• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALIENATION announced (by Housemarque/Sony)

Planet

Hope you get infinite ammo, it makes dual stick shooters infinitely more fun IMO.
Depends IMO, there is room for both, that's why I guess Helldivers and this can happily coexist. Judging from the presented style in the trailer, it looks like unlimited ammo and no friendly fire (unless you turn rogue). So more over the top action without too much to worry besides getting swarmed or letting a stronger enemy come too close, compatible with online matchmaking.

Helldivers has limited ammo, friendly fire is a huge problem, even from your own sentry gun, heck even from supply pods. That makes that game much more strategic and slow, also a PITA with strangers, best played with friends to yell at. ;)

kyser73

Assault Android Cactus now has some competition for my affections.

Not really - I'm soooo hyped for both these games.

Dinjooh

gif-1gekqw.gif

gif-27mjgb.gif

gif-31ijxf.gif

gif-40mjzl.gif

HQ-Trailer and screenshots available here:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_alienation_trailer-15685_en.html

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This game looks like a frantic and fast paced version of DN and I for one am all for this. Just rewatched the trailer in hd and it looks like a blast to play. Just look at those gifs... dayum.

Shredderi

This game looks like a frantic and fast paced version of DN and I for one am all for this. Just rewatched the trailer in hd and it looks like a blast to play. Just look at those gifs... dayum.

Yep I'm loving what I'm seeing. I wanted more dead nation but this might be better.

gif-31ijxf.gif

I love the rise of particle effects we're seeing in this generation. Hnnnng.

SerTapTap

Looks great! Hope you get infinite ammo, it makes dual stick shooters infinitely more fun IMO.

I like how Android Cactus does it. Infinite main gun ammo, cooldown on your "big gun". Means you never stop shooting, controls are simple, but there's still some strategy in which gun to use. Hated ammo in Dead Nation. The rifle was AWFUL, I mostly used the SMGs at all times, but ammo.

Beyond the space marines vs aliens theme, I'm not really seeing huge overlap here. Alienation looks more like it's focused on twitch/arcade action with a small helping of strategy on the side while Helldivers looks far more focused on strategy. I think they're going to be abundantly different in execution.
I hope so. It definitely looks eerily similar. I want both games to succeed.

Linconan

When i first read the title for the Name, i thought it was going to be based off the Movie.

But,
This looks wicked regardless. Day 1

hesido

The game probably be running at 30fps :( Them particles flying about at 60fps would have been nice..

http://www.gamepur.com/feature/1606...n-destructionexplosion-dark-souls-series.html

Gamepur: Is 1080p and 60FPS is again the target of Housemarque for Alienation?

Tommaso De Benetti: That is something we will look into during the optimization phase. What I can say is that the pace of the game is very different from the one in Resogun, and navigating the environment is a slower process than boosting around a cylinder, so we'll take that into account when we'll have to decide how to use the resources at our disposal.

Gamepur: Does the Resolution/FPS figure matters to developers or its their initial target to offer "amazing gameplay experience" and then decisions on Resolution/FPS figure are taken?

Tommaso De Benetti: We try to get the best of both worlds when possible, but sometime we face dilemmas such as: "If we want to make this level destructible, it can't run at 60fps", or "if we want this amount of particles, we can make it run at 60, but if we want twice the amount, we need to run it at 30". So at the end of the day one needs to consider what's best for gameplay. Does it benefit more from a higher framerate or from that specific feature? If we remove the feature, is the gameplay still intact? Is it still fun?

Top Bottom