• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raonak

Banned
Sort of split into stuff they said in the hearing and stuff they promised to provide behind closed doors. With the closed doors all the juicy stuff of course.

The interdimensional tangent was weird to me. I'm no physicist but sounded like talking out his ass.
I wonder whats the deciding factor over what information gets revealed publically or not.

Its not like he himself saw the actual details, he's just sharing second hand knowledge, so there shouldn't be much to keep classified besides the specific details behind the people he got his information from. And the places detailed.
Also it's not entirely true that he didn't specify aliens either. He's described the space craft of non human origin. Exotic origin. Which shows it's not about human tech. The craft being non human is pretty specific because a test animal can't create that. It kinda makes it clear cut.

How does he jump to the conclusion that it's non human though? Its not like he's had contact with all the government's in the world to know that it isn't possible.

Last edited:

Romulus

The worldwide conspiracy part is the part I struggle most to believe, even more than aliens being real. You think Putin or any other USA enemies wouldn't have come out by now and said the americans are hiding extraterrestials? It's the lowest hangest fruit.

Nope. Yeah I believe if there's any truth to this it's all being keep really close to their chest, so close that most people within their government have no idea.

Crayon

I wonder whats the deciding factor over what information gets revealed publically or not.

Its not like he himself saw the actual details, he's just sharing second hand knowledge, so there shouldn't be much to keep classified besides the specific details behind the people he got his information from. And the places detailed.

The story is that some things break his own clearances while some things don't. I don't know how any of that works and haven't looked into it. I'm sure someone credible must have given their two cents by now.

Raonak

Banned
The biggest problem with "government secret tech" is ww2 pilots reported extremely similar unknowns like Fravor at the hearing. This continued to.happen through the 50s, 60, all the way until the 2000s across several countries.
Just seems ridiculous this is a worldwide coordinated conspiracy of secret tech spanning several nations and eras. Even the radar operators are "in on it" I guess.
That's not true at all. UFO sighting descriptions have constantly changed over time. Often matching design trends of the time. It used to be saucer like, to orb like, to tik tacs.

The only similarities is that they fly in the air. And are something they can't identify.

Its got nothing to do with some worldwide conspiracy. Its various governments and even private companies have secret technology.

Its not a big leap at all.

Romulus

That's not true at all. UFO sighting descriptions have constantly changed over time. Often matching design trends of the time. It used to be saucer like, to orb like, to tik tacs.

The only similarities is that they fly in the air. And are something they can't identify.

Its got nothing to do with some worldwide conspiracy. Its various governments and even private companies have secret technology.

Look up foo Fighters and tell me the unknowns did not operate in the same manner. I mean do expect craft to have the exact same shape over 80 years?

But let's nail down ww2. You think that was "nazi secret tech?"

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
US having aliens would like imply other governments in the world have aliens too. Wouldn't that point to a global conspiracy more so.

There's no reason to believe that US are the only ones who've captured UFOs and or Aliens.

Many governments would jump at the chance to be the first ones to show off something as groundbreaking like that.

Last edited:

Crayon

That's not right on the shapes. For a long time the most common shapes have been described as saucer, triangular, spherical, and "cigar-shaped" which I always though was a funny way to say cylindrical. The saucer was the pop-culture one, though.

SiteSeer

the problem with this hypothesis is that the observed claimed abilities of these craft are beyond current physics. things like instant acceleration, 90 degree turns at speed, traversing across the horizon in a second without producing a wake or sonic boom. there is a complete disregard for inertia and newtonian physics. it is claimed that government and private industry is in possession of crashed or landed vehicles i doubt we have any idea how these things work.

Romulus

US having aliens would like imply other governments in the world have aliens too. Wouldn't that point to a global conspiracy more so.

There's no reason to believe that US are the only ones who've captured UFOs and or Aliens.

Many governments would jump at the chance to be the first ones to show off something as groundbreaking like that.

I don't remember the US showing off the stealth bomber or sr71 until after it was used against its enemies.

If true this has an inherit military application. But the idea that because Americans have a craft, Argentina does also is a bit far fetched. It could easily be an extremely rare event.

Crayon

the problem with this hypothesis is that the observed claimed abilities of these craft are beyond current physics. things like instant acceleration, 90 degree turns at speed, traversing across the horizon in a second without producing a wake or sonic boom. there is a complete disregard for inertia and newtonian physics. it is claimed that government and private industry is in possession of crashed or landed vehicles i doubt we have any idea how these things work.

If they have them and are trying to reverse engineer... my bet is they've gotten fucking nowhere lol. It would be like giving someone in the middle ages a jet engine. At best, they would have got some inspiration to pursue certain technologies of our own.

Romulus

Yeah that's the main similarity. The pilots keep reporting getting absolutely smoked in terms of speed. Just gone in the blink of an eye and that the uaps are observing their squadrons. Those are distinct similarities.

How does he jump to the conclusion that it's non human though? Its not like he's had contact with all the government's in the world to know that it isn't possible.
I'll tell you what I think.

IF TRUE I have a feeling he knows they are obviously alien. He knows they found proper bodies, probably knows the government made contact. So yes the ship is otherworldly because of that fact. He said he's talked to people who worked in reverse engineering programs. These people are the ones who said they saw the beings and the spacecraft.

That's what I think. It's not just oh that's a cool ship, must be alien. Really think there's a lot of context we are missing that is in classified nature. Like Marco Rubio said, " if this is true it's the biggest story of humankind".....
...." If it's not, we have a lot of crazy people in high level positions within our government".

as Grusch said he spent 11 hours talking about this with the intelligence committee

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
For the folks that are so certain that this is nothing and it's just more conspiracy shit...

How do you explain the UAPs. Like the tic tac and spheres. The first hand accounts from military pilots being baffled by the maneuverability. That one account of them dropping down from 80,000ftbto 20,000. Hang out for a bit then shoot back up to 80,000

Is this simply military exercises. Don't worry, move along?

Even if you don't think it's aliens I figure it's probably a good thing to have it figured out or have some discourse about these that's taken seriously.

I think the lack of curiosity is just as crazy as the folks 100% certain it's aliens.

Last edited:
For the folks that are so certain that this is nothing and it's just more conspiracy shit...

How do you explain the UAPs. Like the tic tac and spheres. The first hand accounts from military pilots being baffled by the maneuverability. That one account of them dropping down from 80,000ftbto 20,000. Hang out for a bit then shoot back up to 80,000

Even if you don't think it's aliens I figure it's probably a good thing to have it figured out or have some discourse about these that's taken seriously.

I think the lack of curiosity is just as crazy as the folks 100% certain it's aliens.
It wouldn't be our military because they warn about things like that and wouldn't do it near jets and put lives at risk. So it wouldn't be ours so if it's not aliens this tech must be Russian or Chinese.

The Tic Tac not only went 80,000 to a lower altitude in an instant it also went under water.

Here's the more interesting question. If these things defy physics..... Do we really believe we cracked that code? Or we reversed engineered something to figure out how to crack that code?

So things get really interesting....... It could be foreign based on alien.

Last edited:

Crayon

Amen. This whole thing where people say don't worry it's probably just a super secret advanced technology the government is hiding so don't bother looking into it is nuts.

Romulus

No one will be able to explain it. The "secret tech" crowd likes to ignore that actual secret craft avoid friendlies and training grounds.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned

The problem is everything so far is dependent on eyewitness testimony which doesn't really mean much. I get it's under oath, but ask a religious man if he believes (under oath) that God exists, and he'll say absolutely yes.

Assuming it's true. There's so many hoops to jump through to go from UFO sightings to ETs to even hostile ETs to extradimensional beings. Many people seem to be already convinced of aliens and are trying to work backwards.

Let's just stick to trying to even confirm UFOs in the first instance.

The facts are just this: many people have claimed to see weird things in the sky that move beyond our known understanding.

And as it stands that's what we have. If they exist they'll get leaked or disclosed or whatever.

And if no evidence ever pops up... I guess we just wait for the aliens to just reveal themselves.

Last edited:

Crayon

The problem is everything so far is dependent on eyewitness testimony which doesn't really mean much. I get it's under oath, but ask a religious man if he believes (under oath) that God exists, and he'll say absolutely yes.

Assuming it's true. There's so many hoops to jump through to go from UFO sightings to ETs to even hostile ETs to extradimensional beings. Many people seem to be already convinced of aliens and are trying to work backwards.

Let's just stick to trying to even confirm UFOs in the first instance.

The facts are just this: many people have claimed to see weird things in the sky that move beyond our known understanding.

And as it stands that's what we have. If they exist they'll get leaked or disclosed or whatever.

And if no evidence ever pops up... I guess we just wait for the aliens to just reveal themselves.

I'm mostly with you but I think we're past the point of confirming they exist. We're on the step of trying to figure out what they are.

That's the neat thing. They won't.

I really want to believe. I’d enjoy an alien invasion. This though, the Oversight Subcommittee hearing, is like a bad Tubi documentary.

It’s Mr. Graves, Ms. Mace, Ms. Foxx, Mr. Frost, Ms. Bush, Mr. Biggs, that I can live with.

But it’s the white dude in the Crip bandana that I can’t.

What the fuck am I watching?

FunkMiller

Just because something is currently unexplained, it does not follow that the explanation is aliens. This is the same kind of fallacious logic that religious people employ when science admits there are things it does not know.

God of the gaps. Aliens of the gaps.

I’ve already explained at length what the causes of these phenomena might well be, and all of them are far, far more probable than visitations of alien races across the vast gulfs of space. Natural phenomena, human error, technological failure. All massively more likely causes.

It’s not a lack of curiosity. It’s the acceptance of how vastly improbable alien visitations are given the way the universe functions. And along with that is the knowledge that the actual causes are going to be far more prosaic and dull than people want them to be.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Here’s an interesting read for anybody that is interested. There are too many highlights to post here, so I recommend reading the entire thread.

Please, please stop posting stuff from Twitter written by idiots. This conversation cannot go anywhere until this kind of thing stops, and you're all just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

This guy is a far right, pro-Putin lunatic who turns up on Tucker Carlson to spout utter gibberish. If he can be as wrong as he is on something as simple as geo-politics, then just imagine how wrong he can be on things involving space. He has absolutely zero knowledge of, or training in, astrophysics.

If you're going to listen to anyone, listen to actual experts on these things, instead of Twitter idiots like this.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Please, please stop posting stuff from Twitter written by idiots. This conversation cannot go anywhere until this kind of thing stops, and you're all just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

This guy is a far right, pro-Putin lunatic who turns up on Tucker Carlson to spout utter gibberish. If he can be as wrong as he is on something as simple as geo-politics, then just imagine how wrong he can be on things involving space. He has absolutely zero knowledge of, or training in, astrophysics.

If you're going to listen to anyone, listen to actual experts on these things, instead of Twitter idiots like this.
Maybe after you’re done with your ad-hominem attacks you can revisit the question you have repeatedly ignored from me.

Would you like to see further investigations following the congressional hearing and resources allocated to verify the authenticity of the claims?

Who are you to police this?

FunkMiller

Maybe after you’re done with your ad-hominem attacks you can revisit the question you have repeatedly ignored from me.

Would you like to see further investigations following the congressional hearing and resources allocated to verify the authenticity of the claims?

Are you asking do I think more time and money should be spent into investigating whether aliens have visited this planet or not?

No. Of course not. For all the reasons I’ve already stated.

Also, an ad hominem attack is generally aimed you as an individual. If you saw my post as an ad hominem on you, that means you are Clint Ehrlich. In which case, get help.

sono

Steven Greer claims the tictac are human made out of Northrop Grumman etc projects from crashed UFO

5m:39s

sono

Greer is certainly able to talk and sounds like he 100% believes what he says. But what he talks about is so out there it means folk dont believe it, it is too far out

Greer is certainly able to talk and sounds like he 100% believes what he says. But what he talks about is so out there it means folk dont believe it, it is too far out
Also, he sells camping sessions for ten grand a pop where he promises to make contacts with aliens, and then pays pilots to drop flares, which certainly harms his credibility.

He’s exaggerated or lied about meetings with military and politicians in the past as well.
There are things he’s probably saying that are true, but the water is so muddy it’s best to just ignore him.

Last edited:

That's not true. They have records of these same shapes described in the past. How people DESCRIBE it is different based on their times not so much what they are.

There's a roman scroll at the Vatican where roman soldiers describe a burning wheel ( saucer ) following them from battle to battle in the sky.

Lue Elizondo says they have records of the tic tac shape earlier on and it was described as a propane tank instead. Orbs have been around for the longest time too. Saucers are still seen.

Tygeezy Tygeezy

Thanks for the great thread of information. This is a bipartisan issue and I really don't care what any person believes politically. I care about the information they bring to the table for this. Posting declassified documents suggesting the US did/does have a program is great info. Anyone trying to ignore that because well this guy has political views I hate is very questionable to me personally.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
That's not true. They have records of these same shapes described in the past. How people DESCRIBE it is different based on their times not so much what they are.

There's a roman scroll at the Vatican where roman soldiers describe a burning wheel ( saucer ) following them from battle to battle in the sky.

Lue Elizondo says they have records of the tic tac shape earlier on and it was described as a propane tank instead. Orbs have been around for the longest time too. Saucers are still seen.
How cool would it be if we've been monitored for thousands of years, and the aliens/whatever they are end up sharing their video/whatever records with us. Duuuuuude lol

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Apparently committee members are being denied access to a SCIF. Some of them have filed for the formation of select committee with subpoena power, so that might be productive in advancing the investigation.

I think the best strategy is to follow the money. If Grush's accusations are true and the DOD is misappropriating funds from elsewhere, that criminality gives weight to the investigation.

How cool would it be if we've been monitored for thousands of years, and the aliens/whatever they are end up sharing their video/whatever records with us. Duuuuuude lol
I've thought about this. I can't imagine seeing footage of some of humanities biggest moments. It would be so weird....

Here's a question:

If given an opportunity to see any event in human history, what would you want to see?

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I've thought about this. I can't imagine seeing footage of some of humanities biggest moments. It would be so weird....

Here's a question:

If given an opportunity to see any event in human history, what would you want to see?
The JFK sex tapes ?

Or the first official meeting between the Aliens and who ever met them.

Last edited:

midnightAI

In the scope of a universe being billions of years old, is it that far-fetched that a civilization 1,000, 2,000, or even 10,000 years more advanced than us exists? That would explain both the technological capabilities and the time it would take them to get here. Even a difference of 10,000 years out of 14,000,000,000 is a variance of less than 0.0001%.

I don't understand why you and others are putting human-like restrictions on their means under the guise of it being limited by our current understanding of physics and technology. Before the Wright brothers, lots of smart people thought human flight was impossible. You're assuming they would identify us via radio waves and not a method we're not yet aware of.

The fact is, we don't know what methods they might have of identifying life in the universe or means of travel. And there are accounts of seeing strange things in the sky from very far back, longer than 130 years ago. Religious texts have a record of something like that happening. Not saying it was the aliens...but...

I'm also not saying I know with certainty what's going on, but to preclude the possibility with such authority seems misguided.
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying improbable. You keep bringing up the flight thing, yet, we did it because we knew it was possible (I don't know where you got impossible from) because, well, birds and insects fly, so it's not impossible.

To detect us WE have to send out signals that can be detected, you can't just chance on seeing something so far away (even if you could) because space is frickin huge. Then again, I guess they could use a smell-o-scope.

Oh, and please dont bring religious texts into this, religious texts such as the bible are not scientific books.

But again, I'd be happy to be proven wrong (about the existence of extra Terrestrials that is, not religion)

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

This is a silly argument. We all assume that any species who has a technology as advanced as interstellar travel must also have all the other technologies, and also know everything about us and that's just our primal god-think.

If there's aliens out there, those aliens also have science fiction movies about all the crap they still can't do. No one ever reaches the limits of technology.

Last edited:

Doczu

Gold Member

Here's a question:

I've got 3:

Nuclear bombing of Hiroshima/Nagasaki

The eruption and destruction of Pompei

Crucifiction of Christ

FunkMiller

This is a silly argument. We all assume that any species who has a technology as advanced as interstellar travel must also have all the other technologies, and also know everything about us and that's just our primal god-think.

If there's aliens out there, those aliens also have science fiction movies about all the crap they still can't do. No one ever reaches the limits of technology.

I think the point is that if an alien species were to have the technological capabilities to travel many light years to reach Earth, then it's not going to be a few pilots, or a couple of radar emplacements that will be the only things to detect them. We are constantly monitoring both near field space and far field. And while I'm sure you - and others - may come back with the argument that they could have special cloaking devices, or some such similar, because they are so technologically advanced... scientific reality doesn't support those kinds of sci-fi concepts.

Travelling at warp drive speeds would make an awful lot of 'noise', given that it would require the manipulation of the spacetime continuum itself via collapsed mass, which, needless to say, would be extremely noticeable and easy to detect.

To put it mildly, if aliens were ever to visit this planet, we'd all fucking know about it.

Last edited:

Yep. This is a dumb argument. We don’t know what it here. It could be van Neumann probes. How would they know what we have to pick up things? They may not have known anything would be here if it’s a blanket probe exploration thing. And so far, we’ve been horrible at picking up anything reliably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom