• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Austrians are Nazis

Starfield

Is that still a thing in the US?

Because whenever I play with fellow americans in online games and they ask me where I'm from they either jokingly say "oh you're a Nazi then" or just straight out say I am one.

Has America failed education or did anything change the past years.

Reactions: MrS

DKehoe

haKtAHlOfA2V.gif

Because whenever I play with fellow americans in online games and they ask me where I'm from they either jokingly say "oh you're a Nazi then" or just straight out say I am one.

It's true though.
And I am saying this as a German.

Greets from across the border, mate..

DESTROYA

Your mistake is really trying to engage in conversation with them. Not to be rude, but for a so-called developed nation, Americans are unfortunately ignorant.
Nice way to throw all of USA under a bus when your most likely playing online with a 12 year kid , and 12 year olds represent all Americans :messenger_ok::messenger_weary:
In general the online player community from all countries is pretty toxic.

MrS

Banned
Their history books don't even tell them how their forefathers committed genocide against Native Americans. Shoulda shoved a hamburger down their throat and told them to shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
Hitler was from there so that's why they're asking you that. In my personal experience, most Americanos are not really smart and don't really learn anything about other countries except their own.

It's a common type of American joke.

"You're French? You must like baguettes, cheese, wine, and surrender."

"You're Italian? You must be angry and eat lots of pasta."

Most Americans don't know Austria exists. We never learn anything about it in school. I think I was actually surprised when I learned as an adult that Austria was a country. I was like "wtf, how come this country literally never comes up in the news or history books?"

Rubik8

I sincerely apologize on their behalf. Americans, on average, are pretty ignorant and rude bunch, especially with the cloak of anonymity.

Kamina

Golden Boy
That might be my fault OP. Whenever I meet someone online i keep telling them about being from the country Hitler was born.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Hungary? Somebody get them some food!

kill me

Starfield

It's a common type of American joke.

"You're French? You must like baguettes, cheese, wine, and surrender."

"You're Italian? You must be angry and eat lots of pasta."

Most Americans don't know Austria exists. We never learn anything about it in school. I think I was actually surprised when I learned as an adult that Austria was a country. I was like "wtf, how come this country literally never comes up in the news or history books?"
we always start fights and blame someone else started it, works like a charm!

There is real quick way to find out if you are one.

OP who did 9/11?
Bush did it.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
I think of The Sound of Music and fleeing the Nazi's. Is that even accurate?
So funny, I never ever watched that movie and I'm from Austria. I didn't even know it exists until I went to America for a holiday. It doesn't seem to be a big thing here. Why do Americans love it so much?

Irobot82

So funny, I never ever watched that movie and I'm from Austria. I didn't even know it exists until I went to America for a holiday. It doesn't seem to be a big thing here. Why do Americans love it so much?
Well my mum is British and she was the one who loved it. Maybe it's a British thing?

Ornlu

Banned

Huh? This reads like you're from the US, not Austria. Or did you move over?

Is this a pic from your grandpa's birthday party?:

Argentina flag with Germany inside (x-post /r/hmmm) : vexillology

Top Bottom