• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALIENATION announced (by Housemarque/Sony)

Ehhh.

Was hoping Housemarque would make a new game that isn't a dual joystick shooter.

That platformer they did a few years ago was ok.

Carcetti

This game looks great.

Have they mentioned anything about CoOp or online play?

Still looks marvelous. HouseMarque never fails.

• Different player classes, key skills upgrades and customization for weapons to create the hero character that suits the way you play
• 4-players co-op and the possibility to invade other players as mercenary bounty hunters

From their site. Looks great!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dead Nation never really grabbed like SSHD or Resogun do because it's pacing was more irregular. This looks more like the non-stop pacing of SSHD/Resogun which works better for me. Definitely want to see more first, since they're calling this their largest title to date. Still don't really know what that means based off this trailer alone.

There needs to be a gameplay wise penalty for going rogue. You can't have a player turn on the team without consequences. Increase the enemy difficulty, have them swarm that person, etc.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
There needs to be a gameplay wise penalty for going rogue. You can't have a player turn on the team without consequences. Increase the enemy difficulty, have them swarm that person, etc.
That doesn't seem to be what they mean by "go rogue" - it's not turning on your team but rather simply playing as a bounty hunter that can go after other teams in the first place.

No offense, but there are a lot of games that are from this perspective/genre in the indie scene. Only reason to get excited is because it's Housemarque, but it didn't wow me :(

Atruvius

Dead Nation never really grabbed like SSHD or Resogun do because it's pacing was more irregular. This looks more like the non-stop pacing of SSHD/Resogun which works better for me. Definitely want to see more first, since they're calling this their largest title to date. Still don't really know what that means based off this trailer alone.
Because, at least at the release, you couldn't play it in short bursts because you couldn't save in the middle of a level. And the gameplay was more suited to shorter bursts not to half hour levels you can't quit.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Because, at least at the release, you couldn't play it in short bursts because you couldn't save in the middle of a level. And the gameplay was more suited to shorter bursts not to half hour levels you can't quit.
I understand the motivation, that still doesn't make it the more appealing approach for me.

Decado

Looks good, but I still want Dead Nation 2. I think I prefer the pacing of that game to what I see in that video.

So does this confirm they're not making dn2?

SerTapTap

Looks great, hopefully it's a lot faster paced than Dead Nation though. DN is easily my least favorite of their games.

^thisisneogaf.gif

Top Bottom