• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

Anyone with an extra EC coupon interested in splitting the MS Arcade Bundle? I'll take Iron Brigade and Deadlight and you'll take the rest. I'll paypal first of course, was thinking maybe $3 paypal for my 2 games?

PM me if you're interested :)

Alex

Gonna go off a little rant since I dropped full price on it: Iron Brigade was likely the worst game I played last year, I was very disappointed with it.

I really wanted to like it too as I normally enjoy Double Fine's games. I also enjoy customizable mech stuff and tower defense games, especially the third person/co-op variety. However, it's just so cludgy and not in the fun, lumbering mech sort of way. Most of the mission structure and enemies and solutions to it all are just completely mundane in a sleep inducing kind of manner and the the fact that it's also very poorly tuned doesn't help, especially in a tower defense game that revolves around upgrading parts on a mech. Another real surprise for me was that, for DF game, I found the art and story bits to be just downright lousy. Like something you've never heard of out of a PSone bargain bin, there's just no charm or inspiration or humor.

Luckily it's a fairly short trip but it still manages to feel tiring when it's over. I would probably have quit earlier into it if a friend didn't wanna clear it just for the sake of clearing it. It's a shame, because it's a cool concept, third person tower defense with a customizable mech; there's a very good game in that idea, it just wasn't here, for my tastes at least. Luckily Orcs Must Die 2 was purchased shortly after and managed to scratch the itch that Iron Brigade couldn't, for us.

Anyhow, moving on...

Mark of the Ninja alone makes the pack worth buying, such a great game, I didn't like Shank, and I still don't care for the art in the game, myself, but it really is one of the best stealth games in years.

Deadlight I cracked on during the Steam sale, found it disappointing, didn't hate it, but it was uneven and had some really wasted potential. Game is drop dead gorgeous at times, too. If it didn't crumble as it went and they got a more talented writer there is a really top tier product hiding in it, instead of a pretty game with a few moments, good and bad.

Never tried the others, but I've heard good things about ITSP and... nothing about the other. I have no idea what it even is.

O.DOGG

Gonna go off a little rant since I dropped full price on it: Iron Brigade was likely the worst game I played last year, I was very disappointed with it.

I really wanted to like it too as I normally enjoy Double Fine's games. I also enjoy customizable mech stuff and tower defense games, especially the third person/co-op variety. However, it's just so cludgy and not in the fun, lumbering mech sort of way. Most of the mission structure and enemies and solutions to it all are just completely mundane in a sleep inducing kind of manner and the the fact that it's also very poorly tuned doesn't help, especially in a tower defense game that revolves around upgrading parts on a mech. Another real surprise for me was that, for DF game, I found the art and story bits to be just downright lousy. Like something you've never heard of out of a PSone bargain bin, there's just no charm or inspiration or humor.

Luckily it's a fairly short trip but it still manages to feel tiring when it's over. I would probably have quit earlier into it if a friend didn't wanna clear it just for the sake of clearing it. It's a shame, because it's a cool concept, third person tower defense with a customizable mech; there's a very good game in that idea, it just wasn't here, for my tastes at least. Luckily Orcs Must Die 2 was purchased shortly after and managed to scratch the itch that Iron Brigade couldn't, for us.

Anyhow, moving on...

Mark of the Ninja alone makes the pack worth buying, such a great game, I didn't like Shank, and I still don't care for the art in the game, myself, but it really is one of the best stealth games in years.

Deadlight I cracked on during the Steam sale, found it disappointing, didn't hate it, but it was uneven and had some really wasted potential. Game is drop dead gorgeous at times, too. If it didn't crumble as it went and they got a more talented writer there is a really top tier product hiding in it, instead of a pretty game with a few moments, good and bad.

Never tried the others, but I've heard good things about ITSP and... nothing about the other. I have no idea what it even is.

So Iron Brigade is bad? That's disappointing. It was one of the main reasons I was looking forward to buying that MS pack (that and Mark, which I may buy by itself now). I just might buy the THQ pack in that case...

So Iron Brigade is bad? That's disappointing. It was one of the main reasons I was looking forward to buying that MS pack (that and Mark, which I may buy by itself now). I just might buy the THQ pack in that case...

To offer a counter point I really like the game. I thought the enemy and weapon design is really great. The premise is also really funny two scientist get exposed to radio waves that makes them super smart. One becomes an evil genius and invents TV years early, but for whatever reason the TVs he creates are evil too. The other decides to build mechs that are also trenches. I will admit that when I played the game there were some balance issues certain mechs were far better than others, but as I understand they've since made adjustments and everything plays along better together. Its one of my favorite tower defense games and I've been playing since 2003, but I will readily admit Alex is right OMD is the better of the two. Iron Brigade is still a hell of game and well worht playing.

wazoo

You ask opinion on a game on GAF.

50% will love it
50% will hate it
50% will have no opinion but just come here to say they have nothing to say

Genki

Buying the Microsoft Bundle but already have Mark of the Ninja. Anyone want to trade something for it?

Have Plants vs Zombies, Defence Grid, Orcs Must Die, King's Bounty: The Legend and Trine Steam gifts if you're interested in any of them. Also Sleeping Dogs, but I wouldn't trade that for Mark alone.

derExperte

Have Plants vs Zombies, Defence Grid, Orcs Must Die, King's Bounty: The Legend and Trine Steam gifts if you're interested in any of them. Also Sleeping Dogs, but I wouldn't trade that for Mark alone.

I can't give you Ninja, but would you be interested in any of the other bundled games (except Deadlight) in exchange for Defense Grid?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Did that Microsoft bundle already come out? It says $70 for me. Did I miss the sale, or hasn't it happened yet?

Bought Syndicate and Crysis bundle.

I don't like shooters.

What the hell is wrong with me?
They register on origin. Correct? Wheres the deal? ANd any on Steam?

Edit: 13 dollars with the coupon. But i wont be replaying Crysis 1, Warhead or 2, so why the F buy this? I'll pass. Sweet deal for anyone that hasnt played any of them by now.

Sulik2

Well finally jumped on the THQ pack. Needed a couple of games and wanted to get Darksiders II before it turned into System Shock II. Although now my backlog is crying.

The Boat

I could use a coupon for when the MS bundle is up if someone would be so kind. I'm mostly interested in Mark of the Ninja, but for that price might as well go for the bundle.

Omega

Banned
are you guys sure you actually want faBle 3? i've heard nothing good about the game and after watching a few reviews, I decided not to even bother.

AngryJoe has a video called Top 32 reasons why this game sucks. it seems pretty accurate as he shows examples of almost every reason. i normally don't like his reviews as he seems too lenient on most games unless they're really bad (terminator, mindjack, etc) so for him to make a 20+ minute video as to why this game sucks says a lot.

i know it's only 5 or 10 bucks, but that could be put to better use from the sound of it.

Nabs

make sure you are paying 5-10 for it at checkout.

edit: Sick. Got it! The Cave credit and EC code made the pack come out to $0.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom