wanted to make a point in general.

psychotron

Game looks really good, but that guy is annoying as fuck. I guess I prefer no commentary at all, and his is just way over the top.

Blinck

I'm surprised that what turned me off the most about this video wasn't the host ( i had sound disabled ) but the fact that he is playing the game with a vertically stretched resolution. Seriously, how the fuck doesn't he notice it?

Clefargle

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to play video games for a living and get paid to do it. Hell, it's really not out of the question, I'm pretty good at CoD.. always wanted to join a tournament.

But the fact of the matter is this ... Video games are just hobbies. What happens when he can no longer make money on YouTube and is forced to get an actual job? Is he going to hand out a resume that says "Youtube personality" under past work experience? I just don't see how this "job" can contribute anything to society by playing video games and posting the videos online.

omg, you act like videography, broadcasting, public speaking, commentating, and narration aren't careers. Ask John Madden how his "sports personality" gig worked out for him. Or how Roger Ebert's film critic "job" played out. Jesus, lol, you act like internet video content is some fad that's about to deflate and become worthless. Even if YouTube becomes unprofitable in the next five years (which I doubt) and Pewdiepie loses all his subscribers (which I doubt) he will still have made enough money to be on any entertainment/marketing sleazeball's radar.

They've really drip fed gameplay in the wrong way for this title, all the 'Lets Plays' I've seen so far have included people who's commentary just totally kills the entire feel of the game.

The quirky commentary and forced attempted funny one liners just don't go with this game. I get that youtube is a great marketing tool, but it really can be bad at times too.

EGM1966

How does a guy who knows nothing about Alien(s) get the honor of debuting this?
I'm gonna guess because they reckon he will have best reach to drive interest and therefore sales?

I'm not a fan but there's no doubting the positive impact he can have on a games commercial performance.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Looks and sounds good, but the animations and lipsync were (surprisingly) mediocre. But I guess you won't run into many characters in the game anyway.

Top Bottom