• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, well I'm sure I bought a game during that time. Where would I find this coupon?

They are not codes or anything. They just sent you a notice via email that you have $5 credit available. To check if you have one, add a game form this EC list to your cart and see if a $5 discount is applied at checkout. It'll show you in the last step before confirmation.

VandalD

Fable 3 isn't worth anyone's time, let alone their money. The first one is pretty decent though. That upcoming arcade bundle is amazing, especially if it's $10 before the coupon.

Bit of an update from Tony: they're still waiting on the Microsoft deals, and the upcoming 1-day-only Far Cry 3 deal will have a Steam key version.

Hey guys,

Been absent working on various stuff, still no final word on the Microsoft stuff.

Good new for those waiting for Far Cry 3...we got Steam keys for the upcoming deal.

For those that don't remember the deal will be:

Standard Edition: $34.99 pre-coupon
Deluxe Edition: $44.99 pre-coupon

The deal runs for 1 day only (or until we run out of keys.)

Cheers,
Tony

mannerbot

Appreciate it if someone with extra coupons could help me out with the Microsoft Arcade bundle, assuming it goes up and is an EC item.

6770m @ 720p.

I still pretty much play every at least on HIGH around 60fps. Batman AA, Dishonored, The Witcher 2 (40fps here though), etc etc etc.
You good with that card my friend. I think I've seen someone on YouTube played it at max settings on a few options with that card.

Lime

Amazon is completely terrible at organizing and conveying which deals they have, when they have them, and whether or not specific coupons apply to them.

jediyoshi

Amazon is completely terrible at organizing and conveying which deals they have, when they have them, and whether or not specific coupons apply to them.

As far as coupons go, I think the actual underlying problem is their inability to display how your credit breaks down when it's lumped altogether. Otherwise I don't think they could make it anymore clear, as with the EC games, that the games specifically listed on the list are the only ones that that applies to.

Other than that it's not like other DD services are projecting what games they plan to have as part of a sale down the line. Amazon's the only one I've noticed do anything along those lines and front page, coupled with Tony on CAG. Only thing close is maybe GMG's blog posts occasionally laying deals out for the rest of the week.

Lime

As far as coupons go, I think the actual underlying problem is their inability to display how your credit breaks down when it's lumped altogether. Otherwise I don't think they could make it anymore clear, as with the EC games, that the games specifically listed on the list are the only ones that that applies to.

Other than that it's not like other DD services are projecting what games they plan to have as part of a sale down the line. Amazon's the only one I've noticed do anything along those lines and front page, coupled with Tony on CAG. Only thing close is maybe GMG's blog posts occasionally laying deals out for the rest of the week.

Besides the lack of visibility of applicable coupons, I'm also referring to for example the comment made by Tony:

All 11 games will be 75% off but not on the EC list.

A bundle of the Arcade Style games (Deadlight/ITSP/Iron Brigade/Mark of the Ninja/Toy Soldiers) will be $9.99 and LIKELY on the EC list.

The Fable Bundle (Fable Lost Chapters + Fable III + FIII DLC) will also be $9.99 and likely on the EC list.

Meanwhile, the sales and percentages fluctuate without any indication on when the sales will end. Amazon is simply terrible at conveying their information, while GMG or Steam or whoever even have a timer and specific links to their sales-specific pages.

jediyoshi

Besides the lack of visibility of applicable coupons, I'm also referring to for example the comment made by Tony:

Meanwhile, the sales and percentages fluctuate without any indication on when the sales will end. Amazon is simply terrible at conveying their information, while GMG or Steam or whoever even have a timer and specific links to their sales-specific pages.

Not seeing the comparison. He's not confirming it because it's not actually confirmed and not available as it is. Steam's announcements come after the fact, not before anything's actually happened.

szaromir

Banned

Amazon is also amazing at keeping their deals longer than originally announced. But yeah it's a bit weird that I have to use an obscure website like CAG to keep track what's currently on sale (and for how long) on Amazon.

Caerith

Has anyone divined whether Amazon will offer Lego LOTR for $7.50 again? Seeing it for $10 on GMG makes me think it possible.

Tizoc

Has anyone divined whether Amazon will offer Lego LOTR for $7.50 again? Seeing it for $10 on GMG makes me think it possible.

With the 20% discount code, it'd be $8-ish on GMG.
LEGO LotR for under $5? Yeah I think I'll bite on that lol.

Effect

I really don't get why physical copies of games will get discounted but the digital version will stay high. Take Black Ops 2 for example. Amazon.com officially is selling the PS3/360/PC(physical) copies for $49.99 and for some weird reason the Wii U version for $50.81. Yet the PC digital version is still $59.99. This happens with so many other games as well. Anyone know why this is done?

dLMN8R

Tony is basically coordinating almost all of these deals single-handedly, so it's pretty tough to have them organized or conveyed perfectly :-/

Source: HE'S BEEN NEGLECTING HIS FRIENDS AND PARTIES THAT WE INVITE HIM TO

Caerith

I really don't get why physical copies of games will get discounted but the digital version will stay high. Take Black Ops 2 for example. Amazon.com officially is selling the PS3/360/PC(physical) copies for $49.99 and for some weird reason the Wii U version for $50.81. Yet the PC digital version is still $59.99. This happens with so many other games as well. Anyone know why this is done?
To move inventory. There's no overhead for storage of virtual keys, but a couple thousand game boxes is gonna need a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom