• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut (Wii U/$50) - May 7

majik13

Most who? Most people who are fans of the Mass Effect series own a PS3 or 360 and would never touch buying the Wii U with a 10 foot pole. Most people who bought Wii U know no better than 'hey who's the weird sci-fi game on that cover' like they will with this Deus Ex game.

You guys act as if most of the Wii U userbase are sitting here stewing on message board about what day one DLC this game didn't get, or what multiplayer option that game didn't get, or if it was perfectly timed to release with some other version.

Sorry, NeoGAF Wii U owners are in the 0.00001% that actually know or give a shit about that stuff. And that's my point. That's why whether Mass Effect 3 comes out late or Tomb Raider comes out day one, it won't sell shit because owners are either Nintendo only fans that don't give a fuck, casual spillover, or someone looking for a cute mascot game for their kids.

That's why games like LEGO games, Just Dance, Sonic, and Angry Birds are the best third party sellers on Nintendo systems. If you're on here bitching about it, or even aware or if, then you're not the demographic that makes up 99.99999% of people that own the system. That's why it doesn't sale, and that's why third parties won't bother.

except zombiu is the top selling third party game on wiiu,

which is the most hardcore, adult game on the system.

destroying your point as usual.

Don't be stupid. Only the well informed, internet browsing nerds like us even have a wii u at this point. We know about the stupid crap that happens to screw us over, the immediate fire storm from rayman legends delay that lasted weeks, and the massive continuous miiverse rage over 50hz virtual console games didn't come from uninformed people.

Mithos

Back on topic: How is this a Director's Cut if the port was done by Straight Right?

I wonder if they dare to add the ability to NOT KILL bosses and still get passed them, that would be worthy of a Directors Cut title.

Most who? Most people who are fans of the Mass Effect series own a PS3 or 360 and would never touch buying the Wii U with a 10 foot pole. Most people who bought Wii U know no better than 'hey who's the weird sci-fi game on that cover' like they will with this Deus Ex game.

You mean like why would anyone buy Mass Effect 2 on PS3 every fan already have the game on Xbox360 ?

You guys act as if most of the Wii U userbase are sitting here stewing on message board about what day one DLC this game didn't get, or what multiplayer option that game didn't get, or if it was perfectly timed to release with some other version.

Sorry, NeoGAF Wii U owners are in the 0.00001% that actually know or give a shit about that stuff. And that's my point. That's why whether Mass Effect 3 comes out late or Tomb Raider comes out day one, it won't sell shit because owners are either Nintendo only fans that don't give a fuck, casual spillover, or someone looking for a cute mascot game for their kids.

That's why games like LEGO games, Just Dance, Sonic, and Angry Birds are the best third party sellers on Nintendo systems. If you're on here bitching about it, or even aware or if, then you're not the demographic that makes up 99.99999% of people that own the system. That's why it doesn't sale, and that's why third parties won't bother.

I was gonna say something smart, but choked on the hyperbole...

You honestly don't think that the release of the entire ME Trilogy for the same price as the Wii U version of 3 had no effect on the sales?

Huff

Banned
I would trust VG chartz more than"someone last month" which they have at 370,000 units sold. And that was only til January. This is excluding the new Zombiu bundle in NA, and the eshop sales from last month. It could be decently higher now. Perhaps approaching half a million? I could see zombiu perhaps having some legs. As it deserves some good sales.
I wish we had some solid numbers though.

you would trust chartzzzz more than someone with npd numbers? lulz. you should edit the chartz number out actually

pretty sure thats not true

but if so, that's bad

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I would trust VG chartz more than"someone last month" which they have at 370,000 units sold. And that was only til January. This is excluding the new Zombiu bundle in NA, and the eshop sales from last month. It could be decently higher now. Perhaps approaching half a million? I could see zombiu perhaps having some legs. As it deserves some good sales.

how dare you

majik13

you would trust chartzzzz more than someone with npd numbers? lulz

pretty sure thats not true

but if so, that's bad

all I saw was "someone last month" how does that translate to npd numbers is beyond me? it would be best to provide links if this were the case.

as searching google for sales only brings up outdated vg chartz

Huff

Banned
all I saw was "someone last month" how does that translate to npd numbers is beyond me? it would be best to provide links if this were the case.

as searching google for sales only brings up outdated vg chartz

stop fucking bringing chartz up

It would be awesome if Square Enix was reading this thread and announce tom that Amazon just had a placeholder and the game is $30-$40. I'm still going to buy it at $50, but I'd be happy about it at $40.

thefro

We'll honestly have to see what they put in the game before we judge this, but it needs to be something more than The Missing Link + the preorder bonus mission to justify a $50 price tag when the game is available very cheaply elsewhere.

maeda

Is Criterion actually making the next Need for Speed though? I thought it was another team within EA.
Let's hope that Criterion was talking about Burnout.
I remember the fact that late ports sold like crap on PS 3 in its 1st years(Bioshock, for example) didn't prevent sequels from appearing on the platform. Let's see if Wii U is held to the same standard!

TheNatural

My Member!

which is the most hardcore, adult game on the system.

destroying your point as usual.

LOL. So now you're countering that Zombies appeal to some hardcore gamer demographic when they've been forced down every kid or adult's throat from everything to Plants vs. Zombie dolls, Zombie play kits, to The Walking Dead?

Yeah dude, lemme tell you, you totally destroyed my point by the best selling Wii U game not even doing 150,000 worldwide with a lowest common denominator Zombie theme. All five of those Wii U's sold last month were the hardcore 360 fans waiting for the next ultra hardcore Zombie game.

TheNatural

My Member!

LMAO.

Wow. Just stop while you're behind.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50185581&postcount=1034

Zombii bundle did less that 7,000. And no, that's not in units, it literally did less than seven thousand.

Put on the Hall and Oates, because you're completely out of touch.

majik13

LOL. So now you're countering that Zombies appeal to some hardcore gamer demographic when they've been forced down every kid or adult's throat from everything to Plants vs. Zombie dolls, Zombie play kits, to The Walking Dead?

Yeah dude, lemme tell you, you totally destroyed my point by the best selling Wii U game not even doing 150,000 worldwide with a lowest common denominator Zombie theme. All five of those Wii U's sold last month were the hardcore 360 fans waiting for the next ultra hardcore Zombie game.

do you know anything about the game, other than zombies are in it?

RedSwirl

I was ready to rebuy ME1, ME2 and ME3 again on Wii U if EA was smart enough to also release the Trilogy package on the console. Just to play on the Gamepad.

But nope. Turns out they were stupid.
1) They released only ME3.
2) At the same price as ME1+ME2+ME3 on other platforms.
3) No support for DLCs at all. (Does it even have From the Ashes, Leviathan and the multiplayer DLCs released before november?)

It sucks for Straight Right to have their efforts (heard the port was actually decent despite the 3 things mentioned above) being mocked like that.

Let's be real here for a second: There was no chance Straight Right would've been able to port ALL THREE games to Wii U and have them ready for launch. Still, $60 for ME3 and only one piece of DLC was a damn rip-off.

majik13

sfried

Weird, did anyone ask for this port?
I never asked for this port.

On second though, if it includes the Missing Link DLC, might double dip (already have DX:HR on Onlive).
If this game supports IR, then I'll be there day one. Otherwise, I have no interest as I have it for the 360. I do think the box looks cool, though.
Yeah, it had BETTER give you the full slew of aiming options.

If they actually put some work in and redo the boss fights and make the pre rendered cut scenes not look like hot garbage then this port gets my seal of approval.

Game can be bought for penny's now a days on the other platforms though.

TheNatural

My Member!
do you know anything about the game, other than zombies are in it?

You're basically begging the question that the entire audience of the game bought it for.

The only 4 third party games to pass 100K for the Wii U (which is totally horrible BTW), are Zombii, Sonic, Scribblenauts, and Just Dance. Zombies, a mascot game, a cartoon drawing game, and a kids dance game.

Meanwhile Madden, NBA 2K, Mass Effect 3, Ninja Gaiden, Tekken, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, and Batman all at best did worse, and most just completely bombed.

On one side you have games that appeal to the lowest common denominator and can appeal to kids, on the other side you have traditional power franchises that have sold in the millions on other platforms. This isn't rocket science. No one is going to bring their game over so it can just bomb when it falls into the latter category. Deal with it.

ok yes, how was I supposed to know some dude last month were the official numbers? and that I need to search for some obscure user in some obscure thread?

Fh3ro.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Let's be real here for a second: There was no chance Straight Right would've been able to port ALL THREE games to Wii U and have them ready for launch. Still, $60 for ME3 and only one piece of DLC was a damn rip-off.

Then they should have asked EA to delay the game so they would be able to do a port of ME2 and ME1 and release them in a Trilogy package. It would have been a late port again, but at least it wouldn't be such a ripoff as what we actually got.

But i guess EA wanted dat launch sales. I hope you're enjoying the money those <10k sales gave you EA!

ASIS

You're basically begging the question that the entire audience of the game bought it for.

The only 4 third party games to pass 100K for the Wii U (which is totally horrible BTW), are Zombii, Sonic, Scribblenauts, and Just Dance. Zombies, a mascot game, a cartoon drawing game, and a kids dance game.

Meanwhile Madden, NBA 2K, Mass Effect 3, Ninja Gaiden, Tekken, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, and Batman all at best did worse, and most just completely bombed.

On one side you have games that appeal to the lowest common denominator and can appeal to kids, on the other side you have traditional power franchises that have sold in the millions on other platforms. This isn't rocket science. No one is going to bring their game over so it can just bomb when it falls into the latter category. Deal with it.

Just Dance is a kids series now?

anyway, in all honesty from the list you mentioned the only two that didn't deserve to bomb are CoD and ACIII. Otherwise all of those games were sent to die really.

Just wanted to mention those two points, carry on.

majik13

I think you are missing the point of my original question and statement. You are saying that zombiu is neither hardcore nor adult because zombie have been very prevalent recently in all media? why cant it be judged on its own merits?

yes the sales are not decent at all. but you original post glossed over this definitely hardcore(in the sense of challenge and content) and mature game.

The irony is that Ubisoft delayed Rayman Legends Wii U because could hurt PS3/360 sales for being... LATE PORTS?

Third-parties seems to be aware that late releases can hurt the sales, to the point to delay the Wii U version, but they seems to that on purpose for Nintendo system versions to sell badly to get the "it can't sell" excuse. There's no other valid explanation.

TheNatural

My Member!
I think you are missing the point of my original question and statement. You are saying that zombiu is neither hardcore nor adult because zombie have been very prevalent recently in all media? why cant it be judged on its own merits?

yes the sales are not decent at all. but you original post glossed over this definitely hardcore(in the sense of challenge and content) and mature game.

My point is there is no audience for things like Tomb Raider, Crysis, Far Cry, Metal Gear, Bioshock and others. All the launch games that bombed fit in that category.

It has nothing to do with a rating. Could a MA game or what you say is 'hardcore' sell better? Sure. But it's gotta have some sort of generic universal appeal like zombies, pirates, or some licensed games like Star Wars or something for it to do well. It has nothing to do with all these minuscule things that no one even knows about comparing the franchise to other versions. Its who owns the system and what their buying habits are.

Someone had better let that twitter account that keeps track of dumb neogaf posts know they have some new fodder.

Oh, and Sonic All Stars did 260k ww on wii u by December. So if Zombii u is the best selling, it has to be more than that.

TheNatural

My Member!
Someone had better let that twitter account that keeps track of dumb neogaf posts know they have some new fodder.

Oh, and Sonic All Stars did 260k ww on wii u by December. So if Zombii u is the best selling, it has to be more than that.

Shipped or sold, what's your source? creamsugar said the February numbers had 3 just cross the 100K threshold.

My point is there is no audience for things like Tomb Raider, Crysis, Far Cry, Metal Gear, Bioshock and others. All the launch games that bombed fit in that category.

In a vacuum I would agree, but considering we are talking about launch games and late ports, it's really not an easy sell for any type of game on any system. And for those types of games you listed, most of them are notorious for having very high sales for a month or two and then having a steep drop in sales - meaning most people who would have bought those games did so already.

I'd like to point out, now, that NPD numbers don't count digital sales. We really have no way of knowing how well these titles sold. So, this whole thread derailment is pretty pointless...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'd like to point out, now, that NPD numbers don't count digital sales. We really have no way of knowing how well these titles sold. So, this whole thread derailment is pretty pointless...

I seriously doubt digital sales are meaningful. Especially on a Nintendo console.

Top Bottom