• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALIENATION announced (by Housemarque/Sony)

Z6PaMZN.jpg

It looks way better then I remember.

Fark. Came to post this lol!

Im loving Sony's Diverse library of games. Its nice to play alot of high quality console games, without having to hand over $60 every damn time. A little bit of AAA, a little bit of Indie, a little bit of AA high quality $15-$30 games. Gotta love it.

Paertan

Hopefully it has local coop. At least for two players. Really loved all their previous games so think I will enjoy this as well.

This looks like a game I will load up every night after a long day, kick my surround to 40, turn up the bass, blast away and grin for half an hour and walk away damn pleased

Zen

Banned
I am sort of wondering if a Vita version is also in the works. Dead Nation hit Vita and this looks fairly conservative visually.

I hope this is basically Dead Nation but with aliens.

I'm not a fan of SSHD or Resogun. I prefer games where you essentially have to journey to point B instead of games where's you're trapped in an arena and your objective is to score a certain number of points.

Totally agree. Makes a big difference for me for some reason.

I'm in the same boat. I loved SSHD, but I prefer my games to have a bit more context and narrative drive, which is why I preferred the structure of Dead Nation.

They're making team killing a bullet point?
Fuck right off.

I think it's more like you can invade other people's games a la Dark Souls.

Sony has to buy Housemarque ASAP.

If Sony were looking into acquiring one of their partners then Housemarque would be at or near the top of that list, but they seem to have a good relationship the way things are and Housemarque pretty much work exclusively with Sony anyway.

Bishop89

DAY 1. Housemarque becoming one of my fav devs.

This trailer looked intense!
So much action!
That destruction
Mowing down hundreds of aliens looked amazing!

Nozem

Looks a lot like Dead Nation, which I absolutely loved (and platinum'd). Maybe a bit too much like Dead Nation, I was hoping for something different.

Ah well, in Housemarque we trust.

Planet

But... will it be in 60 FPS? I mean, it almost has to be for such fast paced action with so much going on, but it looks so nice and they haven't spoken a word about that yet.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
guess this will compete with helldivers, which i'm more excited with tbh
Beyond the space marines vs aliens theme, I'm not really seeing huge overlap here. Alienation looks more like it's focused on twitch/arcade action with a small helping of strategy on the side while Helldivers looks far more focused on strategy. I think they're going to be abundantly different in execution.

But... will it be in 60 FPS? I mean, it almost has to be for such fast paced action with so much going on, but it looks so nice and they haven't spoken a word about that yet.

Holy jesus, man. I don't know but yes, probably. This is Housemarque.

Reading about 60fps in every fucking thread is actually making me angry. Sorry.

SerTapTap

All what them make is awesome. One of the best studios out there

Not sure there's any need...have they made anything not for Sony since Stardust? Then again I thought the same of Q Games, and a year or two ago they seemed to be ready to bail on consoles altogether...now they're making a PS4 exclusive. So who knows.

Not sure there's any need...have they made anything not for Sony since Stardust? Then again I thought the same of Q Games, and a year or two ago they seemed to be ready to bail on consoles altogether...now they're making a PS4 exclusive. So who knows.

I want to say...Outland? Was that the platformer they made? I thought they made it to xbox but I can't remember.

They have always made small solid games that are fun and get more competitive the better you are at the game. I was playing Road to redemption for Dead nation this last weekend and it's still lots of fun.

Angelcurio

Gold Member

All what them make is awesome. One of the best studios out there

AlarmingMerryHydatidtapeworm.gif

That image reminds me of Renegade Ops. The engine from Avalanche Studios could produce some really beatiful and explosive graphics. Too bad Avalanche has not reused it in another game with the same overhead view.

GOD, this looks so fucking dope. Dead Nation turned out to be one of my favorite experiences so far this year in co-op mode, after being pretty down on it when I first tried the single player mode. Can't wait to do some couch coop playing with this.

DrZeus

I wouldn't say "poor Helldivers" as I personally think that looks like the stronger game, but it did surprise me that Sony would commission two very similar games in development at the same time.

Both games look awesome, yet slightly different enough to be enjoyable on their own. When the hell is Helldivers coming out anyway? Feel like we haven't seen much of it lately and it seems like it was announced forever ago.

Top Bottom