• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I mistaken or...is Series X available everywhere with the "All Access" plan?

ByWatterson

So, the Activision news has me finally ready to pull the trigger on a Series X. I know COD won't be free on Gamepass any time soon, but just seems like the final reason to jump (back) into the ecosystem.

Everything is sold out everywhere, but when I start the process to get a Series X + 2 years of Gamepass Ultimate, AKA Xbox All Access, at $35 per month, it seems available everywhere, including Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, etc. That price is basically the same as cash if I were to buy the box plus two years.

Am I missing something? Is Xbox Series X in fact available everywhere if I do this plan?

EDIT: It worked!

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
So, the Activision news has me finally ready to pull the trigger on a Series X. I know COD won't be free on Gamepass any time soon, but just seems like the final reason to jump (back) into the ecosystem.

Everything is sold out everywhere, but when I start the process to get a Series X + 2 years of Gamepass Ultimate, AKA Xbox All Access, at $35 per month, it seems available everywhere, including Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, etc. That price is basically the same as cash if I were to buy the box plus two years.

Am I missing something? Is Xbox Series X in fact available everywhere if I do this plan?
Have you tried checking out with the plan?
I think various sites show the plan, but say sold out when you actually try to go through with them.

ByWatterson

Have you tried checking out with the plan?
I think various sites show the plan, but say sold out when you actually try to go through with them.

No (have to go ahead and let wife know I'm finally doing it, LOL) but started with Best Buy and they listed a local store and everything.

But sounds like it's a mistake on retailers' part? Not really in stock?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's probably because you're paying for Ultimate. If you're not going to play on PC or mobile you're spending $120 more than you would need to for console Game Pass.

If you don't care about that extra money then pull the trigger.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
go for it but don’t get your hopes up.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
No (have to go ahead and let wife know I'm finally doing it, LOL) but started with Best Buy and they listed a local store and everything.

Just order it and inform the wife afterwards :)

I remember when I asked my missus (of 5 years) if I could buy a new TV to go with my series X, she said I'm a grown ass man, why do I need to ask her permission 😂

Maybe I'm lucky :)

ByWatterson

It's probably because you're paying for Ultimate. If you're not going to play on PC or mobile you're spending $120 more than you would need to for console Game Pass.

If you don't care about that extra money then pull the trigger.

Not really, since I don't have Gold, either, so would need Ultimate - been out of Xbox for a long time.

$15 x 24 = $360 + 500 for box is $860.
$35/month x 24 = 840.

GHG

(have to go ahead and let wife know I'm finally doing it, LOL)

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

And if she tells you no what are you going to do?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not really, since I don't have Gold, either, so would need Ultimate - been out of Xbox for a long time.

$15 x 24 = $360 + 500 for box is $860.
$35/month x 24 = 840.

Oh right, sure. I always forget that's a thing, I don't play MP on consoles.

Go with god, click buy.

sainraja

Best Buy does not let you proceed with the All Access Plan when the system is not in stock — the option to go through the purchase flow just isn't there, same with Walmart. I know because that is how I got mine (I did it around launch time). It is usually easier to get it via All Access since it bundles Game Pass due to which it costs a bit more than standard MSRP.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

I remember when I asked my missus (of 5 years) if I could buy a new TV to go with my series X, she said I'm a grown ass man, why do I need to ask her permission 😂

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

And if she tells you no what are you going to do?

Haha, it's more softening the blow.

There are no permissions, but letting people know in advance that you're spending joint money is always a good idea.

I guess. I just wanna jump in. Maybe I'll try tonight!
Yeah i get that, if it's the only way to get one go for it. But if you are willing to wait for a normal X:

Get 3 x 12 months Gold for ~100 bucks and buy 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate for 1 buck = 36 monts Game Pass Ultimate

AGRacing

People don't accidentally fall into marriages that work properly my friend... take the credit.... I do it all the time.

Kuranghi

My friends mum has had an all access plan since she left her husband last year during Covid. She gets the sales but her merchandising area is looking a bit worse for wear.

I tried this back in Aug but was given blanks due to no stock so I just got one off ebay with credit ggez. Try it and let us know. Good luck!

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
It's how I got an X. Got it through Best Buy and Citizens One. 0%interest and no penalty for paying off early. Initially I was rejected for the loan as I had a fraud alert out on my credit report but they called me to verify I applied and then got approved.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I have several friends who have been able to get a series X recently. I only have 1 other friend who has been able to get a PS5. Series S seems to be easy to find. Not sure if there really is much inventory or if they just got lucky on resupply notifications.

ByWatterson

Uh it worked.

Ready in a few days, according to the purchase.

Unless something goes wrong, and you still want a Series X, this is one way to do it, apparently.

ByWatterson

Quick bump, not sure if people saw this last night - it DID work, should have it in my hands next Tuesday.

If you're willing to commit to two years of Gamepass, this is a great and apparently available way to jump in to Series X.

Top Bottom