• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All games should become first person shooters

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Being able to change Field of View settings on PC games makes FPSes a lot more bearable than on consoles. Virtual reality is the greatest solution for this though.

I imagine VR is going to be the first time FP gaming feels comfortable to me, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm pretty optimistic on the tech, and like the OP I hope we see some interesting twists brought to the perspective.

In the future (not the near future) when virtual reality IS gaming, most games will be first person.

I like to think there will still be a market for portables, and for people who can't be "plugged in" like parents and the like.

No. I also reject the notion that first person automatically = more immersive. Immersive just means that it makes you feel like you are really in the game world performing those actions. An immersive third person game makes you identify with the fictional character so you feel that you are them. When playing Mario Galaxy, I'm not Mario in real life, but the game makes me feel like I really am Mario doing cartwheels through the heavens.

First person games, on the other hand, often give you bland characters so that you can project your own personality on them. It's like eating bland airport food they refuse to season because everyone is going to eat it and they all have different tastes.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I was thinking when I was playing hotline miami, that I could see this being a first person shooter in like 10 years.

I have no idea how it would be done though.

oni_saru

If ALL games were fps, i wouldn't be able to play. :( i get motion sickness with first person view.

So this idea would be terrible.

Muffdraul

What would a FPS Tetris play like?

Tetrisphere.

BtZeWP9.jpg

Kssio_Aug

Nope... I wouldnt say that even for the shooters in general. I can't see how Gears of War and Uncharted for example could be so good on 1st person! No way!

Some of my favorite aspects of games are great full body character animation and great use of screen real estate for framing shots. As much as I love FPSs, specifically FPS campaigns, they usually provide me with neither of those things. Unfortunately third person titles struggle with those aspects as well, but the possibility is much higher. The way I look at it, there are very few third person experience I would want changed into 1st person. The loss in cinematography, freedom of movement, spacial awareness, and having to change the way the experience is designed to not overwhelm/disorient the player due to the perspective change isn't worth whatever 1st person brings to the experience.

Metroid Prime, for example, is a terrific game, but it could be so much more fluid and complex in its platforming and combat design if it was third person. An agile space bounty hunter blasting all manner of enemies in futuristic environments just lends itself better to a third person experience IMO. You can do more in all the areas that are crucial to what makes Metroid, Metroid. It could translate the 2D experience even better.

IDK, this is a hard. Both perspectives are great and I hope to see lots of games pushing their advantages.

Riposte

A lot of things would need to happen for me to supportive of a First Person dominant future, namely, the first person experience would have to feel more "real" for a lack of a better word. The numerous and subtle sensations we feel that allow us to narrative our bodies with amazing precision and awareness would need to be present. Right now first person games feel like you are moving a floating camera and even the ones that do a good job of hiding it aren't all that amazing in this respect. To be fair though, I do believe these things will happen in time (beginning with VR taking off perhaps). In the meantime, FPS will only just be another genre, where only a fraction of the best games made belong (although my very favorite game is one). We've barely even cracked first person melee, compared to third person action. I currently prefer TPS, because the designs I like work better there.

I also wonder if the future will play out like I envision, I'm so bad at predicting it. It would be funny to see in 2100 people are still playing platformers. Actually, me being alive in 2100 would be funny in itself. If film still matters at such a time, then perhaps we will still have games with cinematic angles, although that's kind of decadent.

All games should become third person 3D platformers. Every game in the OP would have been so much better if it involved jumping around in happy, colorful obstacle courses, rather than mindlessly shooting waves of enemies in "realistic" game worlds devoid of color and personally,
3D platformers are dead! No one buys them if they're outside of Nintendo.

Long live FPP!
IllustriousSarcasticHoneybadger.gif

Phades

first person rts? no thanks

Closest thing to that with an actual released title was the original Planteside. The commander options were flawed and there was no incentive to follow orders etc, but your team definately failed if there was no prevailing strategy (micro or macro).

Tambini

Has there ever been a first person game with proper true to life field of view, so you can look down and see your whole body arms and legs? and if you hold your arm out you can see your shoulder and such

most games have 70 fov and you cant even see your legs.

Tigress

Really OP? First person Civilization? First person Street Fighter? No thanks.

Well now I'm trying to figure out how you would do a first person Civilization ... for some reason that seems like an interesting problem (as in interesting to figure out how you'd do it. Not as in it seems it would make for an interesting game. I just can't even envision how you would do it).

Well now I'm trying to figure out how you would do a first person Civilization ... for some reason that seems like an interesting problem (as in interesting to figure out how you'd do it. Not as in it seems it would make for an interesting game. I just can't even envision how you would do it).

Switch views from Scout to Warrior to Farmer to Ghandi/Washington/etc?

I love the first person perspective. For me, it is the most immersive perspective by far (for obvious reasons) and I think it lends itself extremely well to the act of shooting.

There is definitely room for bringing other styles of games into this perspective. As much as people scoff at the idea, first person platforming actually works very well in games like Mirrors Edge and Jumping Flash. FPS/RPG hybrids like the STALKER series continue to blow my mind. Several games have shown how fun first person melee combat can be, and that it can actually provide more control than third person. Conversely, I couldn't even bring myself to finish the campaign of COD4 it felt so scripted. The problem for most people isn't the perspective, it's the game design.

Some things are difficult to tackle from a first person perspective. A classic example is Jurassic Park Trespasser. It was insanely ambitious, but its attempts to simulate things like your hands in the actual physical gamespace effectively broke the game. Even a more successful game like The Darkness in which your character exists as a physical entity in the game world (as opossed to a floating camera) had some issues with your character getting snagged on level geometry etc. But having a snake like tendril that actually extends out from your character and can be controlled from a first person perspective? That's bad ass! That kind of mechanic just wouldn't work as well from any other perspective.

My point is that the first person perspective can provide so much more than people know, but it presents some real challenges to game designers so ambition is often thrown to the wayside in favour of safety. Not that you can blame the developers because seemingly these issues are bloody hard to overcome. I think with VR we are going to see a real expansion of what it means for games to be in first person perspective... and I for one am very much looking forward to this!

being a floating gun is not immersive. Rather just see all the characters like the Last of Us. also just going around shooting things gets old it's very stale and I don't know how people can play so many FPS games and not get bored of them.

DSix

Banned
Chrono Trigger FPS.

No.

OP likes FPS, lucky for him there are already too many of those, so I really don't see his problem.

There is an appeal (to me) to seeing the character you're playing as. It makes a game more cinematic and it's nice to see the movements your character is doing instead of staring at a targeting reticle all day.

mega-man-8-bit-deathmatch-12.jpg

Yeah, no.

Is this a Doom mod or something?

Ans a Mega Man FPS? I present to you the cancelled Maverick Hunter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKlYyLZKllY

This was a canceled Mega Man FPS that was set in the 'X' universe. It was being developed by many ex members of Retro who worked on the Metroid Prime series. Mega Man X was also redesigned by the same concept artist who did the Iron Man suit for the movies.

I can't say I am a fan of the redesign, but I would have given this game a shot given the pedigree of the developer.

It would probably work out about as well as that episode of Family Guy where everyone turned into Robin Williams.

Note: I love both Robin Williams and FPS.

DocSeuss

I'd be curious if it failed because the market for FPS's just doesn't respond well to that, or if the idea just inherently is bad for the genre (like it doesn't mix well).

The game in question is a TPS, but I can't talk about it until it gets published.

And what do you mean muted (Sorry, just not understanding what you meant by that)? I just know that Borderlands 2 felt more like it was making me manage my skill points to figure out what to upgrade vs. Destiny where it felt like you just gained a skill as you went (There was no reason not to add a skill. I'm not even sure why they had you say add that skill cause why wouldn't you?). Honestly, overall Borderlands 2 felt more like a shooter with RPG elements than Destiny did. Destiny felt more like a shooter with maybe some nods to RPG like elements (but with things that seemed like if they expanded on would have had a lot of potential. The two things I listed as improvements on FPS were ideas I got playing Destiny). It might also have to do with Borderlands felt like it more had a story I cared about as well (I really didn't get why I should care about Destiny's story). Doesn't hurt that I think Handsome Jack is my favorite game villain ever :).

Borderlands 2, across the experience, is really... it's very flat. You've got this great story and great art, but the actual way you engage with the level space is often kinda dry, compared to truly great FPSes. You only really have one attack, so your characters kinda tend to play more or less one way. Any behaviors you do are muted--that is, they're not as expressive as they could be--because you only have one real main power. Everything else is passive. I'd like to see a lot more active skills going on. Maybe some sort of radial to use them.

Anyways, as hyperbolic as the OP was I think the key problem is that not enough people try doing things sufficiently different and mindlessly turn some games into FPSes. Even some of the better examples are kind of like this, while Fallout wasn't really made into an FPS it WAS basically put into Oblivion's mold and tweaked for the new setting and adapting the leveling/skill system of Fallout. Ideally most attempts to go first person/shooter would be more about properly adapting what made a series special and make that work from a new perspective, much like Metroid Prime did rather than being a Metroid themed Doom/Halo clone. First person seems to have a lot of potential variety that isn't as well utilized as it should be, or at least certain types of games don't seem to catch on as much as I'd like them to (System Shock, Bioshock 1&2, Metroid Prime, Deus Ex.)

I'm glad someone realized I was utilizing hyperbole. :)

This is amazing.

Really interesting idea, and a shame people just cant see past hyperbole, or even read the OP completely.
Well, seeing what games like Zeno Clash did with combat, i think a more deep fighting game could work in a first person perspective, either fast paced, or in "slow motion".
I'm trying to find source on this(as in if it really exists), but in the manga HunterXHunter, there's a fighting trainng technique called "Rurubu", where fighters battle in slow motion, to observe the cadence of moves. Could sorta work as in a turn based fighting game.

Huh. That's interesting. You might not even need to do it in turn-based. It could be real-time, but there are moments where the game could slow down for you (similar to bullet time) and you could pull off moves to take advantage of the players.

If this were true, strategy as a concept in games would disappear. You'd be left only with tactics.

THEN MAYBE STRATEGY SHOULD GO OFF AND DIE IN THE WOODS SOMEWHERE

or, if you read the OP, you might be trying to come up with a way for it to work, 'cause I think it's doable

Oh snap, it's a first-person strategy game!

First, I want to say I'm really glad to see you up and about Doc. I legitimately get worried when I don't see you posting around for good chunks of times and hope that you're doing okay. I actually had a bookmark of all your discussions at Kotaku way back when because you always put so much thought into what you post (and I usually agreed with what you said). Also I had a link to your blog (also way back when) but it has been lost to the ether (although I recall "three" being in the name).

You are awesome and I like you. Current blog's linked on my twitter, which is linked in my profile. I write off and on for Kotaku--my next piece may go up tomorrow, or it may go up next week, not sure. As for how things are... ehnh, hanging on by the skin of my teeth. There was a games giveaway for me earlier this summer to help keep me in a house, and GAF actually delivered, which I'm super grateful for. Then I had to take a leave of absence for family reasons.

This is one of the things I remember you discussing the most back at Kotaku and probably one of the few I felt most strongly about as well.

I love shooters. I love them a lot. Halo is by and far my favorite franchise (and Halo 3 is still my favorite among them even though I think Halo CE has the strongest level design, story, pacing, etc.). My friends joke how much I adore the franchise.

You're gonna like my next article. Messofanego posted a gif from it in this thread. :)

First Person Shooter can actually be a very very diverse genre (and I'd say the strongest and most interesting of them). We just don't quite see enough variance. I would say the biggest and most marketed two (Battlefield and Call of Duty), although unique in their own rights, have seemed to swallow the genre and force out other interesting takes first person shooters. Either you play like one of those or you don't bother making one. We don't see First Person Shooters even attempting weird approaches like Republic Commando (absolutely fantastic game).

We've seen a resurgence of stealth with First Person games (which is great) but it would be nice to see even more variance. Another Metroid Prime-esque game maybe. My dream game would be a game like encompassing Metroid Prime's atmosphere and exploratory-based level design with Halo's near-perfect combat design.

And honestly we just aren't getting a lot. We're starting to just get third person narrative driven experience (a-la Uncharted). And as much as I enjoy the combat and movement of Uncharted, they don't quite have the control and combat design that the best shooters have given us.

I'm working on some stuff I hope people will enjoy, but I don't think I have quite the right team composition to pull it off. I wish I had more people.

Can I please get Quake 5? Maybe the next Doom will satiate me.

The campaign out against the First Person Shooter genre seems pretty asinine to me when people really only home in on two franchises from that genre.

edit: Also to take a jab for the sake of it, Third Person Stealth has always been pretty eh and unsatisfying (specifically Metal Gear Solid). Kojima has really neat approaches to overall game design (by adding so so so many weird intricate subsystems that all interact with each other, but the base of the game, the actual third person stealthing around, has always felt really sluggish and unexciting.

On the other hand, Dishonored was one of the best stealth games out in recent years.

I want to make Quake V. I have a lot of it worked out in my head, and it's glorious.

Uh, based on that Dishonored remark... you didn't read my Dishonored article by any chance, did you? It kinda sounds like maybe you did, or we're just on the same page. :D

I'll be waiting how you play Civilization as a fps.

Check out the RTS I linked above.

OP has a point, Syndicate was fucking awesome.

ikr

I feel like plugging my weird first person thread ;)

First Person Whatever

There's so much experimentation possible in this perspective.

Which is what this thread's all about.

cool thread btw

Came in expecting a pretty weak argument but was pleasantly surprised. Wonder how fps fighting games like naruto storm 3 and street fighter would look like. Also fps sonic would be cool.

I try my best to make good arguments.

You know guys, this is actually the point of the thread. To discuss how this could work, or how you would do it if you were asked to make this game.

It even says so in the last paragraph of the OP: "I think it might be fun if we talked about what games might actually make for unique first-person experiences. [...] For that matter, if you could translate a first-person shooter into another genre, what would you do?"

I can't imagine how I could turn those games into an FPS, but it would be interesting hearing about it if someone could.

RionaaM gets it. The game I keep coming back to is XCOM. I've got some stuff to do, but I'll try to do a little writeup on why I think it might benefit from first-person perspective later on in the thread.

First Person Sonic Oculus Rift

First person Jet Set Radio, aka Hover.
hover_grinding_by_digi_matrix-d7f6hki.gif

iW7Hl3fMyBqPj.gif

also 3rd person

Wow, I need this.

I just watched the footage for that Megaman fps again and my heart shrunk. WHY DIDN'T THIS COME OUT?!! I hate Capcom.

You hate Cacpcom, Cacpcom hates money. It's the way of the world. :(

i get bored in a second because if that generic fps-view.

i want games lik devil may cry or uncharted. all the time. ALWAYS.

I don't think you know what generic means.

Also, I'd be really curious to see how character action mechanics would translate to an FPS.

I dont think anything should be first person until they fix the problem of no peripheral vision.

Large monitor and/or three monitor setup + wide FOV.

Or Oculus Rift.

No. I also reject the notion that first person automatically = more immersive. Immersive just means that it makes you feel like you are really in the game world performing those actions. An immersive third person game makes you identify with the fictional character so you feel that you are them. When playing Mario Galaxy, I'm not Mario in real life, but the game makes me feel like I really am Mario doing cartwheels through the heavens.

First person games, on the other hand, often give you bland characters so that you can project your own personality on them. It's like eating bland airport food they refuse to season because everyone is going to eat it and they all have different tastes.

Immersion is something the game does despite the player. It basically creates the opportunity to be immersed. Whether or not you find yourself immersed in the game world is on you. Thief is immersive regardless of your own tastes regarding the perspective, for instance.

People should be able to take on the role and personality of any character they play, even when that personality is strong. It's a fallacious belief that says we can't be the person unless they don't speak. One of my favorite games this last gen was Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because I became the character of Adam. I took on his role, let him speak for me, and tried acting within the confines of what I thought Adam as a person might do. It was eye-opening and pretty awesome.

The game was so flexible it let me impose my interpretation of the character on the character. I was following its lead, and it was letting me do what I felt worked. Great stuff.

I was thinking when I was playing hotline miami, that I could see this being a first person shooter in like 10 years.

I have no idea how it would be done though.

I was working on this. It's literally how I pitched the game. Then we decided to run something simpler and build up to it.

Some of my favorite aspects of games are great full body character animation and great use of screen real estate for framing shots. As much as I love FPSs, specifically FPS campaigns, they usually provide me with neither of those things. Unfortunately third person titles struggle with those aspects as well, but the possibility is much higher. The way I look at it, there are very few third person experience I would want changed into 1st person. The loss in cinematography, freedom of movement, spacial awareness, and having to change the way the experience is designed to not overwhelm/disorient the player due to the perspective change isn't worth whatever 1st person brings to the experience.

Metroid Prime, for example, is a terrific game, but it could be so much more fluid and complex in its platforming and combat design if it was third person. An agile space bounty hunter blasting all manner of enemies in futuristic environments just lends itself better to a third person experience IMO. You can do more in all the areas that are crucial to what makes Metroid, Metroid. It could translate the 2D experience even better.

IDK, this is a hard. Both perspectives are great and I hope to see lots of games pushing their advantages.

...that's the point, though. Like, the point of the thread. It's about taking a microscopic look at the advantage of first-person and going "okay, we can transplant these ideas into the shooter."

I want to come up with ways to expand our thinking about the shooter.

A lot of things would need to happen for me to supportive of a First Person dominant future, namely, the first person experience would have to feel more "real" for a lack of a better word. The numerous and subtle sensations we feel that allow us to narrative our bodies with amazing precision and awareness would need to be present. Right now first person games feel like you are moving a floating camera and even the ones that do a good job of hiding it aren't all that amazing in this respect. To be fair though, I do believe these things will happen in time (beginning with VR taking off perhaps). In the meantime, FPS will only just be another genre, where only a fraction of the best games made belong (although my very favorite game is one). We've barely even cracked first person melee, compared to third person action. I currently prefer TPS, because the designs I like work better there.

I also wonder if the future will play out like I envision, I'm so bad at predicting it. It would be funny to see in 2100 people are still playing platformers. Actually, me being alive in 2100 would be funny in itself. If film still matters at such a time, then perhaps we will still have games with cinematic angles, although that's kind of decadent.

Fortunately, none of those things need to happen, because they're not what the OP is actually about.

I love the first person perspective. For me, it is the most immersive perspective by far (for obvious reasons) and I think it lends itself extremely well to the act of shooting.

There is definitely room for bringing other styles of games into this perspective. As much as people scoff at the idea, first person platforming actually works very well in games like Mirrors Edge and Jumping Flash. FPS/RPG hybrids like the STALKER series continue to blow my mind. Several games have shown how fun first person melee combat can be, and that it can actually provide more control than third person. Conversely, I couldn't even bring myself to finish the campaign of COD4 it felt so scripted. The problem for most people isn't the perspective, it's the game design.

Some things are difficult to tackle from a first person perspective. A classic example is Jurassic Park Trespasser. It was insanely ambitious, but its attempts to simulate things like your hands in the actual physical gamespace effectively broke the game. Even a more successful game like The Darkness in which your character exists as a physical entity in the game world (as opossed to a floating camera) had some issues with your character getting snagged on level geometry etc. But having a snake like tendril that actually extends out from your character and can be controlled from a first person perspective? That's bad ass! That kind of mechanic just wouldn't work as well from any other perspective.

My point is that the first person perspective can provide so much more than people know, but it presents some real challenges to game designers so ambition is often thrown to the wayside in favour of safety. Not that you can blame the developers because seemingly these issues are bloody hard to overcome. I think with VR we are going to see a real expansion of what it means for games to be in first person perspective... and I for one am very much looking forward to this!

I don't have a lot to say in response because I agree with all of it.

I was really bummed we never got a proper Tresspasser. Would love to see a weird hybrid of Tresspasser and Jurassic Park at some point.

Chrono Trigger FPS.

No.

OP likes FPS, lucky for him there are already too many of those, so I really don't see his problem.

If you'd read the OP, you'd notice a link to an article showing that there are too few FPSes, which leads me to conclude that either you didn't read the OP, or you're just the kind of person who thinks one of the least-common genres out there should be even less common, which is terrible.

And Chrono Trigger would totally be better in first-person, yo.

being a floating gun is not immersive. Rather just see all the characters like the Last of Us. also just going around shooting things gets old it's very stale and I don't know how people can play so many FPS games and not get bored of them.

So go play Syndicate or Halo or any one of a number of shooters where you aren't a floating gun. :)

Since you were serious then thank goodness you are not a game designer or producer.

1) I wasn't, and you'd know this is you read the OP
2) I am, actually. ;)

Of course it's not true that every game is turning into a first person shooter.

It's not about the amount of shooters, it's about the amount of people who play them. They're indeed one of the most popular genres right now, and many companies are jumping on the bandwagon to make their series more appealing.

breakdown-of-us-video-game-sales-2009-by-genre.jpg

Squozen

This would be an excellent way of getting me to quit gaming and do something with my life, so I guess I'm in... favour?

DocSeuss

Of course it's not true that every game is turning into a first person shooter.

It's not about the amount of shooters, it's about the amount of people who play them. They're indeed one of the most popular genres right now, and many companies are jumping on the bandwagon to make their series more appealing.

breakdown-of-us-video-game-sales-2009-by-genre.jpg

Most people recognize that the vast amount of people who play them won't be changing to something else, so what we get are HUGE advertising budgets for a very SMALL selection of games. We get more indie platformers in a given quarter than we do shooters in a given year.

Parfait

Ew, no. Before Mirror's edge; and mind that while I enjoyed the game I had lots of issues with the gameplay and perspective; the only first person game I played and enjoyed was Metroid Prime/Prime 2. I hated both fallout games, Skyrim I had to force into 3rd person to enjoy(and even then it still didn't have a camera loose enough that i had fun).

I'm not even remotely interested in the VR craze that's happening, though to be fair i haven't tried on a set yet. I like my stuff 3rd person, and even better without fps control.

Give me peripheral vision, dodges, and other typical third person maneuverability and I'd be ok with more FP perspective games. Until then, I'll play the occasional title or two.

Play Shadow Warrior with a good monitor and a wide FOV, then.
Watching gameplay, it still looks like some wrists attached to a camera or a camera attached to someone's chest. I want a camera that doesn't necessarily point to where the rest of the body is pointing as if there was a steel pole grafted to the character's head and down the spine to the waist.

I feel the opposite way as OP. For whatever reason, FPS games tend to bore me and leave me feeling disoriented far more than Third-Person shooters, even with all else equal. Third-person also typically is best for mobility reasons.

That said, in most cases FPS is far superior for multiplayer purposes. I don't know if any of this is causation or correlation.

As for VR, I'm actually thinking of certain ways to play without using a first-person perspective, chiefly to increase a sense of disorientation when appropriate. There's also no reason you can't make a third-person VR game.

DocSeuss

Watching gameplay, it still looks like some wrists attached to a camera or a camera attached to someone's chest. I want a camera that doesn't necessarily point to where the rest of the body is pointing as if there was a steel pole grafted to the character's head and down the spine to the waist.

When we see FPSes with VR, we're gonna start seeing that.

I feel the opposite way as OP. For whatever reason, FPS games tend to bore me and leave me feeling disoriented far more than Third-Person shooters, even with all else equal. Third-person also typically is best for mobility reasons.

That said, in most cases FPS is far superior for multiplayer purposes. I don't know if any of this is causation or correlation.

As for VR, I'm actually thinking of certain ways to play without using a first-person perspective, chiefly to increase a sense of disorientation when appropriate. There's also no reason you can't make a third-person VR game.

I don't think you know how OP feels because what you described has nothing to do with his feelings.

There is an upcoming third-person VR platformer, but I forget its name. I saw it recently; looked neato.

Falling back on the Metroid example: Super Metroid is fast-paced and has a heavy emphasis on agility and the like. Prime moves at the pace of a steamroller, and the platforming and combat isn't as dynamic. There's a reason for this: 2D Metroid's gameplay simply doesn't transition to first-person as well as it should. Prime is one of the greatest games ever made, but I feel like the perspective is what keeps it from being the greatest game ever made.

I don't think you know how OP feels because what you described has nothing to do with his feelings.

You like FPSes and think games get better when they transition to it, and I prefer the third-person perspective. It's one of my least favorite genres, and it's one of your most favorite. Hell, I prefer playing the Fallout games like NV in third-person perspective, and pretty much always use it when given the option between both. My favorite game in the Killzone franchise is Liberation. How is that not feeling the opposite way to you?

In any event, if I were to change certain FPS games into any other genre, I would pick tactical RPG. We need more X-COMs and Jagged Alliance and Silent Storms and the like, and class-based FPS games could lend themselves quite nicely to such a transition.

EDIT: Actually, I did just think of a certain genre I would love to see in first-person more often: Sports games. I think it would be awesome to be able to take any position in Madden, or 2K, or (especially) boxing and play it in the first person. It would REALLY switch things up.

Top Bottom