• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

There's a difference between ants that may not even be conscious and things like animals and humans. Even we over time have slowly started to value animal life, and seek a lack of cruelty in their treatment and even deaths.

I don't know if they are really super advanced, they should be able to duplicate it in simulation after only sampling the satellites or understand it fully with super intelligent analysis.

china was unmanned, iirc. And nasa is having to redevelop the technology.

Couldn't find the original clip, but here's a cut from a youtube video I found searching for the quote.

Germany may've been publically ahead, but we don't know who was ahead behind closed doors. There might also have been limitations to the technology like being unable to use weaponry at the speeds they operated. Or there might've been too few crafts to make a difference. Perhaps they were too difficult to manufacture and were mostly used for reconnaissance.

edit: I should also add that if these were super advanced crafts, far beyond us, one would imagine some form of advanced cloaking technology should be possible and they should've been able to develop it.

The moon guy doesn't really convince me of anything. Were still incredibly primitive even if we go to mars, it's in our backyard cosmically.

But why should aliens cloak if we can't do anything but speculate?

Germany was far ahead of everyone, theres absolutely zero question of that. Everyone in the world fought over their scientists after the war it was so blatant. Yet they somehow had technology 150 years ahead but didn't use it.

The moon guy doesn't really convince me of anything. Were still incredibly primitive even if we go to mars, it's in our backyard cosmically.

But why should aliens cloak if we can't do anything but speculate?

Germany was far ahead of everyone, theres absolutely zero question of that. Everyone in the world fought over their scientists after the war it was so blatant. Yet they somehow had technology 150 years ahead but didn't use it.
Perhaps they have a long range tech that works within the atmosphere only. But really practically everything can be learned remotely from outside the atmosphere. What could possibly necessitate going into the atmosphere? Physical samples? If they don't care , and are beyond our ability to counter them , why not take people up mid street new york? or something like that, after all if you say they don't need cloaking, if it doesn't matter how much we detect them? Why not take animals and people and scan, kidnap or dissect? And still, even genetic sequencing is cheap for us, so I imagine they wouldn't need decades or centuries of samples.

edit:
If it is only observation and long distance scans, that can probably be easily done from outside the atmosphere

Last edited:

Romulus

Perhaps they have a long range tech that works within the atmosphere only. But really practically everything can be learned remotely from outside the atmosphere. What could possibly necessitate going into the atmosphere? Physical samples? If they don't care , and are beyond our ability to counter them , why not take people up mid street new york? or something like that, after all if you say they don't need cloaking, if it doesn't matter how much we detect them? Why not take animals and people and scan, kidnap or dissect? And still, even genetic sequencing is cheap for us, so I imagine they wouldn't need decades or centuries of samples.

edit:
If it is only observation and long distance scans, that can probably be easily done from outside the atmosphere

Maybe they do all those things with animals? Maybe they cloak up close? Maybe they don't think like a hive mind and some of do different things?
I understand they can do things at distance, but so can we when we study certain animals. Scientists could choose to always use drones but they don't.
It's very difficult to imagine why, but even more crazy is why are black ops pilots doing this in plain sight and chasing fighter jets, then suddenly observed in extreme remote areas near the ground hovering around. What could possibly be there that a black ops pilot needs, there?

Last edited:
Maybe they do all those things with animals? Maybe they cloak up close? Maybe they don't think like a hive mind and some of do different things?
I understand they can do things at distance, but so can we when we study certain animals. Scientists could choose to always use drones but they don't.
It's very difficult to imagine why, but even more crazy is why are black ops pilots doing this in plain sight and chasing fighter jets, then suddenly observed in extreme remote areas near the ground hovering around. What could possibly be there that a black ops pilot needs, there?
Depends on how strict the programs are, I could imagine some of them having fun and trolling if they're given the freedom.

If they don't have curiosity at least what are they doing here? If they were indifferent they could easily colonize the planet, like what we do when we build a highway and destroy countless ant nests. I just don't know why some super advanced civilization would show interest in something that cannot provide technological knowledge of any kind, and whose behavior is probably simple enough to be easily understood and replicated.

I mean if they are super advanced they should be able to learn more from limited exposure, and they should also be able to replicate our situation in simulations and study more invasively.

They seem to have this weird balance between not using advanced cloaking(allowing a few sightings) and not engaging in more radical interaction like kidnappings or at least peaceful first contact. And somehow remaining interested for decades, centuries or millenia despite their more advanced intelligence and technology suggesting they could learn all there is to learn in a very short period.

You're thinking with a human mind, it likely doesn't operate on that level.

Also, they may have been here long before us. A lot of people speculate, entrepreneurs like Bob Bigelow inculded (which has a lot of these rumored gov contracts with his Bigelow Aerospace) that they're likely already here. Probably pass them every day and don't even know it. Former owner of Skinwalker ranch.

Last edited:

Romulus

Depends on how strict the programs are, I could imagine some of them having fun and trolling if they're given the freedom.

Seems they have almost no rules then. Which is even more strange for multimillion dollar equipment with sophisticated tracking. Even more strange since it was developed in the 1930s with no use apparently than to fly for the fun of it.

Have you ever researched the SR71 before? That was a black ops project in the 1950s.

Last edited:
You're thinking with a human mind, it likely doesn't operate on that level.

Also, they may have been here long before us. A lot of people speculate, entrepreneurs like Bob Bigelow inculded (which has a lot of these rumored gov contracts with his Bigelow Aerospace) that they're likely already here. Probably pass them every day and don't even know it. Former owner of Skinwalker ranch.

I don't know, the idea they live among us, and are beyond understanding or judgment is not something I buy. I could get them doing it for entertainment if they were living among us, but something so specific and so meaningless just doesn't seem like there would be incomprehensible reasons behind it.

I mean if you live among us, communication and all, and have the ability to solve all the world's problems, yet merely passby you're an a hole. I don't care how alien your mind is, but not helping those in need is quite a holish behavior, especially if you know they're conscious and intelligent beings.
Seems they have almost no rules then. Which is even more strange for multimillion dollar equipment with sophisticated tracking. Even more strange since it was developed in the 1930s with no use apparently than to fly for the fun of it.

Have you ever researched the SR71 before? That was a black ops project in the 1950s.
I've heard about it but haven't researched it, but there might've been even more advanced black ops aircraft that have yet to come to light.

I don't know, the idea they live among us, and are beyond understanding or judgment is not something I buy. I could get them doing it for entertainment if they were living among us, but something so specific and so meaningless just doesn't seem like there would be incomprehensible reasons behind it.

I mean if you live among us, communication and all, and have the ability to solve all the world's problems, yet merely passby you're an a hole. I don't care how alien your mind is, but not helping those in need is quite a holish behavior, especially if you know they're conscious and intelligent beings.

I don't think they care (about the bolded). I'd compare some of these more akin to Lovecraftian Old Ones and others from the dream sequence stories rather than your typical greys. Not all beings are filled with emotions like empathy, some might even be entirely devoid of it which would make sense as far as the interactions on this planet have gone. Though some might definitely think highly of themselves and be ego-driven to a point.

This isn't to say there isn't a variety of things going on. It doesn't have to merely be one aspect of the phenomenon and that's it. There could be multitudes of this sort of phenomena going on simultaneously.

I don't think they care (about the bolded). I'd compare some of these more akin to Lovecraftian Old Ones and others from the dream sequence stories rather than your typical greys. Not all beings are filled with emotions like empathy, some might even be entirely devoid of it which would make sense as far as the interactions on this planet have gone. Though some might definitely think highly of themselves and be ego-driven to a point.

This isn't to say there isn't a variety of things going on. It doesn't have to merely be one aspect of the phenomenon and that's it. There could be multitudes of this sort of phenomena going on simultaneously.
My problem is with the amount of power highly advanced civilizations could have, such minute effect seems mind boggling. Minimal interaction, and now you're saying perhaps even blending in and acting like humans?

It is like a category 5 hurricane passing over an area and merely moving the leaves of a single tree just a tiny bit, and nothing else happening. Unless there's a hivemind, there should be various degrees of interaction, and it seems some could easily result in things like cities being wiped off the map.

My problem is with the amount of power highly advanced civilizations could have, such minute effect seems mind boggling. Minimal interaction, and now you're saying perhaps even blending in and acting like humans?

It is like a category 5 hurricane passing over an area and merely moving the leaves of a single tree just a tiny bit, and nothing else happening. Unless there's a hivemind, there should be various degrees of interaction, and it seems some could easily result in things like cities being wiped off the map.

There are indeed varying degrees of interaction, and has been for a long time. Just gotta look.

Romulus

I've heard about it but haven't researched it, but there might've been even more advanced black ops aircraft that have yet to come to light.

You should watch a documentary about it. It was SO far ahead of everything. It was a massive undertaking that took years just to get it off the ground. Crazy expensive. It was designed for one purpose-to be so fast it could outrun anything for reconnaissance. Special engines were created for it and it still holds speed records to this day.
Okay, here's the part where I put things in perspective. The SR-71 was the black project for that era. Speed was its main goal with the top minds in the world. These UFOs we're discussing we're going over ten times faster than the SR-71, 25 years BEFORE the SR-71 even flew. And the only reason we can't go back further to record the UFO's speed is that radar didn't even exist. So we're just assuming these anomalies popped into existence when radar did to give it the benefit of the doubt.

The other thing to consider is huge black projects like the SR-71 take many years to get going because research and development, so if these UFO craft were being radar clocked in the 1940s, that means they were developed in the 1930s or before, which is absolutely ridiculous to even begin to imagine.

Last edited:

Romulus

3 videos captured in Serbia of what looks like the same ufo.

Another angle, but the youtuber doesn't allow posting to forums. It's LZFTAtB1uz8 on youtube. It's the second video when you search it. It's dropping other orbs off. Again, Serbia around the same time.

I can't see how someone could look at all three videos and think those are from Earth. Not to mention the news reported hundreds of sightings of it.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy

Another angle, but the youtuber doesn't allow posting to forums. It's LZFTAtB1uz8 on youtube. It's the second video when you search it. It's dropping other orbs off. Again, Serbia around the same time.

I can't see how someone could look at all three videos and think those are from Earth. Not to mention the news reported hundreds of sightings of it.

Whats with the weird sounds on the background?

MadAnon

I don't understand how you can look at all 3 videos and say it's not something from earth.

I'm basically 100% sure those are flares. Let's start with the fact the color is one of the typical of flares.
The first video is clearly out of focus so I wouldn't pay much attention to those shapes. Same thing often happens in out of focus Venus videos. In all 3 videos they seem to go out rather quickly and you can even see in 2nd and 3rd video how they are falling straight down. In the 3rd video the small "object" which also falls straight down is just some burning material dripping from the flare.

Last edited:

Romulus

I don't understand how you can look at all 3 videos and say it's not something from earth.

I'm basically 100% sure those are flares. Let's start with the fact the color is one of the typical of flares.
The first video is clearly out of focus so I wouldn't pay much attention to those shapes. Same thing often happens in out of focus Venus videos. In all 3 videos they seem to go out rather quickly and you can even see in 2nd and 3rd video how they are falling straight down. In the 3rd video the small "object" which also falls straight down is just some burning material dripping from the flare.

Right, we have ignore the first vid's shape. It wasnt out of focus the entire duration, not to mention it retained the shaped at certain distances as he zoomed in and out.

That shape is not unknown either, again, seen at various levels of zoom and minus the pink flare color.

Observers with telescopes literally reported the core of it was moving above.

Old vid for reference. The problem is theres observable detail, not just shape but the inside has a certain texture.

Last edited:

MadAnon

Right, we have ignore the first vid's shape. It wasnt out of focus the entire duration, not to mention it retained the shaped at certain distances as he zoomed in and out.
It had no focus at all because the person who was filming was erratically zooming in and out. And it's hopeless to get a distant light in focus with a phone camera.

You can even see how those corners of that diamond shape are disappearing, rounding as the camera shakes.

Here you have some examples...

Romulus

It had no focus at all because the person who was filming was erratically zooming in and out. And it's hopeless to get a distant light in focus with a phone camera.

You can even see how those corners of that diamond shape are disappearing, rounding as the camera shakes.

Here you have some examples...

d

The typical shape he's talking about in this vid is gone though in those vids. I've seen that before. Theres no horzontial line either.

Another one. Hes actually describing the shape here.

Last edited:

MadAnon

The typical shape he's talking about in this vid is gone though in those vids. I've seen that before. Theres no horzontial line either.

Horizontal line isn't something universal just like the shape. These defocus artifacts vary between cameras and filming conditions. Look at these "weird" octagonal lights. No horizontal lines like you wanted. But lots of other weird artifacts.

You literally have a video which shows these defocus artifacts in action but you still claim it's not it.

Last edited:

Romulus

Horizontal line isn't something universal just like the shape. These defocus artifacts vary between cameras and filming conditions. Look at these "weird" octagonical lights. No horizontal lines like you wanted. But lots of other weird artifacts.

You literally have a video which shows these defocus artifacts in action but you still claim it's not it.

Not sure how this relates either, I've seen similar or even more odd.

Years earlier, same color. The "flares" are moving from right to left without descending.

Last edited:

Airola

Yes. He says it looks like a "sparkly dot" without the zoom and with zooming it looks like that. He is looking at it through the camera screen. Cameras do things like that.

We were once filming some short film and we were filming a close-up shot of a traffic light. We had tons of trouble because the light for some reason also showed up upside down. We had no idea why it was like that and weren't able to stop that from happening until this older more experienced cameraman came and told it's because of the lens and we had to open the lens and tinker with it a bit and the problem went away.

Now, that wasn't an issue of zooming something from far away or having things happen because of out-of-focus picture, but imagine that if lights can show up in weird ways in professional cameras while shooting from close and the camera on focus, what kind of things can happen with some amateur cameras or cameras on phones when they zoom and have focus problems?

You can try it out yourself. Get a camera and go and shoot some lights from far away and play a bit with the focus and the zoom.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
UFO show tonight on Coast to Coast AM.

knA5b0G.png

Romulus

Pretty interesting. A drone captures a UFO with a very high-quality camera during a documentary on something else. The vid maker released the raw footage so it could be analyzed.

Another analysis

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Pay attention to what it does.

What the hell?

I would say it's luminescent insect but it looks like it is diving into the water. Then it seems to disappear, but there's blinking white light and it's moving up.

Don't know what to make of this but it seems like an "orb" phenomenon.

MadAnon

Years earlier, same color. The "flares" are moving from right to left without descending.

Those are very obvious chinese lanterns. Orange glow, slowly floating from same direction/location. You really need to hone your critical thinking skills.

MadAnon

If you don't have enough critical thinking skills to deduce those are simply chinese lanterns then Im really wasting my time. Orange glow, all floating at the same speed, same height in same direction from the same spot.

Returning to those shapes... Know this, there are several shapes of camera iris depending on how many blades there are in this shutter mechanism. Simple 2 blade is diamond shape, 6 blades - hexagon shape, and there's also octagonal and round shaped. I see a pattern here when you consider those shapes of out of focus lights.

Romulus

If you don't have enough critical thinking skills to deduce those are simply chinese lanterns then Im really wasting my time. Orange glow, all floating at the same speed, same height in same direction from the same spot.

First you were 100% they were flares, now people need to "think critically" because they're obviously Chinese lanterns. Same exact orange tinge, small town, yet one is a flare and the other is a chinese latern.

Fighter jets move in formation at the same height and speed, and?

Last edited:

MadAnon

First you were 100% they were flares, now people need to "think critically" because they're obviously Chinese lanterns. Lol
Are you testing the limits of how dense can you be? This video with obvious chinese lanterns is from completely different year, different case.

Romulus

Are you testing the limits of how dense can you be? This video with obvious chinese lanterns is from completely different year, different case.

I understand that completely. Your argument before was that specific orange tinge was obviously flares, now its it Chinese lanterns. Same town btw

MadAnon

I understand that completely. Your argument before was that specific orange tinge was obviously flares, now its it Chinese lanterns. Same town btw
No, you clearly don't understand anything. I pointed out that orange/reddish glow is common for flares. And I didn't conclude those are flares just from the color. I also pointed out how the objects in 2nd and 3rd video are clearly falling down and quickly go out. Those are 3 common characteristics of a flare and not just one - color. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

And if you weren't so obtuse, you would notice that I pointed out some different details in your 4th video which suggest chinese lanterns in that particular case.

And the fact that you don't even know jet engines are freaking very loud then I really have nothing more to add...

Last edited:

Romulus

No, you clearly don't understand anything. I pointed out that orange/reddish glow is common for flares. And I didn't conclude those are flares just from the color. I also pointed out how the objects in 2nd and 3rd video are clearly falling down and quickly go out. Those are 3 common characteristics of a flare and not just one - color. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

And if you weren't so obtuse, you woud notice that I pointed out some different details in your 4th video which suggest chinese lanterns in that particular case.

And the fact that you don't even know a simple fact that jet engines are freaking very loud then I really have nothing more to add...

I think you've convinced yourself, but it's still speculation at best.

The "lanterns" aren't floating at the same speed. At first 3 objects are evenly spaced hundreds of meters apart, then 2 of them are right beside each other within seconds. That's not the same speed.

Secondly, the objects appear to be at least 3,000+ ft high, which is well over the 1000ft, which is considered high for a lantern.

And my fighter jet reference wasn't literal. Of course they're not. My point was flying at the same speed doesnt absolutely mean anything, to which they're not even flying at the same speed.

Last edited:

Romulus

2004 Mexican Air Force capture. These weren't visible unless using IR cameras. 11.500ft altitude and were tracked on radar as well as the footage below.

Last edited:

StormCell

If they don't have curiosity at least what are they doing here? If they were indifferent they could easily colonize the planet, like what we do when we build a highway and destroy countless ant nests. I just don't know why some super advanced civilization would show interest in something that cannot provide technological knowledge of any kind, and whose behavior is probably simple enough to be easily understood and replicated.

I mean if they are super advanced they should be able to learn more from limited exposure, and they should also be able to replicate our situation in simulations and study more invasively.

They seem to have this weird balance between not using advanced cloaking(allowing a few sightings) and not engaging in more radical interaction like kidnappings or at least peaceful first contact. And somehow remaining interested for decades, centuries or millenia despite their more advanced intelligence and technology suggesting they could learn all there is to learn in a very short period.

If you take into consideration how these objects seem to behave around water, even going as far as to suggest that they are interested in oceans/seas/lakes, is it possible that Earth contains chemical compounds not easily found elsewhere? Perhaps they're even using it (and Earth) to refuel their craft or as a major refueling hub?

All this talk about their indifference towards us and yet there are an abundance of sightings that would seem to suggest they have some interest in this locale if not the locals.

Last edited:
I recommend Danny dyer searching for aliens. A highly respected professor in the UK, they made a series of investigated Documented discoveries on the subject. If your interested in aliens it will blow you away

Romulus

It's crazy how the topic of conversation over the last 5 years has shifted to "what if aliens are here" to "why are they here." A massive shift in the thought process after all this new evidence.

StormCell

It's crazy how the topic of conversation over the last 5 years has shifted to "what if aliens are here" to "why are they here." A massive shift in the thought process after all this new evidence.

I sometimes think the better question to pursue is "Why wouldn't they be here?"

As we continue to get a better view of other solar systems and their planets, we've gained a much better sense for how rare life-harboring planets are, especially given the distances separating everything. As fascinating as Mars is becoming and as intriguing as some of the moons in our solar system are, the first and second most hospitable places in the solar system are both on Earth (Earth's surface and Earth's interior).

Last edited:

Romulus

I sometimes think the better question to pursue is "Why wouldn't they be here?"

As we continue to get a better view of other solar systems and their planets, we've gained a much better sense for how rare life-harboring planets are, especially given the distances separating everything. As fascinating as Mars is becoming and as intriguing as some of the moons in our solar system are, the first and second most hospitable places in the solar system are both on Earth (Earth's surface and Earth's interior).

Mars was likely a lush planet full of water and an atmosphere at one time too. Science heavily leans toward this. That could have meant millions of years of potential habitability, or at the very least, far less harsh than it currently is. So, that begs the question. Why, within the only solar system we can closely scrutinize was there two habitable planets but we like to assume all the billions of others are all dead solar systems? When we can't even accurately determine their atmospheres from this distance? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

StormCell

Mars was likely a lush planet full of water and an atmosphere at one time too. Science heavily leans toward this. That could have meant millions of years of potential habitability, or at the very least, far less harsh than it currently is. So, that begs the question. Why, within the only solar system we can closely scrutinize was there two habitable planets but we like to assume all the billions of others are all dead solar systems? When we can't even accurately determine their atmospheres from this distance? Makes no sense.

There are numerous scientific reasons, actually. Exo-planet hunting is very fascinating. It will be very interesting to see how accurate they have been with their planet assessments. Even the best planets they've discovered could be tidally locked or exposed to violent solar flares. You really can't fault the pessimism, especially if you consider our own solar system is batting .333 with the set of planets near or in it's habitable zone.

I'm not discounting Mars. I'm simply suggesting that our planet may also be home to these so-called visitors.

Romulus

There are numerous scientific reasons, actually. Exo-planet hunting is very fascinating. It will be very interesting to see how accurate they have been with their planet assessments. Even the best planets they've discovered could be tidally locked or exposed to violent solar flares. You really can't fault the pessimism, especially if you consider our own solar system is batting .333 with the set of planets near or in it's habitable zone.

I'm not discounting Mars. I'm simply suggesting that our planet may also be home to these so-called visitors.

Yep, I honestly think that batting average is insanely good considering the vastness of even our own galaxy, not even counting the billions of others.

StormCell

Yep, I honestly think that batting average is insanely good considering the vastness of even our own galaxy, not even counting the billions of others.

I am actually hopeful that life is not all that rare and is actually considerably abundant. It used to be thought that finding water off of Earth might be a challenge, and now we know it's on the moon, on Mars, and could well exist on many objects in and outside of our solar system.

Similarly, the reason why so many earth-like planets are being discovered around Red Dwarf stars is because of the difficulty in spotting and confirming them around stars like our own. We lack sufficient technology to see them, so that will be a whole new wave of rocky earth-likes discovered in habitable zones.

Romulus

Similarly, the reason why so many earth-like planets are being discovered around Red Dwarf stars is because of the difficulty in spotting and confirming them around stars like our own. We lack sufficient technology to see them

This adds another layer to the already colossal unknown. We're basically blind.

To me, it's worse than parachuting into an unknown, dark forest and turning on a flashlight for 2 seconds without visual confirmation of any lifeforms. But then deeming the entire forest lifeless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom