• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut (Wii U/$50) - May 7

Surreal. Everyone in the world even remotely interested in this game probably played it already. I mean, the game is on sale all the time, you can get it for pc for little over 7 bucks during sales.
Therein lies the issue.

If everyone on the planet interested in games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution already has means (outside of the Wii U) to play it and already bought it on those alternative platforms...

Then what exactly would be the point of putting any games like Deus Ex, old or new, on the Wii U in addition to the other platforms people apparently already have? What is the point of the investment in an additional SKU?

Nemesis_

Honestly, a PS Vita version

This makes less sense

iur61wDzUu4ps.gif

Keslord

Banned
Why? The game is still old as shit and people with a Vita probably own a ps3 too.
Why woudl they take an expensive version of a game they own already?

Cross-save, adding in cross-buy, and portability makes more sense than the touch gimmicks they're going to give the Wii U and call it a day on

Darryl

Banned
i'd rather they pulled a Mass Effect and bundled the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy together than this. that'd actually be pretty neat. i don't know what to think about this. i suppose it's very possible for it to turn a profit over the next year with steady, slow sales on a new platform. i guess it's good news that they're trying.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I would buy at the right price but I can't see how they would sell many copies at $50. I paid less than that on release (PC). Still interested if te price drops quick enough.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
As if one year old ports weren't enough, now they have to go further. =/ And for 50$ on top of that.

Haunted

Phoenix Wright movie

Surreal. Everyone in the world even remotely interested in this game probably played it already. I mean, the game is on sale all the time, you can get it for pc for little over 7 bucks during sales.
Usually $3,74, to be exact. :p

Hattori

Banned
they know it's gonna bomb...so why does this even exist? Straight Right's so out of touch, they must think WiiU owners lived in a separate dimension where other consoles never existed x(

No this is really stupid. The 1st and 3rd reasons contradict the shit out of each other. How can a company like square put a game out without forseen stuff like that. Hopefully they are just putting a game out just to put one out and not actually thinking that way because it is wrong.
The first point isn't a reason. It's an initial premise, from which the latter two points can be drawn. It doesn't contradict the latter conclusion.

You may think it's a poor thought process by publishers, since you seem heavily invested in the Wii U, but it's a perfectly reasonable question for publishers to consider:

What is the point of the Wii U. Is there a point to putting our games on it.

Mael

Cross-save, adding in cross-buy, and portability makes more sense than the touch gimmicks they're going to give the Wii U and call it a day on

And you'd buy that at full price?
Keep in mind that if WiiU owners are Wii owners they don't have access to Deus Ex in any way, unlike vita owners that have ps3 laying around.

Nibel

One of my favorite games of this generation, but 50 bucks is too much

They should have done it like SEGA with Anarchy Reigns

Keslord

Banned
And you'd buy that at full price?
Keep in mind that if WiiU owners are Wii owners they don't have access to Deus Ex in any way, unlike vita owners that have ps3 laying around.

I'd be more likely to buy that at $40 than the Wii U version at $50. Wouldn't buy either, though.

I haven't played it yet. I'll need to see what the improvements (if any) are before deciding. As someone else said, hopefully SR have had time to do a criterion/NFSU quality job.

The first point isn't a reason. It's an initial premise, from which the latter two points can be drawn. It doesn't contradict the latter conclusion.

You may think it's a poor thought process by publishers, since you seem heavily invested in the Wii U, but it's a perfectly reasonable question for publishers to consider:

What is the point of the Wii U. Is there a point to putting our games on it.
If true they may as well go as many years back to port a game from whenever. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Darryl

Banned

What is the point of the Wii U.

yea no i think this has far more to do with getting the title out on as many platforms as possible for the 2014~ film and likely 2014~ sequel to this title.

wildfire

Banned
For the people who were anticipating for new FFCC announcement....damn...what a horrible feeling.

I immediately thought of that thread. I gave Dues Ex the same probability as CC but this is still a tad disappointing. They really need to explain and show off what improvements they made.

yea no i think this has far more to do with getting the title out on as many platforms as possible for the 2014~ film and likely 2014~ sequel to this title.
Potentially also - although I really can't see how it would impact any film; and if it sells poorly, which it will, it still serves the purpose of answering that question.

Is there a point to Tomb Raider Wii U?
Is there a point to Lightning Returns Wii U?

People have said in this thread - "I already played it on my PS3/360."
The intuitive corollary for a publisher is that people will just buy our games on the PS3 and 360 anyway, so why invest in a third SKU.
One can blame Square-Enix for thinking in such a manner, but Nintendo have released a system that's a technological contemporary to 7 year old consoles with a combined 160M installed base.

Apparently, there isn't one to Thief 4, so we'll see if there's one to making Deus Ex 4.

levitan

I immediately thought of that thread. I gave Dues Ex the same probability as CC but this is still a tad disappointing. They really need to explain and show off what improvements they made.

Square-Enix is the synonym of disappointment...(for this gen) : (

I'll buy this when it's, I dunno, £15? I have it on 360, can get it on 360/ps3 for less than a tenner new, I'll pay that and an extra £5-10 on top for new features. Love this game. Excited to see what the neural hub is/if it makes any difference at all. Off pad play would be great too. Good announcement for those who only go with nintendo consoles.

Didn't the pc version have better AI? If they have taken the time to get that into this console version, that'd be great.

Xater

I love this game and if they did not just include the DLC but made some actual improvements I could see myself getting it for 15€. Such a late port for 50 bucks is just ridiculous. I would love to have been the fly at the wallat the meeting where this was decided.

Top Bottom