• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines |OT| Game Over Man, GAME OVER!

Riddy

i made a banner for the op, mrorange

RZYe5ha.png

and here are some screenshots

My stomach is literally in pain from how hard I laughed, A+++

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I have a feeling we're misinterpreting it, and it's actually just unavailable to used copies.

I reaaaally hope.
Yeah. I think my response was a little overly dramatic. Lol.

Would hope it's included! I hate that trend of omitting content to later become DLC. Cheeky.

And yeah, I get what you mean - maybe a downloadable bonus that you get a code for in every retail copy, but not necessarily a used one. Which would be fine.

*fingers crossed* but I read on the Gearbox forums that it's supposed to be part of the season pass?

I also don't think it was mentioned in the revamped ot description posted in this thread. If that means anything. Not sure how old that info is

Edit: wait, nm, it is mentioned in there.

Ollie Pooch

I also don't think it was mentioned in the revamped ot description posted in this thread. If that means anything. Not sure how old that info is
Yeah, I got that info off Wiki so whatever was there, is in that post. Eep. Should update when we get more info.

FGMPR

Banned
Oh man - you have to PAY for the horde mode? Fuck off, Sega. I'll wait til this is bargain bin.

Most of the campaign should feel like horde mode with the levels split up with some travel and exploration, at least if it wants to feel like the movie at all.

Ollie Pooch

Most of the campaign should feel like horde mode with the levels split up with some travel and exploration, at least if it wants to feel like the movie at all.
Yeah, but I was really looking forward to playing this with a buddy with an actual horde (zombie-ish) mode.
Wait, the horde knockoff mode is extra paid DLC? Wowie.
Not confirmed - as ThoseDeafMutes mentioned, it MIGHT be a code included with the retail game, for whatever reason. Though it being part of the Season Pass has me worried.

Salsa

dead honest here: if when you die you dont get a sound clip of hudson yelling GAME OVER then this game just fucking sucks

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Pfft, I owned that game and it was terribly boring. Unless you like doing lists of 'go from point A to B' type objectives, in which case it was the best game ever made!

This game was much better...
ss_preview_aliens_infestation.jpg.jpg

Too bad no one played it.

i did and it was ace

ezekial45

Banned
I wonder if Prometheus' retcon will show up in some form in this game. We do
go to the derelict ship, after all.

You should be juniored for this.

I agree, regardless of the games quality. If you make an OT it should serve as an informative or at least witty point of interest. This is just pathethic and petty.

I wonder if Prometheus's retcon will show up in some form in this game. We do
go to the derelict ship, after all.

Prometheus wasn't even on the same planet/moon. Was it not?

No, it wasn't. But that still leaves the enigener/space jockey and the changed made to the architecture and contents of the ship.

Yeah I'm not too bothered about that. The og Space Jockey was an interpretation of a concept art by Giger. It was never meant to be functional or even make much sense beyond looking weird to people unfamiliar with Gigers work.

Space Jockey in particular was allways one of Gigers more plain works. It's only really a deformed humanoid with some overgrowth.

Additionally, Prometheus never really explored the ship in any great detail. Most of the focus was on one room and a couple of corridors. So there is enough room for Alien Space Jockey to exist. After all the ship is symetrical (more or less) and could have multiple such rooms.

Anyway, enough off topic.

About the game:

What I'm afraid of most is, that Gearbox seem like FANS of Aliens. That's probably the worst thing that can happen if you want to expand on someone elses IP. Because you never go beyond your own personal interpretation of an IP. And Aliens allready was a huge backstep in terms of Lore and ambiguity. At least it was self conscious enough to mock all the marine macho bullshit... yet this game seems to think it was genuine and seems about as self aware as a rock.
None of the original premise (sexism, rape, sadistic pleasure, militarism and corporate fascism, motherhood) seem to be intact. It's all just shoot a lot of Zombie... err Xenos.

Still, the MP should be quite a lot of fun, even if the animation look straight out of The World is not Enough on the N64.

Moff

alien 3 would have been an amazing film If they let fincher have his way.
but what we received in the end was just a pile of broken garbage, even the directors cut could not save much.

Top Bottom