• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alright I am out of ideas for why you would do this(Miles Morales PS4 Version on PS5)

SCB3

So on Launch day I had the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales ready to be downloaded, however I notic d that I accidently downloaded both the PS4 and PS5 versions separately ( I thought it was DLC and didn't realise til after I left it to download)

Now, I cannot figure out any reason as to why you'd download the PS4 version, it runs worse, looks worse and to top it off, the download is somehow 20gb bigger?

Chittagong

Gold Member
So on Launch day I had the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales ready to be downloaded, however I notic d that I accidently downloaded both the PS4 and PS5 versions separately ( I thought it was DLC and didn't realise til after I left it to download)

Now, I cannot figure out any reason as to why you'd download the PS4 version, it runs worse, looks worse and to top it off, the download is somehow 20gb bigger?

shit, are you serious?

I was wondering why I got two huge MM downloads. They’d be retarded to allow PS4 version download on PS5, let alone as default like I got

RoadHazard

Gold Member
PS4 version being bigger is probably due to of a lot of duplicated assets, which are needed because of the slow HDD. On PS5 that's not an issue, assets can exist just once and still be loaded quickly when they're needed.

This situation is still dumb though, agreed.

Last edited:

Keihart

I find it cool that you can access the PS4 Version, but if they don't they should at least have a tag indicating their native platform in the thumbnail.

Kerotan

Maybe if you wanted to play as the original spiderman? But yeah I agree it should suggest the ps5 version first.

Elcid

Banned
Thanks I accidentally booted up the PS4 version and was like wtf where is my save, then I realized it. Didn’t realize I had two different installs though! Just got me back 51gbs

the_master

It surprised me as well as when I purchased it, it started downloading all the versions. What a mess.

Who would have thought that Smart Delivery was a real feature.

SCB3

I find it cool that you can access the PS4 Version, but if they don't they should at least have a tag indicating their native platform in the thumbnail.

Why would you ever want to access the ps4 version though? Aside from maybe not being able to use your save if you started on the PS4 version I guess

Keihart

Why would you ever want to access the ps4 version though? Aside from maybe not being able to use your save if you started on the PS4 version I guess
imagine that you are one of those that prefer high frame-rate and the game doesn't perform to your standards on the PS5 version but the PS4 one has the framerate unlocked...just 1 situation, use your imagination, i bet you can come up with more.

GreatnessRD

The way games are displayed in your library is probably the worst thing iv ever seen. Its showing betas and demos i played years ago and you cant hide them.
There is no justification to why this is a thing. That's just absurd. Hopefully, they'll patch something in for those who own the PS5. Just wild to me that something like that would slip through the cracks, lol

Consumer

you can get the platinum trophy in 1 second on ps5, but only if you plat the ps4 version first. Doesn't work the other way around

I'll be doing this eventually, so I'm glad we can have both versions installed, but they sure do have a shitty, unorganized approach

Top Bottom