• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Alright so I bought the THQ Mega Pack for 3 keys, essentially. Is anyone interested in the rest?

I'd really like a key for Max Payne 3, and I'd trade all of these for one (or the $15 needed for it in Amazon credit or Paypal). Otherwise, if people are just interested in a couple keys, I'll break them up.

GONE! Thanks Snkfanatic!

Alright so I bought the THQ Mega Pack for 3 keys, essentially. Is anyone interested in the rest?

- Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
- Company of Heroes: Game of the Year (this isn't Steam, though, right?)
- Darksiders
- Homefront
- Metro 2033
- Nexuiz
- Red Faction Armageddon
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Saints Row 2
- Saints Row: The Third
- Supreme Commander
- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Titan Quest Gold
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Retribution

I'd really like a key for Max Payne 3, and I'd trade all of these for one (or the $15 needed for it in Amazon credit or Paypal). Otherwise, if people are just interested in a couple keys, I'll break them up.

PM Sent

KarmaCow

God damn that Microsoft bundle is insane. I was a little bummed that I wasted my EC coupon on the Desert to Sea bundle because I didn't think there would be more bundles but $10 is already crazy low.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'd have to say, Amazon is pretty damn amazing these days on PC front.

I just want a section for Steam games, it's really hard to search for steam game (typing Steam online code sometimes work but don't show all the games). someone should tell Tony to work on it.

OK, definitely bite at $3.75 for Mark of the Ninja.

How is the first Borderlands on PC?

I would recommend Borderlands 2. It's better in every way.

It's kind of the difference between L4D and L4D2. L4D2 is similar but superior to L4D; the only draw to play L4D would be to play as the original characters (and even then they're in L4D2).

KarmaCow

The menus can be a pain since it uses the page up/down keys instead of the arrow keys to scroll and aiming with the mouse is weird. There was a mod that fixed it along with adding a couple of features, but I think it was just a skin of ini editor.

The online uses Gamespy but I didn't play much online so I can't talk about that.

Other than that, it's a good port. Good performance, has everything but a FoV slider like Borderlands 2, but you can edit that manually IIRC. All in all, it's really not that far from Borderlands 2 in terms of being a PC port.

kennah

If you have already played it on a console you can safely skip it and go straight to Borderlands 2. The only thing that transfers over between games is it unlocks one skin/head for the characters.

I would recommend Borderlands 2. It's better in every way.

It's kind of the difference between L4D and L4D2. L4D2 is similar but superior to L4D; the only draw to play L4D would be to play as the original characters (and even then they're in L4D2).

Not really. In L4D you don't have to contend with special infected literally every 10 seconds, and I don't have any statistics, but it certainly feels like there are more normal infected. I prefer L4D. Whereas Borderlands 2 improves on Borderlands 1 in every single way. More environment variety, more fleshed-out world and personality, much more interesting guns, better-feeling guns, and the action skills are no longer exclusively once-a-minute powerups.

Decado

Good to know, guys. I never played the game before and am waiting for the inevitable Borderlands 2 GOTY edition this winter to play in co-op with a friend.

Might try Borderlands 1 in single player. Mainly I want The Darkness 2, but the pack has DNF (awful) and Borderlands 1. Not worth $10 just for one game...but if both TD2 and Borderlands are good on PC I may bite.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, how do I know if I have one of the $5 coupons? I remember tons of emails leading up to the holidays for various $5 credits, and some I used, some I didn't. Does Amazon have a central page of what we earned and what's active/expired/used?

Caerith

Hmm, how do I know if I have one of the $5 coupons? I remember tons of emails leading up to the holidays for various $5 credits, and some I used, some I didn't. Does Amazon have a central page of what we earned and what's active/expired/used?
It shows the discount on the first checkout page, so just click "buy and download" and see if the total changes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Amazon lumps all software/video game credit together and there's no way to view it at a more granular level. The easiest way to check if you have any Editor's Choice credit is to add an EC game to your cart and see if a price reduction is applied at the first stage of checkout.

Edit: Beaten.

Sulik2

The only game I want from the THQ mega pack is darksiders 2. Does anyone have a key they would like to sell before I buy the whole bundle and try to move the rest on to other gaffers?

That's great news Amalur hopefully it will be up during the summer duldrums before all the next gen craziness starts.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well not buying anything during the past winter sales finally bit me in the ass. Want that MS bundle though if I can't find anyone that has an extra coupon I may just get it anyway.

O.DOGG

The only game I want from the THQ mega pack is darksiders 2. Does anyone have a key they would like to sell before I buy the whole bundle and try to move the rest on to other gaffers?

That's great news Amalur hopefully it will be up during the summer duldrums before all the next gen craziness starts.

Well, I'm also looking for Darksiders 2 as well as Retribution, so at least I may buy that from you.

wilflare

thinking if I should jump on that THQ pack since I'm missing some of the DOW1 games but bleh.

Gotta check how many coupons I have left, might have some spares

I was a little bummed that I wasted my EC coupon on the Desert to Sea bundle because I didn't think there would be more bundles but $10 is already crazy low.
I've managed two discounts with those coupons. Not sure how, since I only made one purchase that I recall. Maybe buying XCOM in January gave me a second coupon. I don't know. Anyway, add some other game you are interested in and maybe you'll have another coupon?

thinking if I should jump on that THQ pack since I'm missing some of the DOW1 games but bleh.

Gotta check how many coupons I have left, might have some spares

Also looking for Darksiders 2 and Warhammer 4000 Space Marine.
PMs with offers sent to both of you.

Well not buying anything during the past winter sales finally bit me in the ass. Want that MS bundle though if I can't find anyone that has an extra coupon I may just get it anyway.

I'm pretty sure I have exactly two coupons left. I'll try to let you know Sunday once I buy my copy of the MS bundle.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B1ULJI0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Jesus, how many tower defense games can exist on the market? Buying deadlight separate.

In the defense of Iron Brigade and Toy Soldiers neither plays much like your usual tower defense. I'd liken Iron Brigade more like Gears of War 3's Horde mode and Toy Soldiers is more like a shooters turret sequence, but better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom