• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 80k people have signed a petition demanding Sony 'approves' Days Gone 2

@gkTH

Any sales estimate reflected by this petition?
With this program launched and not over 100k in 7 days, Sony would be safe doing nothing to this.

Id like a sequel but these petitions never work out. Especially a measly 80K. If it was 1mil then that would show SONY, theres widespread interest. Right now it looks like only hardcore fans want it.

xShaun

Days Gone was an average game at best and didn't really do anything new outside of buggy zombie hordes. People are delusional thinking this deserves a 2nd game IMHO.
Interesting.
So people would rather a remake of a remake that cane out less than 8 years ago? 🤔🤣

Fair enough. I can't argue as I own a switch and enjoy some remakes too.

Asking, demanding, requesting etc. it doesn't matter. People want things they like and there is no harm in asking for what they want. Whether they will get it or not is a different thing. The only person you are humiliating by making posts like these is yourself. You also seem like a fanboy/console warrior as you always show up in threads to bash sony, ps, ps games or ps players in some way like how you tried to do here. So continue doing what you do and keep making a fool of yourself. Sooner or later you will be banned just like how the many other console warriors/fanboys have been.
I'm guessing you were born in the 2000s - an entitled little baby who stamps their feet when they don't get what they want and cry all over the Internet. You'll be banned from here long before me.

I'm guessing you were born in the 2000s - an entitled little baby who stamps their feet when they don't get what they want and cry all over the Internet. You'll be banned from here long before me.

As expected, you are one of those pathetic losers who think their words can hurt other people and that is also the only way you can feel good about yourself. Want to make more assumptions about me and act like an idiot? Bring it on. Lets see what else you got.

As expected, you are one of those pathetic losers who think their words can hurt other people and that is also the only way you can feel good about yourself. Want to make more assumptions about me and act like an idiot? Bring it on. Lets see what else you got.
Once you become an adult you'll understand it all more. Until then it's pointless dealing with you.

Playstation fans: "Our eloquent taste in AAA goty award winning exclusives is simply beyond the comprehension of Xbox and Nintendo fans, with their simplistic games and money grabbing multiplayer offerings."

Also Playstation fans: "Moar Zombie gamez pls?"

Kenpachii

He‘s not wrong though. I bought it around launch and am glad I did.

It’s why I will be buying Returnal at full price at launch. I want to support it.

It was a good game. Game yournalists with an axe to grind hurt its hype and it wasn’t marketed well. Word of mouth got it the current sales, which I would guess are pretty good now.

It was a good game. PR people are liars. I’d much rather hear difficult truth than feel-good lies.

Metacrits does not decide if the game sells well or not. The game itself does and word on mouth after it.

The game failed to get traction with people is because the game simple isn't that good or interesting to people.

To me the game looks extremely dull and generic., I wouldn't even want to play it if it was a free to play game, let alone wanting to spend 50/60 bucks on it.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Where do I add my useless signature to this, I loved the game, everything about it clicked with me, the story, the mechanics and the amazingly detailed setting.. but the game didn't sell well and like the excellent fucking Dredd Movie that no cunt went to see, I'm at least happy I got to experience it that one time

evanft

Sony Bend spent the better part of a decade making Days Gone. They had multiple delays leading up to its release. Upon launch, the game was a mess and required months of patching before it was in an acceptable state. That's not even considering the fact that the game was ultimately a pretty generic, overly-bloated open world title in in an industry that is absolutely FULL of overly-bloated open world games.

Why the fuck would you EVER trust them with another big-budget project?

Haggard

Banned
so now only a few million left until sony could actually happen to care....

Let it go. The game was "ok", but definitely below Sony`s usual quality standards and that has consequences.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Sony Bend spent the better part of a decade making Days Gone. They had multiple delays leading up to its release. Upon launch, the game was a mess and required months of patching before it was in an acceptable state. That's not even considering the fact that the game was ultimately a pretty generic, overly-bloated open world title in in an industry that is absolutely FULL of overly-bloated open world games.

Why the fuck would you EVER trust them with another big-budget project?
In fairness I only played it this year so I guess they patched out all the shit bits but the thing I liked about Days Gone open world apart from its realism, it wasn't filled to the fucking brim with collectables and useless shite

SkylineRKR

Days Gone in its current state is a great game with meaningful side content. It reviewed quite a bit worse than the other Sony IP though. Would no doubt be rated higher now that its very playable, but Sony doesn't seem to give a fuck. But a sequel, I dunno what it could add. They could expand on NERO sure, but whatever.

I hope Bend gets a shot at a Syphon Filter or something. Who needs Metal Gear? SF was also very solid on PS1 and PSP.

martino

i'm one of them but let's be honest you can cam sum up this petition with this gif
R1fdEt3.gif

Once you become an adult you'll understand it all more. Until then it's pointless dealing with you.

Is that all you got? Keep calling someone young so you can feel older and wise. One day you will come to realize and for your sake I really hope you do, that your behavior as you are doing now is pointless and unproductive, and is not going to serve any meaningful purpose to bring anything of value to your life other than for you to feel the semblance of having slight power or superiority over others which in reality is just an illusion in your mind. You will understand then that trying to be edgy, being a jerk to others and trying to insult them just because they liked different stuff than you (not just in games, anything in life) was really only demeaning and hurting you in the end. When you come to this realization, you would become a better person than what you are now and it will make life better for your and your close ones.

iHaunter

Interesting.
So people would rather a remake of a remake that cane out less than 8 years ago? 🤔🤣

Fair enough. I can't argue as I own a switch and enjoy some remakes too.
I'd rather have a remake I know is good rather than a potential 2nd average game.

It's why I'm excited for D2 Ressurected.

Earthbound!

Neo Member
In case anyone is interested in a free PS4 days gone dynamic theme, today only, posted by Bend Studio

Today only! Download the #DaysGone Old Sawmill dynamic theme for the PS4. Reedem at the PlayStation Store with the code for your region.
US, Canada, LatAm: G98M-2AN3-L6L4
Europe: QG4H-NMNN-N7P2
Japan: 3BLE-QEN4-2HDL
Korea: M57A-FNNQ-AH5F
Asia: E775-GENL-M6CQ

Umbral

Metacrits does not decide if the game sells well or not. The game itself does and word on mouth after it.
Yes, it does. Games sell based on a multitude of factors such as reviews, which are aggregated by Metacritic, marketing, demos, streams, word of mouth, forums, and other things such as genre, personal taste, etc.
The game failed to get traction with people is because the game simple isn't that good or interesting to people.
The game got traction...after launch and word of mouth got out that it was a good game. The only thing simple here is your analysis of what moves units of a game.
To me the game looks extremely dull and generic., I wouldn't even want to play it if it was a free to play game, let alone wanting to spend 50/60 bucks on it.
I’m assuming you did not buy it or play it, which means your opinion is at least partially uninformed. Now, how did you determine that the game looked “extremely dull and generic” according to your tastes? The things I mentioned up top, that’s how.

zeorhymer

It was a good game. Came out with a bad start due to performance issues. After a few patches, I liked it. It wasn't ever going to be the blockbuster Sony wanted. It's a one and done game. I'm even more fine with it being done after the director bitching the people didn't buy it at full price.

NickFire

Telling people not to want a sequel if they did not purchase a new IP at full price seems, well, rather short sighted and vindictive towards the audience.

PooBone

It was a good game. Came out with a bad start due to performance issues. After a few patches, I liked it. It wasn't ever going to be the blockbuster Sony wanted. It's a one and done game. I'm even more fine with it being done after the director bitching the people didn't buy it at full price.
So stupid. How many people that he is bitching at didn’t even know his game existed for the small window it was full price? My advice to the guy saying “buy games at full price if you want a sequel” would be “make a more interesting looking game, or sign with a publisher that isn’t going to bury your marketing under the GOTY, Last of Us 2”.... the prick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom