• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon (UK?) Top Ten most pre-ordered (just announced) games from this years E3

jbug617

Banned
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/rare-replay-is-amazon-s-most-pre-ordered-game-announced-at-e3/0151588

1, Rare Replay, Microsoft
2. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Microsoft
3. Doom, Bethesda
4. Dishonored 2, Bethesda
5. Final Fantasy VII Remake, Square Enix
6. Gears of War 4, Microsoft
7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Ubisoft
8. Horizon Zero Dawn, Sony
9. Dishonored Definitive Edition, Bethesda
10. Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller, Microsoft

The online retailer has also revealed the Top Ten games that saw the biggest uplift in pre-orders following E3. Forza Motorsport 6 topped this chart, with an increase in pre-orders of 1005 per cent, while Star Wars Battlefront’s pre-orders leaped 857 per cent.

Note this information tells us less than you might think. For example, we have no idea what pre-orders these games had before the LA show. Forza 6 might have only have one pre-order, with a further 1,005 people pre-ordering following E3. Without knowing the actual change in unit sales, this information does not tell us much.

This list via the Forza thread for the up-lift in preorders.
Amazon Biggest pre-order uplifts following E3 2015

Forza Motorsport 6 - 1005%
Star Wars Battlefront - 857%
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - 690%
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 488%
Fallout 4 - 467%
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 382%
Halo 5: Guardians - 344%
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 243%
Madden NFL 16 - 136%
FIFA 16 - 76%

Fools should have ordered Blast Ball before they put Metroid on the boxart. Could be the rarest game of all time.

mpbb_zpsisjdma7u.jpg

why would anyone preorder FFVIIr yet

hoping for price fluctuations between now and release. Since Amazon doesn't charge you until it ships, you have nothing to lose. I did that with KH3, and Uncharted 3 and those preorders are down to ~$40 due to a 1 day price match of Target & Walmart's preorder pricing error.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Is this literally for games that weren't on the website at all? Because this very hard to believe that Fallout isn't at least on the chart.

Sulik2

Why are people still preordering AAA games after the last couple of years is what I want to know. Give it at least a month for the games to work people.

Fury451

Banned
Cool to see Horizon up there.

Weird no Fallout considering it's release is this year.

Edit: oh I see, it's on the Amazon list.

*Splinter

1, Rerelease
2. Rerelease
3. Sequel (Nostalgic)
4. Sequel
5. Rerelease
6. Sequel (Nostalgic?)
7. Sequel
8. New IP :eek:
9. Rerelease
10. Not a game

Great... :/

SaucyJack

Biggest percentage uplift in preorders is a bit of a meaningless stat isn't?

Doesn't really tell you anything if you don't know how many preorders the game had in the first place. Presumably also there were games that weren't available for preorder pre-E3, in fact presumably FF VII Remake wasn't so how can it have a percentage increase from zero?

phanphare

Banned
FFVII? lol

interesting to see the X1 Elite controller up there as well. definitely out of my price range but it looks like an amazing controller.

PooBone

3. Doom, Bethesda

Holy cow! I would never have guessed Rare Replay would be top of the list, and Fallout 4 is nowhere to be seen!? (Granted, Amazon doesn't have the Pipboy edition available for preorder yet.)

The only games I preordered after E3 aren't on the list either, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Who in the right mind would pre order gears 4 based on what was shown?
rare replay is just 360 games running on backwards comp..
final fantasy 7 just.. yeah 2 years off IF they rush it.
a $150 pad..

marrec

Banned
I'll never understand why people like Dishonored so much... but that whole list is a little wonky, Rare Replay at number 1?

*Splinter

Biggest percentage uplift in preorders is a bit of a meaningless stat isn't?

Doesn't really tell you anything if you don't know how many preorders the game had in the first place. Presumably also there were games that weren't available for preorder pre-E3, in fact presumably FF VII Remake wasn't so how can it have a percentage increase from zero?
The percentage increase is the second list, which includes Fallout but not FF7. The first list is presumably number of preorders placed since E3

...I'm sure you mentioned Fallout, am I quoting the wrong person?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
3. Doom, Bethesda

Holy cow! I would never have guessed Rare Replay would be top of the list, and Fallout 4 is nowhere to be seen!? (Granted, Amazon doesn't have the Pipboy edition available for preorder yet.)

The only games I preordered after E3 isn't on the list either, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.
Uhm for the bolded, I belive they already did and now it's sold out.

Top Bottom